Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Kison »

Isacc wrote:
MoS wrote:Casting a "one of three" net across people attacking him really helps support the case of Isacc being scum.
Nice. I like how your case against a confirmed SK is to make me seem scummy. Really shows that you're protown there.
What's the problem, here? Being a serial killer is inherently scummy.
Isacc wrote:Also, you "nailing 2 scum" isn't a free pass to
anything,
and the fact that you are trying to play it off as a reason to find you pro-town is a big red flag.
FoS MoS
for that one.
No, it's not a free pass to anything, but your implication that it shouldn't be taken into account when assessing his alignment is a fallacious argument.
Isacc wrote:2) I was not immune to the One Power....hmmm both of those were false...
I think the larger issue was your contradicting statements regarding your interaction with the moderator over the workings of the foxhead medallion, not the passive ability to fend off the One Power in itself.
Isacc wrote:MOTIVATOR IS NOT A SCUM ROLE.
Settle down there, Rasputin: IT HAS BEEN DONE.
Isacc wrote:
MOTIVATOR IS NOT A SCUM ROLE
IT HAS BEEN DONE
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Isacc »

I think the larger issue was your contradicting statements regarding your interaction with the moderator over the workings of the foxhead medallion, not the passive ability to fend off the One Power in itself.
Then obviously you didn't read the arguments, because that didn't happen till a couple posts before I claimed. I was already heavily wagoned by that time. And, at least 3 people claimed my "one power immunity" was just a failed gambit and made up in order to protect against the roleblock accusation. You sir, need to read more carefully.
Settle down there, Rasputin: IT HAS BEEN DONE.
That's a particularly different role. Yes it is called a "motivator" but it is a very different role. The role we are discussing here is one that specifically grants the target the ability to choose two actions.

I don't think it's logical that this type of motivator would be a scum role.
I don't think it's logical that this type of motivator, if scum, would have targeted me.

The logic does not hold. Why is everyone clinging to it? Illogical behavior is so frustrating...
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Isacc »

Doublepost.

Kison, did you read the modnotes for the game that you linked? Your example even proves my logic.

Who did the motivator motivate every single day he was alive? SCUM.

Point made.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Kison »

Isacc wrote: That's a particularly different role. Yes it is called a "motivator" but it is a very different role. The role we are discussing here is one that specifically grants the target the ability to choose two actions.

I don't think it's logical that this type of motivator would be a scum role.
I don't think it's logical that this type of motivator, if scum, would have targeted me.

The logic does not hold. Why is everyone clinging to it? Illogical behavior is so frustrating...
I agree with your #2(if you flip SK) but not necessarily with your #1; I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility as you are doing in a game as complex as this - but in the end I don't think it really matter unless you are lynched and not revealed as SK. If you're telling the truth I don't think you really should be concerned.
Isacc wrote:Kison, did you read the modnotes for the game that you linked? Your example even proves my logic.

Who did the motivator motivate every single day he was alive? SCUM.
Meh, again, I'm not really concerned as long as you flip SK. That was actually the only example of motivator as scum I found on the entire site. I mainly posted that to heckle you for your adamancy that it was not a scum role.
Isacc wrote:Then obviously you didn't read the arguments, because that didn't happen till a couple posts before I claimed. I was already heavily wagoned by that time. And, at least 3 people claimed my "one power immunity" was just a failed gambit and made up in order to protect against the roleblock accusation. You sir, need to read more carefully.
People thought it was a failed gambit because your claim was poorly executed: You claimed blacksmith and moments later claimed to have one power immunity on the side. That didn't add up, and in the end we got it right, even though it was a good attempt. I think it's pretty arrogant of you to shout about how wrong everyone was when you were caught for fairly valid reasons, but hey, whatever. I don't care that much. :roll:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

We should lynch Isacc today and Kairyuu tomorrow.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

I definitely agree with Issac. Kai is a decent probability but depending on night actions / Issacs flip we may disagree tomorrow. :P
yos wrote:So...now you're saying that you have some kind of role based info telling you you never would have become a SK, even if you hadn't been Gentled? Do you know something now you didn't know yesterday?
Yes. I can not go into details. But yes.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:14 am

Oh yeah one more thing. Don't pay any attention to what Isacc says. Don't even address him. We don't care what he says, he's irrelevant to discussion now.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:21 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Isacc wrote:When Kai hangs, people better take a goooood look at the people pushing him. Unlike with Fabian, I think I'm right about this one (as logic leaves no other probable solution...)
At this point, I'm willing to accept Kaiyruu's explanation that he's a bad mafia player and overtrusted his real life friend who turned out to be a serial killer. If you turn out to be scum and not SK, though, Kira should absolutely be vigged and/or lynched tomorrow.
Isacc wrote:Illogical behavior is so frustrating...
Not really. It was totally illogical for you to claim SK at L-4, but I don't find that the least bit frustrating--I find it refreshing as a romp in a field of peonies.
Isacc wrote:You sir, need to read more carefully.
So do you, apparently. You were 0-for-3 on your scumcalls yesterday, and I suspect you're 0-for-3 again today with {MoS, armlx, MBL}.
MoS wrote:MBL is being stupid, Kairyuu is overreacting by assuming everyone thinks he is cheating when it's only MBL goading him
for no real reason.
They both need to get real.
You should know better than this. :)
Isacc wrote:Oh yeah one more thing. Don't pay any attention to what Isacc says. Don't even address him. We don't care what he says, he's irrelevant to discussion now.
Actually, he's provided us with relevant info since he confessed. Regarding his nightkills, regarding the way locations work for killers, etc. Granted, he could be lying, but pumping him for info certainly doesn't hurt.

C'mon, OozingGoofball.

vote: Isacc
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Albert, why did you ignore MoS' 984? He's not talking about Kairyuu, he's talking about Fabian and why you ignored the claim to detect Saidar.
I don't understand your query.

Rephrase what you want to know as if you were the one asking the question.
"Did you or did you not detect Saidar usage yesterday when Fabian claimed to have done so (either time)? If not, why didn't you take that as confirmation that Fabian was lying about his 'Lesser Detect Saidar' ability?"
julienvonwolfe wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote: Since a blacksmith isn't an Aes Sedai, either there's a Masonic MajorityTM out there, or that's awfully coincidental.
Can you elaborate on this a bit more? What do you mean by Masonic Majority?
Sorry, I just meant that we've already gotten two role claims by Aes Sedai who claim to have partners (not each other). Two of those are White, which may mean there's as many as 8 or more, each a Mason/Neighbor pair. Add in what I thought was a BlackSmith+Butler Mason pair (now obviously false), and it starts to look like there's a whole lot of Masons in the game.

Unvote, Vote: Isacc
- yes, it's theoretically possible we could use a claimed SK as a weapon, but I'm not counting on it. Also, THREE "dismemberment" kills last night makes me think we're dealing with a Gholam Mafia, not SK. The motivator claim accounts for two, but I'm guessing they get X kills/Y days or something, and killed
en masse
early because of KoC's roleclaim. Or they are lost siblings and have to find each other before they become a pair/triad/whatever. In any case, the nightkills don't match up to the roles thus far.

Isacc:
If you want to help the town, answer this: Was your role name "Conmeal Lud" given to you as a safe claim?
Yosarian2 wrote:Why did you motivate Isaac last night, after he spent the entire day trying to prevent us from lynching one of the Forsaken?
Not that I disagree with the general gist of your concern (Kairyuu motivating Isacc instead of one of the Aes Sedai), but we didn't know Fabian was a Forsaken until Daybreak. He could have been anything at that point (probably not town, but you know what I mean).
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Moratorium »

Before someone tries to sneak this lynch through before our last replacement claims their location, let me just point out that with Flay's vote,
Isacc is now L-2.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote
, until we get the last location claim.

With today's lynch out of the way, might as well move on to other business. I'm thinking Mr. Flay is our next scum.

ABR, if Mr. Flay is scum, chances are he can channel. Do you think he's more likely to be male or female?
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever been accused of being scum for knowing too much about the theme.
SpyreX wrote:However, Issac being SK does lend a large amount of credence to a second Gholam running around based on kill flavor. I could, definitely, see that being Flay.
Kairyuu wrote:Well that means my hunch was right about the NKs, but it also means that there is likely a seond Gholam-SK that we need to look out for. There's another theory, but it's ugly and I'll explain it tomorrow after we get another datapoint.

Flay would be my first hunch since he was the only one to bring up the word Gholam in the thread (I've never heard of the things).
Huh? Why am I a likely Gholam? I'm not even going to bother quoting Isacc's bandwagoning on this stupid idea. This is a trivial hypothesis to disprove - someone just needs to target me with a direct weave and get a result.

Kairyuu's unvoting of Isacc after speedlynch danger was gone is noted.

Oozing, claim your sleeping location from last night ASAP.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

EBWOP:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:You killed two power roles last night, and you keep trying to convince people I am scum after I nailed 2 scum. Neither of those actions are protown.
Okay, Isacc finally made some sense again. Why do you assume hasfgdas was a power role?

You seem to be making an awful lot of assumptions there. IF I'm scum, why would I be a channeler? Why do you think I'm the next best lynch, anyway? I haven't seen anything like a case from you, just bald statements.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 7:18 am

I didn't assume hasdgfas had a power role. It should be pretty obvious that I typed that part of my post before it was revealed that Isacc didn't kill SK.

You'd be a channeler because most of the scum in the books could channel. It's possible you're not, but I don't think the discussion is invalid just because the possibility exists. It's also *possible* you are protown, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss you being scum, either.

As far as why I think you're scum, I've been voting/FoSing you since day 1. I dropped my vote off you to go after Fabian, remember? Your "jester" actions seem completely scum-motivated, your actions regarding Fabian lead me to believe you're a possible scumbuddy of his (passive defense, early attack on a premise that is easily dropped, etc), and calling out SK as an Aes Sedai doesn't sit well with me (including the subsequent backtracking when you got called on it).
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 am

Don't vote for Isacc anymore until we get a location claim.
Mr. Flay wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Albert, why did you ignore MoS' 984? He's not talking about Kairyuu, he's talking about Fabian and why you ignored the claim to detect Saidar.
I don't understand your query.

Rephrase what you want to know as if you were the one asking the question.
"Did you or did you not detect Saidar usage yesterday when Fabian claimed to have done so (either time)? If not, why didn't you take that as confirmation that Fabian was lying about his 'Lesser Detect Saidar' ability?"
I
did
bring it up. Reading times ahead for you Mr.Flay.

@MoS

Dunno. Scum is scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

Oozing? Why not just call him zwet?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:43 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
@MoS

Dunno. Scum is scum.
Well, the difference being that since we are already lynching scum today, whatever channelers we have left should gentle/still Flay tonight, we just have to decide what he is first.
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:45 am

If Flay does an IP check on OozingGolfBall then I will consider him pro-town.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Benmage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
@MoS

Dunno. Scum is scum.
Well, the difference being that since we are already lynching scum today, whatever channelers we have left should gentle/still Flay tonight, we just have to decide what he is first.
Look at the mini AS abilities. They have some pretty powerful stuff. To force them to gentle/still is questionable...first of all they have to decide which action to take gentle or still...Secondly ABR said it requires 3 to gentle and both ABR and SK mentioned they were in pairs, so it'll have to be agreed upon on the forum somehow to gentle since it requires three.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Benmage »

Also you have to convince all that flay is what you believe him to be, and so far I've only seen you considering this option.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:06 am

Benmage, unvote so the scum don't quicklynch.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:15 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

At this point it's not even remotely quicklynch. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:15 am

Post by SpyreX »

I am against gentling flay tonight. Lynch him or be done - unless you think he's cookoopuffs like I was the gentle is a waste of more useful PR's. If you think he's scum, lynch him.

Not to mention my tinfoil hat theorm about how terribad it would be to suggest something like that if there was a scum watcher. Even I yesterday said that gentling me was a bad idea.

ON A RELATED NOTE:

@ABR, did your partner get a "gentling successful" message? I mean, I know it worked but did they?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:17 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:At this point it's not even remotely quicklynch. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Why end the day? We already know what the lynch scene will reveal. This isn't War in Heaven mafia, we're not under pressure to kill quickly. The more evidence we have, the better. Also, its fun to watch Isacc squirm :)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 am

SpyreX wrote:@ABR, did your partner get a "gentling successful" message? I mean, I know it worked but did they?
I doubt it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”