Newbie 789 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Raivann »

@camn-Oops, guess you already answered first question.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #11

Scien (3) <- Ojanen, ChannelDelibird, arelian
ChannelDelibird (2) <- Raivann, camn

Not Voting: Scien, Dogmeat

The
deadline
is Wednesday, 8th July 20:00 UTC, which is 18 hours and 59 minutes from this post.
With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Last edited by Elmo on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Raivann »

Of course, it simultaneously cuts into your case on Amished.. (or was he gone by then?)
Yeah, I believe he was gone by then, but CDB wasn't in yet.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Raivann, I'm not opposed to a CDB lynch either, he's among top suspects of mine.
I'm not sure, I think the case for Scien is stronger but I didn't like CDB's vote reaction with the explanation of not reading the case fully before and I did find Amished scummy.
Ugh, I'm thinking, thinking.
I'll be back in 6 hours, gotta do stuff.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Scien »

Camn wrote:Telling people it is a pressure vote pressures them LESS [...]
I one hundred percent disagree with you and others here. A vote is a vote. Me saying it is just for pressure does not get them any farther away from lynch. Me saying it is just for pressure does not give them any incentive to continue lurking. You guys need to take a good look at that claim if you are honestly going to use this in a case against me. There is still plenty of pressure from a pressure vote, even if it is spelled out.

You are semi-right. It could be used for MORE pressure, if you are also acting like you believe them hardcore scum. However, if they are not contributing, you really can't play that card out to its fullest.
Ojanen wrote:You agree but also disagree with Cojin.
Indeed. On different subjects I believe. It is possible to agree with some aspects and disagree with others. Also, it is possible to disagree with a single aspect and later disagree if the party involved says something that makes me question his motives. Absolutes like 'you have to either agree or disagree' are not particularly good to be making when talking about different plays from an individual.
Ojanen wrote:Yeah, just thought it was a weird you FoSsed Azhrei and then dropped it because of a pressure vote and a drift to deadline.
Also, this does NOT reflect what you said here about seriousness of your list:
Scien beginning of day 2 wrote:Rather than no lynching, a vote for someone who is third on my list would be better than no vote, or a vote for someone higher.
Hmm. Ok, kinda I guess. I would like to point out that Azhrei had about 10 posts in that week or so time frame, and within them was almost no content. Yes I understand he was doing finals or whatnot, but that does tend to have other people on the list move around due to the interactions I observe with them and me/others.

As for your claim about this being counter to what is on my list? I don't agree there either. We were actively talking with Cojin, and the little that he said didn't resonate town with me. Due to the fact that the majority of what he said did not sound townie, I was comfortable with that lynch. Would I have been comfortable with a Azhrei lynch? Ya, if he was around and contributing and I was getting the same feeling of null townie resonation during discussion.
Arelian wrote:What do you think of my idea about you and Ojanen being connected?
Uh... that's silly? Not trying to belittle your claim, but linking me with him in my current shoes is just silly.
Camn wrote:Claim or die.
I have no reason to lie to you guys. But unfortunately I also have nothing to gain in they way of credibility from the claim.
Vanilla Townie
Camn wrote:Scien.. post or perish, friend.
Meh. Constraints. Killing me this game it seems.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:05 am

Post by Ojanen »

Scien wrote: Indeed. On different subjects I believe. It is possible to agree with some aspects and disagree with others. Also, it is possible to disagree with a single aspect and later disagree if the party involved says something that makes me question his motives. Absolutes like 'you have to either agree or disagree' are not particularly good to be making when talking about different plays from an individual.
What does this have to do with anything?
Agreeing/disagreeing with someone is a different category from saying something is scummy or not. I as saying you didn't say much in his actions actually was questionable.

Who's scum, Scien?
Why aren't you voting?
Scien wrote:As for your claim about this being counter to what is on my list? I don't agree there either. We were actively talking with Cojin, and the little that he said didn't resonate town with me. Due to the fact that the majority of what he said did not sound townie, I was comfortable with that lynch. Would I have been comfortable with a Azhrei lynch? Ya, if he was around and contributing and I was getting the same feeling of null townie resonation during discussion.
I was talking about you saying your list was very relative and not-so-important in your answer to me but then in the beginning of day 2 saying to Arelian that it's better to lynch someone third on your list rather than noone, which would imply the list was more serious.

Guys, I'm really on the fence here with Scien and CDB.
Aaargh.
Dogmeat, who are you suspicious of?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Ojanen »

Getting 2 people to claim is stupid though.
Is there support for a CDB lynch besides from Rai, camn, me?
I feel like this lynch is very important - if we mislynch and there's even one townie-to-townie vote tomorrow it's a win for scum, and I definitely feel like the dynamic of this game has hardcore suspicions ingrained also between townies at the moment.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:27 am

Post by Ojanen »

CDB wrote:I will almost certainly not lynch Scien today.
This is a large, large shift from CDB's catch up.
(But then I did say in mine that I won't vote Scien now.)
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:25 am

Post by Ojanen »

Oh screw it.

unvote

vote: CDB
(L-1)

I'm (obviously) ok with a Scien lynch also if there is noone willing to hammer CDB.
This is down to my suspicion of Amished, looking at the connections between Scien/CDB/Dogmeat+slightly Arelian (can't really see Scien+Dogmeat or Scien+Arelian, if it's Scien+CDB it doesn't matter which one we lynch), Scien's just finished game N791 where he was scum and gut and first impressions.
If 2 people claiming is a too high price to pay, tell me.
I saw CDB online just a bit ago.
I'll switch back if a lynch on CDB doesn't look possible to happen due to deadline.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Ojanen »

I wish there was an IC right now here to tell me if it's too big of a risk to have 2 people claiming regards to me changing my mind about the most preferred lynch.
CDB, you're online, any comments?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Scien »

Ojanen wrote:Why aren't you voting?
Eh... I know it looks bad for me tomorrow but that is ok because what matters at moment is the present.

If the choice today is really going to come down between me and CDB, I am not going to let us mislynch a townie (me).

I'm not sure about CDB, but I am sure about myself.

Vote: ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:11 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

If you're genuinely unsure about which is the best lynch coming up to deadline, it's better to have both claim than not. I'm a vanilla townie.

I should be online almost continuously until deadline so if necessary I will hammer myself. It's a little frustrating for me that most of this is apparently down to Amished's behaviour, as I can't really speak for him in any great sense, but is there anything you would like me to examine or analyse that might help you decide?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:18 am

I think you could have waited the four hours until deadline, Scien. Not wild about that hammer really.

So apparently I'm a goner, so I'd better leave my last thoughts. I know I haven't played great since replacing in, and I'm sorry about that (though I have tried my best), but I think town can win this game in the following days.

I'd really like people to look at Ojanen tomorrow, as Azhrei was my top suspicion, and I think people have been ignoring the issue somewhat because Ojanen's been OK (kind of frustrating for me given that I am basically being lynched for my predecessor's behaviour). If I had to guess the scum team right now, I would say it was one of {Ojanen, Scien} and one of {Dogmeat, camn}. Not as specific as I'd like to be at this stage of the game, but that's my best estimation. I've left thoughts on every player so hopefully once I'm all dead and confirmed people will take them seriously.

Good luck town.
#greenshirtthursdays
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Ojanen »

Woah.
Scien, why did you hammer before a claim?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:23 am

Post by Ojanen »

If you're truthful, I'm sorry for being wrong CDB.
That hammer was seriously weird.
CDB is visible in the list of who's online, Scien could hae checked if he was in.
Daaaamn.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:24 am

I guess I should add that I would be
shocked
if either Raivann or arelian were scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Scien »

Ojanen wrote:Scien, why did you hammer before a claim?
Because it seemed an either/or situation was set up between me and CDB. While that's merely a "Oh, ok" for the rest of you guys, for me I have more information. I know that I am a townie.

If it was really going to be me or him, in my shoes it is better him than me. I know my role and I'm not positive about his. Like you said, we can't afford a mislynch today, and I would be one.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Ojanen »

If he would have been a powerrole it would have been better for you to get lynched if you're vanilla as you claim; not wanting that claim information is totally fishy. If you're actually town, that move was terrible, because it seems
very
survivalist. CDB was right here.
I'm kicking myself pretty hard right now for switching.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Ojanen »

vote: Scien

Doesn't count but did it for stress release since it pains me so much that I'm unable to currently vote him after that hammer and me giving him the opportunity to do it.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Scien »

I'm prepared to burn for it, if he is indeed pro-town. Like I said, better an uncertain mistake, than a certain mistake.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:05 am

Post by camn »

happy scumday scien.

Odds are we cant afford to lynch you in retaliation if you are town... so take tonight to prepare your defense. If you are town, you will have some explaining to do. That was too hasty, regardless of CDBs flip.

I guess that's what I get for living on the west coast...I'm always the last one to the party!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Ojanen »

Scien wrote:I'm prepared to burn for it, if he is indeed pro-town. Like I said, better an uncertain mistake, than a certain mistake.
Whaat?
This makes sense in no way because
1) You weren't suspicious of him
2) If you would be town and do get burned for this tomorrow we lose! No logic in preparing to be burned for it!
If you're scum, on the other hand, you bought a lylo with an obvscum move.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Scien »

You guys set up the either or not me.

Listen to what I am saying. If you guys are going to narrow it down to two people, and I have a 100% townie on one, I am not going to let him get lynched. The 100% in this case was me. It doesn't matter if the other party is high on my list or not. If its going to be me or him, its going to be him.

Although I will give you that you are right, I should have waited to see if he had a power role. In that case, if I believed him, I would have probably elected to allow myself to be the lynch. Not waiting was pure stupidity on my part. Although, even if he claimed power role I would not be 100% sure of his alignment. However I am 100% sure of mine.

As for getting burned, I assumed we are talking discussion. In Lylo we need to be more careful than just to lynch without additional discussion. I am going to burn tomorrow while trying to defend myself I suppose, well unless this guy flips scum.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Raivann »

@Scien- Why didn't you make a case and vote for anyone before deadline?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #12

ChannelDelibird (4) <- Raivann, camn, Ojanen, Scien
Scien (2) <- ChannelDelibird, arelian

Not Voting: Dogmeat.

The
deadline
is Wednesday, 8th July 20:00 UTC.
With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The council reconvenes, and again flies into argument. This time, two candidates gain the attentions of the assembled dignitaries, and they debate fiercely which one is responsible, taking until near dusk to decide which unhappy soul is the guilty party. Unlike his predecessor, he does not go quietly; defiant, at the gallows he shouts that though they have taken his life, he will have vengeance even in death. Some of the council uneasily compliment his acting ability; in their hearts, they already know the truth as he stands firm to the last... although, of course, two of you knew long before.

Another exhausting search. Another dead townie. And now, another night.

ChannelDelibird
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched!

Night 2 falls. Day 3 will dawn at Saturday, 11th July 22:00 UTC, which is 2 days, 21 hours and 16 minutes from this post.
Any night actions are due before then; if you don't get it in, I'll randomly make one for you. Mafia may now talk.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”