Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I extend this question to everyone in this game.

Would you vote or would not vote someone that a)asks for your lynch for no reason at all (and push it hard for weak reasons) and b)asks you to vote him.

What would you have done if you were me?
Probably, yes, both as scum and town. I don't think your vote on him is scummy at all, nor is it protown or antitown. But remember the deadline.
Do I need to tell what's wrong here?
Yes please, mister.
populartajo wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Don't listen to the scumbag! Lynch him before deadline!
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
QFT lol. ABR once did the same thing against me in a game. He even claimed cop with a guilty on me while he wasn't even a cop just to get me lynched. It was so frustrating.
Albert explained his vote.
I know, I didn't hit preview yet.
How can tajo-scum be more useful than hp-town?
Have you seen anything useful from hp? Scum try to look town, remember. I am neutral on tajo now btw, leaning a bit more to scum than to town. hp is both scummy and antitown.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Lawrencelot wrote:QFT lol. ABR once did the same thing against me in a game. He even claimed cop with a guilty on me while he wasn't even a cop just to get me lynched. It was so frustrating.
Yeah...and you were scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #10 of Day 1

hp [leaves] (2) <-~ Nuwen, Lawrencelot
AceMarksman (1) <-~ springlullaby
Lawrencelot (2) <-~ Claus, AceMarksman
populartajo (2) <-~ Albert B. Rampage, hp [leaves]
Albert B. Rampage (1) <-~ populartajo

Not voting (1) <-~ ekiM

With 9 alive, 5 will do it.

Deadline (3 days) wrote:
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 9:47 am

Post by populartajo »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:That's such a stupid question. You're just voting who you think is the biggest threat to you in the game, scumtajo.
No, you asked to vote me. You are a threat because you are asking for my lynch for stupid reasons which include that q21 is not someone scum would veto and a weak case on him that you cant 100% explain.

You dont even have an opinion on others. Or at least I havent heard of them. Share please?

Assume for a second Im town. What the fuck would you do if you were me and you had someone asking for your lynch for retarded reasons? Share your reasoning. Would things have changed if I hadnt voted you? Yes, you probably would have come up with shit like omg, look he is scum scared of voting me.

If you are town, ABR, stop. Reread the thread, think about it and then come up with a better case.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Claus »

You also need to stop and cool off Tajo. Your rage is not helping you or the town.

By the way, sorry all for the delay - I'll try a re-read now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by Claus »

Did a quick re-read. (Not as much time as I had wished).

Ace does not strikes me as too scummy. He has posted his opinion on different players, and making connections. His play is far from perfect, but so far better than that of [HP] or Law.

Q21 got into an angry debate with nuwen/spring, but I don't see his posts as scummy. I have re-read Tajo, and I REALLY don't see what is wrong about him. I would like someone to explain it to me in very simple words so I can understand. That would probably take a lot of time, so maybe we can do it on D2.

Leaves: - His vote on post 8 is terrible. He puts a bandwagoning vote based on a very old post, partially misrepresenting it, and ignoring a lot of recent info. And calls it "nothing major". 11 is scummy, and show a carelessness that disturbs me.

==

Due to deadline, people not seeing Law as scummy as I see him, scummy lurkiness, and a general opposition to a Tajo lynch, I'll

unvote: Vote hp-leaves

But I urge you all to consider that my birthday is exactly one month from today, and it would be a great birthday present to have Law lynched today. Thanks.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:23 am

Post by ekiM »

Tajo wrote:Mike the answer of my vote relies on this question.
Tajo wrote:I extend this question to everyone in this game.

Would you vote or would not vote someone that a)asks for your lynch for no reason at all (and push it hard for weak reasons) and b)asks you to vote him.

What would you have done if you were me?
I would defend myself as best as I could, avoiding getting sucked into a pissing match. If I thought the guy was scum, I would vote him. If I didn't, I would keep scumhunting elsewhere.

If I'm reading you right, you're implying that the reason you are voting for Albert is because he is voting for you, not because you think he is scummy per se, or because you have a case on him (apart from him voting you). That's not a very townie way of thinking, in my opinion.
Tajo wrote:No, you asked to vote me. You are a threat because you are asking for my lynch for stupid reasons which include that q21 is not someone scum would veto and a weak case on him that you cant 100% explain.
Again, I don't think you should be voting based on who you perceive to be a threat to yourself.
Tajo wrote:If you are town, ABR, stop. Reread the thread, think about it and then come up with a better case.
If you are town, I would ask you to do the same.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:36 am

Post by ekiM »

Conclusions: Albert is coming across very townie in the last few pages. Tajo's responses have been pretty poor, but I could see them coming from either scum or frustrated town. I don't think there's enough time before deadline to make a good call on this one. Tajo could you link a couple of games where you have been scum?

I'm not sure how much I'll be on over the next couple of days, so I'm parking my vote on hp to make sure it's there for deadline. He's been looking scummy to me all game, and at this point he'd have to pull a dissertation out of his ass and post it to convince me that he'd be a bad lynch today. This does put him at L-1, so no hasty hammers please. We may as well use the time we have left.

Vote: hp [leaves]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:39 am

I don't think hp leaves is a good idea guys.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:40 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Claus wrote:He puts a bandwagoning vote based on a very old post, partially misrepresenting it, and ignoring a lot of recent info.
If I was bandwagoning, I would put either Ace or law into L-1. Populartajo wagon wasn't even big enough to jump on. Also pop's current aggressiveness strike me as scum paranoia so I'll be keeping my vote (unless ABR will be lynched)
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 4:02 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

ekiM wrote:Tajo could you link a couple of games where you have been scum?
I found one
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10156
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Claus »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't think hp leaves is a good idea guys.
Do you want to join me on a Law wagon instead then? I'm not too hot on a Tajo lynch, but I'm open to other ideas.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:02 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Lawrencelot wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Law wrote:And populartajo doens't give me scum vibes at all.
Law wrote:Right now q21 is pretty high up my scumlist, populartajo is acting a bit less scummy though so my suspicion could become less.
Law wrote:Vote: Populartajo
What changed?
All your posts between these latest two quotes.
Lawrencelot wrote:populartajo is infinitely more useful to the town than hp, even if he was scum.
Unvote: populartajo; Vote: hp; FOS: ABR

Worse lynches:
populartajo, no lynch?
Flip flop much?
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:03 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Lawrencelot wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Law wrote:And populartajo doens't give me scum vibes at all.
Law wrote:Right now q21 is pretty high up my scumlist, populartajo is acting a bit less scummy though so my suspicion could become less.
Law wrote:Vote: Populartajo
What changed?
All your posts between these latest two quotes.
Lawrencelot wrote:populartajo is infinitely more useful to the town than hp, even if he was scum.
Unvote: populartajo; Vote: hp; FOS: ABR

Worse lynches:
populartajo, no lynch?
Flip flop much?
FoS Law
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Nuwen »

Hey guys, sorry for the bit of inactivity. I sliced the webbing between my thumb and forefinger open and needed to get stitches before doing any serious typing.
springlullaby wrote: I think your vote here is terribly weak, it is a policy lynch, and policy lynch are lame, always because there are never better than 1/2 odds. You are also calling policy lynch on a person whose contribution I haven't found very scummy so far.
My vote on HP skims the outlines of a policy vote - I'm equating his extended period of absence with active lurking because a responsible town player would have requested a long-term replacement or hydra partner to compensate for the lost contribution. There's no town motivation behind abandoning a game in a replaceable situation, but there's plenty of scum motivation to hide behind a real V/LA (especially on day 1, where town on town cases will be flimsy and mercurial) for more than 2/3s of the day.

Why does everyone have the FOS disease? Vote, vote, vote. Bandwagoning is a pro-town gesture on day 1. Voting patterns are a wonderful dataset to examine later in the game. Your FOSes are worthless if they're taking the place of a vote.

ABR, you know very well that half of playing a good town game is transposing gut reads into cases everyone else can understand. Sorry, but I'm nowhere near comfortable with your intuition to lynch off of somatic reads alone. Keep doing what you do and try to compile the nuances you're seeing. That said, I'm getting a town read off of ABR's intuition lunges at Tajo - there's no reason for scum to pursue an uphill lynch on gut alone when a perfectly good semi-policy lynch is available via HP.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by springlullaby »

populartajo wrote: I wonder if spring would vote or would not vote someone that a)ask for her lynch for no reason at all (and push it hard for weak reasons) and b)ask her to vote that person.
a)This is a misrepresentation, ABR gave reasons, to which you failed to respond intelligently and in an articulate and correct manner. I will expound on this momentarily.

b)Whether someone ask you to vote them is relevant only insofar whether the request is scummy. I find that what ABR has said is un-scummy. I will add here that the post in which says 'vote me' is a follow up to a particularly inane post by you in which you threaten him with your vote. Tell me, what kind of answer did you expect exactly? From scumABR? From townABR? From anyone actually? Are you surprised at all? And then tell me, what exactly is scummy in ABR telling you to vote him in these circumstances?

To answer your question, in your place I would have:
a) If I thought that he was misguided town: defended against ABR by demonstrating the flaws in his case, and looked elsewhere for scum.
b) If I thought that he was scum: demonstrated why I think he was scum and pushed for his lynch.
The kid thought I wouldnt vote him. Guess he was wrong. I dont think he is obv scum but if he doesnt start making sense then Im so going to push for his death.
This is extremely scummy. If you don't think someone is scum, you don't vote them barring extreme situations (deadline, deadlock etc). Period.
Possible explanations I see to what you are saying are as follow:
- You are scum caught off guard by ABR and are now struggling to find an explanation for your beyond weak vote, and are trying for the 'headstrong town' gimmick.
- You are presumptuous town who think that telling people how they should play and pressuring them to do so is more important than identifying town from scum.

Were you the later, you would have no sympathy from me and would have to work hard to regain any credibility with me. But right now I think that the former is much more likely because 1)the kind of presumptuousness I just described is generally a characteristic of poweroles, and we know that there are no blues in this game 2) my perception of your level of experience makes me think that you taking such a crappy position as town is unlikely.

In any case, you will
not
have a free pass to cast lukewarm, seemingly half policy, half ad-hominem motivated votes from me.
Now, impress me. Why do you think ABR is town?
Firstly, if it is your prerogative to ask for explanations, and my liberty to give them, I in no way have to 'impress' you. The implied subordination here is disagreeable to me and is possibly manipulative ('bully bias' wherein people tends to side with whomever talks bigger/is meaner); I'll ask you to watch it if you don't want things to turn nasty because I'm just enough of a jerk to respond to condescension in kind. The fact that I think you are scum right now will only make maliciousness all the more easy. I'm not asking for politeness, just the minimum of neutrality. You've been given fair warning.

Now, on why I think ABR isn't scum: town has a particular way of proposing wobbly logic that is exceptionally hard to imitate as scum. Here I could indeed put on an impressive paragraph on how imo the phenomenon is generally the by product of townie intuitions that aren't always easy to rationalize and a natural human tendency to laziness in doing so, but the bottom line on this is that any player with a modicum of experience known this. It is possible that scumABR is subtle enough to pull off this kind of townie stubbornness caricature, but not likely.

Plus, the logic he has proposed is not totally unfounded:
1) It is not a stretch to think that scum would have chosen to veto players whom are perceived as stronger/harder to lynch.
2) Out of the name he has proposed, I don't think his veto list is stretching though I have to say I haven't heard of q21 before.

The downside to this plan is that this kind of policy lynch is pretty much a coin flip affair, if it just happens that scum is in the 'probably not veto'd list', town would have very little to go on with. So I agree that this game should be played as a vanilla game. This is the most valable criticisms that could have been made against what ABR has proposed, and you failed short of highlighting it.

--------------------

Now, you have indeed
not impressed
me with the explanation of your vote and I think the position you have taken to justify it is undefendable, and therefore scummy.

You say that ABR's vote is weak (and while I happen to agree to an extent), this is extremely hypocritical because your vote happens to be beyond weak.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by populartajo »

mike wrote:I would defend myself as best as I could, avoiding getting sucked into a pissing match. If I thought the guy was scum, I would vote him. If I didn't, I would keep scumhunting elsewhere.
How can you defend of something like this?
ABR wrote:Unvote, vote q21.
I think q21 is scum.
ABR wrote:Vote Populartajo
Yeah, I think he's scum.
q21 and poptajo are playing like scum.
Just lynch poptajo he's the best candidate
Yep yep good posting. More votes on tajo before deadline plz.
Let's just kill tajo, I doubt he is the chosen one and I'll take responsibility if he is town.
Two main factors are in play for me to act the way I do:
1) I find tajo very scummy. I trust my intuition of tajo's play a lot.
2) I am almost certain that were he not scum, the mafia would not select q21 to be the chosen one.
This is why I think that Tajo is a very safe play.
Its difficult for me to explain why I think someone is scum because its very subtle and 99% of people won't see it no matter how I explain it.
Don't listen to the scumbag! Lynch him before deadline!
Also Im scumhunting elsewhere. I just dont want that ABR posts retarded stuff stating that I am scum. Would you let him post something that you are scum and even worse without a single fucking decent reason?
mike wrote:If I'm reading you right, you're implying that the reason you are voting for Albert is because he is voting for you, not because you think he is scummy per se, or because you have a case on him (apart from him voting you). That's not a very townie way of thinking, in my opinion.
You are right that I dont think he is obvscum. The reason Im voting him is his weak logic when attacking me. I dont think he is obvtown as some people have stated. Do you? Better question. If you were the guy that ABR would be attacking would you think he is town?
mike wrote:Again, I don't think you should be voting based on who you perceive to be a threat to yourself.
God, please. Should I let him keep throwing crap of his mouth?
mike wrote:If you are town, I would ask you to do the same.
I have. ABR hasnt. I prefer a Law lynch but hp is also a healthy d1 lynch.
Call me Tajo.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Nuwen wrote:I'm nowhere near comfortable with your intuition to lynch off of somatic reads alone.
That's not right. All I asked was for you to take a look at poptajo and draw your own conclusions.

2 days before deadline guys. My vote's staying on poptajo.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:19 pm

populartajo wrote:I have. ABR hasnt. I prefer a Law lynch but hp is also a healthy d1 lynch.
Look at this scumlord. He's trying to lynch ANYONE BUT HIM. This is scummy as hell, don't you see?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by springlullaby »

I think you guys are all giving Poptajo too much credits for his little emotional spaz. Remember that anger is the easiest of the emotions to fake as scum because it pisses scum off to be caught. You have to examine the facts, and fact is Poptajo's vote on ABR sucks beyond measure.

I'm rescinding what I said about Law, I have them at lynchable now because his 250 is too appeasing and middle of the road for my taste.

I too am thinking that the hp leaves lynch is a very weak lynch, maybe we can strive for something better.

Let's do a lynch pledging list, update it with whom you are willing to lynch:

* Nuwen
* Lawrencelot (1): spring
* Albert B. Rampage
* Claus
* AceMarksman (1): spring
* populartajo (1): spring
* springlullaby
* ekiM
* hp [leaves] (1): spring
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by populartajo »

spring wrote:a)This is a misrepresentation, ABR gave reasons, to which you failed to respond intelligently and in an articulate and correct manner. I will expound on this momentarily.
Can you point me to those reasons?
spring wrote:To answer your question, in your place I would have:
a) If I thought that he was misguided town: defended against ABR by demonstrating the flaws in his case, and looked elsewhere for scum.
b) If I thought that he was scum: demonstrated why I think he was scum and pushed for his lynch.
What about if I dont think he is obvscum or obvtown? What about if there is nothing to defend me of? What about if I did look elsewhere for scum?
spring wrote:This is extremely scummy. If you don't think someone is scum, you don't vote them barring extreme situations (deadline, deadlock etc). Period.
I can do anything I want with my vote. Thx very much.
spring wrote:It is possible that scumABR is subtle enough to pull off this kind of townie stubbornness caricature, but not likely.
This is my current situation. I dont think ABR is obvscum pushing a lynch following his intuition but I can see him as scum faking this. There is a reason why I have a vote on him and there is a reason why I am not pushing for his lynch. Ill let you analyse this.
spring wrote:Plus, the logic he has proposed is not totally unfounded:
1) It is not a stretch to think that scum would have chosen to veto players whom are perceived as stronger/harder to lynch.
2) Out of the name he has proposed, I don't think his veto list is stretching though I have to say I haven't heard of q21 before.
His logic is that scum knows already who are the players they should veto. You saying that you havent heard of q21 is going totally against his logic. Its not founded.
spring wrote:The downside to this plan is that this kind of policy lynch is pretty much a coin flip affair, if it just happens that scum is in the 'probably not veto'd list', town would have very little to go on with. So I agree that this game should be played as a vanilla game. This is the most valable criticisms that could have been made against what ABR has proposed, and you failed short of highlighting it.
I did.
tajo to ABR wrote:Why are you assuming that scum already know who are the strongest players to veto? Why do you assume that everyone here knows q21?
[quote="spring"You say that ABR's vote is weak (and while I happen to agree to an extent), this is extremely hypocritical because your vote happens to be beyond weak. [/quote]
How is a vote weak when Im voting someone that you are also admitting has weak reasons to vote me?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by populartajo »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
populartajo wrote:I have. ABR hasnt. I prefer a Law lynch but hp is also a healthy d1 lynch.
Look at this scumlord. He's trying to lynch ANYONE BUT HIM. This is scummy as hell, don't you see?
And this makes sense how?

You are saying that if I were town I would agree to be lynched?

Also, Law and hp are NOT ANYONE BUT HIM.

Try again.
Call me Tajo.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 pm

You're just going with everyone else's suspicions and voting whoever is easiest to lynch.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by populartajo »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You're just going with everyone else's suspicions and voting whoever is easiest to lynch.
ORLY?
You think Law and ho are town?
Call me Tajo.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:43 pm

I think hp leaves is a horrible, horrible day 1 lynch. Law is only slightly better. Its super dangerous to lynch these players though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”