Newbie 794 - Day 4 A Townie Claimed cop and a Dead Doc

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:11 am

Post by Blackberry »

First off, I will present my case on why I am confident Civil is not scum, and if he is, then he's done an excellent job and has fooled me entirely.

A) he has been gunning for MordyS forever, those two have been bickering like an old married couple =P
B) Civil had a perfect claim as Cop, nobody CCed, if he was scum all he had to do was keep it up and woulda won in the endgame

Ok... now to the fact that there was no death last night. Anix, haylen, and crywolf (and let's include me, lol) had NO idea Civil Scum was lying about being cop. If any of us were mafia, all four of us would have instantly selected him as a target to kill for fear that he would have investigated one of us and gameover. Don on the other hand, would have kept Civil alive and selected a different target. Thus a NK would make me think Don is clear as well as Civil.

HOWEVER, Don before lynch said to save him as he was a "confirmed" townie. If Don were scum he would have KNOWN Civil was lying and thus would have kept him alive to make himself look innocent. Don was probably not expecting Civil to admit he was lying and would have figured that if Civil was around Don would for sure be safe and later Civil might become the target in endgame if he faked a guilty claim on me.

Don would also know the settup. Don knows that he and MordyS were both goons and no roleblockers and nobody counterclaimed cop so the only logical deduction is that there is a doctor out there. So Don decided to ask Doctor to save him and perhaps decided to perform a No Kill in hopes that doctor would confirm don as town.

*Don's whole "fuck it" comment as well as his address to ask doctor to save DON makes me think that the above may have been Don's plan

Also, if Don was mafia with MordyS, MordyS would also have known Civil's claim was fake. MordyS earlier said or asked if he should claim in a way that made me think he was about to claim a power role. MordyS was scum, as we know, and could have easily counter-claimed Civil. however, if he knew Civil was lying (via Don being his partner), and perhaps to use that to his advantage, decided to accept the claim as it cleared his partner for awhile, thus why he didn't counterclaim.

haylen is my other top suspect at this moment. Looking back, haylen and MordyS have never voted for eachother.

With all that said, in case you had not caught on to it yet, I am Doctor. I protected Civil last night. This is also why earlier when I said I wanted a claim from MordyS & Don and MordyS or someone asked why I responded with
"I have my reasons"
. Random fact: Bee before me saved Civil Night 1, which is why I had asked him if he breadcrumbed Day 1.

In the obscure event Civil does not believe my claim: There is no doubt in my mind, or probably anyone else's mind, that I assumed you would have investigated me and thus my only option, if I was mafia, would be to kill you. I had no way of predicting you were lying about your claim. I would not have risked a No Kill and obviously nobody else was the doctor that saved your life. So get your vote off me and help me find the last scum. :wink:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 am

Post by Blackberry »

Errr, I may have forgot to mention. I was hopeing to catch scum claim doctor, which is why I asked both haylen and don if they were doctor. Although with my theory haylen woulda known there WAS a doctor cuz her kill on Civil didn't go through and wouldn't have claimed it and don would have been clueless... errr, on second thought, even if don did NO KILL, he woulda known there was a doctor cuz of his role and he knew cop was fake and that there had to be a doctor. Although I was still hopeing one would f*ck up and try to claim it, lol.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:13 am

Post by don_johnson »

hm. interesting claim. enfys was a top suspect of mine and on reread they don't look good as well. problem is, neither do you.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:47 am

Post by don_johnson »

no.

vote: blackberry

a no-kill only benefits the player claiming doc. no-kill does not benefit scumdj. if blakcberry was actually the doc, then he would have been thinking there was a roleblocker. no reason to protect the cop as he would obviously be roleblocked and scum would be doc-hunting. berry should have protected me. he didn't stop a kill. he saw his only option as submitting a no-kill and claiming doc. he only needs two mislynches to win.

its been bee/mordys all along. we cannot let this claim stand in the way of his past scumminess.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Yes

Nevermind that Anix was watching that D-2 and never posted. But someone switched his gatorade with urine? Sounds like he feels like he got screwed out of something...his night kill maybe?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Civil Scum »

EBWOP: Post above was in respone to blackberry's 674. I didn't see this page.

I see what you're saying Dj, that Blackberry as a doctor would know the roles (ie- 1 scum goon and 1 role-blocker) and protecting me would be a poor choice.

The theories you have on Dj are very well thought out, but they don't excuse what you claimed to have done.

Any case I might have made on you Blackberry was always going to be more about Mordys implicating you. But now you've really done it. Like you said, you took me as the cop. So you must have known there was a role-blocker and a goon.

I'd certainly appreciate some unvotes on me since this stuff is much more interesting. On top of which my lying was not scummy.

confirm vote: blackberry

A laudable effort but fundamentally flawed.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Civil Scum »

I might look around at anix, crywolf, or don if Blackberry weren't an IC. But he's been playing for years and obviously knows the setups and how the roles work. And I wouldn't put it past him to risk the no kill.

You could have waited to claim to avoid a counter-claim from an inexperienced player (which always sucks when you are full of it).

You also might have "waited" because you didn't think there was a doctor. And once you found out I was just a townie and not a cop, it gave you your best option. To claim doctor, explaining the no-kill, and playing me through the rest of the game. I wouldn't put this past you either.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 am

Post by AniX »

Civil Scum wrote:You're right, not lynching Dj and lynching scum was clearly the bad move.
anix wrote: My lurking or non-lurking is an irrelevant state of events in regards to you defending why you felt lying to the town was the most pro-town move you could do.
My lying is an irrelevant state of affairs relative to who Mordys scum partner is.
Like Blackberry for example.
anix wrote: I don't know, I don't like people offering me Gatorade and telling me it is urine the next day.
I don't know, but considering that you didn't post or even vote during the entire thing, I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I would say Anix is not a likely suspect. I find it unlikely that Mordys would have singled out his scum partner D-1 and stuck his vote and voice on him the whole day, especially since it's a lynch that might have happened. Also, not much reason for Mordys to go out of his way to do that when no one else was.

Much safer to assume that Mordys partner was in the lurker pool, but one of the two he avoided D-1 (Haylen and Blackberry/Bee) and probably the one he lied about constantly D-2 (Blackberry).

See what I'm doing here Anix? Called: Making sense.
But hey, atleast you're posting!
Lurking is chaotic neutral. Lying is Lawful Evil. I have a long record of "lurking" until I see someone mess up and then I leap on them. I should hope you don't have a record of lying to the town and false-claiming.

I like how you keep referring to my lurking like it mitigates the fact you lied to the town. Just because it resulted in what appears to be a pro-town event doesn't mean your move was pro-town. I want to hear pretty much your step-by-step process that lead you to arrive at "Lie to the town" as the best pro-town move you could make.

But seriously, kid, you can't be bitching about people being mean to you like you did earlier and than have the level of snark you are currently showing. Shit don't fly.

Blackberry: How is it mud-slinging to accuse someone who makes one claim day 1 and a different claim day two of being a liar?

Haylen: Quote tag fail. Ignore it.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:59 am

Post by AniX »

Civil Scum wrote:Yes

Nevermind that Anix was watching that D-2 and never posted. But someone switched his gatorade with urine? Sounds like he feels like he got screwed out of something...his night kill maybe?
You handed me the gatorade of a cop claim and then were like "ACTUALLY THAT SHIT IS TOWNIE URINE FOR REALZ! LULZ LULZ LULZ LYING TO THE TOWN!" and were unrepentant for it. I got screwed out of my ability to believe a claim from a player.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Blackberry »

Wow you guys are just stupid.

You've left me no choice Civil. If you won't work with me...

Vote: Civil
for pathetic game play
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Blackberry »

If, hypothetically speaking, I was a roleblocker I would have submittsed SOME sort of kill. No way would I have submitted a NO KILL as that makes no sense whatsoever.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Blackberry »

don_johnson wrote:no.

vote: blackberry

a no-kill only benefits the player claiming doc. no-kill does not benefit scumdj. if blakcberry was actually the doc, then he would have been thinking there was a roleblocker. no reason to protect the cop as he would obviously be roleblocked and scum would be doc-hunting. berry should have protected me. he didn't stop a kill. he saw his only option as submitting a no-kill and claiming doc. he only needs two mislynches to win.

its been bee/mordys all along. we cannot let this claim stand in the way of his past scumminess.
This scenario
would indicate me as a Roleblocker, and with a Cop claim, that would me in my mind there is also a doctor out there. Thus I would not NO KILL and claim doctor as I already KNOW there is a doctor. You are not very intelligent don.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

anix wrote: I have a long record of "lurking" until I see someone mess up and then I leap on them.
That's all well and great for YOU. But if you don't contribute to the game how is any other townie supposed to get a read on you? Your play is anti-town and may I suggest, you are a shit player.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Ok sorry, apparently I am dead.

Wtf is snark? *Sigh, the 'great' Anix.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Civil Scum is lynched.

He was a townie.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Fritzler »

Black "thumper" berry is dead. He was your friendly neighborhood doctor.
Surfs up dude.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i believe its lylo. i should be pretty much confirmed here. no votes please.

FoS's should do just fine. i would like to reread yesterday.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

uh. how are you confirmed. ...
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Also, It's mylo. Learn to count.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by don_johnson »

a) scumdj would have known that civil was lieing and therefore would not have attempted to nk him. most likely scenario is that scum tried to nk civil and failed. they would not have expected there to be a doc save because due to the possible set-ups they would have thought that cop was the only town pr in play. i am not "confirmed" 100%, but scumdj is the least likely scenario from a logical point of view.

b) what is mylo? 3 townies, one scum. if we mislynch, scum nk's townie, tomorrow is 1/1 and a scum win, no? i was under the impression that the term was lylo.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:20 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Mylo= Mislynch or lose. In this state, we No Lynch. And i'm p sure this isn't a must lynch game.
Just checked Rule 5 lets us
Vote: No Lynch
which is the very correct move.
also
Fos: DJ
due to your point a. Speculating "You wouldn't do this as scum" is a really stupid move. Looks like your trying to justify yourself, no?

Don't vote til AniX and Haylen have posted today.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:26 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

here let me break it down even more for you.
3v1 today has worse odds of lynching scum than 2v1 tomorrow if we no lynch.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

that's not what i am saying. i am saying scumdj is the least likely scenario given the evidence. it would make zero sense for scumdj to kill someone who would implicate. its not reverse psychology or wifom. its common sense.

i am fine with a no lynch. thanks for the explanation.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Haylen »

Right, No lynch is always the best thing to do in a situation where we know there are 3 townies and 1 scum. I think it best if we no lynch today, but discuss who we should lynch tomorrow (and what we should do about possible NK results).
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Trying to clear your self with "common sense" still doesn't make you clear. Actually its quite the opposite imo. I don't like it when people clear themselves. at all.

Discussing NK is kinda dumb but this is the time to discuss the lynch for tomorrow.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”