Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

End of Day Four

The note fluttered softly in the wind against the pole. Pressure was heavy and high, both from people and in the air.

The first waves of the northern wind seemed to come that night. Hearths were burning down to embers and smoke filled the night air.

As the dawn sun cam above the horizon, shouts and screams were heard from several locations.

Two bodies were found. One was carried by several people to the center square. One of the smarter villagers came over and looked him over. He looked so peaceful in sleep. Nothing seemed wrong with him. The villager placed his hand on the chin of the women, opening her mouth. A sudden queer sent escaped her mouth, and her tongue was black and swollen.

The villager took a step back, announcing, "She was poisoned.".

Kison
, Berany Sedai of the White Ajeh
, Town, poisoned before Daybreak of Day 5

The second women they brought to the center of the square was much more obviously killed. Large red strangulation marks surrounded her neck.

Faraday
, Mitsuden Sedai of the Grey Ajeh
, Town, strangled before Daybreak of Day 5

Both women were killed in the night. WOMEN! Who could kill a women? Much less two Aes Sedai?

But the man screaming in the gallows had little to say on that matter. He was brought to the stand, a rope around his neck, and the trap door sprung. His neck snapped, and he didn't struggle. Lucky him.

Coal Baid,
Gambler
, Survivor Gambler, lynched before Daybreak of Day 5.

As everyone began to relax two distinct explosions were heard from the town. Smoke filled the sky and everyone began to run toward them. As they approached, it was obvious what was going on. The stables were burning, many of the horses trapped inside. No one was leaving now.

The other burning building was the Silo, which included the majority of the harvest. Food went from being in surplus to being scarce. Everyone began looking around. There were less than a couple dozen people left in the town now, but as brother looked at brother, everyone knew that by the end of winter that number would lessen.

The Silo and the Stables may no longer be chosen as targets for Twilight Locations.

Two notices were placed on opposite poles in the center square.
There were four people sleeping in the Barn last night. None of those people do not have the best interests of the town at heart.
There were three people sleeping in the Barn last night. One of those people do not have the best interests of the town at heart.
Beginning of Day 5

Last edited by Kinetic on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Kinetic »

Most of the townsfolk had picked up and left before all of this began. Now there are so few of us left that I fear that when spring comes there won't be enough of us to plant the fields.

The pantries are full to bursting after the last harvest, so we don't need to worry about starvation here, but how long will that last?

- From the Journal of Jardor Calol

Please note the scene above. It has important game implications. (I mean the locations).

The Thirty-First Vote Count

Vote Count
  1. (0) thesilentspeaker -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Knight of Cydonia -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (0) Kairyuu -
  7. (0) Yosarian2 -
  8. (0) Albert B. Rampage -
  9. (0) armlx -
  10. (0) Mastermind of Sin -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (0) SpyreX -
  14. (0) Seteal -
  15. (0) Sajin -
  16. (0) MrBuddyLee -
Votes Required to Lynch:

Not Voting (16): thesilentspeaker, MacavityLock, Knights of Cydonia, julienvonwolfe, Benmage, Kairyuu, Yosarian2, Albert B. Rampage, armlx, Mastermind of Sin, Goatrevolt, Moratorium, SpyreX, Seteal, Sajin, MBL

FoS Count
  1. (0) thesilentspeaker -
  2. (0) MacavityLock -
  3. (0) Kinght of Cydonia -
  4. (0) julienvonwolfe -
  5. (0) Benmage -
  6. (0) Kairyuu -
  7. (0) Tosarian2 -
  8. (0) Albert B. Rampage -
  9. (0) armlx -
  10. (0) Mastermind of Sin -
  11. (0) Goatrevolt -
  12. (0) Moratorium -
  13. (0) SpyreX -
  14. (0) Seteal -
  15. (0) Sajin -
  16. (0) MrBuddyLee -
Not FoSing (16): thesilentspeaker, MacavityLock, Knights of Cydonia, julienvonwolfe, Benmage, Kairyuu, Yosarian2, Albert B. Rampage, armlx, Mastermind of Sin, Goatrevolt, Moratorium, SpyreX, Seteal, Sajin, MBL

Current Deadline:
June 21, 2009 at ~11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)
First Mod Deadline Review:
June 14, 2009 at ~11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)
Last edited by Kinetic on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Faraday »

Bah
stards, go town!
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Well shit, I didn't expect both of them to be Aes Sedai...things are starting to make a little more sense, though.
Permanent V/LA.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Setael »

The fact that both of those notes can't be true is really throwing me off...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Double note is weird...
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:37 am

Post by MacavityLock »

As we know nothing about the source, the notes are and have always been distractions.

Sleeping locations please. I Blacksmithed it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Benmage »

We haven't mislynched, and I still feel like were losing...two deaths. What do you guys think caused the extra deaths?

Are we going to name sleeping locations again?

Vote ABR
has seemed more and more scummy over the last few days. No way a 'confirmed' AS D1 lived this long.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Moratorium »

Slept at River.

Double note might be interesting depending on how many people claim to have slept at the Barn, but it is starting to feel to be a useless mechanic to me, where either it is scum driven and is misleading us, or town driven (or mod driven) and not really helping anyone understand anything (since scum can lie about where they slept).
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Benmage »

Right well i slept windmill and forgot this games style.

Vote ABR
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Huh... I'll have to assume that there is no mod error and both notes reference the barn.

Which means they're worthless. :(

Blacksmith up in (random).
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Moratorium »

I don't understand how a player who claimed Red Ajah on Day 1 is still alive on Day 5.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

Probably because of statements like that one.

ABR, by now, would have drawn an investigation and it would have came out if he was guitly.

Instead, why would you kill a PR that is a constant source of suspicion?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:Probably because of statements like that one.

ABR, by now, would have drawn an investigation and it would have came out if he was guitly.

Instead, why would you kill a PR that is a constant source of suspicion?
Here's why:

People weren't jumping to conclusions that Shadow Knight was confirmed AS, and yet he died the day he claimed.

ABR has received a lot of 'confirmed' town by other people. Generally scum kill those the town believe confirmed town, if they are town.

Roleblocker is very often a scum PR.

When appeared caught he gives a :( .

*****Do you remember how hard we had to pull tooth and nail to get it out of ABR that he did not detect was Fabian detected. SK came right out and oppossed Fabians claim. ABR purposely ignored this. Why? To get a real AS to claim, to give the scum a kill target, i.e. exactly what happened to SK. Finally after SK comes forward ABR confirms...yeah, scum!
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Moratorium »

SpyreX wrote: Instead, why would you kill a PR that is a
constant source of suspicion
?
Is this the case? ABR has had no votes on him since Day 1.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Setael »

I slept at the river.

Based on the fact that there was no note the night everyone was blocked, it's likely the notes are a result of someone's role. Maybe one is true and one isn't... I don't know. It's not a good call to just totally ignore them though, especially since yesterday's appears to have been accurate. They'd be helpful if people claimed before twilight, but I don't know if knowing locations would help scum. I don't see how, but who knows.

The argument that someone should be lynched because they're still alive is silly. There are surely doc-type roles in this game.

I think it's highly likely that there are separate scum factions in this game. MoS, for example, looks incredibly town due to his role on all the scum wagons. For all we know, though, he is scum that didn't know any of those players were scum due to them being different factions. I don't know this - it's just something to keep in mind.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:51 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Vote: Benmage.
It's time.

First off, he replaced Cyberbob, who I definitely found scummy in his short time with us.

He's been talking about darkfriends and the "darkfriend team" a bunch.
Benmage wrote:The global roleblock should block any NK from the darkfriends so we won't be losing back to back townies if we vote wrong.
Benmage wrote:He wasn’t AS he was Forsaken. He may have acted rashly without confirming with fellow AS. The darkfriend team may not know all their members.
While on day 1 it was a reasonable assumption that the mafia would be a darkfriend team, Fabian flipped "Survivor Mafia". Something seems off about the way Benmage is discussing Fabian's death after the fact.

His initial vote on day 2 was on SpyreX.
Benmage wrote:Let's vote the MC now.
Vote Spryex, FoS Spryex
Seems to me like a blatant attempt to waste the day. Note also that he's the only one going so far as to consider this:
Benmage wrote:My only reconsideration is in the mini the dark friend team gained an extra gift with the death of the MC. (Pretty sure that is how I read it. My memory is failing me now… If someone from the mini wants to give further insight feel free).
Bespeaks a player viewing things from a scum perspective as opposed to town.

Why didn't he go after Spyrex on Days 3 and 4? Day 3 would have been just as good of a time to do it, as we had just gotten rid of an SK. Now on Day 4, he's aiming at ABR, which in my opinion classifies as an "easy wagon".

Benmage has been insisting for the entire game that there are Black Ajah AS.
Benmage wrote:However I have had and have an underlying eerie feeling that in a game of this magnitude the odds of Black AS are high.
Feels like someone trying to score "told you so" points when a Black Ajah buddy flips. This is a guy who apparantly likes "told you so" points.
Benmage wrote:who was it who thought twilight and thus night kills wouldn't of been blocked by KoC...i guess...i told ya so :wink:
Trys to end the day without all necessary info coming out:
Benmage wrote:I still don’t see the point of waiting for replacements. Than we have to wait for them to declare where they stayed and catch up on the game… Can’t all this be done tomorrow? Aren’t replacements informed of any actions their character previously did…How beneficial is this location thin anyways when its clear people are lying?
Also, why is it clear that people are lying about their locations?
Benmage wrote:As far as scum possibilities. Kairyuu is my leading candidates. Kaiyruu motivating Issac and trying to have the two confirm each other through their roles seemed really sketchy. Since then he has seemed rather obstinate. His butler claim is weak. His stress against there being Black Ajah seemed to detract from the game. His scum hunting is nearly nonexistent. I’m trying to look at others in iso to get some more reads. Perhaps if others answer these questions it can give me some direction to refer back to.
This is a crap argument, since Isacc was a serial killer.

I can't for the life of me figure out the argument for ABR saying who he roleblocked. We're nowhere near certain as to the set up, so we can't use the roleblock to confirm town or scum, so I see this only as an attempt to figure out if he or a scumbuddy would need to lie about an action.
Benmage wrote:We haven't mislynched, and I still feel like were losing...two deaths. What do you guys think caused the extra deaths?
a.k.a. The "Oh whoa is us, these nightkills are awful" scumtell.

There's a bunch of other stuff too, though maybe more minor, but I'm kind of done for right now. More than enough evidence for a vote.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Barn.
Benmage looks like dead cert scum to me, who knew his kill wouldn't have been blocked by old-KoC's ability. I wonder if old-KoC knew that, or assumed his ability would cover twilight as well? It certainly looked like it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Setael wrote:The fact that both of those notes can't be true is really throwing me off...
That's because you were dead wrong all along, and I was right. You can't compete with me Setael...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Stables.

@Albert: Respond to my questions from D4 immediately.

vote: Albert

If not for the Mufasa strangeness D4 you would have been my first choice, given that I and others had pointed out several lies, including you saying that you must have role confirmation that someone is scum to speak with certainty, and then turning around and declaring with certainty that either Isacc or myself was scum. This would be fine if you had role confirmation of some sort, but a roleblocker is not a role that typically receives results, so you did not have what you stated you needed. Either you lied about needing role confirmation, or you were making a false statement by declaring that you knew for a fact that Isacc and I were scum.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:17 am

My suspicions of Kairyuu have increased overnight.

I didn't slip. I told my partner the same thing long before, and I explained my reasoning for thinking that kills are daybreak actions and not twilight actions.

Also, I can speak with certainty whenever I want to. Doesn't make it a lie.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 am

It can't be a lie if I don't "know it" to be a lie.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 am

And my partner is still alive FYI.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Albert: Liar.
Albert, in isolation post 108 wrote:I do not have the ability to say "x is scum" without MOD CONFIRMATION that the player is scum. That confirmation might be a lie, for example if I had a mason partner telling me that he had role confirmation that x is scum, and I believed he was in earnest. But barring unlikely circumstances such as these, I would break an oath by saying "Fabian is scum" like Kairyuu did.

So let me reiterate. I CANNOT say "x player is scum" without role confirmation / death scene / mod confirmation.

("x is scum" is a very definitive statement)

All Aes Sedai can double-check with the moderator if they wish.
As for your suspicion of me, not only do I not care, it's pure OMGUS. I renew my attack on you, and your suspicion of me magically increases.

And as for the daybreak actions, that's not what I was talking about exactly. I was referring to the fact that when I said you were scum who slipped you merely posted a sad smiley, which strikes me as rather resigned. Explain it.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:25 am

Vote Kairyuu

Please please please? Pleaaase.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”