charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by charter »

Incog's claim really doesn't mean anything if you think he's in a three person group with Ether (Xdaamo is included because he's prolly scum) because then he could have just bussed Ether day two, knowing she could never make it long. His Korts result means nothing because Korts said that's what he did first. The watcher in here is just too good for town.

=======================
Page 36 Votecount

charter (0/4):
Green Crayons(2/4): Korts, Incognito
Incognito (0/4):
Korts (0/4):
Patrick (0/4):
Xdaamno (0/4):

Not voting (4/6):

charter, Green Crayons, Patrick, Xdaamno

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
=======================

Countdown To Deadline
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 875, charter wrote:Incog's claim really doesn't mean anything if you think he's in a three person group with Ether (Xdaamo is included because he's prolly scum) because then he could have just bussed Ether day two, knowing she could never make it long. His Korts result means nothing because Korts said that's what he did first. The watcher in here is just too good for town.
Well then talk to vollkan about it because he put it in this set-up. If I get lynched because of my claim, I'm going to have a GREAT time during post-game giving you and anyone else who voted me some shit for trying to out-guess the mod and failing miserably.

Seriously, what incentive would I as scum to bus Ether, a MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER, during Day 2? She caught some flak during Day 1 but after she came back and began posting again pretty much everyone who was giving her flak (Yosarian2, camn, Patrick, etc) began calling her town again. I started attacking her during Day 2 just a few days into the start of it after making my voice perfectly clear during Day 1 that I thought she was obvtown. Yosarian2 would have been a rather easy lynch for me to push given the two investigative role flips, and I would have realized that doing so would have put the game in LYLO right now. So not only do you think I bussed my scum power role partner during Day 2 when she wasn't under any pressure, you also think that I was retarded enough to fakeclaim Watcher when I already would have known that I would receive flak for claiming a role that probably wouldn't be believed by anyone because of the two investigative role flips.

Just stop and think for a bit and tell me if any of the above makes any damn sense. If it does, then vote for me and see if I give a shit. Your set-up speculation would have already lynched Yos2, a claimed Miller, so yeah
LET'S ALL BE STUPID AND NOT LEARN FROM THE FIRST TIME THAT OUR MOD MAY HAVE MADE SOME SCREWY SET-UP THAT MIGHT FUCK WITH OUR MINDS.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Incognito »

charter in MD wrote:Whenever someone is on the lynch of scum, and accuses someone else on the lynch of bussing, it makes me wary of the acuser. You need to come up with other reasons than 'suspected bussing' if you want anyone else to listen to you. I think subjective is fine for your own opinions, but then you need to dig up/invent objective points for others to go on.
That's awesome.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 4:56 am

Post by charter »

I'm pretty sure no one is trying to lynch anyone else for the sole reason of being on Ether's wagon.

Incog, do you not see how claiming a third investigative role is met with heavy suspicion by the rest of the town?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Yes, I can see that but what do you expect me to do? Lie about my role and claim Vanilla just so I don't have to put up with this?

Now I know how Elmo felt in my game when I put in two Cops in a set-up and nobody believed him.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Korts »

Sorry, I'm not in the mood to read page 35 onwards.
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:37 am

Post by charter »

Korts wrote:Sorry, I'm not in the mood to read page 35 onwards.
Then get yourself replaced. We dont need your self centered shit here.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Korts »

I will read it tomorrow. I didn't intend to ignore it.
scumchat never die
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Patrick »

GC wrote:I have no reason to think that we don't have at least a single doctor-esque role out there.
Not every game contains a protective role. The only previous vollkan game I've played in didn't, so it doesn't seem like a safe assumption.
GC wrote:Outside of his actual claim and apart from my D1 squabble with him, he never really registered on my scumdar again - yet another reason why I am inclined to believe him. I actually don't understand you persistent suspicions of Korts, so I'm all ears as to why he's still not confirmed for you.
I can see scum choosing to claim bodyguard on day 1, it's less likely to draw a counterclaim and if he fears another scum faction, it's also less likely to draw a nightkill. But mainly it's because I think we likely have 2-1-3 and if he's town I'm struggling to think of a two person team I believe in.

I think the obviousness of Ether's scumhood yesterday is being exagerated. Yes it was pretty obvious late in the day when she more or less gave up, but at the very start of day 1, I don't remember much suspicion on her at all, and the Yos wagon would have been an easy one to join. I really, really don't think Incognito's move on Ether was a busing effort and I'm amazed that the notion seems popular. His recent posts look pretty town to me as well.

Xdaamno needs to post something with actual substance. He's hanging back, and it doesn't take a genius to work out why.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by charter »

Korts wrote:I will read it tomorrow. I didn't intend to ignore it.
Ok. It sounded like from your earlier one you had no intention of reading the last page at all. I didn't realize you just weren't doing it now.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Incognito »

Thank you, Patrick, for bringing some sense into this thread. Much appreciated. Still not sure if you're scum though whereas GC is almost certainly scum.

Mod:
prod Xdaamno, please?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I'll be out of town for the weekend, starting tomorrow. I'll be back Sunday and will have a post by Monday at the latest of at least a "I'm here and read the thread."
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by vollkan »

Xdaamno has been prodded
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Korts »

GC wrote:The third mafia with Xd and Ether? After I have pushed heavily for both of their lynches (Xd for both D1, D2 and D3; Ether for D2)? That... makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Nyeh, I'm aware of the fact that you were on both cases; but the argument against Xd on D1 seemed slightly overhyped, and largely by you--it could be bussing. Then again, you wouldn't push his case now, when you likely need your hypothetical partner for endgame purposes...

unvote

To be fair you're misrepresenting the argument for the multiple scumgroups though--it is not fact that since Ether flipped a particular brand of scum, it must be 2:2; but it is fact that there have been two NKs for the last two nights. The "Red Mafia" thing only implies that it is more likely 2:2 than 3:1, not that it is conclusively 2:2. My vote on you was a compromise between the two scenarios, since if it's 3:1, I considered you more likely to be Ether and Xd's partner than Patrick based on the faux D1 case on Xd; and if it's 2:2, Xd's the obvious choice for an Ether scumbuddy, therefore we must kill from the other scumgroup.

I'll need to review Patrick's stances on Days 1, 2 and 3 re: Ether and Xd again, since I forget what his opinions were...

Incog, since we've pretty much established that Yos' miller role was a red herring, why discount the possibility that Ether's "red mafia" role is a red herring as well?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Korts »

For reference I believe at least 2 of Patrick/GC/Xdaamno to be scum, leaning towards all of them. XD is obviously Ether's partner, I just need to determine the other two's alignment and decide on which scenario of 2:2 and 3:1 is more likely based on their interactions.
scumchat never die
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Incognito wrote:Thank you, Patrick, for bringing some sense into this thread. Much appreciated. Still not sure if you're scum though whereas GC is almost certainly scum.

Mod:
prod Xdaamno, please?
That prod was unnecessary.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: Got a little more time:

... because the last few times I posted were only a page ago.
Patrick wrote:Xdaamno needs to post something with actual substance. He's hanging back, and it doesn't take a genius to work out why.
This is annoying, and made me consider replacing out. Mafia sucks here because of the meta that you have to have no life to play it.

The mutual suspiscion on me in the last few posts is, objectively, from my point of view, scum-driven and has gone unnoticed because of a tired, bloodthirsty town.

*shrug*
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Green Crayons looks scummy to me. I have a feeling his pathetic insults at me are not because he is an angry person, but because he is trying to replace any suspiscion I have of him with an emotion.
Green Crayons wrote:Incog: In light of all of this, who would you like to see lynched today as of this moment?
Fairly scummy quote, but not representative of my feelings I think.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Patrick »

Xdaamno wrote:This is annoying, and made me consider replacing out. Mafia sucks here because of the meta that you have to have no life to play it.
No, that's bullshit. You're not being asked anything unreasonable, you've largely avoided posting substance all game. The most you post is when you come under heavy attack, and even then you seem to defend yourself more than you look for scum.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Patrick »

And to expand on that, a prod and request for content is quite reasonable when all your posts today up until your last have been fluff and not said anything about your suspicions. To say that you're being asked to have no life is an obvious exageration.
Xdaamno wrote:The mutual suspiscion on me in the last few posts is, objectively, from my point of view, scum-driven and has gone unnoticed because of a tired, bloodthirsty town.
It pretty much has to be, since everyone in the game except you has expressed suspicion of you.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Patrick wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:This is annoying, and made me consider replacing out. Mafia sucks here because of the meta that you have to have no life to play it.
No, that's bullshit. You're not being asked anything unreasonable, you've largely avoided posting substance all game. The most you post is when you come under heavy attack, and even then you seem to defend yourself more than you look for scum.
pffffft
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Patrick wrote:And to expand on that, a prod and request for content is quite reasonable when all your posts today up until your last have been fluff and not said anything about your suspicions. To say that you're being asked to have no life is an obvious exageration.
Xdaamno wrote:The mutual suspiscion on me in the last few posts is, objectively, from my point of view, scum-driven and has gone unnoticed because of a tired, bloodthirsty town.
It pretty much has to be, since everyone in the game except you has expressed suspicion of you.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the 'xdaamno is obvscum, here's our plan to deal with him' position that only a couple of people have expressed.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Also:
Xdaamno wrote:
Patrick wrote:And to expand on that, a prod and request for content is quite reasonable when
all your posts today up until your last have been fluff and not said anything about your suspicions
. To say that you're being asked to have no life is
an obvious exageration
Fail.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Patrick »

The 3 posts you've made this game day but before this real life day don't say anything about your suspicions. Quoting me and saying fail doesn't change that fact.

How many scum do we have left in the game?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 888, Korts wrote:Incog, since we've pretty much established that Yos' miller role was a red herring, why discount the possibility that Ether's "red mafia" role is a red herring as well?
Yeah, I did consider this. The issue I have with this hypothesis is it doesn't explain why
Ether
submitted the kill during Night 1. If I consider the possible scenarios for possible three-person scum teams (excluding you and charter in each of the groups), I get the following: Ether/Xdaamno/Patrick, Ether/Xdaamno/GC, Ether/Patrick/GC.

In each case, there's at least one person who was under the radar enough or considered town enough during Day 1 to have submitted the kill without fear of being tracked or roleblocked during Night 1. So why would one of the possible scum teams mentioned above still allow their Mafia Roleblocker to submit the kill? It doesn't really make much sense unless we're dealing with a set-up that has only two scum in it and maybe an SK. In that case though, I'd somewhat expect an SK to be prepping for some kind of vig claim or something of the sort but the kills during Night 1 and Night 2 and our mass-claim today don't really lend much support to that idea either unless the SK decided to claim Vanilla (not unlikely but still).

So yeah, these are the main reasons I think we're dealing with a two scum team set-up instead of the "Red" in "Red Mafia" being thrown in as a red herring.
Post 890, Xdaamno wrote:
Incognito wrote:Thank you, Patrick, for bringing some sense into this thread. Much appreciated. Still not sure if you're scum though whereas GC is almost certainly scum.

Mod:
prod Xdaamno, please?
That prod was unnecessary.
You were gone for three days without leaving any indication that you were on V/LA. It's a perfectly necessary prod to make.
Post 891, Xdaamno wrote: Mafia sucks here because of the meta that you have to have no life to play it.
Ha. I have quite a busy life, and I still make time to post at least once a day. What's your excuse?

I, too, would like to know where your suspicions lie, what your thoughts are about the set-up, and what your thoughts are about everything that's been discussed the past few pages.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”