Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm not a habitual liar. I PM'd Vi to tell her I was ill, unfortunately I can't quote PM's i've sent to the mod.

You shouldn't lynch me because I found inconsistancies with Lynch and need to post them, so we can catch real scum.

You're too closed minded. And stubborn. It's infuriating. But I think you're town for now.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Raskol »

So post them tomorrow. It's not like we're going to be able to lynch you today, you already hammered onion, remember? I can't imagine why you'd think that my being suspicious of you now is somehow going to prevent you from posting whatever you want about lynch. Is that really your best defense, your best reason why I shouldn't think you're scum? Some kind of laughable OJ Simpson "WE GOTTA CATCH THE REAL KILLER" nonsense?

Here's a summary of your reactions since I posted suspicion of you, in order:

-called me a retard.
-threatened to have me modkilled for providing evidence against you.
-ordered me not to 'dare' accuse you of lying
-admitted to lying
-made up a bs excuse for lying
-made an appeal to emotion, "lynch me tomorrow if you want", boo hoo!
-made a townie claim with 0 votes
-tried to buddy with nikanor
-made a ridiculous "call" out to scum, asking to be NK'ed and saying that lynching hurts your pride (emotional appeal and silly insult to everyone's intelligence)
-brought up some bs about acting which nobody cares about
-asserted that you're not scum without giving any evidence
-threatend to insult me again (ohnoes)
-gave a terrible reason why you're not scum (see paragraph above)
-called me closed minded and stubborn, presumably because I'm accusing you and would like you to provide an actual argument.

I don't know about you, but that doesn't scream town to me. It's good though, that you're so willing to keep digging yourself deeper.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Raskol »

Oh, just an aside: remember, this is just a game. You shouldn't take it personally when someone accuses you of deceit here. In this game, deceit is the POINT (if you're mafia).

Take it in stride and you'll have more fun.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Haylen »

Yer. Whatever. I get mislynched loads for the same reasons. Trying to improve and failing. My reaction is natural coming from me, if you've read any of my games, you will see that. Although the insult is not natural and I apologise for that. I do know the theory almost perfectly though, and if something unfamiliar comes up, I find out easily. Don't mention acting if you don't want it to be commented on lol/

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Raskol »

Sorry, but the 'natural coming from me' thing isn't going to work again. You've done enough to confirm my previous suspicions and if onion comes up scum I will waste no time getting you lynched.

Again, nothing personal. At this point, for me, it's a matter of waiting to see how Onion flips. If he's townie, you'll still be way up there on the list, but I'll count it as a big point in your favor.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Haylen »

but that makes no sense...

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Raskol »

I already explained how it makes perfect sense, but I'll repeat myself just this once.

You were lurking today, hanging around this forum without posting in this thread. You knew it was teh deadline and yet you neither voted nor made any attempt at discussion of an alternate lynch until I called you out, at which point you immediately hammered onion. Your behavior suggests that you were hoping for a no-lynch today and were panicked into hammering onion by my post.

If onion is scum, then your behavior is easily explainable by you being scum also: a no lynch is obviously better for you than a lynch of your scumpartner, but you ended up taking the next best option, bussing your partner, after it became clear that you weren't going to be allowed to get away with lurking until the day was over.

If onion is town, then it would make no sense for you to attempt a no-lynch today, since if you're scum you would love to lynch town and wouldn't need to have been forced to hammer. You would have already done it during one of the numerous times you were on the forum today. So if onion is town, it is more likely that you are town as well.

Got it?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Haylen »

I was under the impression that the player with the most votes got lynched actually.

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Raskol »

Vi wrote: 9.
When does the Day end?
The Day ends when either a true majority of the living players are voting for someone, or the deadline occurs. If a majority of the living players are voting for someone, that player will immediately be LYNCHED (killed, removed from the game) and Night will begin.
What happens at deadline?
If the deadline occurs before anyone reaches a majority vote, the game moves to Night and
No Lynch occurs
. Some mods lessen the requirements to lynch at deadline. I do not. A lynch will always require a full majority of the players' consent.
Nope.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Haylen »

Wow. Really need to read the rules rather than skim read, gonna bite me in the ass one day. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Raskol »

I hope you'll understand that I'm disinclined to believe this from you, given the rest. But I'll take it into account.

My suspicion of Haylen-scum if Onion-scum has moved from 95% to about 90%. Cause: plausible (if inexcusably antitown) excuse. It hasn't moved more because, again, you've been lying before and you've no reason to stop now. It would be better if you had something that wasn't so ad hoc, but I have to admit it's something at least.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Haylen »

what does 'ad hoc' mean?

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Raskol »

In this context, it means something you could easily be making up on the spot and for which we have no evidence other than your say-so.

Still, like I said, I'm not going to completely discount it. You'll still be number one tomorrow if onion's scum, but I might be a bit more cautious about doing it before the deadline.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Haylen »

ah ok. Some sort of latin? I think.

btw. It's more umm...appropriate to call people 'hypo-scum' until you know their alignment. Like you should refer to me as 'hypo-Haylen-scum' if you're going for that line of thinking.

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Raskol »

Yeah, it's probably latin, it's just a piece of jargon I guess, I'll be careful not to use any in the future.

What I said and what you suggested I say mean the same thing. If I were going to assume 100% you're scum I'd just say Haylen. Saying Haylen-scum means Haylen-if-she-were-scum, only with a lot less writing. I've never seen anyone talk the way you suggest, though I've seen a lot of people do it the way I did, so I thought it would be familiar.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Haylen »

lol it is. I'm just saying it might get confusing in non Road to Rome games. I had to PM a player after a game recently to ask what they'd meant by calling me 'Hypo-town Haylen' I'd gone through the whole game, up until my mislynch, without knowing what the heck they were on about. An IC should be here explaining this, really, not sure I'm saying it correctly. Trying to clear things up before you get into a situation where you don't know what's going on later.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

onion (4) ~ Raskol, Cain, Nikanor, Haylen

Nikanor (1) ~ onion
ErikTheRed (0) ~
Nikanor

Cain (0) ~
Haylen

Not Voting:
Echo, ErikTheRed
[size=0]Raskol 0 PROD1 13 PROD2 3 | Cain 1 | Echo 2 | Haylen 0 PROD1 0 | onion 0 PROD1 14 | Nikanor 0 | Erik 6 PROD1 3[/size]
--With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
--Deadline is Wednesday, July 29 2009.
(This is your last day!)

-----

The worst part about reality TV is that it isn't very realistic at all.

Real people are not placed in cramped quarters with eight strangers. Real people only work in cramped cubicles with two dozen strangers.

Real people do not live day-to-day struggles with duplicity in an attempt to win fantabulous prizes. Real people actually live day-to-day struggles with duplicity in an attempt to keep their paycheck.

Real people do not have their sharp star-shaped badges ripped off their bodies and used as shirukens against them. Real people are stabbed to death with the pin attached to the back of those badges.

--onion -
Cop
- Lynched Day 2...

---

Nights are usually supposed to last 72 hours, but I'm going to be out of town for the weekend. So Night 2 will end Sunday night (my time).

However, I --don't-- want the game to stall out overnight, so...
I would like for everyone in the game to PM me sometime overnight.

What happens next depends on how many people PM me.

---

saberwolf replaces ErikTheRed overnight.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Vi »

The next morning saw a crisis in the Mafia apartment. Another one of the players had been killed, sparking all kinds of reactions from the five remaining contestants.

"Eww... What kind of gook is that? And are those flies? Someone get that thing out of here!"
"Calling it as Not My Fault, right here..."
"Not trying to be heartless, but that's one less person I have to go through to get to the top."
"I hope this isn't what they're serving for breakfast."
"Does this mean another lawyer's going to show up?"

Can these people finally solve the mystery of the traitors in their midst? More interestingly, where did the producers find these loonies, and how do they survive in the real world?
We might or might not tell you... after this commercial break.

--Raskol -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 2!

-----

Vote Count:

Not Voting:
Cain, Echo, Haylen, Nikanor, saberwolf (ErikTheRed)

--It is now Day 3! And I'm going to massprod to make sure everyone knows it~

--With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
--Deadline is Sunday, August 23 2009.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Haylen »

Yo, been semi V/LA since Friday and will be until tomorrow. Have been putting loads of work into passing my driving test...tomorrow I get to see if that work has paid off...

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by saberwolf »

damn it, I didn't realise that not only am I replacing two people, but I did it at LYLO...this sucks.

Anyways, hi, I'm saberwolf.

Let's do this.

[rereading]
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Echo »

@saberwolf: "rereading"? You've been following the thread?

btw welcome to the game :P

@haylen: you said you had a post about the inconsistencies of Lynch (now replaced by Cain). Despite it being at a level of quality that doesn't satisfy you, do you want to post what you've got anyway?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by saberwolf »

echo: haha, yes. believe it or not, this game starting was around the same time i joined the site, and read part of this game to get an idea of what to expect. But that was just a coincidence. I really meant that when I was accepted as replacement, I read over the game as it is right now, but only briefly. It wasn't until I read the most recent posts now that I realised what I got myself into...now I gotta read through everything, not just skim, or else my ignorance may cause a mislynch leading to a scum win.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Ok, so this is catching up, saberwolf style...

[note: this is me switching from tab to tab when I think I have something to comment on. Sometimes I comment on relevant stuff, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I forget which I chose to withhold and that I focused on, and sometimes, I lose my attention span and watch the ant walking across my keyboard, then kill it. It is also 2:11 AM. I will do my best now. Oh, and also, I don't remember who got NKed/lynched, and I'm not looking, so that I don't bias my analysis.]

page 1: Intro, and RVS. Nothing special.

page 2: BW on cyren starting O.o sideney and onion looking scummy, [as well as ric/me i suppose, but those two are scummier for joining a BW for what seems like "just because" and actually putting him at L-2 and L-1] Post 31...maybe raeil was trying to bus and it backfired, so he quickly unvoted? I agree with Echo in post 44...sounds like Cyren was hinting at cop/doctor.

page 3: post 55...ffs auditor, type english. post 59...ffs again Post 60...ffs wtf hayden, pulling stats and reasoning out of your ass? Bad post, anti-town, but not necessarily scummy. Turns out echo was rolefishing too, shame on you. Post 65: I want to hit you with the trout hayden wished she had auditor. So far nothing useful on page 3, just me starting to hate certain people, doesn't help that its 2:30 AM... Cyren is coming off as town to me, seems engaged in the game, is trying to scumhunt, asks the right amount of questions.

page 4: ric/me does look like he panicked to a pressure post, which is picked up by auditor (stupid me...wait, I didn't do it! I shot the sheriff, not the deputy!) sorry, random moment...anyways, scummy of ric, but then again, I'm ric now, and I know I'm town. Kudos to auditor though. However, I start to hate auditor some more, as I read more poems..don't get me wrong, I love poems, I even write poems, and I actually understand his poems...but I rather just read plain text, something more pro-town. Good call by echo post 91...hopefully auditor starts posting normal. onion, I feel post 94 is anti-town...helps scum more than town with that kind of analysis. Post 96 by cyren: Also, I'm a girl. Cyren, Siren, get it? You're a girl, that IS true...will you be my cyber-girlfriend? :P I like anticollies post 99, but I feel he got scared into posting, sorta scummy, but kinda townie for what seems to be a good analysis. null-tell.

page 5: post 100: a GUESS??? hayden, you just scored a scumpoint, for admitting to making up stats to look good. Post 102 is ok, but then i realised that i normally regard those kinds of post as anti-town, as they help set up mafia for NK. However, I'd have to go back and say collie did a bad job, and I don't wanna, so props to raeil too. OMG...HUGE WALL POSTS BY EVERYONE! I'll admit, I gave up and skimmed through the rest of the page...read something about "skimming", saw lots of analysis by everyone...bleh. I also saw everyone else complaining about reading each others long posts lol.

page 6: fuck, it's 3 AM....hurray to auditor, you have gone back to speaking english. {when i wake up from sleep, I'll love you and your poetry...right now I just hate you, sorry} Ok, so I read the entire page, realised I didn't comment at ALL over here, and I'm thinking of calling it quits.

conclusion so far: nothing at all, other than I need to go to bed :/
Show

Cain
Cain
Townie
Cain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Cain »

Okay, so were 2 townies down, and still no clue to who the scum is

FOS: Haylen
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Post by Haylen »

Echo. No. I admitted to lying about said post in an earlier post. I havent had time to write it yet due to being semi v/la. I also gave my reasoning for lying about it. (It has become common practise for me to lie about having posts ready. A blip in my playstyle i'm trying to sort out.)

Sabrewolf: I AM FEMALE. MY NAME IS HAYLEN. I AM NOT A DUDE. PLEASE REFER TO WHAT CONSTITUTES BEING FEMALE ON WIKIPEDIA (the normal one, not the scum one)

I made up the stats because I guessed them. My Maths sucks. Please refer to the Vengeful game in which I wrote quite a few posts on why I am not going to answer due to the Maths everyone uses. I deemed it necessary to use maths in the situation in the game, but since I can't really do maths, I made the figures up, but since I am very good at guessing, it is akmost sure to be correct.

Why are you FoSing me, Cain? Is it an OMGUS by any chance, because I'm currently in the process of writing a post that will count as something against you? (I really am writing that post this time. )

I do have a question though.

Once I told you there were loads of inconsistancies with Lynch's posts, why did you all go and look once you realised I suck ect.

And Echo, who could you miss that post I wrote? The one about not haven written that post...are you even reading the game?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”