Newbie 773 - New Bieland GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by koriental »

ok. so here's my take on things. sorry for not posting earlier. but i figure there's many 24hr days to a day in new bieland. should we be posting more? i'll try to add some more things more regularly cuz it seems that it's only a few ppl posting and everyone else is hiding.

i think that all things being equal, (none of us actually knowing who mafia is) that dragonfly has been very active in sharing his thoughts. would mafia really be that vocal especially right after the other mafia died? maybe some clever reverse psychology kinda thing? i unno. i'm not convinced. i think his arguments have been good and sound, i was able to follow along really well with what he was saying.

for reckoner, i find it funny that between post 143 and post 145 you change gears so quickly. feeling guilty cuz cow called you out on post 142 maybe? it's ok. i dont like being reprimanded either, especially online.

for cow, remember that whole thing where i wanted someone to come defend you? well by your response i thot that ppl don't do that here in mafiascum, but reckoner supported you in post 145 and you yourself defended dragonfly in post 148, even though dragonfly's been a big thorn in your side this day. he did say after all "If this day does not end with a hasdgfas lynch, I will be disappointed. " in post 133. BUT i like what you said to defend him.

which leads me to the person you were responding to cow, TUBBY. i don't think dragonfly is deserving of a vote right now. in my opinion he hasn't shown scumminess. and like cow said, "disagreeing with someone is not enough to vote someone on its own"

BUT what's got me the most concerned is mufasa and baszie. mufasa added so much to the forum earlier. where has he gone? oddly quiet? or did he say he'd be away. maybe i missed that msg.

BUT BASZIE especially. so quiet??? what's up with that.

i'm concerned with ppl who talk too much, but even more concerned with those who hide in the darkness...
passion...it lies in all of us...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by Talitha »

VOTE COUNT

hasdgfas (1) - Dragonfly13,
Dragonfly13 (1) - tubby216

NOT voting: Baszie, koriental, xRECKONERx, Mufasa, hasdgfas

4 votes will lynch.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think koreintal is my strongest town read at the moment. Newbtown, but still town none the less. I can see the case on Tubby starting to build. I definitely dislike Dragonfly's pushiness now in retrospect.

I really wish Baszie and Mufasa would post so we could get some of their insight. I think Mufasa has a lot to make up for, since yesterday was a very scumday for him. And Baszie is just worrying me with the silence.

More to come.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

tubby216 wrote:well hello all

and i
bobo_the _monkey
cause bobo monkeys are funny and they fling poo
First vote is a random vote on who happens to be Mafia. However, he is quick to retract it for no real reason other than "competing bandwagons":
tubby216 wrote:I shut up cause i had other things to do.

but i will
unvote

vote Koriental

pressure and competing bandwagons are the way to win
I pressure him further on that last statement, and as a response I get:
tubby216 wrote:yup see mafia #88 and mini 703 in little italy fun read honest i promise
Anyone wanna go read those? Because I really don't. Anyway, when he finally becomes active again, he posts:
tubby216 wrote:sorry for my absence still dealing with stuff, hopefully life will resume soon

in the mean time

vote bobo

and ryan you look scummy as all getout right now

so thats my scum pair right there ryan and bobo
Then, as we all know, Ryan died. I don't think, when there was already a bit of scum showing through Ryan's play, that Tubby, as the last Mafia, would have voted out his only partner and then killed one of the only suspicious players. Though I still agree that I wish Tubby would show up to defend his vote for Dragonfly.
green shirt thursdays
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:50 am

Post by tubby216 »

i voted for dragonfly because he deserves it, read the thread.

so there is my defense,

and your case on me is rather good i have no defense lynch away.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I want to say that the fact that Ryan got to L-1 and
didn't get hammered by BoBo
is suspicious. Maybe BoBo just had no clue what he was doing, but it seems like Mafia could have swooped in for that kill. I'm going to try and read each player's posts individually and see what I can come up with. A perfect 1-2 finish game would be AWESOME.
green shirt thursdays
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:59 am

Post by hasdgfas »

tubby216 wrote:i voted for dragonfly because he deserves it, read the thread.

so there is my defense,

vote: tubby

You know better than this.

Explain your vote. The onus of proof is on you to convince us to vote for dragonfly. Don't just assume that we're going to come to the same conclusion reading the same thing. Make your case and convince us.

Plus, giving up is just anti-town
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 8:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Tubby - did you read my case? It wasn't good at all. In the end I said I don't think that you're mafia, I just wanted you to defend your vote against Dragonfly.
green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

My, my. I may have to change my vote after all. Cow, I apologize for not taking your defense for what it is. I felt so strongly about my case on you that I became arrogant and only drove toward what I thought at the time would have been a win. I did see a few minor flaws in my initial argument against you, but I wanted to see how you would react, so I pushed it as hard as I could, because you are an experienced player. I feel that experienced players react better to pressure, so I wanted to see what you would do under a lot of it.

First of all, I would like to defend myself against tubby's nonsense, no matter how stupid his accusations are.
tubby216 wrote:vote dragonfly13

not in love with his posts,

i believe cow to be quite townie in his play
You should almost never post who you think is town. That gives more targets for scum. The more town thinks someone is obvtown, the more likely scum will NK that person. It is sometimes helpful to have two or three or more people considered town during a day, but if it becomes a case where only one person is generally accepted to be town, that person WILL be killed if they are. (This is part of my suspicion on cow, simply because he did not die last night. More on this later.) Please elaborate on what you don't love about me... I hardly
EVER
get that reaction. ;)

I would like to also note that there are NOT three scum in this game. Consider a case where mufasa and bobo are scum. Mufasa is at L-1. Bobo does not hammer because bobo was the L-1 vote. I don't think someone like bobo would try to get their scummate killed, because bobo is a pretty new player and I think he would probably rather play it safe. This is just my take on it, and I mean no offense to either of you. For this reason, I am not very suspicious of Mufasa. In this situation, Mufasa is at L-1, and I unvote him to vote bobo. You will note that this is the first vote on confirmed scum, and I backed it up and convinced people to get in here and vote. You may as well confirm me as town. I am not claiming town, but I have no reason for anyone to believe otherwise except for my arrogant tunneling of cow.

I honestly believe my play D1 was very protown, considering the circumstances. You can call it WIFOM if you like, but I am personally quite happy to have led a lynch on scum D1.

I still do not know why I wasn't NKed last night, but I'll take it. Ryan seems to be a random pick by a newer player. I know now that both cow AND myself cannot be scum, and if I had chosen anyone to die last night, it would've been one of us. This strikes me as peculiar because cow is now placed in the same situation as I am, and is causing me to become less suspicious of him.
tubby216 wrote:i voted for dragonfly because he deserves it, read the thread.

so there is my defense,

Point out where I deserve it. You already know my opinion on my play D1. I think I played quite protown. Maybe I played TOO protown, in fact, because I don't want to be obvtown really, because I would like to find the other scum before I am NKed. If you are scum, tubby, then why not lynch me because I look town, and kill cow tonight because he is experienced? Not really understanding your reasoning here, and this kind of play goes against any kind of town strategy I've come across. You are not scumhunting, you are pointing fingers. Explain yourself.

Unvote

Vote: tubby216
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I doubt tubby is scum, simply because I've never seen scum get fed up and just say "Yeah, vote me, I don't care". Anytime it happens in a game I've been in, it's
always
frustrated town.
green shirt thursdays
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by tubby216 »

xRECKONERx wrote:I doubt tubby is scum, simply because I've never seen scum get fed up and just say "Yeah, vote me, I don't care". Anytime it happens in a game I've been in, it's
always
frustrated town.
its not frustration but pure laziness.

but ok since cow won't let me be me then i will bring a proper case as to why dragonfly scum should be lynched
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by tubby216 »

and btw dragon look at reckoner's bs case agianst me that is the proper way to bring a bs case i have no clue what you were trying do in your last post but its all kinds of fail. and i will point out why later
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

tubby216 wrote:its not frustration but pure laziness.
Laziness is antitown no matter which angle you look at it.

I look forward to actually having to defend myself from what I expect will not be another ridiculous case, tubby. My last post was pretty much all commentary.
tubby216 wrote:and btw dragon look at reckoner's bs case agianst me that is the proper way to bring a bs case
xRECKONERx wrote:I doubt tubby is scum
Where's reckoner's case against you? He hasn't voted for you. A proper bs case would be the one you brought against me, tubby. As you said, pure laziness. I did it when I brought up my case on cow, but I specifically stated I had examples to provide, I didn't just say reread the topic.
koriental wrote:BUT BASZIE especially. so quiet??? what's up with that.

i'm concerned with ppl who talk too much, but even more concerned with those who hide in the darkness...
I would also like to see some more posts from Baszie. Couldn't hurt to hear more from mufasa as well.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Tubby, it wasn't a case. Suspicion was being cast on you and I pointed out
why you're not scum
. Is that hard to understand? Did you even READ my case?
green shirt thursdays
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by koriental »

seems kinda dead in the forum. not much to analyze. i'm kinda confused about tubby's posts. like i don't get them.

i assume bs stands for bull sh**?

dragonfly's got some good points in post 158 about his towniness(is that a word?)

he was first to vote bobo, and pushed to have him sent out. he did get that extension for us. if he were scum, he would've wanted mufasa out or no lynching on day 1 right? seems like a pretty good play from a townperson. especially since bobo did end up being scum.

but i don't get the reasoning why cow is the same as you? can you explain that again please? like. for me, i see why i can lean towards you being town, but not cow.

and again i say, mufasa and baszie are looking pretty bad right now. i don't get what's happened to them. they can't both be mafia. mufasa looked pretty bad on day 1, and hasn't really talked since he was pushed to a corner. maybe bobo was trying to divide up some votes to save mufasa back in day 1? i unno.

but baszie really is NOT talking at all.
maybe a vote will wake him up.

i will
vote baszie

i'm willing to unvote, but you gotta start talking dude.
passion...it lies in all of us...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 5:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mod, holy shit, let's get some prods up in here.
green shirt thursdays
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:57 am

Post by tubby216 »

sorry been busy as shit lately

will try to post something real soon
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Talitha »

Baszie & Mufasa have been prodded.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Mufasa »

back so whats new?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Read for yourself.
green shirt thursdays
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Talitha »

VOTE COUNT

tubby216 (2) - hasdgfas Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13 (1) - tubby216
Baszie (1) - koriental

NOT voting: Baszie, xRECKONERx, Mufasa,

4 votes will lynch. Deadline is Saturday 6 June (5.18am scumtime)
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 11:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: Baszie
green shirt thursdays
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Vote Bazie
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mufasa.

You seriously can't be voting for Baszie without a case after you just popped back in without a re-read and said "So what's new?".

Do you have NOTHING to comment on from the last few pages since your absence?
green shirt thursdays
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 12:08 am

Post by tubby216 »

not only did you vote bazie, mufasa but you put him at l-1 with out reason?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”