fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by fallen angel »

So... you didn't read through at all? It's four pages, that's hardly impossible to do.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by CJMiller »

I didn't see the page counter until after I posted and changing my vote based on what happened would seem scummy.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by fallen angel »

Fair enough.
Unvote
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Datadanne »

I was writing a nice little vote count, then it dissappeared. :(
This will have to do for now.

(Person votes Person)

tar - yosa
user - angel
sotty7 - angel
mastin - angel
khamisa - user
ogml - caboose
yosa - angel
cjmiller - user

Angel is at LY-2
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Mastin »

Will get in a post as soon as able to.

Hi, this is Mastin, and the only reason I do not support a Fallen Angel lynch at this point is due to how we need more discussion for day two. (Also, FA claimed not cop--a claim already?)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Korejora wrote: His play seems town enough, but he appears to be changing his mind every post or other, which does not sit very well.
I'm a bit confused by this. Being willing to change your mind is a town tell, IMHO; town should try to be somewhat unpredictable. That being said, I don't think I have changed my mind about anything yet. I did a silly "touch your nose and say NOT SCUM" thing at the strart, because it seemed like it's be more fun then a random vote, and I was also hoping hte reactions to it would be more telling. Then based on the reaction and the mastin vote, I voted fallen angel. I actually haven't changed my mind about anything yet this game, as far as I know; could you clarify?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 2:39 am

Post by iamausername »

CJMiller wrote:I didn't see the page counter until after I posted and changing my vote based on what happened would seem scummy.
fallen angel wrote:Fair enough.
Unvote
What part of that is 'fair enough'? Changing one's vote based on what happened is like, fundamental basics of how to play the game. No one is going to say that CJ is scummy for
changing his vote based on what happened
. That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:12 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

FoS: Mastin
for stalling an FA lynch

Unvote, Vote: Fallen Angel
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:25 am

Post by CJMiller »

iamausername wrote:
CJMiller wrote:I didn't see the page counter until after I posted and changing my vote based on what happened would seem scummy.
fallen angel wrote:Fair enough.
Unvote
What part of that is 'fair enough'? Changing one's vote based on what happened is like, fundamental basics of how to play the game. No one is going to say that CJ is scummy for
changing his vote based on what happened
. That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.
I random voted, and it would most likely be seen as scummy if I changed my vote almost immediately.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:27 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

CJ, why is it that the only thing you're concerned with is not looking scummy?
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Korejora »

iamausername wrote:Has there been enough from CJ or Khamisa to form an opinion?
They essentially hadn't posted
at all
at that point, so I assumed they were getting around to it or being replaced.. and I feel like people are more responsive if you don't lump them in big groups and yell at them all at once. A list of only two people is much more personal.

Yos, there's just one specific thing that weirded me out: after Tarballs posted, you declared that he was right about your minigambit, then directly after that, FA posted essentially the opposite opinion, and then you immediately declared
he
was right. (Later down you just popped out another reason for voting seemingly out of nowhere after the fact, but I don't see anything especially wrong with that out of context.)
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 am

Post by CJMiller »

OhGodMyLife wrote:CJ, why is it that the only thing you're concerned with is not looking scummy?
Because I'm trying to last until the end of the game.

Also, I will claim now.

I am a
seer
. Each night, I can investigate someone to find out if they are a human or a werewolf. Basically, I'm a flavor cop. I win when the town outnumbers the mafia and werewolves combined.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:11 am

Post by iamausername »

CJMiller wrote:Also, I will claim now.

WHY

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

WHY
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Tarballs »

Yosarian2 wrote:Right. My theory was that scum would be all paranoid about responding to something like that, in any way, for fear it would look scummy; I know I would feel wierd about blatently yelling "NOT TOWN!" as scum, whereas as town I might be more likely to just play along and have fun. So once it got going, my plan was to vote the first person who completly ignored the whole thing, on the theory that that was the most likely way for scum to respond to it; I'd expect town would either play along with it, or attack it, but scum would try to ignore it completly. :D And you were the first to not mention it at all.

(I have no idea if that's anything like a reliable scumtell, but who cares, it's better then a random vote.)
Good answer. That sounds believable enough.
Mastin wrote:
Khamisa wrote:Random vote: iamausername
That isn't random.
That's based off of my fos earlier.
You fossed three people in the very first post of the game. It was obvious that at least someone was going to randomvote one of them. So that was an unfair trap in my opinion :D
Mastin wrote:I'm thinking about Fallen's play, and thinking of whether it matches the play as Fallen
Angel
(Angel, alias for cop? Get it? :P) in 763.
Seeing that Fallen Angel only registered about 2 months ago and has only completed two games, as far as I can see from his signature, I would expect there to still be some inconsistency in his playing between different games.

That being said, even though FA's behaviour has deserved some votes, I'm not too comfortable with the rapid speed of his wagon. Especially this:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
FoS: Mastin
for stalling an FA lynch

is really unnecessary. There are people whose opinions we haven't heard yet and there's absolutely no reason to end this day yet. Even if FA were to be lynched, and even if he did flip scum, there is still more information to be found today.
CJMiller wrote:I am a
seer
. Each night, I can investigate someone to find out if they are a human or a werewolf. Basically, I'm a flavor cop. I win when the town outnumbers the mafia and werewolves combined.
Oh for god's sake, what was the idea in that? If your claim really is true, do you still expect to be around tomorrow? That's contradicting your goal to make it to the end of the game in the worst possible way.

Seriously, I don't know what to think about this. In the best case scenario, you're lying. In worst case scenario, you just doomed the whole town.

Unvote, Vote: CJMiller
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:18 am

Post by CJMiller »

Why is it that I get yelled at no matter what I do?

(And it's not just Mafia either, it's in real life as well.)
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:51 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

CJ, claiming was dumb, thats why you're getting yelled at.

Tarballs, voting him for the claim is dumber by several orders of magnitude.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Tarballs »

Yeah, that's true. I was voting for you, then clicked Preview and saw CJ's claim. I guess I wasn't thinking too clearly and over-reacted. There's really no reason to vote for a seer claim at this point.

Unvote, Vote: OGML

CJ:
Why do you think it was a good idea to claim Seer?
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Korejora »

o\

it's too bad not to be true..
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Khamisa »

Mastin wrote:I have a post count of over three per day, despite long periods of not posting for days/weeks/months. So, uh, no, not a big chunk, in my opinion.
Lynch the person with the lack of devotion?

(On a side note, I had names which I find initially hard to abbreviate. Kham? Misa? Kha? You get the idea.)
I'm devoted. I may not post as much as you, but I still read and remark where need be. Post count means absolutely nothing to me.

And "Kham" would be acceptable ;)
mastin wrote:That isn't random.
That's based off of my fos earlier
If that were true, I wouldn't have put random vote.

Mastin, this "case" on me is very, VERY poorly reasoned.
Mastin wrote:Heck, on epicmafia, I've had typos determine the outcome of a game--
Typos in a cop report, for example.
Referencing MafiaScum to that abomination almost deserves a vote.

All in all, posting six posts in a row just really isn't acceptable, IMO, in just exhibits a certain level of narcissism.

CJ's claim was bad. At least we know who we're lynching tomorrrow if he's not dead.
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Sotty7 »

fallen angel Post 83 wrote:Take the alleged werewolf softclaim. How is that a claim at all? I mean in my day to day life, I encounter all kinds of people, and some of them make me worried about the world's future. That has nothing to do with this.
What exactly are you talking about here?
Caboose Post 90 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Seriously?

Giving newbie 763 a brief look over Fallen does seem to be handing Mastin completely differently. I think we could be on to something here.

I can't really put my finger on it, but something about this vote is giving me bad vibes.
Try.
OhGodMyLife Post 91 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Caboose

Gives his support to the fallen angel wagon by way of agreeing with a point made by Mastin, then turns around and calls bad vibes on Sotty7 for
voting for fallen angel
True. But it is possible to like a lynch but not like a certian vote on that wagon for one reason or another. Would be better if he but his worries into words rather than the old "bad vibes" fall back however.
Caboose Post 95 wrote:
OGML wrote:Gives his support to the fallen angel wagon by way of agreeing with a point made by Mastin, then turns around and calls bad vibes on
Sotty7 for voting for fallen angel.
Also, the bolded part isn't true. The vote on fallen angel didn't matter to me. The entrance onto the wagon did (ie - A vote on fallen angel wasn't what I was calling Sotty7 down on, it was the akward way she did it).
How was it awkward?
Wulfy Post 98 wrote:
fallen angel wrote:There has got to be more then enough information that you should be able to cast a random vote.

Unvote, Vote CJMiller
You've clearly never played with CJ. I'm not an expect on town vs scum CJ, but he's always that stupid. Can't hold it against him since he was town and stupid lynched by it.

Also, you are trying to deflect on CJ.
I endorse this post.
CJMiller Post 111 wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:CJ, why is it that the only thing you're concerned with is not looking scummy?

Also, I will claim now.

I am a
seer
OMG

Why do you think claiming in a game where there is no protective roles will help you last until endgame?
Tarballs Post 116 wrote:Yeah, that's true. I was voting for you, then clicked Preview and saw CJ's claim. I guess I wasn't thinking too clearly and over-reacted. There's really no reason to vote for a seer claim at this point.

Unvote, Vote: OGML

CJ:
Why do you think it was a good idea to claim Seer?
Err wow...

The cynical side of me can't help but think this quick 180 has a lot to do with Yosarian's post 105. The logical side of me understands the CJ frustration.

A lot.

Mod: Is there any chance we can have a clearer vote count?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

OhGodMyLife wrote:CJ, claiming was dumb, thats why you're getting yelled at.

Tarballs, voting him for the claim is dumber by several orders of magnitude.
(nods) I agree with OGML.

Unprovoked power role claim=bad
Voting a claimed power role on day 1=usually bad
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Korejora wrote: Yos, there's just one specific thing that weirded me out: after Tarballs posted, you declared that he was right about your minigambit, then directly after that, FA posted essentially the opposite opinion, and then you immediately declared
he
was right.
Well, tarballs is right that pro-town people usually don't need to declare themselves pro-town in the abstract case. In this case, though, especally in an early joking around way, it's completly harmless. Either playing along, or loudly refusing to play along, or attacking everyone who played along, are all rational pro-town responses to that; however, any one of those would kind of run counter to normal scum reactions, for different reasons.

(On a side note; in the last mafia meet last summer, Pooky actually caught me with this in a live face-to-face game; he said something like this, everyone else said "not scum!", and I hesitated for a second because I couldn't quickly think of how to respond. They lynched me for hesitating, and I was scum, haha.)
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 am

Post by CJMiller »

Tarballs: I was simply trying not to get lynched, something other players seem intent on doing every game.

Korejora: What?
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Korejora »

Happiness, rainbows, sunshine and flowers are what. Enough with the defeatism.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Wulfy »

...Check his meta...he's an idiot.
Korejora wrote:
iamausername wrote:Has there been enough from CJ or Khamisa to form an opinion?
They essentially hadn't posted
at all
at that point, so I assumed they were getting around to it or being replaced.. and I feel like people are more responsive if you don't lump them in big groups and yell at them all at once. A list of only two people is much more personal.

Yos, there's just one specific thing that weirded me out: after Tarballs posted, you declared that he was right about your minigambit, then directly after that, FA posted essentially the opposite opinion, and then you immediately declared
he
was right. (Later down you just popped out another reason for voting seemingly out of nowhere after the fact, but I don't see anything especially wrong with that out of context.)
Please give the points at which this happened to make it more like a case, and I will gladly support this.
CJMiller wrote:

Also, I will claim now.

I am a
seer
I would like you to know that I hate you.

Side note:
FoS Tarballs
Do not vote the "seer."

Yos: Hilarious story.
w:l:d
2:3:0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”