Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by populartajo »

Nice we are more calm right now.

Im still pondering your claim and such.

I would like that you provide an updated short analysis of each player here including probable alignment.

1.Kloud1516
2.Crywolf20084
3.xofelf
4.ZazieR
5.starbuck
6.faraday
7.Plum
8.Populartajo
9.Slicey
10.SensFan
11.zwetschenwasser
12.SpyreX
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count:

Starbuck - 5 - faraday, Plum, ZazieR, SpyreX, Elvis_Knits
Faraday - 3 - SensFan, Kloud1516, Starbuck

Not Voting - Crywolf20084, Slicey, xofelf, Populartajo

With 12 alive, 7 will lynch

Deadline: Monday, July 20 at 2:47 PM EST
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Plum »

As I said before: All roles besides Bella and Edward (especially after the new info from EK) could, potentially, be fakeclaims to our collective knowledge. Having said that, Starbucks claim looks more likely to be a fakeclaim than average, mostly because of the shenanigans about paraphrasing flavor and role name.

Have I mentioned that this game is insane (the players' doing, not the Mod's . . . yet)?

First Starbuck claimed, quote "I'm Bella's Mom, a Vanilla Townie." I was sort of confused that she called herself 'Bella's Mom' not 'Renee' or whatever, so I checked the Wiki article on the movie, saw the character listed as Renee Dwyer or whatever, then asked if anyone had seen the movie - hoping to find out whether she'd actually been named outright in the movie. Naturally I thought Kmd would be fairly professional and look up that sort of thing before writing the Role PM, but i thought that if she wasn't named in the movie there was a chance she actually got a PM with the role 'Bella's Mom' (though even the sample Role PM would seem to indicate getting a name is the norm - not strong evidence of such, but part of a pretty large weight of gut and common sense weighing in against the claim).

Another part of that is the seeming reluctance to paraphrase her flavor. Perhaps she genuinely was confused about what was asked of her, but I don't think that's likely.
Starbuck wrote:
I AM BELLA'S MOTHER, RENEE DWYER.

I AM WORRIED ABOUT BELLA BECAUSE OF THE STRING OF MURDERS THAT HAS OCCURRED IN THAT AREA OF WASHINGTON.

I WANT HER TO BE SAFE AND SOUND AND I WANT TO PROTECT HER, BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T TELL ME THE WHOLE TRUTH ABOUT HER LIFE THERE.
The amount of stuff it took before she posted that was almost unreal. The fact that she posted other summaries of Bella's Mom from the book and movie after asked to specifically paraphrase her Role PM also makes me disinclined to believe the claim. EK sums it up nicely in her Post 392. The fact that Renee Dwyer is Bella's Mom doesn't negate the fact that you first claimed one general role name and then claimed a different specific role name when further questioned, as opposed to opened up your Role PM and saw your official role bolded in green and claimed that straight off the bat. It's possible Kmd just gave the scum safe role name claims and perhaps a bit of flavor, but . . . meh, speculation. Suffice it to say that Starbuck's role claim was far below average. Coupled with her past behavior, I still am way up for her lynch. Probably would be preferable if the people who haven't been hanging out for the whole massive postfest checked in before the lynch, but I don't think that's absolutely critical.
Starbuck wrote:Unfortunately, trying to do the right thing by making things easier on zwet's alt coming in was all in vain. You all took that as me being scum, even though I'm town, and it's alright. I'll learn from this game.

I'll learn who not to play with and who to.

I'll learn to just not answer any questions because it just digs a deeper hole, even if everyone is saying that it will help.
Sour grapes much, scum? All right, it's a game; I think some people were a bit obnoxious earlier (the Faraday/Sens showdown, not the cases against you) and I understand that you feel frustrated. You shouldn't feel this frustrated because it's a game which we're playing to win and we haven't broken the rules nor do I recall anyone unduly harassing/verbally abusing you. Yet another appeal to emotion, also scummy . . .

All right, looks like you guys decided to cut to the chase while I was writing this up.
SpyreX wrote:I always love the point in a gameday where everyone just stops yelling and holds hands and sings as we watch the ship sink. :)
And then it seems Starbuck gives in. Am I reading your last two comment write? You seem a lot more mellow now.
Starbuck wrote:I'm pretty sure Bella will be getting a bullet proof vest with a fish inside it soon.
Hm?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Plum wrote:
Starbuck wrote:I'm pretty sure Bella will be getting a bullet proof vest with a fish inside it soon.
Hm?
Yeah. What?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Holy shit is that 15 posts an hour o__o?
SpyreX wrote:1.) Policy lynch on zwet.
2.) Instant "hate" on the idea of a breakable setup. Again, as town the idea of being angry at having a win seems off. However, this becomes even more bizarre as we go on.
1) have said and done it before, and have even linked a game where i've said it before.
2) Why are you using this as a case against me? I joined a game to play *mafia* not lets out guess the goddamn mod and break the setup. I joined it because I was excited to play a theme where I knew the back story.
1.) As stated, Zwet hinders whichever side he is on. Therefore, if he is scum... wouldn't it make sense to let him flow out and catch his compatriots?
Um no. He still hinder's the process of scum hunting regardless
1.) Unnecessary vig speculation.
2.) Claims to have enough insight to "break the setup" but carefully gives no information on how it is done. Survival via information? Perhaps. This gets even stranger though:
I wasn't the one that brought it up at first.
I know the book and movie in side and out, if roles match characters than its p easy to tell whose bad and whose good. This is what i was thinking at that time, thoughts have changed.
a.) Said she'd be pissed if KMD had a breakable setup.
b.) Insinuated that she, herself, could break the setup.
c.) Then says that we need to "play the game" and avoid mechanics? Cognitive dissonance I choose you!
Answered these many times already.

-is quickly losing cognitive ability for i broke down and took my vallium and oxycodone-

Um idk how to respond to those roles. I'm thinking they are lovers one town one scum.

And no no no we don't have to purdge the idiots no longer. One has been replaced, and one is still prob scum imo, but is no longer under my skin with every post. I still would like to see a full claim from Faraday with how edward was/is SO DEFINITE TOWN.
Assumptions:
1.) Crywolf's PM, in fact, fits with the flavor.
2.) Due to responses, Crywolf's role, in fact, fits with the character.
--- This makes "breakable setup" make more sense due to the fact that her own knowledge would give credence to it.
From my role PM i have an idea that vampires have a miller like quality about them, And yes my role fits with my character.

Now time to refresh and see what i've missed in the last... ...4 hours. ...fuck.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Vampire(s)?

And you have reason to believe they are millers?

Ohh, this is gonna be a hoot.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Faraday »

Keep calling me an idiot and I'll be "getting under your skin" again in no time at all.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Faraday »

EDWOP: I'm trying to be nice, so try to extend the same courtesy back.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And then it seems Starbuck gives in. Am I reading your last two comment write? You seem a lot more mellow now.
Mellow on that issue. Its done. She's gonna dangle.

So, instead of belaboring the point we curl up with some booze and watch the city burn, as it were.

If thats what you were asking.

I'm definitely not "mellow" on the game as a whole. Like Cry's post that has that delectable combination of rolefishing / softclaiming information that is guaranteed to make me salivate.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Faraday »

Faraday wrote:Keep calling me an idiot and I'll be "getting under your skin" again in no time at all.
heh, that makes me sound like a prick :(

Anyway more game related comments tomorrow, off for now. Want content from xofelf and sens and crywolf to go post again before we proceed.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Faraday »

Hey EDWARD KNITS, does your role pm lead you to believe you're a miller?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Plum »

crywolf20084 wrote:Holy shit is that 15 posts an hour o__o?
24.99 is our approximate Activity Constant at this point :shock:.
crywolf20084 wrote:I know the book and movie in side and out, if roles match characters than its p easy to tell whose bad and whose good. This is what i was thinking at that time, thoughts have changed.
Had you never heard of safeclaims in Theme Games?
Faraday wrote:Keep calling me an idiot and I'll be "getting under your skin" again in no time at all.
Guys, more than enough drama for one day. Try not to spread it; leave it alone and it'll fizzle out. PREVIEW EDIT: Yeah, it didn't sound so nice . . . lewt's all just put our best foot forward, shall we?

Preview edits!
SpyreX wrote:Mellow on that issue. Its done. She's gonna dangle.

So, instead of belaboring the point we curl up with some booze and watch the city burn, as it were.

If thats what you were asking.

I'm definitely not "mellow" on the game as a whole. Like Cry's post that has that delectable combination of rolefishing / softclaiming information that is guaranteed to make me salivate.
No, I was wondering it
Starbuck
had mellowed out on the issue and kinda given in.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by xofelf »

sorry... still reading over.. but for those who were looking for my response after the whole zwet-drama.. it IS there, but right before EK's wall o text posts. so it seems it was missed, like normal...
please give me a chance to read what the hell happened and i will try to get back to you all as soon as i can.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh I didn't miss it.

It just holds no weight. You happened to be on the policy lynch HOOO wagon while somehow still thinking for yourself yet mirroring their sentiments exactly?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by SensFan »

elvis_knits wrote:People guilty of not scum hunting (hint: they're scummy):
Sensfan (also heavy role fishing, policy lynch)
Bullshit.

Not only have I found FaradayScum, but I have done no role fishing at all, unless you count telling Faraday to either full claim or stop soft claiming. And can you explain why a policy lynch is bad?

Note that this is the last post I've read, its just 6 friggin pages pack, so I figured I'd post this now.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

EK wrote:And why do you think faradayscum would make himself a target and protect townzwet when he could easily blend in with the rest of hte policy lynchers and kill zwet?
It makes sense *now*. If Zwet dies he dies.
EK wrote:In the interest of confirming Bella should I die:

Am I Edward? Yes
Am I town? Yes
Do I know who Bella is? Yes
Is Bella town? Yes
Does Bella know who I am? Not from her role PM. My role PM specifically said she did not know who I was, but she knew I was out there and she knew I was town. She just did not know what player was Edward.
Thank you for claifying. Now I am wondering if this is a Guard/Beloved Princess type thing.

Just so everyo ne knows i'm only on page 14 bear with me. I am having a very rough day.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Plum wrote:
populartajo wrote:Ive seen the movie. I havent read the books.
Dammit Starbuck.

Tajo, is Bella's Mom's name ever mentioned in the movie or not, please?
o___o i don't think it is....
SpyreX wrote:Mind you my EXTENSIVE research right now (opening up IMDB) doesn't list a female Swan NOR "Bella's Mom" in its list of actors.
Yes there is her mom in the movie.
Her Mom and her newly wedded step dad were moving to florida for minor leauge baseball which made bella move up to Forks, Washington.

i'm sure this is already been covered but i'm trying my damnedest to catch up and am commenting probably for my own benefit. posting after each page.
SpyreX wrote:Ohhhhhhhhh its a different last name. Huh.

Renee Dwyer is listed in the credits. :P But, as Renee Dwyer, not "Bella's Mom"
If the name is mentioned it's like twice. In the first 3 min in the begining and in the end when she's in the hospital after the attack of James. (Spoiler: The end scene is retarded where the Cullen's repeat "Lets rip off his head and throw it into the fire" only a million times)
Starbuck wrote:Bella's mom's name is Renee Dwyer.

She left Bella's Dad when Bella was about 3 or 4 and moved to Phoenix. Bella moved back with her Dad when Renee picked up and went to Jacksonville Florida with her new baseball player husband.

In the book, Bella pretty much takes care of her mom while she is growing up. Her mom is a wacky quirky kind of mom and pretty forgetful.

That's all I can remember from the movie/book about her.
Bam. Flavor = true.

End of page 14.

So everyone knows I am doing this through a very nasty spinal head ache.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Nothing to say to page 15 other than i beleive Starbuck and that totally makes sense.
I'm writing as i'm going

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Plum »

crywolf20084 wrote:Bam. Flavor = true.
Not Bam, because that was obviously not her Role PM flavor but stuff she happened to know about the actual movies/books. It told us nothing but that Starbuck is acquainted with the source material, which we already knew. It did not answer the request that the summarize the flavor in her Role PM.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Bam book flavor = true

Movie flavor = ?

Actual paraphrase of flavor = false.

Seriously. If Starbuck is scum, Crywolf dies tomorrow.

It is known. We will broker no argument. We will hear no dissention. You will ally with us, or you will face our wrath.

Kneel. Or be knelt.

;)

Out for the night. Yeeehawww
Show

Proud member of BaM
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

elvis_knits wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Starbuck wrote:And I already paraphrased my flavor.
oh yeah where?
Post 348.
Starbuck's 348 wrote:Bella's mom's name is Renee Dwyer.

She left Bella's Dad when Bella was about 3 or 4 and moved to Phoenix. Bella moved back with her Dad when Renee picked up and went to Jacksonville Florida with her new baseball player husband.

In the book, Bella pretty much takes care of her mom while she is growing up. Her mom is a wacky quirky kind of mom and pretty forgetful.

That's all I can remember from the movie/book about her.
If this is supposed to be the paraphrase, why does Starbuck say that's all SHE can remember from the movie/book?

A paraphrase should have nothing to do with what she remembers from the movie/book.
oh wait...good point.

Hurrrr

Sratch that town read.
Fuck i'm prob screwing myself over for doing this while stoned on lovely pain meds...

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Plum »

SpyreX wrote:Bam book flavor = true

Movie flavor = ?

Actual paraphrase of flavor = false.

Seriously. If Starbuck is scum, Crywolf dies tomorrow.

It is known. We will broker no argument. We will hear no dissention. You will ally with us, or you will face our wrath.

Kneel. Or be knelt.

;)

Out for the night. Yeeehawww
Oh man, are you doing the Emperor thing again?

:D

I saw a bit of that.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by SensFan »

So yeah, EK's stance on me is ridiculous.
She claims I've talked about nothing but the policy lynch, even though I think I've said more against Faraday than I have against zwets.
And no, I wasn't rolefishing. He was strongly implying a role-based reason to treat zwets as confirmed, and I'm not going to let that fly. He had to either claim, or shut up and admit zwets wasn't confirmed.

---

I do admit, though, that Faraday has looked much better since I last posted against him, though that may be due to Starbuck's taking over the spotlight.

---

Star:
*Why did you claim "Bella's Mom", rather than "Renee Whatever, Bella's Mom"?
*Why didn't you give the flavour you bolded when you originally claimed, but after you linked everyone to the Wiki?
*Why was your first answer to your flavour to talk about who Renee is in the book/movie?
*Why will you be happy to be lynched?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

SpyreX wrote:Vampire(s)?

And you have reason to believe they are millers?

Ohh, this is gonna be a hoot.
The whole Cullen family are vampires.
Would you like me to list all characters and reasons for them being scum? It'll help the scum effeciently fake claim though.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

And holy shit i'm caught up.