Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I doubt that. I'm not scum, and you will receive a motivation as long as actions are working this phase. That will hopefully be enough to prove that I'm not lying.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kairyuu wrote:I have motivated Albert, MBL. I will not be changing that. Why the hell would I motivate a claimed SK?
I don't know. Why did you motivate Isaac last night, after he spent the entire day trying to prevent us from lynching one of the Forsaken? And then when you saw all the kills today and realized it might be because you motivated a BG killer, why didn't you put a little pressure on Isacc?

(For the record, I don't think you were cheating, Kairyuu. I do have doubts about your alignment, but only in the game. :D )
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Patience, guys. I know you all feel strongly about stringing up the bastards, but time is on our side in this game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

That was for Albert.

@Benmage: You sir, are an idiot. Get over yourself.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Kairyuu wrote:Mmk. If you are actually serious MBL, then I will retract my replacement request. If there is one thing I cannot deal with it is when people attack my play ethics. Anything else I can deal with just fine, but that actually gets to me.
Let's let bygones be bygones. Meanwhile, can you please answer this?
MrBuddyLee wrote:Kairyuu, does your "motivation" power only work on people at your sleeping location?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

Benmage wrote:
Seriously what is Kairyuu’s problem… freaking immature crybaby. We’re all boring…all illogical…Just ask to be replaced.
Missed the Pow-wow...you might as well stay.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

AHH posts occurring so rapidly.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SpyreX wrote:However, Issac being SK does lend a large amount of credence to a second Gholam running around based on kill flavor. I could, definitely, see that being Flay.
If I may repeat myself:
Yosarian2 wrote:On a side note; I find all of Isacc's "there's another SK just like me" speculation unlikely. If Isaac is a SK, and if we're assuming SpyreX could have gone insane and become a SK...how many SK's would you expect in one game?
3 SK's in a game seems almost absurdly swingy. It's possible, but I doubt it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kairyuu wrote:That was for Albert.

@Benmage: You sir, are an idiot. Get over yourself.
Your bad. You supported your buddy just cause he's your buddy. Even though you believed ABR to be town. You acted untown-like by simply helping a friend. How you didn't declare his guilt after seeing today is probably because you are also scum. If your town, than your play is atrocious.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Yos:
I don't know. Why did you motivate Isaac last night, after he spent the entire day trying to prevent us from lynching one of the Forsaken?
I'm gonna have to consign this to the fact that I was V/LA for about 25 pages (thereby giving me a less than adequate read of the progression of the game). Combining that with the fact that my read showed him playing to his town meta (what little of it I know) made me think he was perfectly fine as a motivate target. Of course, the "I felt like it" reasoning comes into it too. I needed less convincing that he was pro-town to want to motivate him, simply because of the fact that I am a bit overly inclined to trust people who I know. So yeah, it is partially my fault for motivating him when he was a sub-optimal target, but I'm not going to apologize for it, because I have every right to target my choice of people.

@MBL: I don't know. It doesn't say so anywhere in my role.

@Benmage: Woohoo. I targetted him because I thought he was town. Big deal. Also, targetting him because I thought he was town is not atrocious play. Not even close. Sure, this is definitely not my best game, but I would not call my play
atrocious
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Isacc, are you saying that you killed both KoC and SK by dismemberment?
mod wrote:Shadow Knight, Barohei Sedai of the Green Ajeh, Town, dismembered before Daybreak of Day 2.
Knight of Cydonia, Ta'veren of the Light, Town, dismembered and incinerated before Daybreak of Day 2
Are you limited to killing people in your location at night, Isacc? Were you lying when you said you didn't know whether Kairyuu or anyone else was at the Blacksmith?
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Isacc »

@Issac, you killed innocents, claimed AS and claimed town power roles…how are you town benefiting?
KoC I wasn't sure about. KoC was a suspicion.

I also benefit from killing Power users. So, I killed Shadow Knight because if any of the AS were black ajah, he seemed most likely. However, since Fabian's flip, I think scum may be just as nice a treat for me.

I hope that once I flip SK, then yall will trust me a little more? I would hate for all the accusations I made to go to waste purely on the grounds that I am "scum." Yes, it makes sense that if I am mafia, then I shan't be trusted at all, but as an SK I have as much to benefit from killing mafia as the town does, so I think you should realize that I am not lying about who I find suspicious and why.

Yossarian wrote:On a side note; I find all of Isacc's "there's another SK just like me" speculation unlikely. If Isaac is a SK, and if we're assuming SpyreX could have gone insane and become a SK...how many SK's would you expect in one game?
So eager to defend Flay? Why not let him play pro-town, and then his mentions of Gholam may be viewed as coincidence? You seem pretty eager to point out that Flay is probably not another SK. Could you two perhaps be scum together?

I also wonder, to what do you account my unique kill flavor appearing a third time? I wouldn't say coincidence, as my role-pm also specifically tells me that
my
kill flavor is dismemberment. So, why would there be a third?
Benmage wrote:Isacc, are you saying that you killed both KoC and SK by dismemberment?
Yep.
Benmage wrote:Are you limited to killing people in your location at night, Isacc? Were you lying when you said you didn't know whether Kairyuu or anyone else was at the Blacksmith?
Actually, all that "only in my location" thing was an honest mistake on my part. You see, I have a tracking ability that lets me learn the sleeping location of a person I use it on, and then move closer to them. I assumed my kill only went through on people in my location, because of that. I was wrong, however.

And, I don't know who was at the Blacksmith at night. I know
one
fact about my sleeping location, but telling it could be anti-town, and would cause mostly just WIFOM anyways (as we don't know the sleeping locations of dead people), so I'll keep that to myself.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Isacc »

By the way, when I flip SK, it will be illogical to consider Kairyuu scum.

Mainly because, why would a mafia motivate someone who
wasn't
mafia with them, in favor of someone that could have been pro-town? It would be absolutely ridiculous/insane/retarded.

This is why, by simple logic, Kai is obvtown. If he was mafia, he would have motivated mafia, not a potential townie.

Also, I maintain that motivator is not a scum-role.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Benmage »

uhh...i think you misquoted me, seeing as i never said those statements...
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Isacc wrote:
MBL wrote:Are you limited to killing people in your location at night, Isacc? Were you lying when you said you didn't know whether Kairyuu or anyone else was at the Blacksmith?
Actually, all that "only in my location" thing was an honest mistake on my part.
You see, I have a tracking ability that lets me learn the sleeping location of a person I use it on, and then move closer to them.
I assumed my kill only went through on people in my location, because of that. I was wrong, however.
Why would you want to move closer to them if location doesn't matter? Did you use the tracking ability last night and thus move closer to someone you targeted with it? How do you know you were wrong about your locations theory? Did you kill someone not in your location?
Isacc wrote:And, I don't know who was at the Blacksmith at night.
I know
one
fact about my sleeping location, but telling it could be anti-town
, and would cause mostly just WIFOM anyways (as we don't know the sleeping locations of dead people), so I'll keep that to myself.
Huh? I only see two possibilities for information you might have:

1) You know someone lied about their sleeping location.
2) You know where a dead person slept last night before being killed.

Which one is it that you have? And why do you see it as pro-town to hide that information?

If we're going to keep you around, we're going to need answers and QUICK.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Alright, I've got my laptop somewhat working, but my main computer with all my prep materials is still on the fritz. I'm trying to fix that, but in the meantime I'll try and catch up the vote count. I also have replacements lined up right now, which should be introduced before the end of the night.

As well, just another FAIR warning: Send in your twilight sleeping locations EARLY to avoid them being randomized.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Isacc »

Benmage wrote:uhh...i think you misquoted me, seeing as i never said those statements...
Woops yes. MBL. Sorry.
Show

Check out my machinima:
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Also, Isacc, your newbieness may explain a lot here. Was the WoT mini your first exposure ever to the game of Mafia?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Kinetic »

OozingGoofBall replaces Myndrunner, Goatrevolt replaces Tuberkulos
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Isacc »

STOP THE TRAIN

I'm a retard. A big one. I was just rereading my pms, checking my roles, etc.

I just remembered. I didn't kill Shadow Knight, I killed Hascow.

Yeah, I know this won't be believed. But, I wanted to make sure one kill would go through (I die if I don't kill once every two days), so with two kills I made sure one was someone that prob wouldn't get protected, and thus basically picked at random.

I'm sure this will get me put to death, even more than already, but I feel if I am honestly going to be pro-town, I should at least be giving the right information. Thinking I killed SK could protect whoever actually submitted that particular kill.

Anyways, I'm sure I won't be believed, but no one believes me about anything anyways until I flip, so I don't really care.

Back to helping...
Benmage wrote:uhh...i think you misquoted me, seeing as i never said those statements...
Yes, sorry. MBL was proper tag.
MBL wrote:Why would you want to move closer to them if location doesn't matter? Did you use the tracking ability last night and thus move closer to someone you targeted with it? How do you know you were wrong about your locations theory? Did you kill someone not in your location?
I don't know why, not yet at least.

I used the tracking on Fabian, because he was a Power user, but then couldn't move closer to him because he was lynched.

And, I think I'm wrong about my locations theory because I find it unlikely that I happened to guess two kills that were in blacksmith. Plus, I also think it'd be unfair to make me get one kill every two days if my location factored into whether or not I even succeeded.
MBL wrote:Huh? I only see two possibilities for information you might have:

1) You know someone lied about their sleeping location.
2) You know where a dead person slept last night before being killed.

Which one is it that you have? And why do you see it as pro-town to hide that information?
Neither of those possibilities are accurate. I receive a bit of general information about the people in my sleeping location, but nothing specific enough to pin down to a specific person. If I revealed my information, it would, at worst, out a power role, or at best do nothing and cause confusion.
Also, Isacc, your newbieness may explain a lot here. Was the WoT mini your first exposure ever to the game of Mafia?
No. I had played two games outside of mafiascum.net by then, and I've completed 3 games since them, and I'm still "in" 3 others too (if you count being dead as in...if not, I've completed 5 and I'm in 1 other =P).

I am really not a noob at this point...
Show

Check out my machinima:
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Isacc wrote: I hope that once I flip SK, then yall will trust me a little more? I would hate for all the accusations I made to go to waste purely on the grounds that I am "scum."
Why? If you're SK, then why do you care if the mafia or the town wins?
Yossarian wrote:On a side note; I find all of Isacc's "there's another SK just like me" speculation unlikely. If Isaac is a SK, and if we're assuming SpyreX could have gone insane and become a SK...how many SK's would you expect in one game?
So eager to defend Flay?
Eh? Flay is one of my main suspects, and has been since I replaced in. I doubt that there's 3 SK's in this game, though.

You seem pretty eager to point out that Flay is probably not another SK. Could you two perhaps be scum together?
Wait...I thought you just said Flay was a SK. Now you think he's my scumbuddy?

Interesting that you're trying to link me to Flay, though. If Isaac comes up mafia, the odds of Flay being mafia with him just went way up.
I also wonder, to what do you account my unique kill flavor appearing a third time? I wouldn't say coincidence, as my role-pm also specifically tells me that
my
kill flavor is dismemberment. So, why would there be a third?
That's a good question. I don't see any reason to assume, though, that the answer is "there are two Gholam SK's in the game." There are such a vast number of interesting characters in the Wheel of Time books, I don't really think it's that likely the mod would include two Gholams in the game; especally considering that they're not an especally common type of creature in the books; according to this wheel of time Wiki, there's only one known Gholam in the Third Age, probably pulled out of a stasis box. The idea of two just seems silly.

And as I was saying, there are balance problems with the idea of 3 potential SK's; 3 SK's means 3 extra random kills each day, which could either wipe out the town or wipe out the scum; it would basically makes the setup incredibly swingy and random. Just as a point of game theory, if someone asked me to review a game this size with a mafia and 3 potential SK's, I would suggest they reconsider unless it's really fundimental to the theme of the game.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm going to start reading the game tonight. I probably won't get caught up immediately, though, as this game looks long and complicated. Any deadlines or special information I need to know before I start my read?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Goatrevolt wrote:I'm going to start reading the game tonight. I probably won't get caught up immediately, though, as this game looks long and complicated. Any deadlines or special information I need to know before I start my read?
Isaac is confirmed scum. We don't want to lynch him until all the replacements have arrived and claimed where they slept last night. Please claim where you slept last night immediately.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Isacc »

Yossarian wrote:they're not an especally common type of creature in the books; according to this wheel of time Wiki, there's only one known Gholam in the Third Age, probably pulled out of a stasis box. The idea of two just seems silly.
Need I remind you that this takes place shortly after the breaking,
before
Gholams became uncommon? Probably during the time one would be placed in a stasis box? I mean, we already know one Forsaken is alive, and the Gholams are a creation of a Forsaken...so I think it's definitely early enough in the storyline to suggest a larger number of shadowspawn.

Also, I wouldn't discount the possibility of a Gholam mafia. I'm actually surprised that I am even an SK, as I don't see why a shadowspawn would work for itself.
Show

Check out my machinima:
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Isacc wrote:No. I had played two games outside of mafiascum.net by then, and I've completed 3 games since them, and I'm still "in" 3 others too (if you count being dead as in...if not, I've completed 5 and I'm in 1 other =P).

I am really not a noob at this point...
Oh, ok, cause Kira said you were new to Mafia.
Kira wrote:I recruited him because he was obsessed with WoT and was interested in Mafia, so the WoT mini was a good place to start.
Isacc wrote:I just remembered. I didn't kill Shadow Knight, I killed Hascow.
Oh, ok, so you detected the One Power at the Blacksmith? That would probably be Kairyuu killing ShadowKnight.

Tell you what, according to the chart, it was only you, me and Kairyuu at the Blacksmith. Kairyuu's already claimed a power role, so I'm fine with you telling everyone what you detected at the Blacksmith. Just wait for the last two players to claim sleeping spots before you tell us all what you spotted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”