Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:00 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #25=-

MafiaMann (7) - SerialClergyman, Wickedestjr, roflcopter, Lowell, Faraday, Empking's Alt, Mufasa
Mufasa (3) - curiouskarmadog, VP Baltar, ckool5000
VP Baltar (3) - Kise, Mastin, Namttam
Kublai Khan (1) - ZazieR
Mastin (1) - Kublai Khan
ckool5000 (1) - fallen angel
roflcopter (1) - Kmd4390

Not Voting (4) - Achilles, molestargazer, Hayker, MafiaMann

11 to lynch.

CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE CLOCK
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:51 am

Post by molestargazer »

Damn, Kmd, you're putting me to shame with all the catching up you've been doing.
Once again, tonight might be tricky. For once in my life, I'm actually going out and having a life (!) tonight, so I'll do my best for tomorrow as I previously stated.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Lowell »

I'll be away for the weekend. At least until Monday.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well that's a couple days from now, do you plan on contributing before then?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Mufasa »

where the hell is dvdkid13? Hasn't posted hardly at all.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Mufasa »

^^ whoopse didnt notice KMD replaced in for him haha
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mufasa, please explain your stance on Mastin's breadcrumbing. Did you think it was good or not? Why did you rapidly change positions from liking his breadcrumbs to not liking them?
YOUR AD HERE

Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Mufasa »

VP Baltar wrote:Mufasa, please explain your stance on Mastin's breadcrumbing. Did you think it was good or not? Why did you rapidly change positions from liking his breadcrumbs to not liking them?
I didn't, I always thought his bread crumbing was a scum method, when I said they were good I meant that they were put together good, but when I say that they are bad its because I believe that he set them up to use as a fake claim for his roleblocking claim.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Hayker »

Hokay so

Of all the people.I feel most comfterable lynching my original suspect, Rofl. I still say that making the assumption that a player is mafia or town with the first page of the game, and be 100% sure about it, is rather scummy. He then assumed I was scum directly after, only for suspecting him. This comes off to me, as somewhat OMGUS. He now rarely posts and simply calls is apathy, but why not merely replace then? He's still in the game, but his posts are few and far inbetween usually. Even then, he just keeps the same suspisions and adds little discussion. I know I haven't added much, but I have tried what I can. Perhaps I should kick it up a notch though.

As for now
vote:roflcopter

As for Mastin. At this point in time I believe him. I think I'm starting to understand why he does what he does. And if I'm right, he's rather clever. He seems to make a decent case on KK, but I'm unwiling to go after KK right now. I think both should be left alive for the time being.

Vp..Your responsible for replacing Johnny. I suspected Johnny almost since he started posting. You have done a very good job of convicing me otherwise, but I also keep in mind that you are a very good player. Very good players of any game, have a way of manipulating it. As of this point in time, I lean in the town direction, but IGMEOY.(That does mean I think you and Mastin are townies bickering with each other)

FOS:Ckool.
I don't like his play. He pleads that he is just making himself look scummy when he talks. He says many odd and out of place things. I'll elaborate later as I havent paid much attention to him in the past little while, and I have shitty memory.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:05 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Hayker wrote:Hokay so

Of all the people.I feel most comfterable lynching my original suspect, Rofl. I still say that making the assumption that a player is mafia or town with the first page of the game, and be 100% sure about it, is rather scummy. He then assumed I was scum directly after, only for suspecting him. This comes off to me, as somewhat OMGUS. He now rarely posts and simply calls is apathy, but why not merely replace then? He's still in the game, but his posts are few and far inbetween usually. Even then, he just keeps the same suspisions and adds little discussion. I know I haven't added much, but I have tried what I can. Perhaps I should kick it up a notch though.
I have been down this EXACT same road with him before (exept maybe he posted more). I attacked him for spouting that "X is obv town"....I felt that it was scum motivated...I was wrong...his play is scummy to be sure, but for him, it is a null tell.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Mufasa-I guess. I still think you were expressing some odd opinions about the breadcrumbing, but looking back at your statements that seems to be a possibility. Could you tell me what your thoughts on the rofl wagon are? What are your feelings on Hayker? Nam? Wicked?

@MafiaMann-I'm actually a bit unsure on your feelings on Khan. You talked about him early when you seemed to be feeling out the town opinion, but after that he seemed to drop off your radar even though he was a hot topic. As of right now, do you feel he is town or scum? Why?
MM wrote:
VP wrote:
MM wrote:
He was giving people info with the belief that it was wrong is this not the definition of a lie.
You are saying he willfully gave incorrect information? Cause I'm pretty sure he said that he said something he may not have been sure about and it turned out to be wrong. These are different. Perhaps Hayker can step in here.

He said he believed he was wrong later so why say somthing that you dont believe to be true. Misleading.
I still want Hayker to comment on this. Hayker, did you believe you were wrong when you made the original statement, or were you later proven wrong about it?
MM wrote:If you say dont do that next time it directs peoples attention towards it scum would not want to point out their partners scummy behavior.
This is complete WIFOM, as I pointed out before. The fact is that someone you found scummy was coaching another player and you defended him when the obvious thing to do would be to believe he was even more scummy. It was a direct change in stance that does not fit with your previous suspicions.

As far as the scribe thing you linked to, something like that definitely would not apply to this game because it is a normal. So, I ask you again, why did you immediately believe Mastin that there are multiple scum groups and use this to justify him potentially being town. Since there can't be a role like that in this game, do you think this raises Mastin's likelihood of being scum?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

VP Baltar wrote: Also, I want to hear from Kmd why he thinks MM is town. I saw a lot of similarities in his reads on people in this game to mine, but this was a major difference.
Combination of early gut, not seeing anything in his actions that would benefit him as scum more than town, and the ridiculous speed of the wagon. He actually kind of reminds me of Myko in Spy's recent game.
curiouskarmadog wrote: I have been down this EXACT same road with him before (exept maybe he posted more). I attacked him for spouting that "X is obv town"....I felt that it was scum motivated...I was wrong...his play is scummy to be sure, but for him, it is a null tell.
He has not contributed a thing and has set himself up to jump any easy wagon he chooses. How is that a null tell?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Have you played with rofl before Kmd?

Can't say I agree with your gut read on MM, but meh. Guess I can't win them all.
YOUR AD HERE

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

VP Baltar wrote:Have you played with rofl before Kmd?

Can't say I agree with your gut read on MM, but meh. Guess I can't win them all.
I haven't played with Rofl by himself. I've played with Trotsky which consisted of Rofl and Korts.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure MM is town. I mean my vote is here over a no lynch if needed before deadline, but he'd be one of my last choices for a lynch.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Hayker »

@MafiaMann-I'm actually a bit unsure on your feelings on Khan. You talked about him early when you seemed to be feeling out the town opinion, but after that he seemed to drop off your radar even though he was a hot topic. As of right now, do you feel he is town or scum? Why?
MM wrote:
VP wrote:
MM wrote:
He was giving people info with the belief that it was wrong is this not the definition of a lie.
You are saying he willfully gave incorrect information? Cause I'm pretty sure he said that he said something he may not have been sure about and it turned out to be wrong. These are different. Perhaps Hayker can step in here.

He said he believed he was wrong later so why say somthing that you dont believe to be true. Misleading.
I still want Hayker to comment on this. Hayker, did you believe you were wrong when you made the original statement, or were you later proven wrong about it?[/quote]

My spologies for not vommenting on this right away. I read it but was still reading other things at the time. I did say I could be wrong, and I did say it was a possibility. I believe it is simply not a very useful thing to say. I do not believe I was in the wrong in saying it, merely that I could have said something better. Make what you will of this.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Hayker »

This statement should have been deleted
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:21 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Kmd4390 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: I have been down this EXACT same road with him before (exept maybe he posted more). I attacked him for spouting that "X is obv town"....I felt that it was scum motivated...I was wrong...his play is scummy to be sure, but for him, it is a null tell.
He has not contributed a thing and has set himself up to jump any easy wagon he chooses. How is that a null tell?
I am commenting on the bit about him saying "x is town"...and to a certian extent the low content posts. I will have to go back and find if he jumped around a lot on bandwagon...something tells me he did though. I am quite bitter about this game, because he bumped heads so much and I got lycnhed for it.

thought I had him pegged for sure...

what I find funny is that there are about 2-3 other people doing the exact same thing (or worse)..but they are not getting shit. Why is that?

Also, KMD..you thoughts on bandwagons or the sake of bandwagons on day 1?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Faraday »

Sorry I've been busy, and haven't been online as much:(.

I want to get a bigger post up before long, hopefully by friday evening/saturday, tho' that leaves it kinda tight, though I'm working tomorrow and friday so :?

Anyway, a rofl wagon doesn't interest me at all. I mean sure, he's not posted a lot recently, but I don't find him particularly scummy. I'm aware of his playstyle, and don't really find it scummy in general, either. I think he could do with posting something do, as I'd like his opinions on the game, in general.

Mufasa seems to be playing similar as to how he was in the ongoing game me and him were both in (both dead, so I'm sure it's okay to mention it), he was fairly absent there in terms of content too, and provided little to no content, and was kinda useless.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

curiouskarmadog wrote: Also, KMD..you thoughts on bandwagons or the sake of bandwagons on day 1?
Depends on how far into the Day it is and reasons for doing it.

-Barely Post-RVS just to wagon
--acceptable. people do it for reactions.
-Mid-Day
--On someone you've voiced active suspicion on, sure.
--Someone you haven't mentioned at all, slightly suspicious
--Someone you've actively called town, retarded
-Near deadline when rules give no lynch without majority
--Acceptable.
-Near deadline when rules allow for a lynch anyway
--To stop another lynch, case-by-case
--second suspicion because no one is voting your first, acceptable.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Hayker wrote: He pleads that he is just making himself look scummy when he talks.
That makes zero sense.
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:06 am

Post by ckool5000 »

For some reason
everybody
looks scummy in my eyes except for Faraday and molestargazer. I've learned my lesson about Faraday, since I kept repeated that I thought he was town in my first game even though he was scum. :oops: molestargazer doesn't look scummy because, well, he just replaced in.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Faraday »

Ckool isn't that a slight contradiction?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Namttam »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Namttam wrote:Proven scum. If you don't know why go read my logic in a previous post.
Proven? I had a town read on you early, but this is one of a few twitches I've had concerning you.
I still haven't heard a reasonable alternative for my proof(logical in this case) so I will continue to believe he is scum. At this point I've only changed my vote due to the public opinion that town shouldn't lynch a claimed miller because they likely won't live until end game, so it can be better used elsewhere.
VP Baltar wrote:I was stating that that it was your opinion that my going after him was ineffective. I would disagree with this.
I got him to L-3 in a matter of about a day.
Second, I was saying what you implying I did by unvoting him was inaccurate. The fact is that people are very comfortable with a MM lynch THANKS TO MY CASE.
I can return my vote there at will and he will likely be lynched.
That wasn't necessarily going to be the case with Mastin. I'm not sure what you dont' understand about that.
I take issue with the fact that you seem to be saying that your goal is to lynch MM rather than to find out more about his alignment. I infer this from the bolded sections. The first you are saying that achieving a lynch means you are effective in going after a suspect. In the second you seem to say that you have the support of others in lynching MM so you don't have to push as hard since you can do it at your leisure. I don't think MM's alignment has been proven so I would question your motive in voting MM.
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Faraday wrote:Ckool isn't that a slight contradiction?
Also gives him a lot of options.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

Faraday wrote:Ckool isn't that a slight contradiction?
Huh?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”