Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:
Unvote

I hate this game sometimes.

I follow the process. Waiting for Mastin.
:(
@Gieff/SensFan

You guys for or not for seeing Mastin lynched today?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:You are paranoid, Zach.
Well I've been suspicious of you pretty much all day, so I don't exactly trust what you say...
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Mastin (6): Zachrulez, Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Kmd4390, Benmage, camn
Battle Mage (2): Mastin, alexhans
SpyreX (1): jammer
jammer (1): Battle Mage
alexhans (1): GIEFF

Not Voting: Cephrir, blackcatcontract, SensFan, SpyreX

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by GIEFF »

@ Benmage:

I am less OK with a Mastin lynch than I was recently. This is due to alex's grandstanding about being against a Mastin lynch, yet refusing to do anything about it.

As I said, it smells like a scum player trying to set himself up to look good after a mislynch.

alex-scum/mastin-town also fits in with his nutsocaps - why would a town player defend ANYBODY so strongly without reason? And a scum player wouldn't be so obvious about defending his buddy.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

So you were fine enough with a Mastin lynch to push him to lynch -1, but suddenly now after Alex posts, WHO HAS LOOKED SUSPICIOUS THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR PRETTY MUCH MOST OF THE DAY ANYWAY, you're suddenly less ok with a Mastin lynch.

What the hell is the deal with that?

None of this is suddenly very new. All this evidence against Alex has been there for quite some time now.

What's changed since say... the start of today up to now? The fact that the town is becoming more open to the idea of lynching Mastin?

Every time the possibility of lynching Mastin becomes real, you look for another suspect. It's getting ridiculous.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by GIEFF »

No, my evidence against alex is quite new.

And it doesn't just make alex scummy, it makes Mastin less likely to be scum. Scum don't try to win town-points by being against scum-lynches.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

And this is not the first time Gieff has left the Mastin wagon.

As I look back through the game I notice his first unvote in favor of pursuing Battle Mage in post 361.

A vote change that came pretty shortly after Mastin started posting again in posts 359 and 360.

I'm going to take a little break from this for now though, but I'm going to have a browse through the other 600 posts to refresh my memory on what else pulled Gieff off the Mastin wagon as well. (And going through all those posts is not fun at all...)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

GIEFF wrote:No, my evidence against alex is quite new.

And it doesn't just make alex scummy, it makes Mastin less likely to be scum. Scum don't try to win town-points by being against scum-lynches.
Bullshit, it's well known that Alex is defending Mastin.

What is new is your spin on his behavior that was suddenly triggered by Alex posting while Mastin was at lynch -1 which is not distinctly different or contradictory from his stance on Mastin at all.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I believe I've explained why I left the Mastin wagon. I had wanted to switch to Battle Mage earlier, but I did not, because I liked the extra pressure on Mastin to make him come back and post. When he came back and started posting, I switched my vote to the player I found scummiest - Battle Mage.
Zachrulez wrote:Bullshit, it's well known that Alex is defending Mastin.
Is it well known that he is defending Mastin while secretly wanting him to be lynched? THAT is new information. As is his ridiculous coaching of camn.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Yaw »

Cephrir and blackcatcontract have been prodded.

Mastin posted
yesterday
, people. I'm not poking people who haven't been away from the thread enough time to warrant a prod.
Success breeds suspicion
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

GIEFF wrote:@ Benmage:

I am less OK with a Mastin lynch than I was recently. This is due to alex's grandstanding about being against a Mastin lynch, yet refusing to do anything about it.

As I said, it smells like a scum player trying to set himself up to look good after a mislynch.

alex-scum/mastin-town also fits in with his nutsocaps - why would a town player defend ANYBODY so strongly without reason? And a scum player wouldn't be so obvious about defending his buddy.
Fair enough. But for the sake of the game, do you realistically believe you can persuade a majority onto a different player? Or even Alex for this case...I doubt it, and if mastin does flip town. Alex's over excessive defense is certainly something to note.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by camn »

Maybe, on a meta-level, Geiff is ALSO trying to gain townie points by setting himself against the Mastin wagon.

Odds are Mastin will not survive until endgame unless his play changes DRAMATICALLY.... so this whole gambit, if Mastin flips town, can easily be referred back to by Geiff to try and gain cred.

It could really be the same thing he is accusing Alex of, only much more clever. Kinda need to see the flip, though.

-----------------
benmage wrote:and if mastin does flip town. Alex's over excessive defense is certainly something to note.
What if Mastin flips scum? Is Alex's defense less notable then?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

camn wrote:Maybe, on a meta-level, Geiff is ALSO trying to gain townie points by setting himself against the Mastin wagon.

Odds are Mastin will not survive until endgame unless his play changes DRAMATICALLY.... so this whole gambit, if Mastin flips town, can easily be referred back to by Geiff to try and gain cred.

It could really be the same thing he is accusing Alex of, only much more clever. Kinda need to see the flip, though.

-----------------
benmage wrote:and if mastin does flip town. Alex's over excessive defense is certainly something to note.
I think in order to make any kind of sense of Alexhans, we really need to see Mastin's flip, and Alexhans' reaction to it.

A piece of information Gieff seems to REALLY not want us to have.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:
VP Baltar wrote: Attn: GIEFF, benmage, spyrex, and camn---the time has come to do the right thing and vote Mastin. Scum are clearly trying to make this day utterly useless and Mastin's lynch will tell us information about his most ardent defenders. Furthermore, Mastin's scum meta is to lurk when he gets behind. Be pro-town and help this game move forward.
I'll give him 2 days to explain and then I'll vote. Access issues (which I apparently missed him saying in his games) or not doesn't change the fact it was a slew of posts in other games before the issues and not addressing this one. 2 days is plenty even with a shitty connection to say something relevant in this game.
Do you even believe he could catchup in days. He's been sitting on page 4 for 5 days now. Even in these next two days if he devotes his time solely to this game, that's quite the personal feat.

And as I've said, what epiphany are you expecting to have once he posts. I honestly can't imagine him convincing me not to lynch him today.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If I knew the potential epiphany then I wouldn't have to wait for him to give it would I?

Chances are there isn't one. HOWEVER, regardless of that why the hell wouldn't you give the CHANCE for it?

If he is scum:
- it is another chance for him to spew something out to parse for connections.

If he is town:
- it is another chance to get his feelings on the game on record.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Benmage »

camn wrote:
We'll have to see by his continual game play. If he seems scummy in several other aspects than this could be added and possible viewed as a monumental newb-mistake on overreacting/supporting/looking to save a scum buddy.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:HOWEVER, regardless of that why the hell wouldn't you give the CHANCE for it?
I grow weary of D1, and honestly don't imagine him responding on anything in the next two days. At best, there's no way he reads past page 10.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Yes, I do realistically believe I can persuade a majority onto alex.
  1. Battle Mage wrote:We aren't lynching Mastin today. If you wanna give an
    Alex
    wagon a try, i might be a little more sympathetic to your anti-town attitude regarding today
    Plus all BM's back-and-forth with alex early on.
  2. VP Baltar wrote:Jesus, no. We should be lynching Mastin or
    alex
    , as that is where the majority of agreement by the group is at. I really think if we give the camn situation a night for everyone to relax and look back, things will make much more sense.
  3. DDD wrote:
    jammer wrote:Who is the top 3 on your scumlist?
    Mastin is still number one and I don't understand why attention on him has continued to drop. It only validates his lurking behavior.
    I guess
    Alex
    is number two right now, I simply don't understand his shameless defense of Mastin from a town perspective. Furthermore, he continued and continues to wall-post even after people have requested that he knock it off.
  4. jammer wrote:
    BenMage wrote: I like to who SensFan and Jammer would of liked to see lynched today. Neither have voted for sometime.
    For me, Gieff, Mastin,
    Alex
    and possibly spyrex for that reflex vote on Camn.
  5. Kmd wrote:People I'd lynch before Mastin:
    alexhans

GIEFF
    blackcatcontract (replacing Kairyuu)
  6. SensFan wrote:
    Alex
    or Mastin needs to be lynched today.
  7. Spyrex wrote:Dollars to donuts if we lynch (GIEFF,
    Alex
    , Benmage) in that order there will be a scum hit.
  8. GIEFF wrote:
    vote alex
Last I checked, 8 is all we need. Even without Cephrir, bcc, or Mastin contributing anything.

In fact, the only people AGAINST an alex lynch seem to be Benmage, Zach, and camn. All of whom seem to be VERY against it.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Attention KMD, Spyrex, Sens, Baltar, jammer, DDD, and Battle Mage - it takes only a little bit of effort to switch to an alex-wagon. Help me out.

Just because Zach, Benmage, and camn are flipping out (to varying degrees) about an alex lynch doesn't mean it is the wrong play.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Benmage »

GIEFF wrote: All of whom seem to be VERY against it.
That's a blatant lie so chill, because the rest of the post was actually very nice. That ending almost ruined everything for me. I don't ever really recall mentioning anything worth weight in regards to alex's allegiance. I certainly have seemed very against him being lynched. I haven't seemed like anything in regards to him being lynched. All i've stated is i'd like to see Camn or Mastin lynched.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

GIEFF wrote:Just because Zach, Benmage, and camn are flipping out (to varying degrees) about an alex lynch doesn't mean it is the wrong play.
You're losing your whole argument with this non-sense.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Benmage »

Spryex, jammer, zach, sensfan, battle mage, and kmd have all voted you at one point or another this day Gieff. If I voted you, camn would too. That looks like a possible 8 votes there if someone were to push your lynching.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by GIEFF »

BenMage wrote:That's a blatant lie so chill, because the rest of the post was actually very nice. That ending almost ruined everything for me. I don't ever really recall mentioning anything worth weight in regards to alex's allegiance.
It is not a lie at all. I read your iso for every interaction you've had with alex, and I know there's no way you will be voting for him today. Lots of agreeing, lots of backing him up, and very little aggression.

Zach is obviously against it.
Benmage wrote:You're losing your whole argument with this non-sense.
I won't convince you, anyway.

If you aren't against an alex lynch, why are you trying to tear down my argument?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Benmage wrote:Spryex, jammer, zach, sensfan, battle mage, and kmd have all voted you at one point or another this day Gieff. If I voted you, camn would too. That looks like a possible 8 votes there if someone were to push your lynching.

And now you breaks out the chainsaw. Or the threat of one, at least.

Yes, I can tell I was VERY wrong when I said it seemed like you were strongly against alex's lynch.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by GIEFF »

And this is just ONE measly vote.

I wonder how Benmage will react if he gets up to 4 or 5 votes?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”