Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:23 pm

Post by Crola »

StrykkerVerde wrote:We'll I'll give my defense but I'm pretty confident that it won't be enough to save me because quite honestly even the innocent cannot win in this game. The people who win this game are those who say just enough to keep people from paying attention to them.
I made a mistake, a serious mistake, and I'll tell you what it was. I was careless. My original intention was very much to vote yoko, however when I posted I hadn't realized that I'd forgotten to actually do that. By the time i noticed people were already taking notice of this fact and I realized that I would sound very very scummy if i just out and said "Ohh I forgot" it's the truth but it looks scummy anyway. So I had to figure out some other reason why I didn't vote. Now this bothered me because now I was lying to you guys even though I was not scum which is something I really didnt wanna do. In fact I realize now that by telling you this you're all going to lose all faith in me and I'll probably be lynched within an hour. This fact aside, once I am dead you will all realize that I was telling the truth, perhaps my death can help you all find scum later on (just pay attention to how other people were reacting to me)

My role, might as well give it now since I'm not likely to live too much longer and a claim couldnt hurt.

I am Rook, I'm a roleblocker, not much to it. I expect there are 3 other's out there that can verify that a rook is in fact a roleblocker so at least you 3 will know I'm innocent, so if anyone wants to put themselves out there to save me...well I don't expect anybody to do that.

In any case, that's my story. I'm not scum, I'm just stupid. I made a mistake that I could have easily fixed by paying more attention, and the scum capitalized.

There it is, think what you will of it. The truth is only a lynch away.
Well, one, your deffense is crappy, and two, if you are indeed a rook, you shouldn't mind sacrificing yourself to let us find out if rooks are indeed townies, for all we know, rooks could be the mafia.
Vote Strykker
for a crappy defense.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:39 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

Alright fair enough, last night I roleblocked Dranko20.

Secondly, I admitted in the BEGINING of my defense that it was not going to be very good. This is becasue I do not have a good defense, I know that I dont and I told you all as such. You do not need to be assholes and say that my defense is crappy. The fact is that I know that already. I'm not going to try and make up some wonderful defense because it will not work. In fact I have a challenge for all of you, I challenge anybody to tell me what I could have said that all of you would have agreed was a good defense.

I dont think any of you could do it because no matter what I say it will never convince any of you not to lynch me at this point.

I might also add that none of the defenses I've ever seen on this site have ever been very good which just goes to prove the point that everybody gives crappy defenses on this site. The reason for this is best put this way:

When people think that you are scum, whatever you say will look scummy. No defense will ever be good enough. The only effective defense I have ever seen has been a roleclaim that nobody can argue with, and if you don't have one of those than you're pretty much screwed.

So just lynch me, prove the other 3 rooks innocent, and have a good game. I'll see you all next time, good luck town.

Ohh, and Internet Stranger, for the record, I think you're an a**hole, but I like you.
I miss Puzzle.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Iammars »

Not all rooks are necesarly townie or mafia. One could be mafia and the others for the town. We cannot determine the alliance of all the pieces by one piece. Also, SkV, who have you blocked?
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:41 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

heh, I just realized that i censored myself at the end of my last post, but i forgot to at the begining, sorry about the cursing guys.
I miss Puzzle.
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:48 pm

Post by Crola »

StrykkerVerde wrote:Alright fair enough, last night I roleblocked Dranko20.

Secondly, I admitted in the BEGINING of my defense that it was not going to be very good. This is becasue I do not have a good defense, I know that I dont and I told you all as such. You do not need to be assholes and say that my defense is crappy. The fact is that I know that already. I'm not going to try and make up some wonderful defense because it will not work. In fact I have a challenge for all of you, I challenge anybody to tell me what I could have said that all of you would have agreed was a good defense.

I dont think any of you could do it because no matter what I say it will never convince any of you not to lynch me at this point.

I might also add that none of the defenses I've ever seen on this site have ever been very good which just goes to prove the point that everybody gives crappy defenses on this site. The reason for this is best put this way:

When people think that you are scum, whatever you say will look scummy. No defense will ever be good enough. The only effective defense I have ever seen has been a roleclaim that nobody can argue with, and if you don't have one of those than you're pretty much screwed.

So just lynch me, prove the other 3 rooks innocent, and have a good game. I'll see you all next time, good luck town.

Ohh, and Internet Stranger, for the record, I think you're an a**hole, but I like you.
You're wrong and right. Usually once the bandwagon starts rolling you're a gonner, but there were a few claims you could have used, however you would have had to lie, which you probably did.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:08 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Dranko, can you verify having been blocked? Whether yes or no, don't explain why, because that provides scum with information and we don't need it to draw conclusions about SV.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:11 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

You're wrong and right. Usually once the bandwagon starts rolling you're a gonner, but there were a few claims you could have used, however you would have had to lie, which you probably did.
Once I am dead I just want you to know that you're wrong about this. You don't have to say anything about it. Just know.
I miss Puzzle.
StrykkerVerde
StrykkerVerde
Goon
StrykkerVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:12 pm

Post by StrykkerVerde »

oops I'm sorry, that last post was quoting Crola, my bad.
I miss Puzzle.
Dranko20
Dranko20
Goon
Dranko20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:31 pm

Post by Dranko20 »

I cannot verify a thing.
Quote: """""Quote"-Quote"-Quote"-Quote""
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:47 pm

Post by Yaw »

Well, without confirmation, behaviour trumps claim.
Unvote: Coron
Vote: StrykkerVerde
Success breeds suspicion
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:18 pm

Post by AndrewS »

End-of-the-day-votecount:
Coron - 3 - pookythemagicalbear, NanooktheWolf, Lt. Origen
big_kahunia -1- astronaut
StrykkerVerde - 14 - Fuldu, StevieT92, SpeedyKQ, Internet Stranger, olio, vikingfan, Thesp, Astronaut, help im a bug, big_kahunia, Iammars, Locus Cosecant, Crola, Yaw
Fuldu - 1 - StrykkerVerde
InternetStranger - 2 - Rolandofthewhite, Coron
~Instead of lynching, I think we should stone people to death.
He got his wish.

StrykkerVerde(Black Rook[roleblocker]), stoned to death(lynched), day 2
[/b]

IT IS NOW NIGHT. SEND IN CHOICES.
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:20 pm

Post by vikingfan »

I dunno-it sounds plausible, but I think we have to ask who Strykker blocked last night. Think about it this way-if he's telling the truth, we would lose a roleblocker, but if someone verified him, then we would have 2 roleblockers out in the open and easy pickings for the mafia. On the other hand, this could be a ruse to try to get out of the pickle he's in, knowing exactly this line of logic. Hmm...

Unless whoever Strykker voted can verify his role, my vote is staying in any case.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:25 am

Post by Cadmium »

AndrewS has been prodded.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:05 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Alright, here's the deal with the holdup....

For the first 6 days I was waiting on the choices. Then, I had to leave for the weekend. I got back so late that I went on to bed...Then my college professor gave me a huge test that I only had a few days to cram for. So, obviously, I've not had much time to go through the nightchoices. I finished the test today, though, and I will be posting results in response to this post.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:20 pm

Post by AndrewS »

That night, a loud cry came from the black camp. Someone had caught one of the Black Bishops in the act. They were members of the mafia. A large dagger piecred Nanook's chest, with the word "Omerta", italian for revenge, on it in blood.

Meanwhile, in the white camp, things were certainly amiss.
Locus Cosecant and Astronaut were asleep in his tent on the front lines when a shot rang out from across the board. A sniper had shot them both. The two white rooks, Vikingfan and Coron, rushed to his aid, but were soon mowed down by the sniper as well.

Dead, night two:
NanooktheWolf, Black Bishop[scum/alignment cop]
Locus Cosecant, White Pawn[townsperson]
Astronaut, White Pawn[townsperson]
Vikingfan, White Rook[roleblocker]
Coron, White Rook[roleblocker]

It is now day 3. With 22 left, it takes 12 to lynch.

Investigative results to be sent out shortly.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:24 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

BAH!!!! :evil:
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:27 pm

Post by Coron »

*shakes fist*
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:44 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

:roll:
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:56 pm

Post by Fuldu »

The opening post hasn't been updated yet, but I believe this information is correct: 21 players remaining, 11 black & 10 white.

With five kills, I have to assume one of them was a vig (and if that was you who hit Nanook, good job). I mean, two mafia and two SKs seems reasonable, but an additional scum on top of that? That's just out of control.

With Nanook's death we also see that scum are getting investigative results, so we should be wary of cop claims. Not dismiss them altogether, just be aware that scum can claim cop and actually be telling the truth.

I have some suspicions I'd like to pursue, but I want to see how the day starts before I go into that.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:58 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Bah!!!
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:54 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Wow, four kills last night and five tonight. Our vigilantes are a little too trigger-happy (and I hope it's vigilantes and not an abundance of scum groups).

Our scum casualty today (er, last night) was a Bishop. That throws off my theory about the scum hiding in the pawn ranks... any thoughts on this?
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:28 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Doesn't rule out the possibility of scum pawns, especially since 2 sets of 2 mafia in a game of thirty-two seems unlikely, but who knows; we don't have queens or knights.

I'll take a look at the thread tommorrow (hopefully).
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:18 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

This is going to be Pooky's probable setup update, brought to you by, well who else but Pooky? :)

This post will be pure speculation, and something for Pooky to laugh at should he turn out to be actually right ;)

Mafia Teams:
1 Queen(The Godfather)
1 Bishop(The Spy)
2 Pawns(The Goons)

mirrored on the other side

2 of the 4 Knights are Serial Killers, probably one on each side
The other 2 are likely to be Vigilantes out for the cause of good, heck they might even be masons who don't know that their partner is a dirty serial killer ;).

Since the Mod mentioned there would be a LOT of nightkilling, 6 possible per night sounds certainly quite enough :).

Lastly,
Vote: IS

just a hunch, but I'd say he's the Black Queen(Mafia Godfather).

Now for you doubting skeptics who say,
"Uh Pooky, where'd you pull all of this junk out of? Your ass?

I'd say, "why certainly, what have you pulled out recently?"

:wink: Follow the Bear!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Lt. Origen
Lt. Origen
Goon
Lt. Origen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:19 pm

Post by Lt. Origen »

:shock: That's a LOT of rather specific suggestions you have there, for what's supposed to be random speculation.
FOS: Pooky
, just for packing so much BSing into one post.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:30 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Sniped.. :roll:
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”