Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Isacc »

Mod, I agree, can we get a votecount?
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Isacc »

EBWOP: Pretty please =D
Show

Check out my machinima:
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 9:45 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Isacc,

Can you please go into detail on why you find Armlx, MBL and MoS scummy?

MoS led the charge on Fabian.

Your previous reasoning about me was:
Isacc wrote:Another thing to consider; there are a few solid followers in this pack right now. Armlx is an obvious one, as well as MBL (post 857 much?).

Scum: I am very suspicious of Armlx and MBL, because of their tendency to just follow along with the crowd.
Even though my vote has been on Sajin and Kairyuu, and I was the first person voting each of them. OMGUS much?

======================================================================================

Also, Isacc, why do you and Kairyuu sound like the same person? You're both insulting, hyperdefensive, and call solid attacks against you "craplogic" and "baseless". You both have pet peeves about being "ignored". You both tried to get players removed from the game for ad-hominem. In posts with bold letters. You both use capital letters for emphasis the same way.
Kairyuu wrote:Also, nice job
ignoring
the rest of my post.
I told you not to
insult
me. AD HOM HAS NO PLACE HERE!

You need to back up your points, because these
baseless
accusations are completely false.

These few little snippets of
baseless
accusations?

Lynch me and I flip town motivator. That would get me away from this
craplogic
too.

@Mod: Please replace, or at the very least warn, Benmage. There is no reason that, after seeing what happened to Albert when he used ad hom, he should be able to get away with it.
Isacc wrote:See, you're just being emotional and
insulting
. Your attacks on me are
baseless

You on the other hand, continue to refuse to play the game,
ignoring
and
insulting
me.

ULTRA
craplogic

Mod: Please look into Albert's refusal to play the game and instead just resort to invective and ad-hominem.
Not to mention, the Isacc+Kairyuu patterns of posting in other games look fishy, as you're obsessed with each other's posts, including but not limited to:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 65#1636165
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 71#1636171
posted less than a minute apart...
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Benmage wrote:
I'm 'relatively' new to this forum. But everytime I've seen a roleblocker it has been on the scum team. In addition most of the time on other forum mafia games I've played roleblocker has been a scum ability.
Traditionally, pro-town blockers have always been more common then scum role blockers, although both roles are fairly common. The fact that scum roleblockers are in the new newbie setup, though, makes it understanable to me why new players might think otherwise.

Anyway, I don't see why anything about these new claims would make me less willing to lynch Issac. As pointed out, untargatable isn't especally likely to be a town ability, could be godfather or SK just as easily. Also, all the problems with Kairyuu's claim aside, even if Kairyuu is telling the complete truth it dosn't actually prove anything.

Also, this looks like a contradiction:
Isacc wrote:
Kison wrote:
Isacc wrote:And then the Foxhead Medallion is passive. It does not actually tell me the ability it gives me, just the flavor about receiving the gift from the Queen and how it grows cool to the touch, however the One Power immunity was pretty obvious.
Is your immunity unconditional? The foxhead medallion in the books didn't prevent indirect use of the One Power, such as having items thrown at the wearer, so one would think that "incineration", if done correctly, would still be an effective attack despite your possession of the medallion - but you seem to be implying that your immunity is foolproof.
This is something I asked about awhile back.

Only abilities that directly target me with the One Power are negated. However, general One Power abilities that don't directly target me will not be negated.
Earlier, you were just saying that the mod never told you that you were immune to the one power, just that you figured it out yourself from your role flavor. But now, you apparently asked the mod about the details of your one power immunity, AND HE ANSWERED YOU? Why would he do that if he never even told you you were immune to the One Power? That dosn't make any sense to me at all.

Confirm vote:Isacc
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Moratorium »

Also, Isacc, why do you and Kairyuu sound like the same person? You're both insulting, hyperdefensive, and call solid attacks against you "craplogic" and "baseless". You both have pet peeves about being "ignored". You both tried to get players removed from the game for ad-hominem. In posts with bold letters. You both use capital letters for emphasis the same way.
Kairyuu wrote:Also, nice job
ignoring
the rest of my post.
I told you not to
insult
me. AD HOM HAS NO PLACE HERE!

You need to back up your points, because these
baseless
accusations are completely false.

These few little snippets of
baseless
accusations?

Lynch me and I flip town motivator. That would get me away from this
craplogic
too.

@Mod: Please replace, or at the very least warn, Benmage. There is no reason that, after seeing what happened to Albert when he used ad hom, he should be able to get away with it.
Isacc wrote:See, you're just being emotional and
insulting
. Your attacks on me are
baseless

You on the other hand, continue to refuse to play the game,
ignoring
and
insulting
me.

ULTRA
craplogic

Mod: Please look into Albert's refusal to play the game and instead just resort to invective and ad-hominem.
Not to mention, the Isacc+Kairyuu patterns of posting in other games look fishy, as you're obsessed with each other's posts, including but not limited to:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 65#1636165
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 71#1636171
posted less than a minute apart...
:shock: That's uncanny, and warrants a request to check the IP's on the posts.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Mufasa »

unvote vote Issac
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Kinetic »

My computer just exploded. Litereally. Last night >>. I'm trying to get everything straight, but in case you were wondering, that is where I have been.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Seraphim »

The two of them do know each other in real life, guys.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Right, but Kairyuu trusted Isacc with a double night action even though he and Isacc disagreed on EVERYTHING at the time, including the roleclaims of three Aes Sedai. Therefore one of the following is true:

1) They shared role PMs.
2) They are the same person playing as two separate alts.
3) They are scum together.

Eliminating two of the three above possibilities will tell us how to proceed.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Wow...simulposted with you before , MBL; that's a terrifying thought. I hope you're wrong about them being alts, but I guess we'll see.

In any case, Isacc at least seems to have contradicted his own claim; I can't think of a way he could have been telling the truth in both places. He, at least, appears to be lying about his role.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Faraday »

I'd say they're scum.

ugh better to be caught as scum in a game rather than scum irl.

Yos's catch on the contradiction is another nail in the coffin.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Faraday »

I'd say we're ready to procced w/ a lynch, but I'd like to get replacements and sleeping locations etc.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Seraphim »

I see four possibilities:

Kairyuu is town. Isacc is town.
Kairyuu is town. Isacc is scum.
Kairyuu is scum. Isacc is town.
Kairyuu is scum. Isacc is scum.

We can eliminate the third possibility because it's illogical.

Kairyuu is town. Isacc is town.
Kairyuu is town. Isacc is scum.
Kairyuu is scum. Isacc is town.

Kairyuu is scum. Isacc is scum.

Therefore, if we lynch Kairyuu and he flips scum, Isacc cannot be town. However, if we lynch Kairyuu and he flips town, Isacc could still either be scum or town.

If we lynch Isacc and he flips town, Kairyuu cannot be scum. However, if we lynch Isacc and he flips scum, Kairyuu could still either be scum or town.

Not sure what to make of it, honestly. Still catching up but I think lynching Isacc is probably the right play today.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Faraday wrote:I'd say we're ready to procced w/ a lynch, but I'd like to get replacements and sleeping locations etc.
Actually...

Mod: If you did have to modkill Isacc and Kairyuu, would it end the day? Would we still have a chance to send in sleeping locations and such?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Hmm. Just got home from school, so I just caught up on the new stuff.

I refuse to defend myself or my choice of targets. I wanted to motivate Isacc because I was of the opinion that he was town. You do not have to agree with someone to think they are town. I think that the arguments against both myself and Isacc are foolish to the extreme, but whatever. This town is incapable of seeing reason, so I'm not even going to try reasoning with you. I have motivated Albert, and that is that. If you kill me, then the fact that this is a Deep South setup means that as long as KoC's ability doesn't resolve it will go through barring roleblocks or whatever.

@Albert: I don't honestly care about your opinion any more. You are being completely insensible right now, and it's annoying me. You are wrong. It is as simple as that. That is the last thing I will say on the matter.

@all: Faraday = town and Benmage, Slicey, Mufasa = scum. That is all.

I will no longer respond to any of these crap accusations against me. If you have a direct question for me, I will address it, but otherwise no. If the line of conversation continues to be solely focused around myself and Isacc, I will simply ignore it and continue to actually scumhunt.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Wait what? You guys are trying to get us modkilled as alts/cheaters? What the hell? How does that make any sense whatsoever? Isacc and I are friends from RL (as is common knowledge since I've posted it several times around the site). I recruited him because he was obsessed with WoT and was interested in Mafia, so the WoT mini was a good place to start. He liked it, so he stayed. We do not cheat in any way, and we are DEFINITELY not the same person.

I don't like these accusations at all.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Kairyuu wrote:@Albert: I don't honestly care about your opinion any more. You are being completely insensible right now, and it's annoying me. You are wrong. It is as simple as that. That is the last thing I will say on the matter.
But how do you
know
I'm wrong about Isacc?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I don't care about Isacc. I was referring to myself, and myself alone. Isacc is a toss-up to me, and I wanted to see role confirmation before I pursued him. At the moment, I do not really care what role/alignment he is. I'm much more concerned with the fact that people are accusing me of cheating simply because of whatever reason people are using.

I have too much respect for this site and the people here to cheat like that. I have done almost nothing but hang around here since I joined last summer, and I would never risk all of that just to get a slight advantage in a game.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Isacc »

This is utter bullshit. I'm thoroughly insulted that I am trying to be called a liar (outside of the game) and a cheater. If you want to lynch me, play the game, but don't resort to some attempts to profess that I am some kind of alt/cheater. I have a reputation as a sometimes violent player, but I will not pander to these petty accusations of foul play. It's crap, and I don't even understand why it's being suggested.

Do a IP check, do whatever the hell check you want. We are not the same person. We don't even play the same way. If you wonder why we use similar terminology HE TAUGHT ME TO PLAY THE GAME. This isn't rocketscience fellas.

Anyways, this has all gone on long enough, and there's nothing I can do to stop my own lynch. Given that reality, I will play to my win condition, and attempt to prolong my life as much as possible.

I have only lied ONCE all game. That lie was about my role as a whole. I am not a Blacksmith, I am a Gholam.

I
am
immune to the One Power.
I
did
believe Fabian's claim.
I
have
been attempting to play 100% pro-town (that's always my strat early game, regardless of alignment).
I
am
extremely frustrated that I have been pretty much honest about everything one would be expected to be honest about, and yet still got stuck xD lol.

I am a Serial Killer. I was motivated, and I submitted the kills on KoC and Shadow Knight. Kairyuu is probably protown (as I said, scum have never been motivators before).

I give you two options
:

1.) Finish lynching me now, and end this tirade of false accusations and libel.
2.) Let me live, and I will submit my kills against anti-town players, with your choosing if you would prefer.

The benefit of the first is that I am gone, and I don't have to deal with this, and there is one less SK in the game. However, I doubt my death will help in catching the real mafia.

The benefit of the second is that I become a threat to the scum, meaning that they may eventually find it wise to night kill me, freeing a townie from the danger of a NK once in the game. I can act as a town-vig, as I have no other moves left to make, and eventually I can even self-vig myself (if the mod allows that...I'm really not sure).

Choose whichever. I am not a fan of my character being degraded, so I would be happy with either choice.

And, I am not lying when I say that at least one of MBL, Armlx, and MoS is probably scum. They were following Yossarian like moths to light.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Isacc »

EBWOP: "I'm thoroughly insulted that I am being called a liar (outside of the game) and a cheater."

Trying is a typo. It should not be in the sentence.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote
Vote: Isacc

Kairyuu is town.

Thank you for clearing that up, Isacc.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Hold your horses until we get the two replacements!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Seraphim wrote:Kairyuu is town.
We don't know that. In all likelihood, if Isacc turns up scum instead of SK, Kairyuu is scum with him too.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Seraphim »

ABR.

No. Just no.

They are two different players. Seriously. Those accusations are just ridiculous and saddening.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Seraphim wrote:If we lynch Isacc and he flips town, Kairyuu cannot be scum. However, if we lynch Isacc and he flips scum, Kairyuu could still either be scum or town.
This quote still remains factual.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”