Newbie 773 - New Bieland GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 am

Post by Talitha »

Wakey wakeys.

Unfortunately xRECKONERx has been murdered overnight.
He was a townie.

3 of you remain and 2 votes will lynch.
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:00 am

Post by koriental »

hey cow and dragonfly. good to see you this day. 3 of us remain...crazy.

now my ears are all perked up and my eyes are shifting between the two of you. =)

just wanted to let you both know that i'm going to a conference today. i'll be able to check the forum about once a day, probly in the evenings. i'll try to post my thoughts and stuff later tonight.
bye.

the conference will last until saturday, but that shouldn't be a problem right? cuz i assume we'll have to assess many things and be methodical in our approach.
passion...it lies in all of us...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

I'd like to note that if anyone votes for anyone else (provided that first vote wasn't cast by scum), then scum can just hammer and the game will be over. So, don't vote until you're absolutely sure.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

That said, I think cow is the final scum.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

That said, cow, tell me why you're not scum. Convince me.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Dragonfly13 wrote:That said, cow, tell me why you're not scum. Convince me.
tell me why you think I am. I personally think it could be either of you two and I have to read the last couple days to see what I think.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Well first, cow, who do you find scummiest between me and koriental?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Dragonfly13 wrote:Well first, cow, who do you find scummiest between me and koriental?
see last post. I'm not sure.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

You do seem to vote a lot more than koriental does, and you led a lot of lynches on townies this whole game. You didn't vote for bobo, even though I have no reason to believe you found anyone more suspicious at that point. Bobo never mentioned you in his posts, he only responded to you when you asked him questions. I find that scum tend to leave their buddies out of their thoughts. Bobo also voted koriental at one point, but never voted for you. You never voted for bobo, and neither did koriental.

I would like you both to have a look at these few posts:

Post 12
Post 31
Baszie's Post 46
Post 49 "Anyone else notice how quiet tubby's been since I mentioned that?"

I feel there are things to comment on in these posts, but I don't have time to do it tonight, so I'll be stupid and leave half of my case against cow for you guys to have a stab at. Post 49 in particular stands out, because it is more of an attempt to get town gunning for tubby than anything.
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by koriental »

those are some good arguments dragonfly, in post 284.

however, in post 272, you said something i didn't like. you said that if baszie flipped town, you thought you'd be killed. why would u say something like that?

possibly to take guilt off you on the next day, to make it seem like u are town that survived rather than scum who was just pretending to fear that you would be killed.

does that make sense? i think it does.
i'll check back tomorrow hopefully in the evening to see what you're both saying and stuff.

but i agree w/ dragonfly that we should not be hasty with a vote, to avoid the scum "hammering". so i'll be back tmw night. bye
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

I'm taking a break from homework to post.

I said I thought I'd be killed if baszie flipped town because I wanted to remain in the game if the game went to a final day, and I thought saying something a little controversial so that I wouldn't look as town as I feel I did at that point. Meaning I would have a higher chance of surviving to today.

I'll try to make points on both of you tomorrow or soon to see what you think of each other, and of me.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 am

Post by Talitha »

Deadline is Tuesday, 30th June.
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:51 am

Post by koriental »

so...any thoughts guys? i was worried i'd miss something. but there's nothing so far
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Thanks for speaking up, koriental. I'd hoped someone would. I was going to point out the lack of discussion myself. It is odd to me that I am suspicious of cow and he decides to lurk. I was actually lurking to see who would speak up first. Now I feel even more strongly that cow is the last mafia. I'd support it with reasons but half if not more of the reasons why I find cow suspicious can be found in my previous lengthy case against him.

Leaving the game for 5 days is not protown at all. I've been checking in, but like I said, I wanted to see who would speak up first. What's your opinion of cow, koriental?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Forgot this was actually in day. Mixed it up with my other newbie game, which is in night.
Ok, here we go. Let's jump right into the PBPA's of both of you.

koriental:
Post 1: I found his last line in this post rather odd. He seems to be playing both sides of his (incorrectly-formatted) vote. I don't like that, but for a first vote and first real post in the entire site, it's not too bad.
Post 4: I found it really weird how he wanted someone else to defend me, as though me defending myself meant absolutely nothing.
Post 16: I like this post, actually, especially where he says that he's suspicious of those who try to confirm someone as town.
Post 20: I also really like this post, because I was thinking the exact same thing.

So basically, thinking back, I thought that koriental was going to be my top choice, but looking back, I don't see where I thought that.
Anyway, time to look at Dragonfly:

Post 10: Dragonfly just posted and voted me with no reasoning. I find this strange because early in the game, he called out koriental for voting me and then giving reasons. I also really didn't like that he said "If you want me to, I'll provide examples", when if he has examples, why wouldn't he give them right away?
Post 13: In a day, he went from "sorry Cow, I'm not listening to you, scum" to just switching his vote really quickly. What exactly happened to make such a quick move? I think he saw that he just wasn't going to get a lynch of me and decided to bail on that.
Post 17: Like I said, he called me out to help on Reckoner. I found it strange that he called me out to back him up and not anyone else. I think he's doing what I said in my defense of his case on me. Scum try to latch onto the experienced players.
Post 22: I'm not a fan of how he just follows me onto Baszie after calling me his second choice for scum just a little earlier.
Post 33: I don't like this post because being very sure that you're going to die just feels off to me. It rubs me the wrong way.
Post 38: I find it a little bit strange that voting MORE is considered suspicious. Why is that more suspicious than not voting at all?
Post 40: That's complete crap. Why lurk to see who would speak up first? Call people out. Don't just let the lurking happen.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

First of all, koriental's post 4 was actually his vote on you. His post 5 is where he asks you to get someone else to defend you. On the other hand, why aren't you just identifying our posts with their actual post numbers? It'd be much easier to follow what you have to say. Koriental's post 16. By this I assume you mean Post 228. I'm not seeing where he says he's suspicious of people who try to confirm someone as town, though I agree with you. People who attempt to confirm others as town ARE, in fact, suspicious. It was for this reason that I was so reluctant to vote Baszie yesterday. Reckoner did a lot of "townie-confirming."

But of course, you missed korientals
actual
Post 4, so your version of his post 16 would be Post 240. Okay, I see where you're talking about now. I'll assume koriental's post 17 was your version of his post 16, so his post... 21 would be your 20? See what I mean? Just refer to the post numbers themselves, please. It's a lot less confusing. Post 285 is what I assume you're calling his 20th. You say you were thinking the exact same thing, and yet you hadn't posted any of your own personal thoughts until now, six days after koriental makes his points there.

It's not a coincidence you thought this game was in the night phase.

My post 10, I know exactly which one you're talking about. It was my first really obvious mistake of the game. I knew I was voting you "without a reason," though I had one, which should've been obvious because I said I would provide examples of why I voted you if anyone cared, but I did so to prove to town that I am a bold player who will stop at nothing to get scum lynched.

My post 13: I was beginning to have some small doubts that you were scum here, cow. I think that's obvious. But you're scum pushing for my lynch today, so I'm not surprised with your case on me. Post 17, I "called you out ot help on Reckoner." Yep, I did. Because at that point, jokes aside, I thought reckoner was scum. However, you hadn't done much to help out the whole game, and I still considered you a prime suspect, so I prodded you to see how you would respond. Is that a crime?

Posts 22 and 33 that you're referencing are really ridiculous of you to be pointing out, cow. I suspect you're just pulling whatever you can off the page to try to make me look bad so you can get koriental on your side, which is the side that would lose town the game. This also allows me to begin to see the differences between the two of you. Cow, as the last scum, you know I am on your case, so you're reaching out to the other player you know to be town, koriental, to help you win the game. This is obvious, and it is allowing me to be more certain of our roles here. The more you reach out, the more I think koriental is town.

I'm getting sick of looking through the topic to find which posts correspond to
your
post numbers, so I'll comment on a general idea of which posts you're referencing. Post 38, voting more is suspicious because sometimes it can mean that you're looking for wagons, pressing for lynches. I know I have had my share of cases on townies that I thought were really good, but like I said, after more information becomes available, you start to look at the players in the game in a different way. This is part of the reason why I abandonded my case against you, cow. The other reason I abandoned my case on you was, in case this very situation arose, where it was me, you, and someone else in lylo, I would be able to fight you off myself and win the game for town.

Post 40
is
complete crap. I was actually intending to call you out for not posting in five days, cow, but when I checked the topic I saw that koriental had posted, so I commented that I felt the same way instead of calling you out. We still have fourteen days until the deadline, but I don't really think we'll need two weeks to finish the game, so I wanted to play a little game to see if koriental would, in fact, post first. And I wasn't disappointed.
cow wrote:Forgot this was actually in day. Mixed it up with my other newbie game, which is in night.
Bull. If you were town, you would have been checking back in on this topic as much as me and, I assume, koriental have been. Therefore, you would have known, as I and koriental did, that this game is in fact in the day phase. However, you know that the game is in lylo, and you think, cow, that as the last scum, that you've won. But you haven't yet. I'm onto you and you have to get koriental on your side to win. So, you post some commentary, a Post-By-Post-Analysis, if you will, on me and koriental. It is obvious from your commentary that you're buddying up to koriental and gunning for my lynch. In analyzing four of koriental's posts, you don't like two of them, but you do like the other two.

In analyzing seven of mine, you don't like any of them.

I hope, koriental, that you're following me closely, because we do need each other to win the game against cow, who I am now one-hundred percent sure of being scum. Note that I merely said I was suspicious of cow, but didn't actually build a case against him until this post. Of course, there's always the possibility of you being the last mafia, koriental, but I think the chances of that are slim to none at this point. And cow attempting to build a case on me to get your support just solidifies the idea that cow is the last mafia, in my mind.

I hope you'll also remember that I led the lynch on bobo, who was the other mafia. I even called for a deadline extension to get more people to get in and vote for him! Any mafia member would have just let the game go through the deadline with a no lynch, because it brings them one step closer to winning the game!

Cow did not vote bobo. Koriental, you didn't either, but like I said, it's irrelevant, because cow is scum and you're not. I'm not going to say I know for a fact that I, myself, am town, because it's pure WIFOM, but I'd just like you to sit down and consider the possibilities before making your decision, koriental. I am so sure, in fact, that cow is mafia, that I am going to go ahead and vote for him.
Vote: hasdgfas

You may question why I did this, especially when I've said in the past that we should wait as long as possible to vote, so allow me to clarify. If cow is mafia, then a vote on him means he cannot hammer one of us, unless
you
vote. Of course, I'm going to feel rather stupid if you turn out to be scum, koriental, but I think I've already made myself clear. If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't vote. Koriental, if you're town, I suggest you look back at all of cow's questionable behavior and give it some thought before making your decision. If you vote for me, I can assure you, town
will
lose the game.
koriental
koriental
Townie
koriental
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 am

Post by koriental »

vote hasdgfas

good game everyone~
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

bah
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Ok, this game is apparently over, so here's some things I have to say.
I sucked this game. Completely, and totally. Probably had something to do with the fact that my computer decided to go on the fritz, but I hate that excuse, so I just tried to keep going, which probably wasn't a good idea, as I couldn't give the game the attention it needed. Near the end, I think I just overanalyzed. I was feeling koriental as scum based on gut, but Dragonfly's post 40 really just rubbed me the wrong way. On that note:
Dragonfly wrote:On the other hand, why aren't you just identifying our posts with their actual post numbers?
I was. If you go down to the bottom of the page and do "display all posts by: Player X", it'll put someone in isolation, giving the post numbers just with them posting. I always forget that I need to explain that in newbie games.

koriental: well done. You posted enough that I didn't get too suspicious of you for lurking, and your posts themselves didn't make you that suspicious to me. In future games, posting more would be very helpful to everyone else though. Keeping me alive was a good decision too. Did you think of that before Night 1 or did that not come to you until Dragonfly said something Day 2?

Dragonfly: Also well done. You're a very good player, I just think you can get overaggressive and tunnel-visioned(I do the same thing sometimes). I think the main thing that made me suspicious of you were the times you called for me and me alone to help you out when it wasn't 3 players left. Because I was the IC, I felt like it was scum trying to get an experienced townie on their side. The only other big thing was continually saying you were going to be killed at night. Everyone hates it when people say that. Not really something scummy, but something to keep in mind: Never say you thought someone would die. It leads scum to not kill them so you get more suspicious of them, like happened this game.

Reckoner: You also played pretty well after the beginning of the game. I don't honestly remember anything later in the game that I was suspicious of you for.

Baszie: You need to post more in the game. Not to mention, you don't have to post everything that comes into your head. Sometimes it felt like you were just posting trains of thought, which always comes off bad.

To the others, there's not really a whole lot I can say, because I don't remember many posts from you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ugh. Town fail.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

As soon as koriental posted on D4 after the long hiatus, I knew he was scum.
green shirt thursdays
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:53 am

Post by hasdgfas »

xRECKONERx wrote:Ugh. Town fail.
I think we were too good for our own good, if that makes sense.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Way to go, koriental.
green shirt thursdays
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Dragonfly13 »

I think we were too good for our own good, if that makes sense.
I think it was mostly my bickering that led us to failure. Oh yeah, and my vote at the end. /facepalm

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”