Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:42 am

Post by ZazieR »

:oops: I remember it now.

Though it doesn''t explain that Mastin is still posting in other games >.<
Ignore the ''R''
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Kise »

Reading in ISO is oh-so limited. ^_^
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:46 am

Post by ZazieR »

Which is why I quote to what I respond. It makes it easier to look in ISO :)
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 am

Post by ZazieR »

VP Baltar wrote:Kise can you just give me a bulletpoint list of suspicions against M. Rotten?
In case you have forgotten
Ignore the ''R''
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Kise »

Haven't forgotten. I just don't do favors for those I think are scum. If VP is trying to build up a defense case, then reading Rotten in ISO is his best chance to see for himself the bad shape Rotten left him in.

Contradictions + Bad logic + Helping the mafia's objective = 6 votes against him.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 am

Post by ckool5000 »

roflcopter wrote:general malaise and apathy i would say
Ahem, can someone answer my question from earlier?... In words I can understand?
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:31 am

Post by ZazieR »

ckool5000 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:general malaise and apathy i would say
Ahem, can someone answer my question from earlier?... In words I can understand?
As already said, I don''t know >.<
What I do know is that Mastin''s ''tell'' now applies to himself:
Mastin wrote:
since nobody's here yet.
You're here. I'm here. Kise is lurking (is on the list of players here, but not posting here). Yea, that's somebody at least. :)
Ignore the ''R''
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Haven't forgotten. I just don't do favors for those I think are scum. If VP is trying to build up a defense case, then reading Rotten in ISO is his best chance to see for himself the bad shape Rotten left him in.

Contradictions + Bad logic + Helping the mafia's objective = 6 votes against him.
Oh, Kise, you can stop being bitter anytime. I'm passed where johnny replaced now (I'm on page 21) and I have to say I'm pretty unmoved by the case on him. I agree that his desire for a policy lynch on Mastin is pretty weak, but other than that it is mostly a lot of people going "oh yeah, and Rotten is scummy" without giving much of any new reasoning. I think people saw him as an easy target really.

The reason I asked for a bullet point list is because I wanted to be able to go through and see exactly the charges being levelled against him so I could comment on them if possible. Your complete refusal shows me that you're being lazy and hope this lynch goes through.

Explain "contradictions" and "helping the mafia's objective's", cause I basically just saw a lot of bad logic coming from him.

Also, presuming I live today, who would you like to see lynched and why, Kise?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

kcool wrote:Ahem, can someone answer my question from earlier?... In words I can understand?
http://www.dictionary.com
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Mastin »

Lorithia curse distractions to Darkovia!
Well, at least one of my games where I was focusing my attention is over.
And I've got most of today to work on a post. (Will take a while.)
Once I
-Finish a task in RL,
I have until I
-Go to a Square Dance
to write a post, and after
-Watching the recording of Mythbusters,
I will have all night to work on a post. ;)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hi curiouskarmadog, what do you think about the miller claim, do you believe it? What do you think about Johnny Rotten’s strange play? What do you think about Empking’s Alt’s terrible posts? What do you think about Hayker? What do you think about ckool’s excuses (that he's a newb) ?

roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: hayker
Let's not be getting any ideas from Empking.

roflcopter wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
unvote, vote: hayker
ok... anything else
no. watch your step or it could be you.
???

Mastin wrote:
Kise wrote: I'm waiting for bigger scum-behavior from hayker & FA, but IGMEO them.
Basically, you're saying you don't want to make a case on them yet, and that you want them to act more scummy for you, correct?
(crazy speculation: This could also be a buss put into plan the night before involving them saying something scummy, or maybe even today, if we have daytalking scum. Not unheard of--lynch all lurkers, Tajo planned to buss Zwet, for example.)

That doesn't sit well with me.
I agree.
FoS: Kise
Sounds like scum waiting for town to do something that they can play with.

Mastin wrote:
Wicked wrote:I have noticed that there had been some discussion on who killed the mafia doctor.
Then how'd you miss the part where we said that discussing who killed what is scummy?
What makes you think I missed this?
I sometimes find that piggy-backing is a good thing.
Unless of course they are copying somebody's post word by word.

As for ckools scummy posts, I know he is a newb, but I get a hunch that it is newb scum rather than newb town.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

ZazieR wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:jesus, I thought you said it gets better...it is getting to the point that I can just read mastin's posts, because he comments on every fucking line....on page 9ish
But Mastin is absent for a few pages. That''s what was meant. In those pages, I''m the one with the ''irritating'' poststyle >.<
I can actually relax when reading your posts Zaz, most of your posts have decent content, and they're not long.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

dvdkid13 wrote:well um i havent been very active up to this point as this game is not my main priority, but during the coming week, i'm gonna be out of town and don't know how much access i'm gonna have to the internet so if im not really posting, thats why
Thanks for the contribution dvd. Come to think of it, your only other post was very scummy how you try to get the cop and vig to use their abilities on another player.
Vote: dvd
Explain yourself.

@ckool - Do you think it was not best for Khan to claim miller early in the game if he really was miller? What would you have done if you were miller?

Redith wrote:Woahwoahwoah. Me prodded? D:
Day one ends in like, two weeks. No need for this prodding.
Work is a bummer, and summer work blows.
But I am here.

Reading through the posts I don't see ckool's scuminess.
I guess it might just be me. So unless someone wants to elborate some more, imma go back through, for the 8th time. :/
You have got to be kidding me. :roll:

Empking's Alt wrote:Kise: Why JR?
Wow!!! I don't think I could go so long having all my posts with less than 30 characters.

Faraday wrote:An answer to what? The fact it was an obvious joke? I find it hard to believe this is a legitimate concern of yours.

It is not a legitimate concern of mine. I just wanted to hear your answer.
Faraday wrote:Also why are you so concerned what time people post at?
Because they are always using it as an excuse.

Faraday wrote:P.s. adding "I want an answer" isn't needed. Generally when someone asks a question, they want an answer :roll:
I just wanted you to answer that question.

Lowell wrote:The following players are scummy and need death:
mastin and friends
- here's what bothers me about mastin's playstyle. Every two posts someone is there to quell any suspicion by saying "oh, he ALWAYS does that." Well, if he always does that, and he's not helping town (he really isn't), I don't know what I'm supposed to think other than scum. I have a nagging feeling that this is part of his plan, and I don't like that he seemed to enter with a lot of allies willing to get his back. I didn't record all the specific instances where everyone said stuff like "oh, well, that's mastin for ya' *eyeroll*" but the fact that they're there at all worries me.
Are you saying you basically give up when it comes to figuring out if Mastin is scum and instead just assume he is scum and attempt to lynch him? There is nothing wrong with people clarifying that a person's playstyle is the same as it is in other games.
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Namttam »

Namttam wrote:
Lowell wrote:As a policy I haven't read (nor will I) any of mastin's inane long posts. If anything of import happens in them, I'll rely on others to convey it. I'm torn between voting him or fallen, but for now I'll
vote fallen
How can you have an accurate reading on mastin if you haven't read his posts?
Don't make me have to quote it again.

Now Achilles is gone too. *off-topic*It always seems like the people I am curious about disappear, just in this game I already lost JR. I think people flaking is my greatest annoyance with playing mafia online.***

The JR wagon is useless when there is no JR. I was voting him to get him to talk more but with him gone there is no reason for this. I'm going to
Unvote. Vote: Kublai Khan.
KK responses to Zaz's questioning make's this an easy decision. Why would a resent PM clarify his role if he already had it?
Kublai Khan wrote:My Role PM says Emerald Miller. I assumed that if I was a death miller (or other miller variant), then iamausername would have told me. But if you insist, I'll double check with iamausername.
Kublai Khan wrote:
ZazieR (507) wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
ZazieR (417) wrote:Also, what did the mod say about your question you said you''d ask him?
He re-sent my role PM.
What question did you ask him?
I asked if he could clarify what kind of miller I was (i.e. do I turn up as scum upon death in addition to showing up scum in investigations).
The first quote shows that KK already had the PM, the second shows that the answer to the question(will I turn up as scum at death?) was already in the role PM. If this was true then there would have been no need to ask for more information.
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

good god this game is flying..I trying to get caught up to the now...not sure why people are voting the claimed miller..something must have happened to cause that.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Okay, so rofl said we shouldn't lynch Kublai because of general "mental problems" and "lack of interest"....

That... doesn't make that much sense...
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Wickedestjr wrote: @ckool - Do you think it was not best for Khan to claim miller early in the game if he really was miller? What would you have done if you were miller?
*shrugs* I dunno. If I was miller, I would've looked up what to do, and since that's apparently claim early... well... yeah....

I mean, if Khan was town-ish, cops wouldn't really investigate him, but he's acting pretty scummy in some people's eyes... But they probably got interested at looking closer at his posts
because
he claimed, so I can't be too sure of anything right now...

Why are you asking me this question?
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

I just found something in a thread from another old game. Somebody (a mafia) was posting their mafia talk in the night and what was going through their heads during the day, and one of the things going through their head was:
"Don't pull a Kublai Khan and freak out about the fact that you're confirmed scum in the eyes of two players"

Erm... Don't some of you think for certain that he's scum?... And has he freaked out yet?.....
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Can you believe I got caught up reading in only a two day period. Although it could just be due in large part to slacking at work. Either way, I would say that is what I call service.

Ok, first let me address the "miller" issue. Kublai claimed miller and there is nothing more to worry about here really. As rofl (I believe) said, it will sort itself out long before the game is over. Zazier, you're going way overboard to try and make him look scummy when he really hasn't done anything scummy. Miller vs. Death Miller is a stupid argument and he never really "lied" about anything. Time to get over it and move on.

Next issue is johnny. If someone has an actual point they want me to respond to, then state it. If not, then you'd just sheeping along and hoping my lynch goes through.
-----------------------
First player to be addressed will be the scumbag MafiaMann (sorry, last twelve pages didn't do much in your favor).

First thing I noticed was in post 87.
MM wrote:So im coming to the conclusion that the miller claim does not change anyones opinion on khan?
What was the point of asking this? Looks like you're fishing for the town response to feel out if you should push the Kublai case or not.

then we have post 109:
ckool wrote: Whoa! 5 pages already? Man! I'll read through them all... when I can... But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
By the other mafia faction most likely which leads me to believe they have a mafia doctor as well.
wtf? literally, that is what my note on this post said. Why is it "most likely" a kill by a supposed other faction. What makes you so sure there is one? why does you assuming there is another faction lead you to believe they have a doctor as well?

In post 116 he attempts to explain why he thinks there are two factions:
i believe Mastin mentioned somthing about to mafia factions early on.
Again, what? That's a pretty crappy reason for assuming there are two mafia factions. Here's a more likely answer: you have inside knowledge of the setup.

Around post 357 MM gets into with Hayker and tries to paint him as lying, which he clearly was not. You know who do like to blow things up to be more than they are?Scum.

When Hayker basically proves that he was simply wrong about something and was not lying, MM has to backtrack:
MM wrote:You can say something without it being a fact you said you believed you were most likely wrong but told people it anyway. That is misleading and not helpful.
There is an interesting exchange between MM and kcool around the time of "Hayker coaching" incident. Keep in mind that he had just VOTED HAYKER!

So, as a recap, FA and kcool were having a little spat and Hayker stepped in to say kcool needs to be careful what he says. FA then asks kcool if he's trying to coach.

MM steps in and says:
Maybe hes being helpful?
So, you think the guy that you find scummy enough to vote was just being helpful? Why wouldn't you think he was coaching his partner?

Then FA votes kcool (which looks suspicious on its own). MM questions why he would vote kcool if he really thought Hayker was coaching him.
Your voting Ckool because hayker was advising him?
Once FA shows him he's not backing down from the vote. All the sudden MM "Major FoSs" him, not because of his relation to Hayker (who he finds scummy) but rather for being defensive.
MM wrote:
Major FOS on Ckool

Not for all that other stuff but mainly for post 390.

If your town you shouldnt get so frustrated you should continue scumhunting.
Town do in fact get frustrated. It's not a scumtell really. Nice try to align yourself with the wagon if need be though.

Another good point against MM comes in 509:
I said it was pressure because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
As Zazie pointed out, this is ridiculous. You shouldn't be worried about people taking it the wrong way or seeing you as scummy UNLESS YOU'RE SCUM.

Combine with this the fact that his posts and are often short and he has been playing tentatively all game and you have an open and shut case. Book 'em, Dano.
Vote MafiaMann

-------------
Mastin has been quite annoying most of the game and spamming the thread is a good technique as scum to make you unreadable. Putting so much useless information in your posts and parsing every clause of a sentence makes it so no one can go back and look for your stances on players. Why do you think this is helpful to the town?

Why do you repeatedly bring up how pro-town you are?
Why do you say you try to get into trouble so the town questions you? What is pro-town about this?

Here are a couple more things:
quote="Mastin 291"]You didn't answer one of my questions--

Why didn't you immediately say you were an Emerald Miller?
You initially said just Miller. [/quote]
This is a load of crap and trying to lynch someone on a technicality. KK gave his role not his flavor.
Mastin 291 wrote:It had a purpose, involving how much flavor text you're given in your PM. (Like why you're a miller, why you came to Emerald City, etc. Standard Flavor stuff.)

Fishing for flavor. My role PM doesn't include any of this. I'm willing to lynch you over this alone really.

I probably would have had more points against you but I just got tired of reading your verbal diarrhea after awhile. Like I said before, if you're town it's time to knock it off. If you don't, then please die. I'm asking nicely here.
----------------------------
Now for a special sneak peek into VP Baltar's notes regarding Wicked!
Wicked

Post 251 looks like town appeasement with his opinions, cant' find someone to vote after reading 6 pages! Post 344 is a shitty reason for voting Johnny and says that piggybacking is a good play (ie, excusing his actions).
Perpetually in the mode of "catching up", when will this ever happen?
Post 460 is complete fluff
etc.
-----------------------------
Other people I wouldn't mind seeing catching a case of the dead in the near future include: Redith! Fallen Angel! Achilles!

That is all.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

ckool wrote:Erm... Don't some of you think for certain that he's scum?... And has he freaked out yet?.....
Why are you asking for the town's opinion? You're votes already on him, shouldn't you know the answer to that second question at least?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote: -----------------------
First player to be addressed will be the scumbag MafiaMann (sorry, last twelve pages didn't do much in your favor).

First thing I noticed was in post 87.
MM wrote:So im coming to the conclusion that the miller claim does not change anyones opinion on khan?
What was the point of asking this? Looks like you're fishing for the town response to feel out if you should push the Kublai case or not.
I was trying to find out how what peoples opinions were on the miller thing and if it was worth pursuing. If everyone agreed it was not going to change anything then I wasnt going to wast peoples time with speculation on it.

then we have post 109:
ckool wrote: Whoa! 5 pages already? Man! I'll read through them all... when I can... But first of all, yay! A mafia doctor (or whatever it is) has been eliminated!
By the other mafia faction most likely which leads me to believe they have a mafia doctor as well.
wtf? literally, that is what my note on this post said. Why is it "most likely" a kill by a supposed other faction. What makes you so sure there is one? why does you assuming there is another faction lead you to believe they have a doctor as well?

In post 116 he attempts to explain why he thinks there are two factions:
i believe Mastin mentioned somthing about to mafia factions early on.
Again, what? That's a pretty crappy reason for assuming there are two mafia factions. Here's a more likely answer: you have inside knowledge of the setup.
[/quote]
Um ive been over this a couple time I belive mastin may know somthing and he was hinting at it

Around post 357 MM gets into with Hayker and tries to paint him as lying, which he clearly was not. You know who do like to blow things up to be more than they are?Scum.

When Hayker basically proves that he was simply wrong about something and was not lying, MM has to backtrack:
MM wrote:You can say something without it being a fact you said you believed you were most likely wrong but told people it anyway. That is misleading and not helpful.
[/quote]

Im sorry but if hes stating somthing he believes is incorrect what is helpful about that?

There is an interesting exchange between MM and kcool around the time of "Hayker coaching" incident. Keep in mind that he had just VOTED HAYKER!

So, as a recap, FA and kcool were having a little spat and Hayker stepped in to say kcool needs to be careful what he says. FA then asks kcool if he's trying to coach.

MM steps in and says:
Maybe hes being helpful?
So, you think the guy that you find scummy enough to vote was just being helpful? Why wouldn't you think he was coaching his partner?[/quote]
I dont find anything wrong with advising people on how to play things in future situations.

Then FA votes kcool (which looks suspicious on its own). MM questions why he would vote kcool if he really thought Hayker was coaching him.
Your voting Ckool because hayker was advising him?
Once FA shows him he's not backing down from the vote. All the sudden MM "Major FoSs" him, not because of his relation to Hayker (who he finds scummy) but rather for being defensive.
MM wrote:
Major FOS on Ckool

Not for all that other stuff but mainly for post 390.

If your town you shouldnt get so frustrated you should continue scumhunting.
Town do in fact get frustrated. It's not a scumtell really. Nice try to align yourself with the wagon if need be though. [/quote]
If you panic under pressure it leads someone to believe that they have a reason to be worried about a lynch.

[/quote]

Your post seems to be a lot of defense of ckool as well
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

I butchered the quoting in above post
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Wow VP. I've never really thought of MafiaMann as that suspicious until now...

FoS: MafiaMann
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Well, actually, there's one thing I disagree on VP:
VP Baltar wrote:Another good point against MM comes in 509:
I said it was pressure because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
As Zazie pointed out, this is ridiculous. You shouldn't be worried about people taking it the wrong way or seeing you as scummy UNLESS YOU'RE SCUM.
But don't townies, just like how you said how townies can get frustrated too, also want to avoid being lynched? Unless it brings the town a lot of info or they're a hated townie or something, townies want to not look scummy, so that way people can focus on the people who's actually the probable scum. Townies, just like the mafia, don't really like when people take things the wrong way... In fact, it sort of seems like you're trying to make MM's statement seem weaker than it was!... or something...

But, yeah, whatever. You had lots of good points, and now that I think of it, I'm not 100% sure why I'm still voting for Kublai...
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

VP attacks my suspicion of ckool and ckool does a lot of"good job VP".

Is it a townie just happy happy someones defending him or it looks like to me that they might be connected somehow.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”