Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:56 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Sure looks like it. And I'm not sure which person this looks worse for, Mora or JVW.

Moratorium, explain why the person you targeted with the Power just died.

JVW, explain why Moratorium's Power use has registered and not yours.
If we lynch ABR-almostcertainlyscum today, or indeed any scum, it might be worth organising a round of gentling/stilling on those we suspect most.
ABR is like fourth on the lynch queue. First is Yosarian, then JVW/Mora as we judge best -- not inconceivably both. After that we should lynch MBL-almostcertainlyscum, especially especially if Yos is Black rather than Forsaken, because then there will be just about zero possibility of anyone being a non-Black killer
except
MBL. It is only then that charter's number might come up.
TSS, given that you found ABR to be bound by the Oath Rod, do you have anything to say in terms of this? My gut still says that charter is town.
I have no special insight. To me Spyrex is completely right except for the technicality of being wrong. If I had been the mod, I would have zapped ABR unless he gave me an alternate reading of some of those posts. But he was bound and he did clearly use the Power afterward, so maybe he did give the mod an out? Whatever happened, I don't call him scum at this point. Ask me again after we know what Yosarian is.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:24 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

the silent speaker wrote:After that we should lynch MBL-almostcertainlyscum, especially especially if Yos is Black rather than Forsaken, because then there will be just about zero possibility of anyone being a non-Black killer
except
MBL.
TSS, would you be so kind as to make your case explicitly against me? I reviewed your post history and came across what resembled the crazed ramblings of an occultist divining tea leaves:
the silent speaker wrote:If Setael is to be pro-town, then both Yos and KOC must be innocent. That means Sajin is Black Ajah
and
JVW is Black Ajah (not Forsaken, bcause he's paired with a pro-town Aes Sedai)
and
Albert and Moratorium are Black Ajah
and
SpyreX or MBL or both is a killer from another group. SpyreX and Setael were noted together, so if Setael is town, then SpyreX is Forsaken.
Let's break down this post one chunk at a time:
the silent speaker wrote:If Setael is to be pro-town, then both Yos and KOC must be innocent.
Clearly you've discarded this logic, which sucked to begin with.
tss wrote:That means Sajin is Black Ajah
and
JVW is Black Ajah (not Forsaken, bcause he's paired with a pro-town Aes Sedai)
and
Albert and Moratorium are Black Ajah
and
SpyreX or MBL or both is a killer from another group.
I have no idea what the fuck this all means, except that it points clearly to you being a lunatic.
tss wrote:SpyreX and Setael were noted together, so if Setael is town, then SpyreX is Forsaken.
This was proven false, I believe.

Additionally:
tss wrote:(beside MBL, who needs death, but his target-claim wouldn't help us as much anyway)
Why wouldn't my target claim help anything? Don't we have trackers? You sound suspiciously confident, behind the blustery facade, that I'm not actually going out and committing nightkills.

Additionally additionally:
tss wrote:Possibly the scum got docked instead of blocked, or even targeted MBL.
I think the scum have grown tired of targeting me at night by now.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MBL does bring up some good points. I'd like TSS to explain how so many of the theories he's spouted off with such certainty have now been proven completely false.
Permanent V/LA.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Moratorium »

TSS wrote: Moratorium, explain why the person you targeted with the Power just died.
Someone killed him.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:59 am

MacavityLock wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:It could have just been a delayed death effect.
This. My assumption is that this accounts for the missing kill on Night 5. (Note: Strangulation occurred during the 2 previous nights.) I would bet it was delayed either by virtue of being stronger by being bonded or something to do with his channel-ness.
Actually, I was talking about SpyreX dying as a result of being gentled.
Permanent V/LA.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:57 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:It could have just been a delayed death effect.
This. My assumption is that this accounts for the missing kill on Night 5. (Note: Strangulation occurred during the 2 previous nights.) I would bet it was delayed either by virtue of being stronger by being bonded or something to do with his channel-ness.
Actually, I was talking about SpyreX dying as a result of being gentled.
Ah. Misread yours then (just gotten off the red eye :} ). I wasn't.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

V/LA until Thursday.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Kairyuu wrote:V/LA until Thursday.
Thursday night. Late. Like, midnight EST.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:28 pm

I assumed that if Sajin and/or Setael was town, their notes would be true. That seems to be wrong. It follows that theories developing in whole or in part from that (such as, if Setael is town, Sajin is scum) are in whole or in part incorrect.
MBL wrote:tss wrote:
That means Sajin is Black Ajah and JVW is Black Ajah (not Forsaken, bcause he's paired with a pro-town Aes Sedai) and Albert and Moratorium are Black Ajah and SpyreX or MBL or both is a killer from another group.

I have no idea what the fuck this all means, except that it points clearly to you being a lunatic.
Positing that Setael's note was correct, as that clause explicitly did,
1. Sajin's note was incorrect. This marked Sajin Black, according to the assumptions I was making at the time.
2. KOC and JVW were presumed to be in a 1-1 situation, and KOC was pro-town by hypothesis. This marked JVW Black. This has not been disproven, btw.
3. By MOS' theory, ABR and Mora were in 1-1 with Yos. Yos was pro-town by hypothesis. This marked ABR and Moratorium Black. This has not been disproven either, btw, althogh the hypothesis that Yos was pro-town is not one I espouse.
4. Missing scum night actions marked an extra scum group if not two, beyond the posited Black Ajah. This marked the few people not Aes Sedai as probable scum.
MBL wrote:Why wouldn't my target claim help anything? Don't we have trackers?
YOU CAN'T BE TRACKED.
MOS wrote:I'd like TSS to explain how so many of the theories he's spouted off with such certainty have now been proven completely false.
The same way yours have?
Someone killed him.
No one targeted him. The only people to claim a target of SpyreX are you and Benmage, and Benmage is dead, and SpyreX vouched for him anyway.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

OK tss, so has your worldview changed significantly as a result of those failed assumptions? Or am I still obvscum because I "don't use the One Power"?

You've been propagandizing about me = scum for weeks now, and I'm just kind of sitting back watching to see if it falls apart in a scummy way or in an innocent way. Right now, I'm leaning towards scummy, since you didn't bother to reevaluate when the crux of your argument and/or several of your conclusions proved untrue.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:55 pm

the silent speaker wrote:
MOS wrote:I'd like TSS to explain how so many of the theories he's spouted off with such certainty have now been proven completely false.
The same way yours have?
How have my theories been proven false?

1) I proclaimed Fabian scum, proven true
2) I proclaimed Isacc scum, proven true
3) I proclaimed Flay scum, proven true
4) I posited a 1-1 between KoC and JVW, which has not been proven false yet
5) I posited a 2-1 between ABR/Mora and Yos, which has not been proven false yet
6) I proclaimed Setael protown and Sajin scum in the Setael/Sajin 1-1, which has already been proven half-true
Permanent V/LA.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 am

Post by Moratorium »

TSS wrote: No one targeted him. The only people to claim a target of SpyreX are you and Benmage, and Benmage is dead, and SpyreX vouched for him anyway.
And I was roleblocked.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 am

MOS, by that standard, what of my theories have been
proven
false? The only one I can think of offhand is that a pro-town note will give true information, and by extension that one of Setael and SpyreX (noted n1) are scum; and if Sajin is scum as you yourself continue to argue, not even that is proven false (since it means the note n1 was scum-generated). We won't technically have proven the 0/4 note false until Yos actully dies and flips scum, and for that matter it might be that Sajin was scum, put out that note, and lied about which note was his. Then everything in my theory is neat and tidy, not so?

Mora:
And I was roleblocked.
Unless you weren't.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:55 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MrBuddyLee wrote:OK tss, so has your worldview changed significantly as a result of those failed assumptions? Or am I still obvscum because I "don't use the One Power"?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:30 am

the silent speaker wrote:If Setael is to be pro-town, then both Yos and KOC must be innocent.
Lolz.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 am

LoL, Moratorium asked me if I was scum in our QT...
Permanent V/LA.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:08 am

Post by armlx »

V/LA from now till Monday.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:20 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Lolz.
We won't technically have proven the 0/4 note false until Yos actully dies and flips scum[/qute]
Therefore snerk.

Also, if Sajin wrote the 0/4 note this was only getting the identity of the notewriter wrong. In that case, even the condition precedent isn't established yet.
MBL wrote:OK tss, so has your worldview changed significantly as a result of those failed assumptions? Or am I still obvscum because I "don't use the One Power"?

Let me lay it out all simple-like. Two nightkills (Kison and Faraday) means two scumgroups. One of those scumgroups is not Black Ajah. The only non-Aes Sedai left are you and Kairyuu. Capisce?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:25 am

EBWOP:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Lolz.
We won't technically have proven the 0/4 note false until Yos actully dies and flips scum
Therefore snerk.

Also, if Sajin wrote the 0/4 note this was only getting the identity of the notewriter wrong. In that case, even the condition precedent isn't established yet.
MBL wrote:OK tss, so has your worldview changed significantly as a result of those failed assumptions? Or am I still obvscum because I "don't use the One Power"?

Let me lay it out all simple-like. Two nightkills (Kison and Faraday) means two scumgroups. One of those scumgroups is not Black Ajah. The only non-Aes Sedai left are you and Kairyuu. Capisce?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by charter »

Ummm, I just got back, still no clue, but I got this reresolution
Windmill
2 from Windmill
1 from Blacksmith
1 from Barn
1 to Barn
1 to Blacksmth
2 to Windmill
1 to River
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

the silent speaker wrote:Let me lay it out all simple-like. Two nightkills (Kison and Faraday) means two scumgroups. One of those scumgroups is not Black Ajah. The only non-Aes Sedai left are you and Kairyuu. Capisce?
What's the reasoning that there are two scumgroups instead of one committing both kills?

If there are two scumgroups, what's the reasoning that one is not Black Ajah?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Kinetic »

I should have updated this by now, but I've come into some busy times with class registration. I'll try to update the day in the next couple of hours. Thank you for your patience.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:55 am

What's the reasoning that there are two scumgroups instead of one committing both kills?
Hath not a Jew eyes?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:08 am

If there are two scumgroups, what's the reasoning that one is not Black Ajah?
Because they can't both be. I'm not sure what you're suggesting here as an alternative.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Clearly he's suggesting a dual-killing Black Ajah scumgroup, LoL...
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”