ConsonantM
ConsonantM
Goon
ConsonantM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by ConsonantM »

Another game, sadly, has been occupying my time. (It shouldn't be, considering how it doesn't require daily posts; this game does. But, well, it has. :/) Catching up now.
The Consonant Cult shall live again! :D
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I just noticed that sam.samhorn's last three votes have all been Phoebus.

sam, besides Phoebus and me, who else are you suspicious of?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Just letting everyone know, I will be reading the game full sometime tomorrow. Don't expect a huge post from me cause it's not my style.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Holy crap you're right, Xylth. I can't believe I didn't see it.

496, 552, and 595 are all votes for Phoebus without ever unvoting.
If this isn't sam being scum and just following the town's whims instead of voting for himself, I don't know what is.
green shirt thursdays
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch

lazarusmoth: 2 (ConsonantM, Xylthixlm)
Phoebus: 2 (sam.samhorn, cateraction)
cateraction: 1 (Phoebus)
sam.samhorn: 1 (xRECKONERx)

Not Voting: 5 (lazarusmoth, scotmany12)

Current Deadline:
Thursday June 25th, 10 PM Eastern

Prodding lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Got the prod. Just coming off of VLA. Will do a reread.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:09 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

xRECKONERx wrote:First off
unvote Phoebus

And now, a few questions for...

@sam.samhorn:

Why was Xylth not a valuable player at that point?
Because he's never a valuable player.
Since inHim turned up town, why did you say he was mafia? And you said it again here. And then you voted him here with no real explanation.
Because I thought he was mafia?? I guess I was wrong about something.
You said if inHim wasn't scum, then Xylth is. Still stand by that?
The jury's still out on Xyl. On one hand, I think he's awful and a poor mafia player, and I really want to policy lynch him, but I'm not entirely convinced that he's scum. I'm trying to not look at him through rose-tinted glasses.
What is the policy lynch you referenced regarding Xyl?
He's awful. He plays a style similar to that of DrippingGoofball, whom I would vote no matter the situation in any game ever because she is the worst mafia player in the world.
Also, given your most recent vote, would you mind providing some support? It seems to me you've been fightiing XYL tooth-and-nail, not Phoebus.

More to come.
Sure, I will later on. Now I must go. More to come.
"I have chronic depression and a learning disability" - Xylthilxm
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

One of these things is not like the others:
sam.samhorn wrote:Because he's never a valuable player.
sam.samhorn wrote:I thought you were a better mafia player than that.
sam.samhorn wrote:I think he's awful and a poor mafia player
sam.samhorn wrote:He's awful.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Um... what?
Sam, you're failing hardcore right now. You still have
no reason
you can even fabricate for voting inHim, which to me looks like "Crap, someone saw my bandwagoning" and you're too lazy to fish back that far for support for your vote. I didn't try to pin the blame on you for being wrong, I tried to pressure you as to WHY you voted. "I thought he was mafia" is NOT a valid excuse.

I don't quite understand how Xylth comes across as an "awful" mafia player. I don't think you really think that, either. See: his above post.

Captain Contradiction needs to respond to every point I posted against him in my two posts IN FULL, and needs to respond to Xylth. Not that it matters - pretty sure you're scum, anyway.

And way to finish your post with another "I'll analyze more later". Guess I could add that one to the list.
green shirt thursdays
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:57 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

xRECKONERx wrote:sam.scumhorn:

Given how many town players wound up on the Kise wagon, this seems like an early attempt to set-up mislynches among the wagoners.
No, it was just a terrible bandwagon.
Aside from the things mentioned above, you have consistently done two things successfully in this game:

1) Claim you will analyze the game to come up with "something". Like your vote on inHim, and your unvote on inHim, and when you say lynching laz is a bad idea.
This is a valid criticism, however why it makes me scum I have no idea. I've had little time to sit down and explain in detail my posts, although experienced mafia players should be able to decipher in the post I quoted exactly why I think that person's scum.
2) Post just enough to get by, while not scumhunting or adding to conversation whatsoever. You especially fail at backing up your claims with logic of any sort. Why was the Kise wagon an awful wagon?
I explained that in the post I made. Lynching a claimed cop on day one is incredibly stupid no matter how many "scumreads" you have on the person. It seems to me you want me to be less concise and post a three-paragraph post saying exactly that.

[quote[How do previous mod setups affect this game at all?[/quote]

I didn't say that...in fact I said the opposite. Reread the post. I don't know how they would.
Even if laz has no internet access, why does that make him any less likely to be scum?
It doesn't make him less likely to be scum. On the same note, it doesn't make him any more likely to be scum, which is what others in this game seemed to be implying.
Every vote you have voted this entire game has amounted to a bandwagon vote
with no reason or case presented.
I'll give you the bolded part because I haven't had the time to sit down and elaborate extensively on a person (hint: I rarely if ever do that -- maybe once per game, and that's if I have time), but other than that...what the fuck are you talking about?

You've not gone out of your way to hunt anyone - all you've done is comment on irrelevant, "safe" discussion. Until we get some answers..
[/quote]

Everything in the last two quotes I posted is just...not true. Please provide examples.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

Xylthixlm wrote:I just noticed that sam.samhorn's last three votes have all been Phoebus.

Nobody in particular that's significant enough for me to try to create attention at.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

xRECKONERx wrote:Holy crap you're right, Xylth. I can't believe I didn't see it.

496, 552, and 595 are all votes for Phoebus without ever unvoting.
If this isn't sam being scum and just following the town's whims instead of voting for himself, I don't know what is.
Conveniently you're forgetting here that I'm the first person to vote for Phoebus out of the entire town.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:12 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

xRECKONERx wrote:Um... what?
Sam, you're failing hardcore right now. You still have
no reason
you can even fabricate for voting inHim, which to me looks like "Crap, someone saw my bandwagoning" and you're too lazy to fish back that far for support for your vote. I didn't try to pin the blame on you for being wrong, I tried to pressure you as to WHY you voted. "I thought he was mafia" is NOT a valid excuse.
Haha holy shit you're awful.

1) I was the first person to vote for inHim, and the first person to accuse him of being mafia, so any attempts to accuse me of "bandwagoning" fall flat on their face. To answer your question though it was an earlygame vote for bandwagoning and drifting through the town. IIRC I unvoted him because he was just being lazy and apathetic instead of being mafia. Maybe the roleblocker claim helped too.
I don't quite understand how Xylth comes across as an "awful" mafia player. I don't think you really think that, either. See: his above post.
Trust me, I know that Xyl is a poor mafia player. He stoops to a new low every time I play with him.
Captain Contradiction needs to respond to every point I posted against him in my two posts IN FULL, and needs to respond to Xylth. Not that it matters - pretty sure you're scum, anyway.

And way to finish your post with another "I'll analyze more later". Guess I could add that one to the list.
Oops! Captain Bad Mafia Player doesn't realize that contradiction I just made with Xyl isn't indicative of scuminess. What motivation would scum have to dislike someone so much they would actively pursue a policy lynch on a player for a significant portion of the day? Where have I bandwagoned ever? The good majority of your accusations have been baseless, and outside of not posting lots of words in one post flat out wrong.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Haha, wow. Allow me to retort, sans all angry, douchebaggish overreactionary insults/responses:
No, it was just a terrible bandwagon.
Then how do you respond to the fact that every person who has flipped on that wagon so far has been town, hm? Obvious proof that it wasn't a terrible wagon, Kise just played horribly.
This is a valid criticism, however why it makes me scum I have no idea. I've had little time to sit down and explain in detail my posts, although experienced mafia players should be able to decipher in the post I quoted exactly why I think that person's scum.
So, Mr. "Experienced Mafia Player", do you
really
not understand how someone voting where the most suspicion lies and not backing up their votes with ANY semblance of reasoning is scummy?
I didn't say that...in fact I said the opposite. Reread the post. I don't know how they would.
I meant why even bother with that kind of discussion? This would be part of the "safe" discussion, away from trying to scumhunt, just discussing frivolous game mechanics.
It doesn't make him less likely to be scum. On the same note, it doesn't make him any more likely to be scum, which is what others in this game seemed to be implying.
What "others" "seem" to be implying this? Mind pointing out references so I can be sure you're not just talking out of your ass again?
Everything in the last two quotes I posted is just...not true. Please provide examples.
Okay. I'm about to run to the gym but you bet your ass when I get back I'll provide examples of you not really helping to scumhunt, but instead only popping in to comment when it's safe.
Conveniently you're forgetting here that I'm the first person to vote for Phoebus out of the entire town.
And conveniently you're forgetting that you voted for Phoebus... three times in a row... without ever unvoting. Do you even remember being the first to vote for Phoebus, or did you have to go back and re-read your own posts to familiarize yourself with... yourself?
1) I was the first person to vote for inHim, and the first person to accuse him of being mafia, so any attempts to accuse me of "bandwagoning" fall flat on their face. To answer your question though it was an earlygame vote for bandwagoning and drifting through the town. IIRC I unvoted him because he was just being lazy and apathetic instead of being mafia. Maybe the roleblocker claim helped too.
"Bandwagoning" might not be the word. Not caring who you're voting for and going wherever the most suspicion lies without even bothering to cite examples of the person's scumminess would be a more exact way to put it. And I noted that you didn't unvote immediately after the roleblocker claim, it took you a couple posts. So the roleblocker claim isn't the reason you unvoted him. Otherwise you would've done it in your first post after he claimed.
Oops! Captain Bad Mafia Player doesn't realize that contradiction I just made with Xyl isn't indicative of scuminess. What motivation would scum have to dislike someone so much they would actively pursue a policy lynch on a player for a significant portion of the day? Where have I bandwagoned ever? The good majority of your accusations have been baseless, and outside of not posting lots of words in one post flat out wrong.
The fact that you're trying to pursue a policy lynch on someone instead of actually scumhunting is completely ridiculous and anti-town. You wouldn't care if he was town or scum, you're just trying to policy lynch Xylth. I think Xylth has had moments of scumminess, but nothing compared to you not paying attention to the game whatsoever.

Oh, and you didn't just not post a lot of words in one post. You haven't posted a lot of words... ever. Except for now, when you're covering your own ass.
green shirt thursdays
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

sam.samhorn wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I just noticed that sam.samhorn's last three votes have all been Phoebus.

Nobody in particular that's significant enough for me to try to create attention at.
unvote, vote sam.samhorn

lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Xylthixlm wrote:
lazarusmoth wrote:Now we're cookin'.

As I doubt that there are two town-aligned roleblockers, this looks like a good break for everyone. I'm going to take a good look at reck's and inhim's posts, and I suggest everyone do the same.
lazarusmoth wrote:Reckoner - Townie. There's no reason for him to cc town-aligned roleblocker when he can claim an easier role if he were scum. I also see a point to the whole paired-roles symmetry setup with a mafia member being revealed specifically as Brooklyn Mafia, so I believe in his existence as another roleblocker.
lazurus, why the flip here? Just because Rhinox came up Brooklyn Mafia, or is there something more?
There was a significant amount of time and information that happened between these two posts. The most significant being that I bought into the symmetry of having two townie roleblockers when it was more than likely that we also had two mafia groups. I also processed the info that reck claiming blocker instead of an easier role was more townie than scum.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:42 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

I really hoped I answered any questions thrown my way. I'm a bit concerned with the deadline approaching, and we need to have a scum lynch. Phoebus is still my best bet atm, although the personal nature of the discussions between xyl, sam and reckoner are causing quite a ripple. This can potentially divide our votes and we'll be left with a no-lynch. Let's bang the deadline drum now please.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

lazarusmoth wrote:Phoebus is still my best bet atm
You're not voting.

lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:01 am

Post by lazarusmoth »

Wha? I thought I was.
lazarusmoth - Post 558 wrote:
vote: phoebus.
He's part of the D1 lynch which contains dead townies and folks which I believe to be townie. He pushes the setup symmetry too much for my taste to try to get a Reckoner lynch when I believe Reck to be townie. His argument that Reck should've gone over a mafia block instead of an SK block does not make sense because , as Reck pointed out, mafia may have 1-2 other members to make the kill.
In any case,
unvote, vote: phoebus
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:12 am

Post by scotmany12 »

About to reread, but before I start, I just want to say xyl is a horrible mafia player, and that his latest vote on sam is basically OMGUS, and nothing else.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

scotmany12 wrote:About to reread, but before I start, I just want to say xyl is a horrible mafia player, and that his latest vote on sam is basically OMGUS, and nothing else.
Experienced mafia players should be able to decipher in the post I quoted exactly why I think that person's scum.

"Xyl is also a great player" -Yosarian2
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Despite my at-odds-ness with Xylth earlier on, I kind of agree. sam.samhorn's quoted post is reeking of evasion. He doesn't think anyone is suspicious enough to throw himself out there... kinda how he's been playing literally the entire game.
green shirt thursdays
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:00 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Just want to say, Kise lynch was awful. You people actually need to look at how sincere someone can be, and guess what, Kise believed everything that he said. Horrible, horrible lynch. Not to mention you don't lynch a claimed cop on day one.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 am

Post by scotmany12 »

xRECKONERx wrote:Despite my at-odds-ness with Xylth earlier on, I kind of agree. sam.samhorn's quoted post is reeking of evasion. He doesn't think anyone is suspicious enough to throw himself out there... kinda how he's been playing literally the entire game.
I agree. That does not change the fact that xyl's vote was extremely awful and OMGUS. And when questioned about it, he says anyone who is experienced should know why he is voting, showing that he has no reason and is just waiting for someone to make up a reason for him, like you just did. He hopped onto the sam bandwagon, which he hopes will grow, without a legit reason. Had he had a legit reason, he would have said it rather than waiting for someone to give it for him.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

The only relevant posts you posted that had any content were your constant bashing-people-over-the-head with "THE KISE WAGON WAS AWFUL!11!11!" Other than your two posts in the RVS, pretty much your next eight posts are nothing but bandwagon talk... and yet you never analyze said wagon to find the scum, do you?

By the way... who were you talking about in linked post? Because you quote cater talking about inHim, then proceed to tirade about Xylth.

"Safe" posts include: (see? told you I'd come back to it. When I say I'm going to analyze later, I actually DO, unlike you)
Let me look some more.
I'm afraid of lynching the wrong person. (Duh. I mean, how is this a productive post? It's a nothing-post wrapped in some flowery language to make it look like you're contributing.)
Reiterating Xylth's point.
Commenting on the setup symmetry issue.
Hay gaiz letz nawt vote laz k? idk why tho.
Math debate!
Grr I hate Xylth but I'm going to vote Phoebus anyway with no reasoning why!
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”