Mini 782 - And Then There Were None (Game Over)

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 6:08 am

Post by populartajo »

My three are: spring, Phoebus and a third Ill decide after a reread.

Vote Count

Phoebus 2 - Creativemind, Populartajo
springlullaby 2 - Alabaska J, Setael
Populartajo 1 - springlullaby
DizzyIzzy 1 - Phoebus
Setael 1 - Kabenon
insanepenguin02 1 - Budja
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Alabaska J »

still here-i had some computer problems that caught me off guard
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Setael »

I support a deadline extension, but I even more heartily support increased activity. If it takes a deadline to make that happen, I support the deadline.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Setael wrote: @spring: your play is very emotional and I'm guessing this post is going to make you angry. There is certainly a chance that I'm wrong and if that's the case please don't just blurt out your role name in anger. If you
are
a townie, you've already unnecessarily drawn scum attention. I certainly have no reason to think you might do other unnecessary things. More likely, though, you're not guest aligned.
What you wrote is full of shit.

1.I softclaimed because I figured that if the matter was discussed further, protown people who share a motive in not nameclaiming would only be put in a position to reveal themselves further, causing more damage to the town than putting an end quickly to the stupidity by one softclaim. I drew attention to it because people were too stupid to clue in.

2.If I'm ever put in claiming range I will claim. So if you don't want me to claim, why are you voting me? Or are you asking me to die quietly? In which case it would be quite the scummy request.

3. What is the point of noting that I'm being very emotional? Is it an accusation? If it is I will tell you to suck on it because despite being frustrated what I have written in this game is nonetheless perfectly valid and logical and protown, and the failure to the latter criterion's is the only ground on which you are fit to judge my play.

Setael, your read is genuinely shitty. For one, what are you voting me for exactly? I want your stance on DizzyIzzy and Populartajo.

I'm noting that Populartajo has not responded to my post.

My suspect are Poptajo, DizzyIzzy and AlabaskaJ.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by springlullaby »

I'm against deadline extension, people who do not participate need to learn the hard way. By not participating you are making a game suck, which is unfair to the players who do participate and also to the mod who put effort in creating it. For one I can tell that I'm banning half of this game from any game I may mod in the future.

If you go VLA, replace out and search for your own replacement.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Setael »

spring wrote:What you wrote is full of shit.

1.I softclaimed because I figured that if the matter was discussed further, protown people who share a motive in not nameclaiming would only be put in a position to reveal themselves further, causing more damage to the town than putting an end quickly to the stupidity by one softclaim. I drew attention to it because
people
were too stupid to clue in.
"People" (in bold) meaning who exactly? Just Dizzy? How is one person "people"? I know this is the reasoning you have given. However, the point stands that your soft claim was incredibly premature. I don't think a townie would soft claim to stop a name claim that was SO far from even gathering much support.
spring wrote:2.If I'm ever put in claiming range I will claim. So if you don't want me to claim, why are you voting me? Or are you asking me to die quietly? In which case it would be quite the scummy request.
You're twisting my words. Though I'm hardly putting you at -1, my point is that if I'm wrong and you're protown, you have proven yourself to be a player that would do rash things out of anger (such as soft claim for no reason) and I'm asking you to defend yourself rationally rather than get angry and yell out your role in frustration. Though I think it's more likely that your soft claim was calculated and you are scum, it is true that your play is often driven by anger and emotion, and I'm trying to do some damage control in case I'm wrong.
spring wrote:3. What is the point of noting that I'm being very emotional? Is it an accusation? If it is I will tell you to suck on it because despite being frustrated what I have written in this game is nonetheless perfectly valid and logical and protown, and the failure to the latter criterion's is the only ground on which you are fit to judge my play.
Based on my previous experience with you and your play in this game so far, I knew you would be angry and lash out at me. This is fine of course, but I didn't want you to claim when a) I could be wrong about your alignment and b) you could just have a fake claim you're dying to use and I don't want my suspicion of you to be your excuse.
spring wrote:Setael, your read is genuinely shitty. For one, what are you voting me for exactly?
Your soft claim, for reasons previously stated. You shouldn't need to ask me this when I was very clear in my first post.
spring wrote:I want your stance on DizzyIzzy and Populartajo.
They're both on my town list. I want your read on looker and alabaska.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

As you can see Setael replaced Malthusis.

Getting a replacement for Kabenon.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

populartajo wrote:
I ask deadline extension and I encourage everyone to support it until this has been clarified.
Deadline extended for a bit until replacements have been found/settle in.

Then we shall see based on activity.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Fritzler replaces kabenon.

Carry on!
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Budja »

I don't see why Setael would vote Spring simply for the claim, The soft claim seems plausible and explained Spring's opposition to Izzy. This feels like scum trying to remove a PR?
FoS Setael

I don't like IP, Alabaska and Setael feel a little scummy too.
I am very undecided on Looker.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Fritzler »

OK, I'm pretty sure sping is just obnoxious not scum

Vote Alabaska J
Surfs up dude.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 12:32 am

Post by springlullaby »

Setael wrote:

1.I softclaimed because I figured that if the matter was discussed further, protown people who share a motive in not nameclaiming would only be put in a position to reveal themselves further, causing more damage to the town than putting an end quickly to the stupidity by one softclaim. I drew attention to it because
people
"People" (in bold) meaning who exactly? Just Dizzy? How is one person "people"? I know this is the reasoning you have given. However, the point stands that your soft claim was incredibly premature. I don't think a townie would soft claim to stop a name claim that was SO far from even gathering much support.
Are you a stupid? What people? TOWN PEOPLE WHO HAVE A REASONS TO BE AGAINST NAMECLAIMING. Your view is warped and dumb, 1)there were several people unwilling to drop the subject, and pursuing the stupidity whereas all very reasonable reasons where given 2)it didn't matter if the idea would gain support in the end, the bottom line is that as long as the subject was discussed, it would force people who knew that nameclaiming was bad, namely in all likehood all town PR's, to reveal their hands further.
spring wrote:2.If I'm ever put in claiming range I will claim. So if you don't want me to claim, why are you voting me? Or are you asking me to die quietly? In which case it would be quite the scummy request.
You're twisting my words. Though I'm hardly putting you at -1, my point is that if I'm wrong and you're protown, you have proven yourself to be a player that would do rash things out of anger (such as soft claim for no reason) and I'm asking you to defend yourself rationally rather than get angry and yell out your role in frustration. Though I think it's more likely that your soft claim was calculated and you are scum, it is true that your play is often driven by anger and emotion, and I'm trying to do some damage control in case I'm wrong.
So your dumb excuse to vote me is that you are 'hardly putting me at L1'? What kind of stupid you are? Or are you scum? If you are town and think I'm scum your job is to lead me to a lynch. The position of your vote should hardly matter to you, so should whether I am claiming. Therein lie the contradiction: you don't want me to claim but you are voting me.

So tell me, in a perfect town perspective, what is the purpose of what you are saying exactly beside asking me to be lynched without claiming?
spring wrote:3. What is the point of noting that I'm being very emotional? Is it an accusation? If it is I will tell you to suck on it because despite being frustrated what I have written in this game is nonetheless perfectly valid and logical and protown, and the failure to the latter criterion's is the only ground on which you are fit to judge my play.
Based on my previous experience with you and your play in this game so far, I knew you would be angry and lash out at me. This is fine of course, but I didn't want you to claim when a) I could be wrong about your alignment and b) you could just have a fake claim you're dying to use and I don't want my suspicion of you to be your excuse.
a)I was kinda waiting on you on that one, the meta you have on me is town anger. If anything it should be a town weight in the balance from your POV. So what is the purpose of you mentionning it here beside trying to dismiss what I say as 'anger' and 'lashing out'? And as a personal message, when I see stupid I will call on it, and no amount of you playing victim will make the fact that your arguments are stupid go away, and no amount of ill humour on my part will make my arguments less true.

b)You are definitively way stupid or scum. What should a claim matter to you if you think I'm scum? Are you again trying to evade responsibility for pushing someone to a claim? Were you town, wouldn't you be glad if I claimed out of anger, since it would further you apparent predictions about what you think would be my scum MO?

As arguments, yours are dumb and of zero value. The only effect to what you are saying is as follow: "I want to vote for spring but I do not want to take responsibility if she claims".
spring wrote:Setael, your read is genuinely shitty. For one, what are you voting me for exactly?
Your soft claim, for reasons previously stated. You shouldn't need to ask me this when I was very clear in my first post.
Your excuse to vote me is lame and stupid and possibly scummy. You shouldn't need to pretend not understanding that it is what I implied in my asking you when I was very clear in my previous post.
Looker is dead town. Alabaska is possibly scummy for erratic play.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 am

Post by springlullaby »

EBWOP
Setael wrote:

people
Are you a stupid? What people? TOWN PEOPLE WHO HAVE A REASONS TO BE AGAINST NAMECLAIMING. Your view is warped and dumb, 1)there were several people unwilling to drop the subject and whom where pursuing the stupidity whereas all very reasonable reasons where given 2)it didn't matter if the idea would gain support in the end, the bottom line is that as long as the subject was discussed, it would force people who knew that nameclaiming was bad, namely in all likehood all town PR's, to reveal their hands further.
So your dumb excuse to vote me is that you are 'hardly putting me at L1'? What kind of stupid you are? Or are you scum? If you are town and think I'm scum your job is to lead me to a lynch. The position of your vote should hardly matter to you, so should whether I am claiming. Therein lie the contradiction: you don't want me to claim but you are voting me.

So tell me, in a perfect town perspective, what is the purpose of what you are saying exactly beside asking me to be lynched without claiming?
a)I was kinda waiting on you on that one, the meta you have on me is town anger. If anything it should be a town weight in the balance from your POV. So what is the purpose of you mentionning it here beside trying to dismiss what I say as 'anger' and 'lashing out'? And as a personal message, when I see stupid I will call on it, and no amount of you playing victim will make the fact that your arguments are stupid go away, and no amount of ill humour on my part will make my arguments less true.

b)You are definitively way stupid or scum. What should a claim matter to you if you think I'm scum? Are you again trying to evade responsibility for pushing someone to a claim? Were you town, wouldn't you be glad if I claimed out of anger, since it would further you apparent predictions about what you think would be my scum MO?

As arguments, yours are dumb and of zero value. The only effect to what you are saying is as follow: "I want to vote for spring but I do not want to take responsibility if she claims".
Your excuse to vote me is lame and stupid and possibly scummy. You shouldn't need to pretend not understanding that it is what I implied in my asking you when I was very clear in my previous post.
Looker is dead town. Alabaska is possibly scummy for erratic play.[/quote]
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 12:36 am

Post by springlullaby »

Fritzler wrote:OK, I'm pretty sure sping is just obnoxious not scum

Vote Alabaska J
I forbid you to call me obnoxious. My refusing to pander to people's stupidity doesn't make my argument less true.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Fritzler »

springlullaby wrote:
Fritzler wrote:OK, I'm pretty sure sping is just obnoxious not scum

Vote Alabaska J
I forbid you to call me obnoxious. My refusing to pander to people's stupidity doesn't make my argument less true.
Obnoxious wasn't the word I wanted to use either...
Surfs up dude.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 4:37 am

Post by populartajo »

Spring, basically my problem with you is the next one:

Im my mind, Izzy is most likely town for proposing an unortodox method as soon as page 1. If evaluated at first glance looks kinda bad, but what we as analyzers should be doing is to ponder if his suggestion fits more with this options:

a) scum blatantly tyring to rolefish in page 1.

b) town trying to give another idea (if not the optymal one) to win the game.

Im obv going for option (b). And Im obv really wary of people that considered option (a) before considering (b).

Basically, I did read your posts and Im obv not stupid. I just cant find a reason that makes me agree with your vote coming from a townie perspective.
Call me Tajo.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 5:10 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Mass claiming is an acceptable strategy in theme games, and especially in one in which the number of roles doesn't seem to fit the theme it can be useful as a strategy to find scum. I don't see why just suggesting that we consider the idea is enough to make someone scum.

Despite that, I don't think Spring is the lynch today. I have a hard time believing that someone trying to win as scum would be so arrogant, rude, obnoxious, tactless and just plain dislikable, since on a personal level, I'd love to be rid of Spring simply for the personality issues. I also think it'd benefit the game if Srping either left, or started to act like a civilized human being, since people are less likely to post in games in which people with that kinda attitude are posting a lot.

I hate top threes. I find them to be unhelpful and arbitrary. If I was pushewd, I'd say Alabaska J, Phoebus and Setael are probably my leading candidates at the moment, but that doesn't mean all that much because of the way the game has developed.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Fritzler »

CAN SOMEONE ELSE VOTE FOR ALABASKA J?
Surfs up dude.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Phoebus »

Fritzler!!! Woo!

My list contains Izzy at the top.
I have my vote on her.

Tajo calls it (her plan/idea) an unorthodox solution to a problem.
I call it breaking a game by trying to outguess the mod - which is insulting to the mod.
I like to give mods the benefit of the doubt and assume they have plugged loopholes, or those holes exist only to snare us with.
I refuse to begin with the assumption that a game can be broken on day 1.

For his continual stance about the "unorthodox", tajo gets second position on my scumlist.

There is no third person at this time. No other connections stand out right now.

If I *had* to tack on a name there as forced choice, it'd be springlullaby for a pissy attitude. Go read rule no. 1 and if you don't think is fun, why don't you replace out and find yourself a replacement?

Before "banning half the game", consider whether they'd even consider playing for a pissy mod... *shrug*

Since this is close to getting personal itself, I will not be saying anything more on the issue. I think my point is apparent. I doubt springlullaby really needs to press the issue further and make it even more personal.

*shrug*
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Setael »

Spring, your posts have made me realize that I was giving you far too much credit in thinking your soft claim was a clever scum gambit. To use words you are all too familiar with, I'm starting to think your soft claim was just dumb, stupid and lame. Therefore,
unvote

After a skim, I really don't like Phoebus. His reasoning for his suspicions are weak, and I get scum vibes from a lot of his posts, especially where he says he doesn't have anything to contribute when there's certainly a lot that could be discussed.

vote: Phoebus
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 11:02 am

Post by populartajo »

Fritzler wrote:CAN SOMEONE ELSE VOTE FOR ALABASKA J?
I would but his last two posts in the site are a sad face and a promisse to catch up. His other posts are for five days ago.

What do you think of Phoebus?
Call me Tajo.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

would love some reasons from fritz

spring is omgussy

still haven't reread this game yet if you are wondering just recent events.

sorry i'm really behind but finals are around the corner
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Budja »

Budja wrote: @Alabaska, why are you still voting spring now that you seem to believe her claim?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

vote: Spring
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 2:42 am

Post by springlullaby »

Setael wrote:Spring, your posts have made me realize that I was giving you far too much credit in thinking your soft claim was a clever scum gambit. To use words you are all too familiar with, I'm starting to think your soft claim was just dumb, stupid and lame. Therefore,
unvote

After a skim, I really don't like Phoebus. His reasoning for his suspicions are weak, and I get scum vibes from a lot of his posts, especially where he says he doesn't have anything to contribute when there's certainly a lot that could be discussed.

vote: Phoebus
Huh, contrarily to you I had actual arguments to deem your pathetic attempt at incriminating to be backed with nothing but dumb, stupid and lame arguments. NOT YOUR CASE.
Fritzler wrote:Obnoxious wasn't the word I wanted to use either...
Are those ellipsis meant to indicate something? If so, what?

DizzyIzzy wrote:Mass claiming is an acceptable strategy in theme games, and especially in one in which the number of roles doesn't seem to fit the theme it can be useful as a strategy to find scum. I don't see why just suggesting that we consider the idea is enough to make someone scum.
Mass claiming is not an acceptable strategy in this game as should be obvious to anyone who has half a brain considering that the mod has allowed PM quoting, and considering my softclaim. You suggesting it make it stupid town or scum trying to be misleading; your continued refusal to see logic behind my words is either hallelujah town stupidity and obtuseness or scum bad faith. I don't actually think anyone is that dumb so I think there is a good chance you are scum.
Despite that, I don't think Spring is the lynch today. I have a hard time believing that someone trying to win as scum would be so arrogant, rude, obnoxious, tactless and just plain dislikable, since on a personal level, I'd love to be rid of Spring simply for the personality issues. I also think it'd benefit the game if Srping either left, or started to act like a civilized human being, since people are less likely to post in games in which people with that kinda attitude are posting a lot.
I have personal conclusion about your personality judging by the above paragraph, but I will keep them to myself. Because I'm not actually that pointless as to make anything in a game personal. I will remind you that the only competence by which you are fit to address me is to determine whether I am scum. If you have problem with my play, there are only two correct and civil ways to deal with it: report to the mod and ask for arbitrage, which of course I will accept, or replace out yourself.

In meantime I will state here that at no time I have made animosity personal and also think that I stayed well within the limit of game allowed aggression.

DizzyIzzy, and others, if you do not wish to report to the mod, I expect you to drop this ridiculous line of discussion presently.
Phoebus wrote:If I *had* to tack on a name there as forced choice, it'd be springlullaby for a pissy attitude. Go read rule no. 1 and if you don't think is fun, why don't you replace out and find yourself a replacement?

Before "banning half the game", consider whether they'd even consider playing for a pissy mod... *shrug*

Since this is close to getting personal itself, I will not be saying anything more on the issue. I think my point is apparent. I doubt springlullaby really needs to press the issue further and make it even more personal.

*shrug*
Maybe you should read rule number 1 yourself. I will restate here that at no time I made things personal, that the only personal attacks this game have been directed at me, which I bore with great magnanimity I may add, and it is you amongst other who are making a ridiculous display of unwarranted self righteousness.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”