Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:54 am

Post by Someone »

I don't. I came under the impression that team rocket didn't have any pokemon. Is that true? If it is, then how would he know what bulbasaur did?

Unvote:Pbug
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:12 am

Post by Fletcher »

I can't think of anytime where Team Rocket didn't have pokemon. Every Pokemon game, movie, or TV show I've had experience with they've had Pokemon. If I had to guess though I would say that they probably already have some Pokemon like Ekans or Arbok and Koffing or Weezing and Meowth (Meowth might be a member the team though). Just some thoughts.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:08 pm

Post by mathcam »

mole wrote:Members of Team Rocket are not allowed to participate in the League.
Hmm, this does seem to clear mlaker and PBuG right off the bat, as they both knew what the Bulbosaur does.

Unvote: PBuG

Or am I misreading mole's post?

Cam
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:02 pm

Post by Stewie »

Well, they can't be on the league, but i think they could still own pokemon. It's like owning a football, but not being able to sign up for a tounament because you are overaged. You ca still play football, just not in the tournament. Sorry if I was a bit confusing, but I just tryed to explain it in a way eveyone can relate to.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:47 am

Post by shadyforce »

Fletcher: I think we've already established that Team Rocket could own any pokémon and that someone having one of the pokémon you named doesn't necessarily mean that they are Rockets.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:19 am

Post by Fletcher »

Yeah, I guess.

Unvote: PBuG

Small FoS: PBuG
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:35 am

Post by mathcam »

It seems quite possible that Team Rocket might not be able to recruit Pokemon but have other abilities. Maybe they can steal
our
Pokemon. So basically it comes down to this:

If we feel that Team Rocket isn't capable of recruiting wild Pokemon (because they're not allowed in the tournament), then PBuG and mlaker are almost certainly cleared.

Otherwise, I'm most suspicious of PBuG.

Fletcher...I don't understand your last post. If you're conceding that Team Rocket could, for example, own Bulbosaur, then wouldn't that
support
the argument against PBuG? Yet you unvoted him.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:02 am

Post by massive »

I'm curious where the concept that mlaker knew what Bulbasaur did came from. Nowhere does he say he knew what Bulbasaur did before PBuG's role claim; all mlaker did was say "yeah, I have one too" and go on. Someone was actually the one saying "well we can clear mlaker and PBuG since they have the same Pokemon." This "clearing of PBuG" by mlaker proves absolutely nothing about mlaker's affiliation. Or PBuG's for that matter. In fact, I don't think we should use "which Pokemon we have" as a basis of clearing people at all ... heck, we could ALL try and catch Bulbasaurs tonight just to clear ourselves.

If there's anything that might prove innocence, it's probably original Pokemon, since I doubt that any of those were repeated. At least, I'd be really suspicious of anyone who came up with MY original Pokemon, that's for sure.

Vote stands.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:04 am

Post by mathcam »

Are the original pokemon somehow distinguishable from the recruitable ones?

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:13 am

Post by shadyforce »

Maybe if we randomly group everyone in 2s. Each pair agree to catch the same pokémon each night. They could verify that they each have actually caught it by say posting every other word each. Then if Rockets can't catch pokémon, they could be found out? Worth a try maybe?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:21 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, that's definitely quoting the mod. If the Pokemon has two pieces of important information, they could each reveal one. If not, we could divide it up over two nights or something. But the mafia might have extra information that'll clear them...or someone could get role-blocked from recruiting and then we'd lynch 'em for not having the right information. I definitely see what you're saying, but here's a lot of ways it could go wrong.

Cam
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:29 am

Post by Someone »

Are the original pokemon somehow distinguishable from the recruitable ones?
I am 99% sure that original pokemon are the same as recruitable ones.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:30 am

Post by mathcam »

So massive's " I'd be really suspicious of anyone who came up with MY original Pokemon, that's for sure. " doesn't hold a lot of water, right?

Cam
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:33 am

Post by Someone »

yep
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:56 pm

Post by TBuG »

Not that this is helping me, but I should think TR would have pokemon, as they would be masquerading (sp?) as regular trainers... Jessie and James often wore disguises that Ash & friends couldn't immediately see through.

Just to be sure:
Mod: Can TR own pokemon?
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:01 pm

Post by discer »

Mole wrote:
Only pokémon numbered 1 - 149 (Bulbasaur to Dragonite) are permitted in this year's League.
I don't know anything about pokemon so I'm just wondering if this answers any questions about recruitable vs. original pokemon and such.

Again, I don't know...... but I would tend to think that TR has pokemon, how else would they hurt us?

shadyforce wrote:
Maybe if we randomly group everyone in 2s. Each pair agree to catch the same pokémon each night. They could verify that they each have actually caught it by say posting every other word each. Then if Rockets can't catch pokémon, they could be found out? Worth a try maybe?
Is it a given that we will catch the pokemon of our choosing each night? If not this already won't work. I'm not a big fan of exravagant plans in mini games anyway. They usually take too much time to be effective. Just my thoughts.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:38 am

Post by Someone »

Just an off topic comment, but it must of taken a long time to make this game...149 roles....
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:17 am

Post by mathcam »

The reason I tend to think TR have Pokemon is exactly becuase of what's happening. If they didn't, then we could all verify each other by recruiting the same mafia at night. The rockets would be the only ones without, so that would be immediately obvious. So either TR has Pokemon to recruit also, or there's a serious flaw in the game. It's safest for us to assume the former.

All in all, my PBuG vote is becoming more and more entrenched.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:10 am

Post by massive »

Hrm. Two things. One, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no difference between initial Pokemon and captured Pokemon. But by the same token, I would be surprised if any two of us had the same initial Pokemon. That's why I believe that initial Pokemon is probably the only indicator of innocence, if there is indeed one.

Two, I would be surprised if anyone caught my initial Pokemon. I imagine it's possible, but seeing as how all of our claims seem to have gone for the generic "cartoon-related" Pokemon, I think it would take a couple dozen nights to hit it. :)

Again, I'm not seeing Bulbasaur as any indicator of innocence. I guess we can bandwagon either way, but whatever. It just seems like mlaker pulled out that Bulbasaur card as an easy way to push off whatever suspicion is on him. He got lumped into the "innocent by Bulbasaur" group WAY too easily. Go back and look at his post.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:28 am

Post by mlaker »

Well I sure didn't think my having a Bulbasaur would throw suspicion on me but at the time I wasn't thinking that PBuG could have Bulbasaur and be a Rocket. PBuG was all I had but that was random.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:45 am

Post by mathcam »

It sure would be nice to lynch a TR so we could find out some information about them. As I've probably mentioned several times, I bet everyone has an initial pokemon, so the bulbosaur logic just doesn't pan out. Hence (again) the vote. We're certainly not coming up with any
new
information...so we have to either lynch PBuG or force someone else to reveal. PBuG's already made his claim weird by saying "generic townie" and I doubt we'll get anything as weird from anyone else.

My vote's going to stay on PBuG unless the town goes and bandwagons someone else and by some miracle manages to catch them in a lie.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:01 am

Post by shadyforce »

Unvote: Massive
(forgot to change that)
Vote: PBuG

I don't think we will go anywhere today, so we might as well just lynch him now instead of waiting on a deadline lynch. that is unles someone else comes up with a better idea.

Also, I really hate when people claim 'just a boring townie', although a lot of the time, it's not their fault.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:08 am

Post by massive »

Well, I'm sure this will be played off as just an innocent slip-up, but I sure find it interesting that mathcam has commented twice about maintaining his PBuG vote despite having unvoted him at the top of this page.

As for PBuG ... the "generic townie" just doesn't strike me as a slip-up. I probably would have said I was a generic townie as well. It's not like I'm a special "name" trainer like Ash or Brock or anything. The mlaker "me too" comment just strikes me as WAY more suspicious.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:54 am

Post by mlaker »

It seems to me that massive is protecting PBuG. I say today we lynch PBuG and if he's a rocket we go for massive. Mod:Can I have a vote count please?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:54 am

Post by massive »

mlaker, will you say anything at all to redirect attention when you're in trouble? If I'm doing anything, it's trying to show how much MORE likely it is that you're scum than PBuG. I've had no problem giving out information about myself and my Pokemon in this game, and I'm at least TRYING to find Mafia rather than pointing random fingers at whoever comes at me.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me where mlaker knew what Bulbasaur did before it was listed in the thread, since that seems to have been bandied about as a reason he was innocent, and yet I can't find it. Yeah, he claimed he had one, but his comment was casually thrown in and didn't provide any additional information. Of course, it could be that since I was already suspicious of him at that point, I'm looking too hard ...

Ugh. We could all pick the same Pokemon night after night and make no progress. I'm purposefully picking Pokemon that hopefully NO ONE else is choosing. And I'm advocating that, for future roleclaims, name of Pokemon only for first claim so that way we can determine if anyone ELSE has caught one and can confirm the abilities.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”