Newbie 810 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

replacing reverend.

Monsieur replaces reverend.

Official Vote Count

illinguy09 - 1 (BlueRaven)

geekalicious - 1 (illiniguy09)

Not Voting - 5 (12Keyblade, geekalicious, KittyMo, Monsieur, ronnieroo)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Sunday, August 9 (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Monsieur »

I haven't had the chance to read the entire thread, however:

Here's what I have to contribute:
ReverendPsycho votes for 12Keyblade here:
reverendpsycho wrote:
VOTE: 12Keyblade

For holding up the start of the game. ;)
12Keyblade votes for ReverendPsycho here:
12Keyblade wrote:
reverendpsycho wrote:
VOTE: 12Keyblade

For holding up the start of the game. ;)
FYI, I confirmed b4 TheFlyingGreenMonkey.

Vote: reverendpsycho

We don't need a Serial Killer (Psycho) in a Newbie Game!

Good luck to all! (Except the scum. They can go die in a hole)
All from the first page.
KittyMo wrote:
TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
TheFlyingGreenMonkey wrote:
Vote: No Lynch
Unvote
Vote: TheFlyingGreenMonkey
for voting no lynch on Day 1 and claiming to use logic and be experienced at Mafia in the same post.
Unvote
Vote: KittyMo
for voting for me ;D
OMGUS is scummy.
What I see here, is KittyMo accusing TFGM for spite-voting, yet you not giving that same warning to Key who had committed the same crime and in the same severity. KittyMo decided to only acknowledge how 'OMGUS is scummy' when she became involved in the voting process.

geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:03 am

Post by geekalicious »

Monsieur wrote:What I see here, is KittyMo accusing TFGM for spite-voting, yet you not giving that same warning to Key who had committed the same crime and in the same severity. KittyMo decided to only acknowledge how 'OMGUS is scummy' when she became involved in the voting process.

The interaction between reverendpsycho and 12Keyblade was not in the same severity as what happened between KittyMo and TheFlyingGreenMonkey. The first interaction included playful beginning of the game banter and occured on the very first page. The KittyMo-TheFlyingGreenMonkey situation occured on the second page and happened after KittyMo voted for TheFlyingGreenMonkey because he had done some legitimate scumtell. Therefore, the first vote set mentioned was more random and playful, while the second was more OMGUS on the part of TheFlyingGreenMonkey.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Monsieur »

geekalicious wrote:The KittyMo-TheFlyingGreenMonkey situation occured on the second page and happened after KittyMo voted for TheFlyingGreenMonkey because he had done some legitimate scumtell. Therefore, the first vote set mentioned was more random and playful, while the second was more OMGUS on the part of TheFlyingGreenMonkey.
No.

It doesn't matter whether or not the vote occurred in the RVS.
The result is the same, one player votes and the other spites vote.
Kitty chose to acknowledge TFGM's OMGUS vote, but not the other. Why?
She even went to go so far as to call it "scummy". I'd like to know why these strong accusations were made to one, but not the other.
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Monsieur »

Why are you whip-lashing your vote, Geek?

I looked at voting history and timestamps, here is what I found in your record, in addition to the current events at the time:

At 4:49, TFGM votes not to lynch
At 5:15, Kitty votes for TFGM
At 5:21, TFGM votes for Kitty
At 5:47,
you
vote for TFGM

TFGM makes a contradiction. Based off ronnie and Kitty's logic, you agree and vote to lynch him.

Next:

At 4:10, Blue votes Kitty
At 4:18, Kraut votes Blue
At 4:26,
you
vote Blue

You latch onto the BlueRaven vote.

Next:

At 4:08, Key votes Zach

At 8:43,
you
vote Zach

At 4:37, Kitty votes Zach

At 1:44, Reckon votes Zach

At 7:15, Illini votes Zach

After initially voting for TFGM, you vote for Blue. Then, Key rekindles the Zach vote, and you follow behind, yet again. (However, I will note that the response time wasn't as suspicious as the other two.)
geekalicious wrote:@Zachrulez, why are you whip-lashing your vote around so much? You quickly go from voting for me to voting for 12Keyblade to now voting for xRECKONERx.
This doesn't so look much like meticulous scum hunting/ pressure voting to me as it seems like you just finding someone else to blame on the spur of the moment.
Now, looking at this quote, in response to Zach, who is a now known villager, you don't seem to be practicing what you preach; it looks like hypocrisy.

I will put emphasis on this segment:
"as it seems like you just finding someone else to blame o
n the spur of the moment.
"

I will also note this:

Geek's vote timing/response in the case of:

TFGM ~ twenty-six minutes
Blue ~ six minutes
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Monsieur »

One more post, which will be followed up with my modified vote.

"What?! I'm not scum-buddying!"

I find it ironic that in this post, you seem to be surprised that Zach is accusing you of scum-buddying with Kitty. Yet, you respond to my post voting for
Kitty
, even rationalize
her
actions and yet
you had no correlation to my post whatsoever.

unvote

vote: geekalicious
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by 12Keyblade »

It's kinda late, so this might be spammy, but ATM geek's at L-2. Content in the morning.
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by geekalicious »

@Monsieur: I can see your point about KittyMo now. I still personally wouldn't classify the votes on the same level, but I do see what you're saying.
Monsieur wrote:Why are you whip-lashing your vote, Geek?
I was using my votes in the case of TheFlyingGreenMonkey and BlueRaven as pressure votes that I withdrew when answers were forthcoming or, in the case of BlueRaven, when he started contributing to the discussion. With Zachrulez, I feel like I took more time to analyze him over a series of time and then built a case up against him based on multiple points. He had launched full out attacks on five players (me, 12Keyblade, xRECKONERx, Krauthammer, ronnieroo) that weren't based on sound logic and seemed like he was trying to put the blame on someone else, so I felt justified in my vote for him especially since he later refused to even really deny the claims or role claim at the end. Also, keep in mind that this is my first game, so my game style is likely to change over the course of the game. I've been trying to be more careful in my analysis to try and avoid mislynching another innocent.
Monsieur wrote:I find it ironic that in this post, you seem to be surprised that Zach is accusing you of scum-buddying with Kitty. Yet, you respond to my post voting for Kitty, even rationalize her actions and yet you had no correlation to my post whatsoever.
I was genuinely surprised that Zachrulez accused me of scumbuddying. However, I don't see how that's related to your second point... No, your post wasn't related to me, but I see it as my job in scum-hunting to point out contradictions I see in posts, even if those posts aren't aimed at me. I based my case on Zachrulez on him using faulty logic and stretching posts to make it seem like others were being scummy. It's sort of natural for me to point out what I saw as a contradiction in your post.
12Keyblade wrote:It's kinda late, so this might be spammy, but ATM geek's at L-2. Content in the morning.
No, I think I'm at L-3. illiniguy09 and Monsieur are the only votes that I see.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by geekalicious »

*head desk* Sorry, 12Keyblade.... I forgot that it's 4 to lynch now. Thanks for the reminder.
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Monsieur »

to geekalicious,

I'd also like to acknowledge that this is my first game.
Care to expound that thought on "pressure voting"?

More or less, what it is, how you executed that in the thread, and what you've accomplished with it?
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:12 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Content promised and delivered!

Page 1:

reverendpsycho votes for me in the RVS. I vote him back, and this simple exchange is overanalyzed forevermore.
I also ask questions of all the players about their playstyle/how they think the game should be played.

Page 2:
In his first post, TheFlyingGreenMonkey votes for no lynch, then says "I don't like first day random kills." KittyMo votes for him, causing him to switch to her for voting him. Geek then votes for TFGM, who mentions that "two votes agianst one person seems like a cordnated attack." As I was casting suspicion on him as well as ronnieroo, it wasn't really 2 people. Krauthammer states that he doesn't want to start a bandwagon, but he finds all of TFGM's post scummy/radically misinformed.
Reckoner brings up an excellent point about how in one of geek's posts, he rationalizes his bandwagon jump by bringing me up, in case TFGM turns up town (which he does).

Page 3:
BlueRaven votes for KittyMo "just cause i'm going with the crowd." This inspires a major bandwagon, yay for bandwagons! Krauthammer, geekalicious and xRECKONERx all place votes. I FOSed him with the intent of soon putting him at L-1.

Page 4:
BlueRaven's defense consists mostly of "oh well," with little actual defense.

Page 5:
BlueRaven's defense for lack of defense says that scum would defend, but town wouldn't.

Page 6:
After avoiding our requests to "explain," BlueRaven answers one set of questions.
Zachrulez, our replacement for TFGM, votes for geek. He proceeds to suspect geek for the rest of his life (tee hee). reverendpsycho votes for geek as well.
My much-hated Scum-O-Meter makes an appearance and...

Page 7:
is immediatly ridiculed by everyone. Zachrulez accuses me of rolefishing due to my PBPAs.

Pages 8-10:
Zachrulez begins to bring cases against reverendpsycho and xRECKONERx.

Page 11:
I get off topic (as I am wont to do) and begin discussing my lunch with Zach. crap, now I want breakfast. Zach states that he could see any combination of me, geek and reckoner being scumbuddies. On this and the next page Zach and reckoner begin a long argument with Zach as the interrogater. Unfortunatly, this doesn't help us much, as both are dead townies.

Page 13:
Zach begins a case on krauthammer.

Page 14:
xRECKONERx suggest posting our #3 scum candidate, which is well accepted.
Zach picks up on a post of ronnie's where she mentions a couple of mafia goons. Reckoner and Zach vote for her. I vote Zach because of his constant voteswapping.

--at this point ronnie and I leave--

Page 16:
Zach gives a lovely PBPA of ronnie stating that she never votes. Geek returns with one of Zach, and votes for him.

Page 18:
Zach accuses geek of buddying to Kitty.

Page 20:
Zach is lynched.

---Day 2---
In his first post, BlueRaven votes for illiniguy09.

Page 21:
Kitty and I get off topic again about HP6. illiniguy09 OMGUS votes geek and FOSes BlueRaven. Kitty and I both suck up to the mod.

Page 22:
Monsieur votes for KittyMo after doing a quick reread. He then switches his vote to geek after two content-laced posts. Seriously, are you related to anyone named Mastin?

So here's what I think:
geek, BlueRaven, Zach and I looked scummy to start. Since then, posting has dropped off from BlueRaven (can you drop from nothing?), geek has slightly dropped, and I've kept about the same. Zach's dead, of course. To be honest, I think one of us 3 is scum at least. I'm more inclined to vote for geek, as BlueRaven SOUNDS like a newbie. I don't want to put him at L-1 yet and give scum (if he's not) a chance to hammer. Now I want me some breakfast!
Join the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13797]Fluxx Tournament![/url]

[i]"Then I shall make you see... that your hopes are nothing! Nothing but a mere illusion!"[/i]
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 am

Post by geekalicious »

Monsieur wrote:Care to expound that thought on "pressure voting"?

More or less, what it is, how you executed that in the thread, and what you've accomplished with it?
Well, the line of thought for me on that was that answers about questions would be more forthcoming from players about the allegations if I voted for them. However, I've since seen that this isn't always the best strategy and that I should probably have waited and seen more actions/ simply used a FOS before I voted.
12Keyblade wrote:I'm more inclined to vote for geek, as BlueRaven SOUNDS like a newbie.
So wait. Since I try to really look for scum and back my conclusions up with explanations in well-formatted posts and thus don't SOUND like a newbie, that means you're more likely to vote for me? Wow...
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:16 am

Post by geekalicious »

12Keyblade wrote:Since then, posting has dropped off from BlueRaven (can you drop from nothing?), geek has slightly dropped, and I've kept about the same.
Yes.... I've noted that both BlueRaven and ronnieroo don't post very much.
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Monsieur »

What's the difference between your pressure voting and Zach's?

I can answer this question.

Looking back on day one, there is one significant difference between the use of your vote and the use of Zach's vote.
Your
vote was used to support arguments that weren't your own; you never went out of your way to contribute different reasons, rather you parroted others.
On the other hand, Zach was willing to start new wagons and back it up with
his
thought process, whether weak or otherwise. You claim that your voting was used to attempt to make players be more forthcoming with their answers.

No.

If anything, you impeded that from happening by voting to lynch Zach.
Zach's votes were reaction testers. His game play was reactionary and the interactions with the people whom he argued with could provide to be useful.
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Monsieur »

Who is Mastin?

In response to BlueRaven, here are her wagon voters and timestamps:

At 4:10, Blue votes Kitty
At 4:18, Kraut votes Blue
At 4:26, Geek votes Blue

I'd like to think Blue is a villager at this point.

The speed of the wagon that formed on her was suspicious. Then, after looking through the actual reasons for voting her, it looks to me as if the mafia were going after easy prey and/or encouraging her lynch, but not committing due to them knowing she will come out villa post-lynch.

Which leads me to the more obvious prey, Zach.
I do think the scum were on his wagon, so I would start there if we are all 'scum-hunting'.
Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Monsieur »

I'd like to hear
ronnieroo's
thoughts on who her suspicions lean towards post-Zach-lynch.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Monsieur wrote:Who is Mastin?
Mastin is a player known for exceptionally long posts filled with wonderful content. Really, it's quite brilliant.

geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:27 am

Post by geekalicious »

Monsieur wrote:What's the difference between your pressure voting and Zach's?

I can answer this question.
1. Don't pose a question to me then answer it yourself. That's just rude.
Zachrulez wrote:Looking back on day one, there is one significant difference between the use of your vote and the use of Zach's vote. Your vote was used to support arguments that weren't your own; you never went out of your way to contribute different reasons, rather you parroted others.
On the other hand, Zach was willing to start new wagons and back it up with his thought process, whether weak or otherwise. You claim that your voting was used to attempt to make players be more forthcoming with their answers.

No.

If anything, you impeded that from happening by voting to lynch Zach.
Zach's votes were reaction testers. His game play was reactionary and the interactions with the people whom he argued with could provide to be useful.
2. Yes, Zachrulez used his votes are reaction testers. However, as you'll note, that strategy made him look like scum and got him lynched when he was just an innocent. That's why I deliberately mentioned (with bold added):
geekalicious wrote:Well, the line of thought for me on that was that answers about questions would be more forthcoming from players about the allegations if I voted for them.
However, I've since seen that this isn't always the best strategy and that I should probably have waited and seen more actions/ simply used a FOS before I voted.
I'm basically admitting to you that my first two votes were based on only one major scumtell early in the game on the part of TheFlyingGreenMonkey and BlueRaven, and that I probably should have waited it out and seen more about the players before I cast my vote. I'm trying to be more meticulous and weigh my cases out better now, something you can see when I cast my vote against Zachrulez.

Additionally, I also suspect that scum was on Zachrulez's wagon. However, my progress in sniffing out scum is being somewhat impeded by the fact that illiniguy09 (my main suspect at the moment) hasn't posted anymore content in reply to my suspicions.

Finally, 12Keyblade, I noted that you've posted in the thread but you didn't reply to my comment about the way your voting is leaning based on how a player "sounds." Would you mind commenting?
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:35 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

Oh, sorry. I missed that.
geekalicious wrote:So wait. Since I try to really look for scum and back my conclusions up with explanations in well-formatted posts and thus don't SOUND like a newbie, that means you're more likely to vote for me? Wow...
TBH, yes. But not because of your posting style. Within BlueRaven's badly spelled and formatted posts I sense a hint of "town." Within your posts, I've found that I have an easier time believing you to be scum than BlueRaven. Oh believe me, I can put on a pretty face and make nice analysies even when I'm scum, so simply the fact that you're posting well does not automatically mean that you are completly cleared to me.

ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 am

Post by ronnieroo »

My list with comments on each (living) player:

12Keyblade:
Posts quite abit. Some posts are spammy and somewhat off-topic. Says that people acting more like noobies don't draw as much of his suspicion. This makes me some what worried. What makes you think this way?
BlueRaven:
Hasn't posted all that much since he voted for KittyMo, and was being pushed on by everyone. Who do you currently find suspicous? Didn't vote for Zach. Considering his "I'm going to follow people" thing at the beginning of the game this kind of confuses me. Did you change your mind?
geekalicious:
Posts some. Posts don't seem as spammy to me. I still feel like he's(she's?) following. I understand that in your first game you naturally want to follow others. I disagree with illiniguy. I really don't feel like he(she?) was the first to push on Zach.
KittyMo:
Posting style seems the same as Keyblade's if a tad less spammy.
illiniguy09:
That vote and FOS still concern me. Please explain them? Voted for Zach under other peoples logic.
Monsieur:
Just came into the game. Took me three tries to spell his name.
ronnieroo:
That's me.

I'm currently looking at (in ABC order) Geek, illini (would help if he'd answer my Q's), and Raven.

Looking back at last nights kill:
xRECKONERx voting/FOSing patteren:
Votes KittyMo (page one) For not having a kitten as her ava. (unvotes page three)
Votes for BlueRaven (page three) For voting no lynch.
Unvotes/FOSs Raven (page four) Doesn't think it warrants a vote
Votes reverend (page seven) Wants to here about Geek's contradiction from rev.
Votes me (page fourteen) on a slip
Unvotes me (page seventeen) says Zach's case is weak
Votes Zach (page nineteen) Says he appears the most scummy.
Votes stays on Zach and Zach is lynched.
Votes/FOSs on xRECKONERx:
KeyBlade FOSs (page two) for possible stifling discussion.
Zach votes (page 9)

Looking back at the voting patterens here I'm going to guess that Rev was killed because he was an IC and possibly wasn't on to any mafia member, thus making him a safe lynch, that is unless
a. Raven was mafia and was afraid that with illini's vote on page 17 the case agianst him might come back alive when Zach was found innocent.
b. Rev decided to kill him for voting for him.
c. KittyMo took that avatar comment way too seriously.
I'm going to go with a random pick/picked because he was an IC.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 am

Post by BlueRaven »

im gonna be on v/la till saturday, sorry for such the short notice guys...
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:51 am

Post by BlueRaven »

btw why would i want to kill reckoner? he was defending me more than trying to lynch me. and the case illini brought up wasnt very strong in my opinion, it just covered all the old pointers about me which we've all seen before...
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:56 am

Post by ronnieroo »

He voted for you at one time.

I just listed all the possiblities. You'll note that I concluded that it was probably a random kill/kill because he was an IC.
12Keyblade
12Keyblade
Goon
12Keyblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 am

Post by 12Keyblade »

BlueRaven wrote:btw why would i want to kill reckoner? he was defending me more than trying to lynch me. and the case illini brought up wasnt very strong in my opinion, it just covered all the old pointers about me which we've all seen before...
Hello WIFOM. Dear god.

Monsieur
Monsieur
Townie
Monsieur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Monsieur »

Monsieur wrote:I'd like to hear
ronnieroo's
thoughts on who her suspicions lean towards post-Zach-lynch.
ronnieroo, I am quoting this for emphasis as I am currently interested in what your response is.
geekalicious wrote: Additionally, I also suspect that scum was on Zachrulez's wagon. However, my progress in sniffing out scum is being somewhat impeded by the fact that illiniguy09 (my main suspect at the moment) hasn't posted anymore content in reply to my suspicions.

Finally, 12Keyblade, I noted that you've posted in the thread but you didn't reply to my comment about the way your voting is leaning based on how a player "sounds." Would you mind commenting?
Please start and/or continue investigating minor suspects then.

---

In regards to the night kill, which has already been mentioned, I was under the impression that it was an attack based on experience; there were no other benefits to killing him because he could have been a vote wagon today.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”