Patrick (0/3):
Xdaamno (0/3):

No Lynch (3/3): Charter, Xdaamno, Korts

Not voting (1/4):
Patrick

With 4 alive, it's 3 to lynch.
=======================

Nobody was lynched Day 5

It is now Night 5. Day 6 will commence in 72 hours time, on 9 June at 22:45 GMT+10.

Countdown To Day 6
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by vollkan »

Nobody died Night 5

It is now Day 6. Deadline will fall in 3 weeks time, on 28 June at 12:00 GMT+10.

IMPORTANT:

If there is another cycle of No Lynch and no night death (such that Day 7 arrives and nobody else has died), the game will end
Happily Ever After

Countdown To Night 6
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by charter »

Lame. Whoever the last scum is sucks. Still think it's Xdaamo.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Korts »

Ok, we should consider happily ever after vs. risking a lynch at 3:1. I'd rather play by my win condition and risk the worse odds today than go through another no lynch/no kill cycle; happily ever after feels like cheating, or at least not playing the game right.
scumchat never die
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Patrick »

Bleah. I'm not interested in happily ever after, I think we should be able to win this. I'll be annoyed if Korts is scum who wins because of some lucky secondary ability, but it seems like a slim risk to take, and Xdaamno's interactions with Ether still look alot worse. I'll hold my vote for now, but have a hard time imagining I won't be voting Xdaamno.

charter, do you want to lynch today?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I would heavily advocate a re-read of me as an individual, rather than just my interaction with Ether. Every player has that kind of passive relationship with a couple of players in a game like this, and it seems to me like I've gotten unlucky that she flipped scum. You're taking a weighty gamble by choosing me over a player who is more scummy by themselves such as Korts or Patrick,imo.

I'd usually be pushing for one or the other, but I'm really not sure at this point - I'd like to here what everyone thinks.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Korts »

Xdaamno wrote:I would heavily advocate a re-read of me as an individual, rather than just my interaction with Ether. Every player has that kind of passive relationship with a couple of players in a game like this, and it seems to me like I've gotten unlucky that she flipped scum. You're taking a weighty gamble by choosing me over a player who is more scummy by themselves such as Korts or Patrick,imo.

I'd usually be pushing for one or the other, but I'm really not sure at this point - I'd like to here what everyone thinks.
Okay, this post smells really desperate. Basically you try throwing dirt on the two players other than you who are not virtually confirmed--with four alive this seems just a last ditch attempt to cover all your bases. And especially the last comment of "I'd like to hear what everyone thinks" makes you look like you want to gauge which player would be the best target for a lynch other than you.

Also, speaking solely based on individual play and not interactions, your claim that both Patrick and I are scummier than you is preposterous. I can acknowledge that I haven't been on my best behaviour, but Patrick played a consistent game, and you've been consistently on the town's top lynch candidates.

vote: Xdaamno
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by charter »

Definately going to lynch today. This should be an easy game for us to win. No point in a tie.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I was getting pretty worried because it looked like I was going to be lynched, and I went over a lot of things that I could say at this point. Almost everything you say when trying to look town can be construed as 'trying to look town', especially at this point.

-_-
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by charter »

Well, I still think it's Xdaamo. Patrick, what are your thoughts, and why should we lynch Xdaamo?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Patrick »

charter wrote:Well, I still think it's Xdaamo. Patrick, what are your thoughts, and why should we lynch Xdaamo?
One of the reasons I suspect him is how he behaved around Ether. When Incognito attacked Ether at the start of day 2, Xdaamno looks like he tried to turn off the Ether wagon, but he did so in a way that never defends Ether directly or comments on her alignment directly. Instead he pushed the easy Yos wagon to rival it, and attacked Incognito for try to "delay" the Yoslynch. Later on when the tide started to turn against Ether and it looked like an Ether-lynch was likely, Xdaamno's suspicion on her seemed to rise sharply.
Xdaamno wrote:Yos: I have the same opinion on her as you do to someone you're not paying attention to - I don't get the wagon. I will take a look at what people find suspiscious now.
This was after Ether got to lynch-1. It doesn't make much sense that he wasn't paying attention to the wagon on Ether - he had expressed suspicion of Incognito for starting it, and suggested Incognito was trying to distract from a Yos-lynch. If he really felt that way, I'd have expected him to have evaluated the case against Ether as a top priority. A couple of days later he posted this:
Xdaamno wrote:Lots of linguistic cliches in her last few posts, such as this one. I think that's a very strong scum tell because townies are never complacent. So, yes, an Ether wagon looks very good to me.
Full post here. As I said at the time, this seems alot like manufactured suspicion. Ether's play was different here to her town-meta, but I don't think her writing style was out of the ordinary (linguistic cliches or not). Plus Xdaamno has played with Ether before so I think he's well aware of her writing style. On day 2 I think Ether's buddy would have been reluctant to bus her because roleblocker is a very useful role, especially if there might be another scum faction in the game, and his behaviour of pretty much ignoring/deflecting the Ether-wagon then suddenly becoming suspicious of her late on is exactly what I'd expect a scumbud to do.

Also, the other two possibilities both have role stuff going in their favour (charter's proven ability, Incognito watching Korts). Unless Xdaamno does or says something that changes my mind soon, I intend to vote him.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Ether wrote:Full post here. As I said at the time, this seems alot like manufactured suspicion. Ether's play was different here to her town-meta, but I don't think her writing style was out of the ordinary (linguistic cliches or not). Plus Xdaamno has played with Ether before so I think he's well aware of her writing style. On day 2 I think Ether's buddy would have been reluctant to bus her because roleblocker is a very useful role, especially if there might be another scum faction in the game, and his behaviour of pretty much ignoring/deflecting the Ether-wagon then suddenly becoming suspicious of her late on is exactly what I'd expect a scumbud to do.
If you think that was how Ether always talks, I know her far better than you do. It was different to her posts in this very game.

I didn't ignore or 'deflect' (whatever that means) the Ether wagon at all, imo. I just payed attention to it the least out of all the major wagons, and, like I said, I think I got unlucky in that she was the one who got lynched and flipped scum.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Can someone less stupid than me make a list of each player's roleclaims? Mine is townie. If all you guys have interesting roles, that makes me significantly less likely to be scum.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Patrick »

Xdaamno wrote:If you think that was how Ether always talks, I know her far better than you do. It was different to her posts in this very game.
I doubt very much that you know her better than I do. If you really think she was using linguistic cliches in such a way that was majorly scummy, please give me a few examples. I'm sceptical.
Xdaamno wrote:Can someone less stupid than me make a list of each player's roleclaims? Mine is townie. If all you guys have interesting roles, that makes me significantly less likely to be scum.
Me, you: Townie
charter: Masoniser
Korts: Bodyguard
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Patrick wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:If you think that was how Ether always talks, I know her far better than you do. It was different to her posts in this very game.
I doubt very much that you know her better than I do. If you really think she was using linguistic cliches in such a way that was majorly scummy, please give me a few examples. I'm sceptical.
Xdaamno wrote:Can someone less stupid than me make a list of each player's roleclaims? Mine is townie. If all you guys have interesting roles, that makes me significantly less likely to be scum.
Me, you: Townie
charter: Masoniser
Korts: Bodyguard
Yeah, I forgot you know her personally, I was just being dramatic. For examples though, aren't you looking for the one I gave you
in the post we're talking about
?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Patrick »

I'm not too fussed which posts of hers you use to give an example. I can see one or two in the post you quoted, if say "pfft" or "square 1" count as linguistic cliches, but that doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary. And it's hard to believe something like that could cause such a big jump in suspicion anyway.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Patrick wrote:I'm not too fussed which posts of hers you use to give an example. I can see one or two in the post you quoted, if say "pfft" or "square 1" count as linguistic cliches, but that doesn't seem anything out of the ordinary. And it's hard to believe something like that could cause such a big jump in suspicion anyway.
Xdaamno wrote:
Ether wrote:
Post 731, Korts wrote:
Ether wrote:Yo, Korts. Did you ever read that stuff you fell behind on?
No.
Your 705 reads to me like you were aware of the softclaim. When did you catch it? (And yes, I do think you should have been more concerned with OGML than with Charter.)
Post 733, Incognito wrote:Ether, I know what you're trying to do here. You're seriously trying to get me to reveal the secret behind the AIM logs that Patrick and I have on your typical play and that's
not
gonna happen.
I'm curious, but I'll live.

Farscape and Big Love (claims here and here, respectively) are the games that caused me to shift my attitude on claimed protective roles. Suspicious ones are good at getting themselves out of the way without my help. I really don't like his sneaking around OGML, though--see above--and am annoyed that he survived at all.

I needed Korts's answer first.

Pfft.

My blitz fell through when it came out that Skitzer was behind the slow start. This put me back on Square 1 without anything to show for it, and I didn't get back into the mood.
Post 745, Canary wrote:Followed shortly thereafter by, "I don't know what causes that reaction, though I'm pretty sure thick familiarity is a negative, if anything." Pretty funny. Thick familiarity is a negative when you're scum.
It's a negative anyway. My activity owned in 707
most of it
despite coming in having played with q21 once and Mizzy twice, and not knowing anyone very well. Patrick replaced in later, but even he lurked. Impatience and frustration fuel me to dominate a low-profile game--in contrast, I'm more likely to be stunted and even replaced when almost everyone's competent.
Lots of linguistic cliches in her last few posts, such as this one. I think that's a very strong scum tell because townies are never complacent. So, yes, an Ether wagon looks very good to me.
You missed "catch it", "I'll live", "shift my attitude", "suspiscious ones", "out of the way", "sneaking around", "my blitz", "behind the slow start", "anything to show", back into the mood", "it's a negative anyway", "owned", the small text in "most of it", "fuel me", "dominate", "low-profile", "in contrast", and "stunted".

Lots of little things, but they really add up. Yes, I see your point that it looks unlikely that I would attack Ether without saying anything beforehand like this, but I really can't believe you could possibly imagine town players saying that.

If you were being honest here, I think you would have made an effort to get what I was saying - I think it's unlikely you just didn't understand me, because it's pretty clear.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Patrick »

Xdaamno wrote:You missed "catch it", "I'll live", "shift my attitude", "suspiscious ones", "out of the way", "sneaking around", "my blitz", "behind the slow start", "anything to show", back into the mood", "it's a negative anyway", "owned", the small text in "most of it", "fuel me", "dominate", "low-profile", "in contrast", and "stunted".
Eh. I don't want to get into a lengthy debate about the english language, but only a few of these really strike me as linguistic cliches. "I'll live" probably jumps out the most, and a few of the others maybe, but most of this looks pretty normal to me. Based on some of the stuff you've highlighted here it seems like you could make a case for almost anything being a linguistic cliche.
Xdaamno wrote:Lots of little things, but they really add up. Yes, I see your point that it looks unlikely that I would attack Ether without saying anything beforehand like this, but I really can't believe you could possibly imagine town players saying that.
This last part looks especially disingenuous. You're the only person to have made any kind of an issue about this, so clearly it's not the blindingly obvious you're trying to make it out to be.
Xdaamno wrote:If you were being honest here, I think you would have made an effort to get what I was saying - I think it's unlikely you just didn't understand me, because it's pretty clear.
This sounds like an incredibly forced interpretation. My issue (which you seem to acknowledge as reasonable in your previous quote) is that your suspicion of her seemed to rise way beyond what I think would be natural. It's not that I don't understand what you're saying, I just don't believe it. I gave you a chance to point to what linguistic cliches from her were majorly scummy that might cause such a big increase in suspicion, and you haven't convinced me; I also get the feeling you're trying to spin this into an excuse to vote me in the near future.

Vote: Xdaamno
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

The last paragraph was investigative. I made a decision that if you attacked me, I wouldn't try to lynch you, but if you just defended yourself, I would.

I didn't expect you to
vote
. That pretty much confirms you as town, because scum want to wait before voting anyone. I'm not going to vote you back, on the off-chance that you'll unvote me and not lose this game.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Oh, that's two. You and Korts.

Vote: Korts
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:26 am

Post by charter »

Korts is town. That is a fact. Incog cleared him.

I'm ready to vote Xdaamo. Any last words?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Korts »

None from me.
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by charter »

Fuck it. Sorry if this is wrong.
vote Xdaamo
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by vollkan »

=======================
Day 6 End Votecount

charter (0/3):
Korts (1/3): Xdaamno
Patrick (0/3):
Xdaamno (3/3): Korts, Patrick, Charter

Not voting (0/4):

With 4 alive, it's 3 to lynch.
=======================

Xdaamno, Vanilla Townie,
Town
was lynched Day 6

It is now Night 6 and thanks to preparedness on the part of the scum, I can announce that:
Korts, Bodyguard,
Town
was killed Night 6

In turn,
Charter, Mason recruiter,
Town
was killed in endgame.

*drumroll*
Patrick, Godfather,
Red Mafia
goes on to win the game for the Red Mafia.

Congratulations to the Red Mafia for their victory, and thanks to everybody who played.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”