Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

MM wrote:I played a game in which a character was given a list of ten things that helped to know.
Link
MM wrote:If you say dont do that next time it directs peoples attention towards it scum would not want to point out their partners scummy behavior.
This is complete WIFOM.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:37 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:
MM wrote:I played a game in which a character was given a list of ten things that helped to know.
Link
MM wrote:If you say dont do that next time it directs peoples attention towards it scum would not want to point out their partners scummy behavior.
This is complete WIFOM.
UHm no it definitely points things out and is thus not scummy to me

heres your link
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1000
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

M'okay. No more jokes (well, some jokes, but more serious stuff.)

I'm relatively new to this forum, so I don't want to stroll into this thread and start wagging fingers without understanding the complexities of peoples' relationships with each other. But in my opinion from the previous 28 pages, it seems to me like there are a LOT of personal grudges and ego battles that are really tainting the game.

Zaz and KK is a great example, it seems clear to me like the two of them just DO NOT like each other. There's absolutely no reason to go around and around in a circle like the two of them have, baiting each other with pretty severe personal comments (
ZazieR is the queen of bullshit and bad arguments
comes to mind) and ridiculous research cases (You've seen mafia claim miller before? Really?) that made a minor issue spiral into one that's taken well over 100 posts of this game.

Mastin is another one - it's clear to me that rofl and VP and Lowell have a personal problem with Mastin and his style. Mastin also seems to have a personal problem of some kind, or is just generically offended, which leads to pointless discussion about his playstyle and it's effectiveness/scummyness.

For the record, my position on the KK/Zaz issue is similar to that outlined by VP above. I think nothing Zaz has brought up has really debunked the story of Got role, expanded on role, asked for confirmation and got original role back, confirming nothing special. You can choose to believe or disbelieve the role claim from this point on, but craplogic like finding examples from other miller claims or pushing about the differences between IRC mafia and forum mafia is just a personal ego battle. And since a D1 claimed miller is never going to get far enough into the game to worry us in the long run, I think it's time we cooled down and at least checked out a wealth of other scumtells and slips that the game has had to offer. (Again, no offense, and I don't know if you guys are bestest buddies around the site, just my impression from reading the game all in one go.)

My opinion on Mastin is that there's little point bitching about his playstyle in game. If you have personal tips for how he could refine his style, post them after or in a different place. This game should be about scumhunting and I think we can all agree that it's not specifically scummy this time given it's a modus operandi he's getting titled for.

Mastin, on the other hand, I'd say you have contradictions in your play, and I hate contradictions. I think you selectively accuse other people of tunnelling while doing so yourself and giving others a free pass. I think saying certain scumtells don't apply to you because you're different is a poor argument (everyone is different - tells remain constant.) I think you accuse others of role of flavour fishing while doing so yourself under the guise of scumhunting. And I also think you post more about how much you scumhunt than you do actually scumhunting. This is not taking away from the fact you are actually hunting, but meh. It's the chocolate chips in a gigantic bowl of vanilla icecream slush that I'm thankful for when I find them, but still wish I could have just fished them out when I feel sick after eating the whole bowl.

Ok - these are the posts that I think didn't get enough attention or really set off my scumdar.

175 Hayker
Hayker wrote:
Faraday wrote:
Hayker wrote:He's scummy because of saying the RVS was over, when it clearly wasn't to the majority of the players.
Why is that scummy?
Looking back, it's not exactly w super scummy thing. Though I don't remember claiming it being super scummy, just that I found it scummy. And I am merely human(I know, it's unbelievable), and can indeed be wrong. As I read more of this game though, I'm thinking he's scummier and scummier, but that is because of his tunnel vision. Going by meta game knowledge that others have, that's normal. But I dan't go basing my opinions oiff of other peoples thoughts.
Hayker just says He's scummy because of saying that, it's not greatly scummy, and I never said it was, I can be wrong, but I think he's more and more scummy. ><. Epic scummy backtrack.
Hayker in 180 wrote:So really I don't know much about that subject, and am currently looking at others opinions on that subject.
*twitch*
Kise 194 wrote:You think there's 2 scum teams? Don't break my heart here Zazie... what do you know???
I hate posts like this. It's clear to anyone speculating about the setup that if there's a 'something' mafia then there's quite probably a 'something else' mafia, especially with 3 night kills. At best it's overzealous clutching at straws, at worst it's a deliberate attempt to put mud on someone for saying what every townie is thinking.

Johnny Rotten's 219 has been mentioned many times, but I'll register my finding it epically scummy. His hypothetical question about a cop targetting KK N0 is odd and points to rolefishing later on.
ZazieR in 232 wrote:Based upon these finished games, I think that there are two scumteams.
I didn't want to quote it all because this post will be long neough without further spam, but she posts 9 links to games to answer a question as to why she thought there were two scum factions. 9 links! This is way too eager to deflect criticism. An answer of 'Duh' would suffice.
Johnny Rotten in 239 wrote:would it make any difference if the cop were to have investigated KK night 0, and then come forward with his result? Would the guilty or not guilty verdict change anything?
Completely don't understand this and find it highly dicey.
kublai in 248 wrote:@Johnny Rotten 219 & 221 - There are so very few compelling reasons to policy lynch. Mastin hasn't come close to any of those reasons.
Coaching. KK could well have known this is a poor argument likely to bring suspicion on JR and tried to get him to drop it like it's hot. Doesn't read as a legit answer to a question to me.
wicked in 251 wrote: I am very glad that you are scum hunting and please continue to do so.
*twitch*
MafiaMann and FA in 256-265ish wrote:Mastin to be fair I was inactive for a long time maybe about 8 out of the 12 months ive been a member.
Mastin- Just because he has been on for about a year doesn't make him experienced. As he said, he was only playing for 4 out of the 12 months. Also, his scumhunting/attempt at it seemed more like stuff in the Road to Rome.

Im slightly insulted to be honest
Not trying to insult you at all. It's mostly just the same type of posting as ckool, IIoA, that makes it seem newbish to me.

Then it did not have the desired outcome
To be honest newbie behavior shouldnt be excused. Id rather lynch a newbie townie then be beaten by a newbie behaving scum. Im a little bit suspicious of you partly writing me off as newbie in some aspects.
And I'm a bit suspicious of your appeal to emotion. I'm not saying newbie behavior should be excused, all I am saying is you seem more like newb-town then newb-scum. Are you condoning your own lynch?
This continues but you get the point. What a lovely little pantomime. That was such a hamfisted little attempt to rid suspicion after a nice bit of buddying and appearing much closer than expected. It does not right true in the least for me. Scummy, yuk yuk.
Mastin in 271 wrote:
policy lynches on players adding contribution (and fucking loads of it) to the game are amazingly stupid.
And a huge mistake, which always ends up only making people angry afterwards and normally go hard after the person who pushed for it
I hate don't vote me or you'll pay threats. Scummy.
mafiamann wrote:Well the less you post the less likely you are to say anything beneficial to the town i have a similar problem but continue to post for 2 reasons.

1. If i dont post im not helping the town this is a bad tactic for any role because any role would at least want to appear to be helping the town,

2. Much of what someone says as town while may appear scummy at the time reveals a lot at your death (assuming you get lynched for "your scummy" behavior)

Hope this helps
*twitch*. Pro-town rhetoric without content, coaching...
Faraday in 312 wrote:And as for KK, I don't like his confusion over his role at all. I think it's much more damning than any slip, btw. Surely if you're a miller you know you're a miller and not a death miller. Like, and if it wasn't clear from the role pm you pm the mod, or well I would Idk I've never been a miller.

So yeh I feel less confident about it now. I've no problem with his non miller related play though, i.e. most of the stuff he's said about people, seems reasonable.
Way to say nothing at all. Scummy? Not scummy? Thinking of voting him? Who knows?
ckool in 318 wrote:I only post a lot when I don't have much to say, then think of something then post it... Then think of something else and post that, and etc
*twitch*
Mafiamann in 321 wrote:I believe it was pointed out several times in slip ups he made in falsehoods in his posts i think he even admitted it.
Not a good reason to hold an opinion. Lazy often = scummy.
dvd in 322 wrote:If kublai is town, then this is the best thing that he could have done. If he is mafia, well who knows. But he should be vig-killed and investigated. So when he is killed,
hopefully cop can claim
and we can figure out the sanity of the cop.
I think this was mentioned a bit, but to me the key thing is the bolded part. Sorry, WHAT? The whole thing to me is bizarre, I think wasting an investigation on the off chance of determining sanity (note: won't even help with paranoid) is bad play anyway, but for the cop to then CLAIM?? Terribad post.
Achilles in 351 wrote:A user asked for the people who hadn't posted much yet to post their opinion, so I figured the best way was to just comment on people who were already under suspicion. I can't think of other people beside the ones who currently have votes who stand out to me a suspicious, so I didn't comment on anyone else.
Wow, shocker. Talk aobut trying to fit in with the crowd.
MafiaMann in 357 wrote:I dont want a lynch on him now but you definitely deserve a vote for telling a lie.
a) no lie.
b) don't want a lynch on him now? Afraid we're going to get swept up in a tsunami of logical power and carry him to the gallows based on your 25 words or less competition entry post? Scummy.
Achilles in 375 wrote:Yes, I'd also like if someone could summarize the arguments against JR. I don't remember reading anything from him that seemed blatantly scummy, but I guess I might be forgetting something.
*twitch*
Our friends MafiaMann and FA in Pantomime 2 @ post 390ish wrote:Hayker? Why are you warning/advising/coaching ckool?
Maybe hes being helpful?

I try not to assume that players that coach each other are helpful (with the exception of ICs in newbie games). Given all the coaching and reasons from post 378, Vote Ckool5000.
Your voting Ckool because hayker was advising him?

Post 390 pretty much confirms it for me.
Major FOS on Ckool
Not for all that other stuff but mainly for post 390.
If your town you shouldnt get so frustrated you should continue scumhunting.

Especially since you only have my one vote on you. If you are town, you shouldn't be phased and give up. If you are scum, by all means do so.
^^^^ Officially not coincidence. Second bizarre pantomime with utterly unbelieveable dialog and reactions for two innocent townies who have no special ties. Deadset scummy.
Achilles in 408 wrote:@ Kublai Khan (376) - At that point I did not have suspicions other then those who currently have votes.

Currently, I'm seeing ckool5000 more and more as scum. I felt 377 was just him trying to post something worthwhile, but 390 and subsequent posts seemed like scumtell.
*twitch*

Worthwhile noting at this point, Kise completely flips on the KK vs Zaz debate. At 288 he was for Kahn and anti-Zaz, at this point he's for Zaz and anti-Kahn. Could be legit, but to me there wasn't a lot to completely reverse your opinion on. Could be opportunistic.
roflcopter in 415 wrote:no. watch your step or it could be you.
Ugh. Hate threatening posts.
redith in 455 wrote:Woahwoahwoah. Me prodded? D:
Day one ends in like, two weeks. No need for this prodding.
Work is a bummer, and summer work blows.
But I am here.

Reading through the posts I don't see ckool's scuminess.
I guess it might just be me. So unless someone wants to elborate some more, imma go back through, for the 8th time. :/
Zero interest in scumhunting. *twitch*
Achilles in 478 wrote:At 311 I was just interested in showing that I wasn't inactive, so I addressed the immediate concerns that I saw. I don't see that as tunneling because I was just posting my thoughts on accusations that others have made.

Unrelated, but if JR is getting replaced, how is the new guy supposed to deal with the suspicion that JR has received. In essence, my question is, are our previous reads on JR valid even though JR is getting replaced for a new guy?
Every time Achilles pops up I twitch like I'm Michael J Fox. Just being interested in showing you're not inactive is utterly unhelpful. Just because JR is getting replaced certainly does NOT waive him of all suspicion thus far attributed. Why on earth would anyone suggest that? Scummmmmmy
Kublai in 574 wrote:ZazieR is the queen of bullshit and bad arguments
The worst of the personal stuff. What I thought had just been a nulltell grudge might have a bit more in it if KK is resorting to that. (although it was yet another irritating 'FEAR MY ACCUSATIONS' post from Zaz.
ZazieR in 623 wrote:Oh, and Mastin, where are you???
Looks like calling for reinforcement after a lukewarm reception to poorly-made case re: miller. Three question marks looks desperate, I *twitched*.
ckool in 642 wrote:I just found something in a thread from another old game. Somebody (a mafia) was posting their mafia talk in the night and what was going through their heads during the day, and one of the things going through their head was:
"Don't pull a Kublai Khan and freak out about the fact that you're confirmed scum in the eyes of two players"

Erm... Don't some of you think for certain that he's scum?... And has he freaked out yet?.....
Relevence? Did you stumble over it by luck or were you doing a meta? Links? This doens't feel right to me.
MafiaMann in 645 wrote:I was trying to find out how what peoples opinions were on the miller thing and if it was worth pursuing. If everyone agreed it was not going to change anything then I wasnt going to wast peoples time with speculation on it.
*twitch*
Mastin in 660 wrote:Rolefishing. I will not answer this question.
You specifically fished for flavour first, and gave examples of flavour possibilities. When it didn't work and someone quesitons why you bring that up, you call them out as rolefishing. Scummy contradiction.
Mastin in 670 wrote:Tunneling.

Utter crap. You think that rofl was tunneling in the 22nd post of the game? There was legitimate content around that was being debated and dismissing it as tunnelling is scummy, especially when you let Zaz off the hook for an epic tunnel that's lasted most of the game. You and Zaz obviously have a friendship of some form but there's a few indicators that it's cloaking a role-relationship as well.
Mastin wrote:Testing a claimed miller to see if he slipped.
I refuse to say (hopefully I didn't already) whether he passed or failed on that flavor matter.
It's OK because it's me. Beginning to be a familiar tune, Mastin.

Ok, so ends the saga of Serial.

I don't have the time or the mental acuity to try to process all of the above information but a few things need to be said about the game overall.

1) FA and MafiaMann win the award for the most obvious relationship between roles. Once could well be a coincidence, but twice - no way.

2) Achilles wins scummiest and my vote.
unvote if necessary, vote: Achilles
I'd urge you all to read him in iso, it's not a pretty sight.

3) There are people coasting with a few, scummy posts. Empking's alt, (yes, I understand the meta but it's anti-town and needs to be discouraged) dvd, redith and Mufasa are all critical offenders and need to step up. More can be added to that list I'm sure, but I think all of those guys need to start posting and start posting content at that.

4) I think some of the more 'famous' players with the bigger egos and more to prove need to try to relax into the game a little and look for the scum, not for the intellectual fight. I honestly don't mean to offend, but I feel it's sidetracking the town away from really scummy targets so I feel like I have to bring it up.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Are you referring to the Scribe thing in that link MM?
YOUR AD HERE

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:12 am

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:Are you referring to the Scribe thing in that link MM?
yes
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Achilles wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: So are you tunneling?
At 311 I was just interested in showing that I wasn't inactive, so I addressed the immediate concerns that I saw. I don't see that as tunneling because I was just posting my thoughts on accusations that others have made.
Can you point out any opinions of players that weren't the main concerns? (If any)

I have a feeling that if Khan were mafia, then he would have claimed to be death miller when asked if he was.

ckool5000 wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: You keep playing the "I'm a noob" card on us and hoping we'll just assume your a newbish townie.
Um... What?!?! How am I playing the "I'm a noob" card?!?! That can't really even be considered a card, can it? I mean, that just makes people more wanting to lynch you, right? All that I saw in that post was you thinking that I was trying to defend myself where I wasn't, and that, in the end, you thought I was doing so many noobish things that I was playing the "I'm a noob" card. Why should I have to defend myself? I've said all I had to say at the time, and I've only got one vote on me anyhow...

Seriously...
You’ve been playing the “I’m a noob card” by constantly saying things like this;
ckool5000 wrote:
reveillark wrote:FoS: ckool5000
Yep, that proves it. The more I post, the more of an idiot I look.
&
ckool5000 wrote:Yep. That confirms it. I should just keep my mouth shut.
These quotes may not necessarily scream "I'm a noob please believe me", but if you are a noob as town, you are a noob as scum as well, which makes that a bad excuse.

Achilles wrote: What self respecting mafia member would want to draw attention to themselves by proposing that a random vote can be scummy?
A noob.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Faraday »

Way to say nothing at all. Scummy? Not scummy? Thinking of voting him? Who knows?
Actually I was clarifying my initial position, where I found him to be pro-town. I believe the confusion over his role is a slight against him, and was scummy.

However overall I felt his play had been pro-town, but was now less confident about his alignment.

I guess that's "saying nothing". Also if I was thinking of voting him I'd have said so. I'd assume saying he's seemed reasonable would indicate that, but obviously I wasn't clear.

Overall I like your entry into the game, and you raise quite a few valid points. I'm not 100% sure who you're talking to in your point 4.

I find the FA/MM point to be a good one, I remembering noticing it the first time, but I didn't note the second one. I'll also agree it does look particularly like a pantomime.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Lowell »

yeah i'm reading like none of these posts.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Mastin »

:)

LONG PAGE! :D

This'll be FUN!
The Mod wrote:Corrected Mastin's vote in vote counts 3 through 14. This is why you shouldn't put a vote in the middle of a gigantic wall of text.
Sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't know that post was so long when I wrote it; I thought the vote would be near the end of the post. Silly Mastin. :roll:
SC wrote:Page 22 and heading for the summit. No oxygen, no supplies, eyes fighting against me, brain shutting down, time running out, but dammit I will watch the sunrise from the top of page 28...

(bottom would be more accurate literally but it doesn't go with the mountain climbing metaphor. Poetic licence and all)
Lol. You really
are
bored, aren't you? :P
VP wrote:It is indeed a ridiculous stretch.
I point out the possibility. I admit that it's doubtful, but would you rather have me ignore a potential scumslip?
You're complaining about me not doing enough scum hunting; comments such as that one are how I do mine.
This is the kind of thing I'm talking about in your posts.
No, it's not--you're talking about fluff.
This wasn't fluff.
Why even mention it when you should well know that it means nothing?
I mentioned it because it was a possible scumslip.
What more do I need?
Why not attack him over having like two posts all game and saying absolutely nothing, that makes much more sense.
Because, in a game of this size and with as active posters as we have here, that level of activity is nothing to be suspicious of.
Also, do you really consider things like this scumhunting?
How is pointing out a possible scumslip NOT scum hunting?
You were the one rolefishing in the first place.
I was trying to bait Kublai Khan, someone who had already claimed, into revealing something which would make his claim obviously fake (too much flavor, too little, inconsistent flavor, etc). I have explained that I refuse to elaborate on if he got it correct, because it'd be anti-town to do so.
You asked why Kublai Khan did not include a bunch of flavor things in his miller claim. Did you not?
I was scum hunting, with a trap for possible scum.
I'm going to break down the jist of what happened with the miller claim since you guys seem to be losing focus because of it.
I have a strong distaste for summaries such as this:
They only convey part of the message.
They seem to cut out vital details and overlook key facts.

I much prefer elaborating, going over it all, and then giving a summary of the points later on as best as I can, but even then, it's clear that I don't get the entire message across in my summaries.
(On a side-note, it's a scum tell to quote the summaries I make and use the summary as the entire logic behind the statement/conclusion from it when the entire argument does it better than the summary, in my opinion.)
-You guys begin to press him about the miller claim for some reason and he says he's a "regular Emerald miller". So, he included his flavor along with his role this time.
Emerald isn't flavor--

If I see people fail to state they're an "Emerald *role*" when they claim, they're scum. Look at the bodies we have--

Emerald Townie.
Emerald Jailkeeper.
Cerulean Doctor.

See the difference?

Emerald reflects role.
If people fail to state they're an "Emerald *role*", then they're scum, who forgot this little detail.

Khan did.
And then, later--AFTER having been called out for it--includes the Emerald part.
People flip over this. Again, for what reason I don't know. He claimed the same exact thing, just with flavor this time.
It wasn't flavor.
It was a key detail of a supposed role PM.

Which he "left out".
More like didn't get.
(As in, he's Mafia, faking miller.)
Now people ask him what kind of a miller he is even though he already said he's a regular miller. He decides to PM the mod for clarification because of his IRC business and
apparently you guys have made him unsure.
One should NEVER be unsure of their role. If you have a question,
ASK DURING THE NIGHT.
We have all of Night Zero to clarify details like this.
If I were a miller, I'd definitely ask any question regarding the type of miller I am during the Night Zero chat.
It's the best time to do things.

He didn't. He got confused; he got called out for it.

You're defending/buddying up to Kublai Khan, and doing it a lot, VP.

The fact that Khan has only two active defenders (VP, Lowell. Rofl did so earlier, but hasn't truly defended Khan other than for the fact that he claimed at exactly the right time and gave reasoning why the claim doesn't work as scum) is more proof in my eyes that Khan's scum, and that his defenders are his scumbuddies.
-The mod PMs him his role right back. ie, it says regular miller so that is what you are.
This was NOT specified.
While I agree that he shouldn't have doubted his status as a regular miller because that is what his PM said,
If you agree with the scum tell,
Why aren't you voting for him, then?
(I'm voting for you because I think you're more likely to be scum than even Khan.)
you guys have to keep in mind that you were the ones badgering him about if he was a death miller or not.
Testing his claim.
He failed.
His grade was well below 50%, an F-.
Prior to that, I saw no suggestion from him that he could have been anything else than a regular miller.
Again, we tested him. He failed because of
-The fact that he said regular Miller, not Emerald Miller,
and
-The fact that he was confused about being a death/normal miller.
You're being revisionist and using confirmation bias Zazie.
Zaz does, admittedly, seem to be tunneling a bit. However, she is also raising excellent, well-founded, logical points which I agree with.
(You might Blame the fact that, while my posts are longer than hers, if it weren't for that fact, we'd have very, very similar posts.)
Your vote hasn't even moved the entire game has it?
So, what?
What's the problem with voting your top suspect?
Not moving a vote the entire game is NOT something to attack another for. It just shows that they haven't changed their suspects.
(Which, in my opinion, is a pro-town thing to do. I consider it a SERIOUS scum tell to overnight change opinions on a player without power role influence.)
I think you've had some good questions put to other players in this game, but you haven't really followed up on much because you're stuck on the miller thing.
She's not "stuck" on anything. She's pursuing someone who has made scumslips, and who has shown inconsistency in his claim.
That's scum hunting for you.
I don't personally feel
he's as
obv
scum
as you are making him out to be
See emphasis.
He says he doesn't think that Khan's Obv scum as Zaz says.

That doesn't mean he doesn't think Khan is scum. In fact, to me, it implies that he DOES think that Khan is scum, just not
obvious
scum--yet defends him, anyway.

Anyone else notice this?
I sure did.
and I would suggest you at least go through some of your exchanges and look at the perspective of KK being town and be a bit objective about it.
I have done so occasionally. No matter how I look at it, I can't see Khan as town. He keeps on coming off as scum. (Same with you, VP. I prefer to hold back on PBPA's at this point in time, and don't do summaries of suspicions without a PBPA most of the time, so if you want the accusations against you, it'll be a huge PBPA-style post. I think we can both agree that this would be, at this time, a waste of time and effort.)
If he still looks like scum to you, then by all means keep your vote.
Yea...you look like scum to me, VP, as does Khan, specifically, you look like buddies with Khan.
Also, do you really think a claimed miller in a large game is going to be able to ride that claim to victory?
Old news. Rofl said this already. I think it was a tactical error from Khan, who didn't think of the consequences a miller claim would have, and he's forced to defend himself now.
Even if he is scum, he put a big target on his back and would likely have multiple killing factions gunning for him tonight.
Exactly why it was a tactical error, one which Khan likely overlooked.
Say we didn't lynch him today, who would you like to see go to the gallows?
I want you dead before Khan. Your flip would prove my theory about the defenders of Khan being scum when you flip scum, and make it more likely that Khan's scum as well.
Mastin, why are you constantly trying to compare yourself to Zaz?
Because if I didn't insist on longer posts, we'd have nearly identical playstyles.

Zaz is a player who I hold VERY high respect for. (Did you read the link for Polygamist? All three of my scum partners there are players who I respect and admire.)
You really think this is a valid scumtell?
The way a replacement request is worded?
Heck f-ing yes.
What grounds do you have for doubting johnny had RL issues?
This is
NOT
what I was saying
--VP is conveniently leaving out a VERY important part of the quote!
Mastin wrote:Unforseen my @*censored* (
Johnny might have true real-life difficulties
[not any sort of a tell; we all have issues]
; I'm commenting on the actual wording).
Every time I've seen a player
word their replacement request in this way
, they've been scum. <_<

(Want examples?)
Note the emphasized parts. I was saying there's no reason to doubt Johnny had Real Life Issues--but it's the WAY the request was worded to be suspicious of.
VP wrote:Perhaps you can sum up the case.
Me?
Sum things up?

In theory, possible.
In reality, summaries only convey part of the message; I can't deliver it all without doing a PBPA.
I've asked people multiple times now and have seen nothing of substance beyond him wanting to policy lynch you.
They can, if they want to. I won't, because that'd be a full-blown PBPA on both you and Johnny.
I've yet to see that.
And this comment is why you are scum.
People who fail to see how I am scum hunting, and how I have caught scum before with this tactic, will be far more likely to be scum--especially when I am targeting THEM.
In fact, it seems more like you spraying buckshot and hoping something hits.
What's with people and their shotgun metaphors? :/
(You'd be surprised how many times this accusation has been made.)
I think if you were more focused you'd be more effective, but that's just my opinion.
Focusing:

Commenting on only my suspect's posts and taking the automatically most scummy interpretation in order to push for their lynch.
Current primary target: VPB.

Still want me to focus, VP? That's how I would.
What is the point of saying this?
A warning to the rest of the town that you're a darn-good scum player. (And a request for your town meta for comparison.)
It looks like you are trying to make the town afraid of me or something.
There's that referring to the town in third person thing, again, which is a scum tell.
What other scum game did you see me in?
I saw you in Inventor, and I thought you were town there. I saw you in an ongoing game, thought you were town. I have heard via your nomination for Best Newbie that in your first game, as scum, you played very well. And if I looked at your posts there, I'm sure I'd think you were town there as well.
Also, you can find links to my town games in my wiki.
I find it to be a slight town tell to post the links yourself, and a slight scum tell to not.

(You failed that test.)
Because that is where I first posted to say hi.
The logical thought process is to go to page one, post your hi message from there, and then go back to page one to start rereading. It's what I've always done. Because it makes sense to me.
I also wanted to see who was being voted and by who so I could compare it to the progression throughout the game.
Iso-mod does this better than anything else.
You're saying you would not do something like that upon replacing in?
I go to the first page and immediately start reading. When I reach the bottom of the first page, I type in the Quick Reply box my Hi, hello, etc. post and then get to page two.
It's how the french abbreviate monsseuir.
Anyone else speak French? Can they verify this?
Also, are you being serious?
If there's no smiley, then I'm serious. (If there is one, well, more likely than not, I'm not.)
Do you consider this scumhunting?
How is pointing out a potential scumslip NOT scum hunting, VP?
I'm pretty sure he said that he would be ceasing to post content because you guys were acting ridiculous.
I know, but it's concerning to me. I do not recall seeing this attitude from rofl in the past.
Also, you should appreciate his meta since that seems to be your excuse constantly.
The fact that it is concerning to me is proof that I do--I haven't heard of rofl doing this in the past, and do not recall having seen it, either.
I'll believe it when I see it.
You HAVE seen it--you just don't like what's there: I'm scum hunting YOU. I've got you pegged as scum, most likely have your buddies down as well.
I won't deny there are some good points in some of your posts,
Odd, that you say this, when most of my points are against you and Khan.
Scumslip?
but there is also a lot of unnecessary fluff that makes the good points seem few and far between.
I respond to fluff with fluff. Other than that, I might make a fluff response occasionally, but not often. Most of my posts are filled with scum hunting. You're just afraid to see it.
I don't want to read a post that takes me an hour.
It takes me less than ten minutes to read my longest posts in this game, VP. And I'm a slow reader, compared to most.
I have a life.
So do I. And yet, I still manage to type up these posts which take ten times longer to type than to read, and read others' long posts, and do this all in multiple games.
If you cut the fluff out and actually focused on a handful of suspects it would actually be considered scum hunting to me.
Alright, I'll cut the fluff out in my responses. I'll focus on you and Khan, a handful of suspects. I'll scum hunt against my primary suspects and make good, logical cases against them.

Really, VP--you're making it sound like you WANT for me to attack you harder.
Like I said before, you are just responding to every little detail
Leaving no slips not pointed out...
and a great deal
Actively contributing...
of it is unnecessary spam.
My posts are scum hunting. Not spam.
Having 40% of your post be composed of it is something else altogether.
My recent posts have almost no fluff in them. Not near this mythical 40%.
How am I buddying with rofl by stating an opinion that I think his playstyle is more effective than yours?
How is it not buddying to complement another person's playstyle, and essentially say they're correct in everything?
My point was saying that your posting style is not as pro-town as you think.
It is, too.
-Having fun has nothing to do with that.
You essentially asked why I insist on having long posts, wanting to know what's so pro-town about them. This being the weakest of my reasons for doing them, I listed it first.
-We would have got out of the RVS either way,
I got us out quickly. Like, seriously quickly, with this playstyle.
I got us playing the game.

The RVS would drag on for pages more if not for me.
and you are inflating your own self-importance on this matter.
Do you deny that it's good to get out of the RVS?
-What scum hunting is in there is indeed pro-town, I agree.
Again, almost all of my scum hunting has been on you and Khan.

If it's pro-town, then you're essentially admitting you're mafia.
-How are my reactions suspect?
Because your reactions are NOT the pro-town reactions to my post. I will NOT specify specifics, because it will allow you to adjust your playstyle to avoid it. I want you to continue digging your hole deeper with your reactions to me.
Your posting style is in fact ANNOYING.
I know. And pointing it out once is alright.

[follow-up statement self-edited out]
Explain to me how finding it annoying is scummy.
To do so would mean that you would no longer make this mistake, and you'd try to be more pro-town with it.
-And so on is not a point.
Most of the other points after that are too minor/repetitive for me to list.

Hence, "And so on".
As much as you would like to believe you two post the same, you do not.
Besides the fact that I have lots of long posts, and she has lots of short posts, what makes us that different, VP?
Her posts, while plentiful, are nicely broken up and are salient.
Her posts are small, and smaller posts are easier to organize.
Yours are a jumbled mess.
On the contrary, they are very organized. They are as organized as I can make a long post be.
When she does post fluff, it is in a separate post I can just skim over an ignore. Yours is all jumbled together and unfocused.
Helpful hint:

Whenever you see a smiley in my posts, it's a safe assumption that it's most likely fluff and can be skipped.
I never post fluff without a smiley.

You can skim over my fluff if you know what to look for.
Yours is all jumbled together and unfocused.
Not really. I put my points in a chronological order. The order that they were posted. How hard is it to follow along with that?
See the difference?
Not really. Nothing besides the long posts seems any different than it did before.
And again I ask you why you are constantly trying to link yourself to Zazier?
1: Ignore the 'R'. (Yes, I pay attention, Zaz. ;))

2: Because, like I said, I see extreme similarities in styles and opinions. The only thing I see different is that my posts are longer, and slightly less plentiful.
Because I think lynching a claimed miller over bad points on day one is a stupid play?
Because of
-The things I've pointed out in this post
-The extreme defending of Khan
-The slight case of a possible chainsaw defense (this is one of the reasons why I want you lynched. This tell only applies if one of the two flips scum, so if you flip scum, you were chainsaw defending Khan.)
-General scummy play, which would be best explained by a lengthy PBPA.
How much stock do you really put in this theory?
I'm over 90% sure that one of you three is scum. 75% sure that at least two are, and about 60% for all three.

A great deal.
you clearly have a loose definition of scum hunting.
You clearly have a loose definition of "spam".
If you say it enough it must be true!
The problem with this statement is,
It's not just me saying it.
SEVERAL people have said it, and confirmed it to be true.
At best it's anti-town.
Oh, I admit, I can see how it could be anti-town.

But I also see why it is pro-town.
Again, people have lives.
And, again, it takes less than ten minutes on average to read my posts. (This one, I can understand if it's longer. Half an hour, max.)
Most do not want to stare at the computer for an hour or more just to read your posts and then have to make a post themselves.
It takes half an hour, absolute max, for me to read my longest posts on this site.
You don't even include a tl;dr of your main points.
I do, most of the time. I haven't, because I--again--suck at summaries and when I do do the tl;dr version, I always feel as if part of the conclusion, the summary, is missing.
I don't blame anyone for skimming your posts.
Skimming's fine.

Ignoring's not.
-Some things aren't worth commenting on.
Yes, they are.
-Not if people have to fish through a 1500 word post for a slip.
People not reading my posts is their problem. If--as mafia--I made a slip, and people failed to notice it due to their own laziness, it's THEIR PROBLEM FOR BEING
LAZY
Also, this is entirely WIFOM
Obviously, you have not checked up on my meta. I've stated this to be the case since 742.
-Detailed without any kind of focus.
The only greater focus I can give would be to comment even heavier on my top suspects and come to the conclusion that is the scummiest. You don't want me to focus.
-Easy reference for who though?
I can easily hyperlink people to the posts with my summed up thoughts on multiple players. Zaz uses multiple hyperlinks for her multiple posts; I can use a single hyperlink for all of my points.
Say someone flips scum and I as a town person want to find your interactions with that person later.
Not hard to do. I provide my suspicions in almost all of my posts.
It becomes almost impossible because of the sheer disorganization of your posting style.
It becomes super-easy, because it becomes obvious who my suspects are in any given post. (You, Khan, and Lowell currently hold spots #1, 2, and 3, respectively.)

If you want my opinions on who is town, those are far and fewer, because I dislike stating this too often--gives scum targets and all that. I'll occasionally state someone who I think is solidly pro-town all the way through, but usually, it'll be in a matter of debate between that player and another, making it an indirect accusation against the other player being scum.
-Freedom to do what?
Freedom's freedom. I can do anything with freedom.

Generally, though, it gives me the freedom to scum hunt however I wish to.
Things you repeatedly bring up again and again to insinuate how pro-town you are:
Okay, let's shoot these all down, one by one.
most scumtells are null against such a "unique" individual like you,
This is me saying that they're NULL tells. Meaning NOT SCUM,
BUT ALSO
NOT
TOWN AS WELL
you claim sole responsibility for moving the game out of RVS,
So, what? It might be a pro-town action to do, but it's a null tell; I'd do it regardless of alignment.
you inflate your importance in moving the discussion along,
I got us discussing. That's, again, a pro-town action (why I listed it as pro-town to do),

But something that I'd do regardless of alignment. Making it a null tell.
you are scumhunting so very very much.
Explain to me how good scum hunting isn't pro-town.
No town player
No True Scotsman fallacy.
should have to be constantly referencing these things and their actions should speak for themselves.
The thing is, I'm not.
I insist that most of these things are null tells.
That means null--NOT SCUM, NOT TOWN.
Do you have worries that yours do not?
My actions are always pro-town in nature. They might be seen as anti-town to others, but they've also got the pro-town side of the coin as well. It's a null tell, though, my posting style.
Orly? Care to explain what 'Emerald' does to affect someone's role?
I WILL lynch anyone who fails to specify they're an Emerald *role*. Because if they fail to specify they're an Emerald, then they're forgetting a key detail in their PM. Meaning, they're scum, not an Emerald.

Khan failed to do it initially. Which is why I think he's scum, amongst other reasonings. (I think you're scum even more, though, VP.)
I call BS.
You call, testing a claim to see if he slips, to be BS?

Yea, right.
You're defending Khan heavily by attacking me.
And Zaz.
And everyone attacking Khan, for that matter.
You were rolefishing.
I NEVER rolefish. I was asking for details from SOMEONE WHO HAD ALREADY CLAIMED, as a trap.
And you tried to call Hayker a rolefisher for calling you on it.
Hayker asked me, someone who has NOT claimed, for what flavor I have.
THAT is rolefishing.
I asked someone who had claimed the details of their flavor, as a trap.
That is NOT rolefishing.
wtf? Explain this please.
This:
Like I said before, if you're town it's time to knock it off.
If you don't, then please
die
That's blackmailing.
Because clearly I think he is more suspicious.
Considering how much you're quoting me?
Not buying it.
Seems like OMGUS and weaksauce against my predecessor more than anything.
I made clear, logical arguments against Johnny. I just won't summarize them because a summary loses part of the message.
I apologize for the long post.
Not at all. I enjoyed it. ;)

Ah, and all that from mostly only VP's post. :)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Mastin »

I'm worse. I've held back. If you saw me at full strength...

(Read: If you see me posting a warning that a post is over thirty pages in Microsoft Word, RUN. For your life. :P)

Lowell buddies to VP.
Khan wrote:Are you a Lyncher by any chance?
1: Rolefishing. (I don't care if it's an anti-town role; it's not a scum role, hence, not true scum hunting.)

2: This is a baseless accusation with no evidence to back it up.
ZazieR and Mastin jumped on and demanded more information than I had ("What kind of Miller?!").
This seems to contradict with what you said earlier--didn't you mention knowing what type of Miller you were?
Of course that hasn't stopped ZazieR and Mastin from screaming "scumslip!" loudly and often in some sort of bizarre belief that repitition creates truth. (Note: Politicians and Pundits do the same thing.) Trying to create an artificial reality is a scum-tell.
1: You're repeating yourself right now, and making that "artificial reality". Your own scum tell now applies to yourself. Hypocrisy.

2: You show far too many inconsistencies for me to believe your claim. You stance of certain things are scummy, and you've shown inconsistencies/hypocrisy/scum tells from things not even related to your miller claim.
Eh? Link?
Eh, probably referring to your play in 742. There was a noticeable difference in play between the pre-cop and post-cop claim, panicking under the realization that there was a guilty on you.
How is that a change?
Because, as shown, there is a clear difference between Emerald and not-Emerald.
Emerald *role*--town.
Not Emerald *role*--Cerulean or the other mafia faction.

Failure to even specify the Emerald part is a scum tell, because you're forgetting a VERY KEY DETAIL of your role PM.

Let me put it this way:
Compare these two claims:
"I'm a roleblocker. I blocked XX night zero, because he said he'd kill me if he got a killing role."
"I'm an Emerald Roleblocker. I blocked XX night zero, because he said he'd kill me if he got a killing role."

Which of those two looks more legit?

Definitely the latter, to me.
First, let's start with basic common sense.
The charge has been made. You failed to specify a detail of your supposed role PM, a VERY KEY FACT.

Failing to specify that you're an Emerald *role* means that either
-You're lying about your role, (This would be the case for you, Khan, as there's no way to be a Mafia Miller--that's a godfather.)
or
-You have said role, but forgot to specify Emerald in your claim.

Emerald is essential in your claim.
You failed to put it in there, and AFTER BEING CALLED OUT, you changed it to Emerald Miller.
There's no such thing as a SK-Miller because that would be retarded.
Eh, by default, I like to think of Serial Killers as showing up as innocent to cops. Blame EM.
So all that's left is townie (or Emerald) miller.
Look, there are multiple reasons scum could fail to specify Emerald.
Let's use that roleblocker example, again.
Let's also assume it's a Cerulean roleblocker.

Stating that he's a roleblocker isn't a lie--it's just forgetting that he's supposed to lie and say "Emerald Roleblocker".

But what if he were, say, a Cerulean goon?
If he wanted to claim miller, he'd claim miller. Not thinking about the Emerald phrase that a pro-town player's PM would have.

---
You see, there are multiple ways scum could forget to add the Emerald phrase. Simply put, it's very doubtfully going to be in their PM's; it's safe to assume that they'll have *Mafia faction's Name* *Role*, because that's what the mod is revealing roles as.
(See: Cerulean Doctor)
Unless Mastin is trying to claim that there are multiple townie factions or independent survivors in this game.
Not only is this 1: Baseless speculation,
but it's aslo
2: Rolefishing.
In which case his insistence that there is a difference between "miller" and "Emerald Miller" implies that he has a greater knowledge of the game setup than I do. As such, I believe it's a slip on Mastin's part. A scummy slip.
Again, this is completely baseless, obviously false speculation. I am making a point involving the slip on your part--failing to specify the Emerald.

Your role has nothing to do with it. It could be Roleblocker, Jailkeeper, or Vig for all I care.
Failing to specify the Emerald part is a HUGE scumslip.
It's not inconsistent unless you can prove that there is potential for "non-Emerald" Millers.
I don't have to.
If you're mafia, you wouldn't even THINK to add the Emerald phrase to WHATEVER you claim, be it Miller, Vig, your actual mafia role, etc.
Are you kidding me?
No.
Why the fuck aren't people voting for Mastin???
Because it isn't scummy.

If I give evidence to support that my supposed "scummy activity" is really just a null tell from me, then it's no longer a scum tell, and can be ignored, because it's my natural playstyle, a null tell, and not a scum tell.

This is true for ANY player.

For example, you could say that voting for a no-lynch at the beginning of a game is a HUGE scum tell. Yet if the person always does that at the beginning of their games, it's no longer a scum-tell; it's a null tell.

It's simple metagaming logic.

Got a problem with that?
Am I literally the only one that sees this as scummy?
Yes. You are; there's nothing to see in me stating a simple metagaming fact.

Zaz is good.
Far wrote:Moving on, it seems Vp Valtar is town,
Not to me. VP has topped my scumdar for his posts this game, and add to that, Johnny's play. (I'll work on that PBPA if you REALLY want to know the accusations against you THAT badly, VP.)
That's like the biggest stretch ever mastin.
But it is possible, nonetheless, Far.
Baltar looks obv town to me, and the Johnny Rotten wagon itself was weird.
Odd, to me, he looks obv scum, and the wagon was fueled by legitimate reasons, albeit mostly unexplained by the voters. ("All the reasons have already been said"<--Most common reason for bandwagonning Johnny.)
Lowell also looks quite good from memory.
Odd, Far, that you think two of my top three suspects look good...
I agree w/ the earlier rofl post about why miller claim won't let him live to endgame.
The question is:

Did KHAN, the person MAKING the claim, know about it before rofl said it?
If not, then he easily could've done it, thinking it was the correct move, but later realized too late that it was a tactical error.

While I disagree with many of the points in here, this post was incredibly pro-town.
SC wrote:Mastin, on the other hand, I'd say you have contradictions in your play, and I hate contradictions.
My play is consistent, if you know what you're looking for.
I think you selectively accuse other people of tunnelling while doing so yourself and giving others a free pass.
I have not tunneled. I have merely found three, very linked players who have had some extremely scummy comments.
I think saying certain scumtells don't apply to you because you're different is a poor argument (everyone is different - tells remain constant.)
But I'm even MORE different than an average player...
I think you accuse others of role of flavour fishing while doing so yourself under the guise of scumhunting.
It was a trap, on a player already claimed.
Those rolefishing me are asking for information from me, when I have not claimed.
Coaching. KK could well have known this is a poor argument likely to bring suspicion on JR and tried to get him to drop it like it's hot. Doesn't read as a legit answer to a question to me.
The fact that he was coaching Johnny, who was later replaced by VP, is further proof of why Kublai and Johnny are scum together.
I hate don't vote me or you'll pay threats. Scummy.
This was not the case. Me simply stating facts.
NOBODY has ever gotten away from an accusation on me without later regretting it.
-They'll face walls of text
-IF they get me lynched, they'll often be lynched the next day
-And other such various regrets.
You specifically fished for flavour first, and gave examples of flavour possibilities. When it didn't work and someone quesitons why you bring that up, you call them out as rolefishing. Scummy contradiction.
No. Augmentation.
I was laying a scum trap for flavor on someone ALREADY CLAIMED.
Hayker then rolefished me, trying to mimic my action.
Utter crap. You think that rofl was tunneling in the 22nd post of the game?
Of course he was. His meta supports him doing that.

Why wouldn't I be thinking rofl was tunneling with the attacks of that kind on me?
There was legitimate content around that was being debated and dismissing it as tunnelling is scummy
We were still in the RVS, SC.
Rofl was tunneling.
especially when you let Zaz off the hook for an epic tunnel that's lasted most of the game.
Zaz has made very good points against Khan, who has NOT responded well to them.
While it might be a bit of a case of confirmation bias, I think that Zaz has hit the mark against Khan.
It's OK because it's me. Beginning to be a familiar tune, Mastin.
So?
It's true; I can support it with meta.
What's the problem with that?

Caught up to my last post. :D
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

MafiaMann wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
@MM

So how does this put pressure on somebody:
MafiaMann wrote:
Vote Hayker

I dont want a lynch on him now but you definitely deserve a vote for telling a lie.
And you still haven''t answered why you''d say that your vote was for pressure when that would take away the possible pressure your vote could have had.
I said it was pressure because i was worried people would take it the wrong way and say I was being too aggressive.
You shouldn't worry about people being suspicious of you unless you are scum. I'm sure people would have understood that you were going after him to give him pressure.
Achilles
Achilles
Goon
Achilles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Achilles »

posting to show I'm here. I'll be catching up over the weekend
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Mastin, I'm not going to go tit for tat with you for the sanity of everyone in this game. So, I will sum it up for you: you're wrong. A lot.

Some things that should be mentioned as to how scummy Mastin is:
Mastin wrote:I was trying to bait Kublai Khan, someone who had already claimed, into revealing something which would make his claim obviously fake (too much flavor, too little, inconsistent flavor, etc). I have explained that I refuse to elaborate on if he got it correct, because it'd be anti-town to do so.
^^This is called entrapment at best, but I reiterate my feelings that you were rolefishing.
Mastin wrote:I have a strong distaste for summaries
Really? I wouldn't have guessed.

Emerald is not a role, nor does it affect role. Learn what flavor is. kthx
Mastin wrote:The fact that Khan has only two active defenders (VP, Lowell. Rofl did so earlier, but hasn't truly defended Khan other than for the fact that he claimed at exactly the right time and gave reasoning why the claim doesn't work as scum) is more proof in my eyes that Khan's scum, and that his defenders are his scumbuddies.
This makes no sense. I have no problem defending Khan because HE'S MOST LIKELY A MILLER. If I'm wrong then so be it. You clearly don't know my scum meta if you think I defend my buddies.
Mastin wrote:Zaz does, admittedly, seem to be tunneling a bit.
Just a bit?
Mastin wrote:He says he doesn't think that Khan's Obv scum as Zaz says.

That doesn't mean he doesn't think Khan is scum. In fact, to me, it implies that he DOES think that Khan is scum, just not obvious scum--yet defends him, anyway.

Anyone else notice this?
I sure did.
Are you serious?
You need to die for repeatedly accusing people of things that they are clearly not saying.

Also, why the hell are you responding to points I put to Zazier anyhow?
mastin wrote:What's with people and their shotgun metaphors? :/
(You'd be surprised how many times this accusation has been made.)
I'm not surprised at all BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.
Mastin wrote:There's that referring to the town in third person thing, again, which is a scum tell.
Everyone, please note that Mastin says that me referring "the town" is a scumtell by referring to "the town". :roll:
Mastin wrote:I saw you in Inventor, and I thought you were town there.
I don't know what game this is, but I'm pretty sure I was not in it.
Mastin wrote:The fact that it is concerning to me is proof that I do--I haven't heard of rofl doing this in the past, and do not recall having seen it, either.
I've seen him lurk. It's part of his meta. Plus you are making this game very boring for everyone else. I don't blame him at all.
Mastin wrote:Odd, that you say this, when most of my points are against you and Khan.
Scumslip?
Yep, in the 25 pages of epistles you've written, most of the points were about me, a player who has been in the game for two days. You sure got me. :roll:
Mastin wrote:Really, VP--you're making it sound like you WANT for me to attack you harder.
You're not doing a very good job thus far. Better try harder.
Mastin wrote:Again, almost all of my scum hunting has been on you and Khan.

If it's pro-town, then you're essentially admitting you're mafia.
Are you seriously this stupid or are you just trying to be irritating?
Mastin wrote:Because your reactions are NOT the pro-town reactions to my post. I will NOT specify specifics, because it will allow you to adjust your playstyle to avoid it.
or because they don't exist.
-----------------------------------------------------
Let me show you how to be succinct Mastin. I criticized you for always insinuating how pro-town you are:
VP wrote: Things you repeatedly bring up again and again to insinuate how pro-town you are:
And I give you a nice little summarized list that is easy to read.
You say:
Mastin wrote:Okay, let's shoot these all down, one by one.
Then you say:
Mastin wrote:I do not....Blah Blah Blah
And finally you say:
Mastin wrote:My actions are always pro-town in nature.
I rest my case.
Mastin wrote:I made clear, logical arguments against Johnny. I just won't summarize them because a summary loses part of the message.
And the lack of anyone on the Johnny wagon being able to bring an actual summary of the points against him continues.
Mastin wrote:NOBODY has ever gotten away from an accusation on me without later regretting it.
^^Everyone please note Mastin trying to scare you into not voting him....now proceed to vote him please.

------------------------
tl;dr

Just scroll through Mastin in post 708 and 709 to see all of the complete BS he is accusing people of.

Here is why you should be voting for Mastin:
-He was fishing for flavor
-He is spamming the thread so you do not take time to read his posts
-He repeatedly asserts how pro-town he is and rather than defending he claims that most scumtells are null against him
-He has refused more than once to summarize any points against JR
-He has misrepped many many people in this thread
-He's OMGUSing anyone who disagrees with him

If you agree with these points please
Unvote, Vote Mastin

Could the following people please explain whether or not you think Mastin is town based on the above points (not necessary if you simply vote):

Faraday, MafiaMann, roflcopter, Lowell, ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000, Namttam, Kise, reveillark, Mufasa, fallen angel, Wickedestjr, Achilles, curiouskarmadog, dvdkid13, Redith, Hayker.

That is all.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #16=-

Hayker (4) - Faraday, MafiaMann, roflcopter, Lowell
Kublai Khan (4) - ZazieR, Empking's Alt, ckool5000, Namttam
VP Baltar (3) - Kise, Mastin, Mufasa
Mastin (2) - Kublai Khan, VP Baltar
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel
dvdkid13 (1) - Wickedestjr
Achilles (1) - SerialClergyman

Not Voting (5) - Achilles, curiouskarmadog, dvdkid13, Redith, Hayker

11 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Kise »

Jesus
Christ
Kise... Sorry guys, but I'll catch up when I'm back home.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Vp brings off a lot of good points against mastin that several people were just ignoring because its his play style im glad some took the time to look but if he is like that always its a null tell.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Fishing for flavor, misrepping, OMGUSing tons of people, and claiming your actions are always pro-town are solid scumtells that I am quite sure he does not do all the time.
YOUR AD HERE

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

VP Baltar wrote:Fishing for flavor, misrepping, OMGUSing tons of people, and claiming your actions are always pro-town are solid scumtells that I am quite sure he does not do all the time.
Im fairly sure the last one might be his play style. The first 3 i agree with
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

What makes you fairly sure of that?

Also, voting Mastin is pro-town.
YOUR AD HERE

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: mastin
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by roflcopter »

a viable wagon on mastin was all i needed to come back to voting him
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Hey guys, I'm on vacation, so I won't be as active as I havce been earlier.
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i explained a long time ago exactly why we're not lynching khan. everyone who keeps trying to do so, please read the thread.
soi soi soi

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:02 pm

@Faraday

Your post was confused and vague. You didn't say 'The role claim is scummy but his play seems OK', you had about 5 lines of fluff, and given a relatively low content from you so far, it looked scummy to me.

My point 4 continues to be relevent to a number of people in the game. I think that players like (but not exclusively) Mastin, VP, KK, Zaz, Lowell and roflcopter are all using preconcieved ideas to further convince themselves that the people they are attacking are scum. I think there's little explanation for Zaz's constant persuit of a mediocre scumtell in KK's play aside from a personal vendetta and parts of their posts that get pretty heated confirm that. Ditto with Mastin, VP et al. Why didn't people notice stuff like the fact Achilles posts scummy stuff EVERY POST, or FA and MafiaMann's little conversations? Because those names aren't big, and nobody feels all high and mighty for trying to take them down. Scum are scum, people have to get over personal battles and the allure of the name and look for good old fasioned scumminess, in my opinion.

@Mastin:
Mastin wrote:If I see people fail to state they're an "Emerald *role*" when they claim, they're scum. Look at the bodies we have--

Emerald Townie.
Emerald Jailkeeper.
Cerulean Doctor.

See the difference?
Untrue - it's listed as a Cerulean
Mafia
Doctor.

That is significant because your entire argument is that Emerald specifies town in a larger way than just flavour. As soon as you see the word mafia there, you realise you could remove the colours completely and still have a cogent town vs non-town role.

If the word 'mafia' wasn't there, someone could claim doctor and it we would not be able to say whether it was a pro-town doc or not - in that case I'd agree, the emerald is crucial. But since the word mafia is there, it is immediately obvious, colour or not, that the person is either town or anti-town, making the colour merely flavour, and thus KK leaving it out originally much less significant.
Mastin wrote:Which he "left out".
More like didn't get.

(As in, he's Mafia, faking miller.)
Bolded for emphasis. Presumably mafia would also get a colour with their role, and even if they didn't they could easily tell from the bodies and the vanilla townie PM that a colour was involved.

I think this argument is not only a foolish endeavour, it may be scummy in and of itself because it contains a desire to put deep significance on the 'flavour faction' of mafia - something I don't really care about. I would imagine that the people who care what colour faction a player flips are FAR more likely to be mafia than town, because it's significant to them whether it is one type of faction or another. I think that's a possible scumtell.
Mastin wrote: I have not tunneled.
Meh, kinda have. You went through the 30 quotes I posted and found the ones pertaining to you and Rotten/KK only. I think I made some more decent points than that.
Mastin wrote:This was not the case. Me simply stating facts.
NOBODY has ever gotten away from an accusation on me without later regretting it.
-They'll face walls of text
-IF they get me lynched, they'll often be lynched the next day
-And other such various regrets.
Yep, that's still a threat. In fact it's just a poor one, because lets face it, we'll cop walls of text anyway :P and if someone aims to get you lynched knowing they'll get lynched the next day, a good townie should still push through it and criticize you, whereas scum would be more fearful of their own life.
Mastin wrote:We were still in the RVS, SC.
Rofl was tunneling.
Still untrue. Something of content happened (ie not RVS - KK claims). You react to that and rofl finds you scummy. It was just about the only thing he could genuinely focus on, and noone else had done much at all, so it's impossible to tell whether he had tunnel vision on you or not.

@ VP, roflcopter and all.

I'm not buying the wagon on Mastin. I take issue with some of what he says and some of his conclusions, but at the end of the day I count about 30,000 words from Mastin and I have trouble with about 5 sentences within them. It's just a poor reason for a lynch, I would suggest to you that if you are town, your motivation for voting him is an annoying style mixed with feelings of OMGUS.
Here is why you should be voting for Mastin:
-He was fishing for flavor
-He is spamming the thread so you do not take time to read his posts
-He repeatedly asserts how pro-town he is and rather than defending he claims that most scumtells are null against him
-He has refused more than once to summarize any points against JR
-He has misrepped many many people in this thread
-He's OMGUSing anyone who disagrees with him
- I agree about fishing for flavour.
- Not a scum tell.
- That's a reason to believe the scumtells, not a scumtell in itself. I don't think ther'es much of a case that he's denying, even if the denying itself is poor.
- Not a scum tell.
- More evidence please. I think there's been very little misrepresentation.
- No he's not, I have disagreed with him and he's responded completely reasonably. I would suggest given a couple of posts ago you were dead sure of MafiaMann being scum, the person with OMGUS issues is yourself.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:12 pm

@ all -

I understand my first content post was a massive post in a game of massive posts, but it was 28 long pages of scumtells summarised, so I'd ask everyone to go through that one at least, it's very condensed.

Even if you're voting someone else, or feel someone else to be scum, can you please have a look at players other than the big names. Specifically, at Achilles in iso or the relationship between FA and MafiaMann.

Of Achilles' iso posts, I find 0, 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 all scummy. Some points I noticed:

- Easy targets
- Preoccupation with town approval
- Zero personal scumhunting, lots of piggybacking
- Attempting to completely dismiss case against JR due to him being replaced.
Achilles wrote:Unrelated, but if JR is getting replaced, how is the new guy supposed to deal with the suspicion that JR has received. In essence, my question is, are our previous reads on JR valid even though JR is getting replaced for a new guy?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”