Newbie 792--Mafia Island ~ Mafia win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:21 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

It isn't meant to be town. It's meant to be anti-town, which is by no means scummy, although I suspect I haven't been doing a good job being anti-town-ish.
最愛心。。。
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

You can't MEAN to be anti town. That's against the rules of not playing to win. The thing is in this game we need to rely on the town playing in a pro town manner, and that's what you're not doing.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Papa Zito »

unvote
vote: Indigo Heron

That's L-1. Do something useful.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Well...I was hoping that I could stay incognito a little longer...but hey, at least scum now know that at least 50% of the set-ups are valid.

Before I claim, I'd like people to know that does hiding in plain sight mean anything to you guys? I've left some breadcrumbs lying around, and I was trying an appealing play-style that involved WIFOM that backfired, but I remain optimistic of its potential in the game of Mafia.

I also invoke Stoofer's 1st Law in the event that I am lynched, since two people that I highly suspect are now on the list of people calling me to be lynched. Enough said.
最愛心。。。
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

unvote

'ang about, 'ang about. What exactly are you claiming?

[quote="Indigo Heron" Well...I was hoping that I could stay incognito a little longer...but hey, at least scum now know that at least 50% of the set-ups are valid. [/quote]

also could you explain this? not in an attacky way, I think this is game technique I'm not understanding. explain pwetty pwease
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

damn...I always mess up when quickreplying.
Mod: can you fix that quote for me?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Papa Zito »

^^Goldmine post.

1. Scum already know which two setups are valid, by either being two goons or a goon and a roleblocker. So fail on that point.
2. Breadcrumbs can just as easily be left by scum for a future claim.
3. Soft claiming sucks.
4. You're admitting to playing anti-town on purpose.
5. Setting up future lynches is bad bad bad.
Kappa
Just Monika
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I claim to be the cop. There you go. Doctor, protect me (if there is a doctor).
'
Papa Zito, do you intend to counter-claim me?
最愛心。。。
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Indigo Heron wrote:Papa Zito, do you intend to counter-claim me?
Hmm. This question is puzzling.
Kappa
Just Monika
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

I agree with Zito... huge fail about the mafia's knowledge of game setups. I also agree that if you are clever enough to leave the breadcrumbs, you could be clever enough to do that as scum. You invoke stoofers, but which 2 are you suspecting?
Mitey wrote:Hey Darkstrike! Nice work on that big post! You have been doing your homework! Now, I don't agree entirely on your assessment though. For example, you have me as Scum and I know I'm not. Now, you have me and several others as not contributing much to the game but, of these several others it's just myself and IH that you think are Scum. Why is this? Now, not that I'm breadcrumbing or hinting in any way but, there are other reasons to not show your hand too much in this game. Think on that!
This post interests me. It didn't at the time, but it interests me now.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:46 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:
Mitey wrote:Hey Darkstrike! Nice work on that big post! You have been doing your homework! Now, I don't agree entirely on your assessment though. For example, you have me as Scum and I know I'm not. Now, you have me and several others as not contributing much to the game but, of these several others it's just myself and IH that you think are Scum. Why is this? Now, not that I'm breadcrumbing or hinting in any way but, there are other reasons to not show your hand too much in this game. Think on that!
This post interests me. It didn't at the time, but it interests me now.
Why is that? I cannot address accusations that aren't voiced.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

the talk of breadcrumbing, the hinting at a power role being a good reason to stay out of it...

there could be a few explanations, but it looks like either you coached Indigo, or (more likely) he read this and thought that it is a good excuse.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:48 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:the talk of breadcrumbing, the hinting at a power role being a good reason to stay out of it...

there could be a few explanations, but it looks like either you coached Indigo, or (more likely) he read this and thought that it is a good excuse.
Coaching?!? Perhaps your second explaination but, coaching? You posted something about me, I defended and I get accused of coaching?
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Your outrage is justified, I heavily expect to be very wrong. But if you were both scum, you recognised that both of you were the ones I suspect, and it's subtle enough to come under your earlier stated terms of how quiet your in game coaching would be.

I still think the latter option of my explanations is more likey (by a long way) and neither reflects well on indigo.

Mitey, what is your opinion on the claim?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

unvote

I can't justify lynching a claimed cop on Day 1. I'm looking forward to your results tomorrow tho. Also hopefully now that you're "outted" you'll start contributing.

I'll echo Dark's question to everyone else. This is our first major development and everyone needs to weigh in.

Oh yeah.
vote: AGar
Kappa
Just Monika
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Papa Zito wrote:
You imply that I am lying. Normally, a contested hard claim is followed by a counter-claim in the event that the hard claim is in doubt (in my experience, any claim that isn't immediately contested, especially in Newbie games, results in you being lynched, apparently, the pro-town roles can't lay low a little longer and be incognito until it is necessary).

Also, what I wrote earlier was pure coincidence. To be honest, I did not even read MiteyMouse's post properly when I posted my soft claim (was only focused on posts concerning me). You'll see it's true when I wrote this earlier post:
Indigo Heron wrote:It does seem scummy, but I think that Papa Zito should have his chance to defend himself before I decide.
To which Papa Zito referred me to an even earlier post.

Also, this puzzles me after re-reading what has happened.
Papa Zito wrote:1. Scum already know which two setups are valid, by either being two goons or a goon and a roleblocker. So fail on that point.
You know...the moderator has never specified what the format was (whether it was C9, or some other kind). All he just said was the roles (Roleblocker, Goon, Cop, Doctor and Townie). How would you know the scum set-up? Same goes for you, Darkstrike.

@Darkstrike: I won't share my suspicions yet, because I want to be sure before I accuse anyone of anything.

Also, Mitey, what is your opinion of my anti-town behaviour?

Lastly, it would be good if Thesp could give us some input on what's happened as the IC.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Crap, I didn't see your post, Papa Zito.

I had acted anti-town because I knew that it would get some discussion going about me. I'd take the heat, and we have some content to get going into the day. Also, it was hoped that my anti-town behaviour would lead to scum thinking that they could lynch me instead of having to waste a night kill. Clearly, the approach needs tweaking.
最愛心。。。
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Indigo Heron wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
You imply that I am lying. Normally, a contested hard claim is followed by a counter-claim in the event that the hard claim is in doubt (in my experience, any claim that isn't immediately contested, especially in Newbie games, results in you being lynched, apparently, the pro-town roles can't lay low a little longer and be incognito until it is necessary).
I'm puzzled by your question, and that it was directed at me. To me your question implies that you think I'm the real cop and you want me to counter to verify this. I can't think of another reason why you'd ask it, and I can't think of a town reason for it either. I wanted to think on it more before I brought it up in the thread tho.
Indigo Heron wrote:You know...the moderator has never specified what the format was (whether it was C9, or some other kind). All he just said was the roles (Roleblocker, Goon, Cop, Doctor and Townie). How would you know the scum set-up? Same goes for you, Darkstrike.
All newbie games are F11 setups.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
Setup
: F11
Moderator:
Khelvaster (backup Mod: Yaw)
Current Update:
Day 1
Darkstrike_11
Papa Zito (replaced Macronaso)
Boxman
AGar
tracker
Wickedestjr
Mitey Mouse
Indigo Heron
Thesp
F11s have four possible variations:
Wiki wrote:It consists of four variations, chosen at random (the name comes from the binary expression of these four options, similar to C9):
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
Since the Mafia know if they are two goons or a goon and a roleblocker, they start the game knowing that two of the four aren't possible.

You are right that the setup isn't explicitly stated so I'm willing to believe you on this point.
Kappa
Just Monika
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by AGar »

Papa Zito wrote:
AGar wrote:Papa zito, why did you vote for me, just out of curiosity?
5 posts up.

Scum don't bother to read the thread since they already know who is town.
AGar wrote:That said, I am further convinced Papa zito is scum. You didn't wait for an argument, you just said "I'm going to vote for him", in my eyes because it takes the heat off of you. I think I'm finally ready to cast my vote.

Vote: Papa Zito
This is just OMGUS.

1. There's no heat on me. I didn't have any votes.
2. Thesp explained his vote earlier. Again, lack of reading the thread is fail.
3. Why wouldn't you vote for Thesp if you didn't like his vote?

But hey, at least you posted something.
On missing the post: It happens. I work full-time, very odd hours (overnights) so I do miss stuff at times. My bad, I see it now. Although there are others who have contributed nothing, I guess I understand it.

1. There was suspicion on you - you may have refuted it, but I'm not so easily convinced.
2. Thesp, in my eyes, still hasn't given me anything. So he's suspicious and wants to see how everyone reacts. It isn't lack of reading, I just don't see his angle yet.
3. I'm not so sure I want to vote a player that I feel can be a valuable asset to this town without any kind of proof, other than voting for me. You however, I found to be not as valuable.

That aside, the whole claim has thrown me in a loop. Not sure what to read of it. -.-

Too many scenarios to type up in 5 minutes.. I'll post more when I get off work tomorrow morning.

Unvote
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by tracker »

ok, i'm back, give me a moment to read over the thread before i post to much. is there anything anyone wants me to comment on in particular or any questions that need answering? not sure where i left off reading and i wouldn't want to miss anything important ;).
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

tracker wrote:ok, i'm back, give me a moment to read over the thread before i post to much. is there anything anyone wants me to comment on in particular or any questions that need answering? not sure where i left off reading and i wouldn't want to miss anything important ;).
Nope, nothing.

Oh wait no Indigo Heron claimed cop.

And AGar is likely scum.

Have at it.
Kappa
Just Monika
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by tracker »

sorry mitey for mistaking your gender,

list vs nolist

in order to contribute to the town i think we need to let people know(to a point) where our suspicions lie, but if we reveal to much then the scum could take that and run with it and try to use it to get a townie lynched, so i'm trying to balance it out.

dark, i like your PBPA,

stoofer's first law?
@indigo - i'm agreeing with papa here, why did you add that last part of that sentence in there?

papa - though i agree with you to an extent about agar's scummyness isn't asking people to back you up on it also suspicious?

mod could we get an updated vote count please?

also mod in you last vote count i do believe that you spelled papa zito's name wrong, ;)
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by tracker »

good night everyone
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

tracker wrote:stoofer's first law?
I had to wiki this when he mentioned it.
wiki wrote:In a C9 game, if a pro-town player is lynched on day 1, both scum were probably on the lynch.
Of course, we're not in a C9 game.
tracker wrote:papa - though i agree with you to an extent about agar's scummyness isn't asking people to back you up on it also suspicious?
I don't recall asking anyone to back me up on it. Even still, I'd say no. If I think someone is a shady character, and I truly think that person should be lynched, wouldn't I
have
to try to convince people to join me? You know, the whole voting thing.
tracker wrote:also mod in you last vote count i do believe that you spelled papa zito's name wrong, ;)
It's a running gag thing now. I think. lawl
Kappa
Just Monika
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Boxman »

I see no reason to lynch an uncountered cop claim.

unvote

Now, we need to think about who looks the scummiest.

AGar has been lurky all game, and specifically called out Papa Zito for(as he puts it) "speeding up the game." I already have a prior FoS on him, which he hasn't responded to. I think he needs a little pressure to put his head in the game.

Vote: AGar
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”