Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Slicey »

Benmage wrote: 1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia/df? If so, why?
3. Would you consider vote for no-lynching today? Why or why not?
1. MoS, ABR, Kairyuu. Leaning town on Kison, Faraday and MacavityLock.
2. Flay, MBL (I'm sorry I haven't made my case yet, I've been busy, expect a case either tomorrow night or Wednesday), leaning scum on Mufasa.
3. No. I can't believe you would even ask this question.

UnFoS, FoS: Benmage
for asking that idiotic third question.

Question, does Benmage have a meta of using A LOT of ad hom?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Benmage wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Anyone who tries to speedlynch you is getting my vote. I'd rather have a claim first.
Chillax, this sounds like one scum protecting another scum (note, I don’t think either of you are scum) double note, odd your defense of flay was some 15 mins after his post.
Uhh, what? How am I at all defending Mr. Flay? I'm the one leading the charge to get him lynched! I'm just not bloodthirsty scum who wants to quicklynch him before he can claim. We'll lynch him after he claims, most likely, but not before.
Kairyuu wrote:SpyreX beat me to it.
I can kinda dig flay.
Personally would still love Mufasa.
This^^

Or Slicey. Or Benmage.
Kairyuu you big baby quit playing so personally. What have I done scummy?

With the Mufasa vote I re-examined his votes in ISO. He gets claimed as being a useless player-style and agrees with it…lol… I haven’t really seen much scum hunting or participation from him. Though I’ve agreed with some of his little one-liners, mainly his ideas on Isaac and his doubt of Spryex gentling….which I still share similar doubt.

Looking at JVW in ISO for ABR’s attack on him. I noticed jvw questions ABR’s sincerity in possible being Black or DF because of possible lies. ABR takes this quite personally. I really don’t see any glaring scumness from him…99% by ABR seemed like an extreme statement. Sure he complains for lack of time and has been less and less helpful… Much like Mufasa.

@Kison. You FoS Kairyuu, can you expand upon this. Do you still think there may be reasons to be suspicious of him?

I don’t really know what to do with the direction of the game so perhaps some additional information from all can give us leads.

1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia/df? If so, why?
3. Would you consider vote for no-lynching today? Why or why not?
FoS: Benmage
Don't like the questions, seems like a scum ploy to me. Definitely don't like how no lynch is thrown in so casually. We shouldn't even be thinking about something like that at this stage in the game.
Permanent V/LA.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Kison »

Benmage wrote:@Kison. You FoS Kairyuu, can you expand upon this. Do you still think there may be reasons to be suspicious of him?
What about my post is unclear? His attack against ABR was ridiculous, and I illustrated just one example of why. Obviously there are still reasons to be suspicious of him, but that does not mean he is necessarily a good candidate for lynching today. Note I placed my finger of suspicion on him prior to Isaac's cardflip - given he was indeed a/the serial killer, I think there are better prospects for today.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Adddendum.

I am tempted to join ABR in JVW under the caveat that if JVW is scum Benmage gets lynched so fast we're back on day 1.

Sounds good?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

@MoS Can you expand on how the questions are a scum ploy? I've been away for a few days, semi-active for nearly a week and little has happened. The game is becoming stagnant and i thought this would be a good way to rekindle discussion.

The questions where taken/edited from Charrat a player from Newbie Game 720 (post on page 3). He was town. They opened up a lot of discussion, opinions, and gave people who a generally lurking a reason to post.

I didn't really think twice about the no-lynch 3rd aspect as it was apart of the original questions. And why is no lynch such a cry fro scum? if we really are clueless today wouldn't it be better than a mislynch and the chance of two townies gone? Note, I am not for a no lynch as I'd actually probably be more for something like a policy-lynch... lynching a lurker or someone who is clearly not helpful.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:Adddendum.

I am tempted to join ABR in JVW under the caveat that if JVW is scum Benmage gets lynched so fast we're back on day 1.

Sounds good?
So your willing to lynch jvw, who may or may not turn out scum, and than try a speedlynch me. Yeah, your totally a gentled MC working for the town, and definitely not a 3rd party possibility faction (insert sarcasm here)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

SpyreX wrote:Adddendum.

Sounds good?
Its quite possible that benmage is also scum. I will join you tomorrow but I can't give my word that I will keep my vote on him the whole day.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Benmage wrote:@MoS Can you expand on how the questions are a scum ploy? I've been away for a few days, semi-active for nearly a week and little has happened. The game is becoming stagnant and i thought this would be a good way to rekindle discussion.

The questions where taken/edited from Charrat a player from Newbie Game 720 (post on page 3). He was town. They opened up a lot of discussion, opinions, and gave people who a generally lurking a reason to post.

I didn't really think twice about the no-lynch 3rd aspect as it was apart of the original questions. And why is no lynch such a cry fro scum? if we really are clueless today wouldn't it be better than a mislynch and the chance of two townies gone? Note, I am not for a no lynch as I'd actually probably be more for something like a policy-lynch... lynching a lurker or someone who is clearly not helpful.
Why would we no lynch or policy-lynch when it's so obvious that Flay is scum?
Permanent V/LA.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Benmage »

You swear Flay to be scum. ABR is 99% sure jvw is scum... others wanna see Mufasa hung, who should we follow?

Honestly looking back at Flay, other than his odd continual tangent about Jester possibility his posts are generally pretty good, comprehensive and aren't simply one-liners, he isn't high on my 'scum-radar' yet. (I'm also not suggesting that good posting/contributing clears you from the possibility of scum, I just think there are much better cases out there than Flay.)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:58 pm

The fact that you would even deign to suggest that we should base our lynches off who is making the "one-liner" posts shows that you either aren't really looking for scum or you don't know what you're talking about.
Permanent V/LA.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So your willing to lynch jvw, who may or may not turn out scum, and than try a speedlynch me. Yeah, your totally a gentled MC working for the town, and definitely not a 3rd party possibility faction (insert sarcasm here)
Did you not read all the words? There was a reason I specifically put "the caveat" JVW is scum there.
You swear Flay to be scum. ABR is 99% sure jvw is scum... others wanna see Mufasa hung, who should we follow?

Honestly looking back at Flay, other than his odd continual tangent about Jester possibility his posts are generally pretty good, comprehensive and aren't simply one-liners, he isn't high on my 'scum-radar' yet. (I'm also not suggesting that good posting/contributing clears you from the possibility of scum, I just think there are much better cases out there than Flay.)
The hell?

What is this "we" follow business?

I hate games where we get pants-on-head raceway drivers flying to the end of the scumbianopois 500. Mufasa is in the lead, but Ben is rounding the corner at record speeds!
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

Wait, either I'm confused or you are, or I'm misinterpreting what your saying. I said Flay doesn't make "one-liner" posts.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Benmage »

Exactly spryex...your willing to IF jvw turns out to be scum (which may happen) you want to lynch me no questions asked wambamthankyoumam.

i don't get your exasperated second part.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Glad you understand.

Unvote, Vote JVW
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Benmage wrote:Wait, either I'm confused or you are, or I'm misinterpreting what your saying. I said Flay doesn't make "one-liner" posts.
Right, and you used that as a reason not to be voting Flay, which is a direct implication that you think people who make "one-liner" posts are scummy.
Permanent V/LA.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I'm having to beg for your patience here while school kicks my ass, so this isn't much of a post. Anyway:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
julienvonwolfe wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
julienvonwolfe wrote:As for Slicey: I can understand this wagon, but at least he's actually doing something (or said that he would).
Can or can't understand the wagon?
Can. I didn't like the way he called for a vig kill. However, I like Mufasa less.

I haven't looked at the thread for the past few days - I'll make another post tonight or tomorrow after catching up.
This guy is so OBVIOUSLY SCUM. MBL, your "minion obeying his forsaken overlords" applies so perfectly to this guy's behavior. julienvonwolfe is scum people.
Can you elaborate a bit more? Who am I supposedly obeying? What is the evidence that I am obeying them? You confuse me.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Benmage wrote:Wait, either I'm confused or you are, or I'm misinterpreting what your saying. I said Flay doesn't make "one-liner" posts.
Right, and you used that as a reason not to be voting Flay, which is a direct implication that you think people who make "one-liner" posts are scummy.
Not entirely true, because I also said that good posts/contributing doesn't automatically make you town. But yes, I'd much rather see a "one-liner", non-contributor go.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:04 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

FOS: Faraday, OozingGolfball
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Faraday »

Okay so I'm back in the land of the living, kinda.

I'll read over what I've missed and post some thoughts later.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:40 am

Benmage wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Not entirely true, because I also said that good posts/contributing doesn't automatically make you town. But yes, I'd much rather see a "one-liner", non-contributor go.
Yes, I know you hedged your bets with that statement. That doesn't mean anything to me. The point is, you admit that you want to lynch non-contributors rather than searching for scum, and that's what I have a problem with.

Also, realized I forgot to make it red:
FoS: Benmage
Permanent V/LA.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Benmage »

I think your still missing what I am saying. It was in reference to suggesting 'no lynch'. First, I am not for a no lynch. What i am for, is if we are unable to decide a proper scum target rather than going for a 'no lynch' we should look at lurkers/oneliners/noncontributors and lynch them instead. Because lurkers/non-contributors can be just as detrimental to town success as scum(with the off chances/hopeful possiblity of nailing a scm). In noways am I suggesting to stop looking for scum. I am in a sense answering the third question of the questions I asked in regards to 'no lynching'.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ahh, but we've got plenty of targets so this bespeaks stalling.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:21 pm

SpyreX wrote:Ahh, but we've got plenty of targets so this bespeaks stalling.
this.

Why are we talking about no lynch and non-contributors when we have plenty of scummy suspects? Benmage is avoiding them a bit too much for my liking.
Permanent V/LA.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Benmage »

I agree, it was a minor that seems to of run on for too long. However it seems as if there are a handful of us posting. So I’m going to answer the questions I raised and hope more do so to spark further discussion.

1. For who I think could be town are Faraday, and Moratorium. Faraday from the getgo was against outing powerroles, his posts seem logical and thoughtful and his mentality throughout the game has mirrored a lot of feelings I have had. Moratorium has been even more on the ball, though I wish he was more active of late. He was a forerunner against Fabian, put pressure on Kairyuu and Issac and helped out Issac. ABR could be listed here too, but there have been a few sketchy things I’m not sure about. Though for now he can go under town for me (Note none of this is obvious concrete)
2. As far as scum possibilities. Kairyuu is my leading candidates. Kaiyruu motivating Issac and trying to have the two confirm each other through their roles seemed really sketchy. Since then he has seemed rather obstinate. His butler claim is weak. His stress against there being Black Ajah seemed to detract from the game. His scum hunting is nearly nonexistent. I’m trying to look at others in iso to get some more reads. Perhaps if others answer these questions it can give me some direction to refer back to.
3. No, I am not at this point in favor for a no lynch.

Some neutral people would include armlx and Seraphim. I was also getting a decent town feeling from Seraphim, unfortunately he has gone inactive. I wish armlx would post more I get a town vibe, but his active lurking causes me doubt.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ah yes, I meant to
vote Kairyuu
FoS Kaiyruu

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”