Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by dramonic »

:(

A lot of people are replacing out, it's sad
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by semioldguy »

It is sad. This game isn't exactly one of the harder large games to keep up with either.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by dramonic »

indeed.

So... What's the general consensus about Mastin and Deathnote?

Do we lynch them or not?

Also, we should decide what insanity Zwet should pick.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Vig them. No need to waste lynch and discussion time on them.

Avolition is the only insanity that can be proved.
I lost the game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

yeah, but knowing Zwet's playstyle Sadism would be a better one :P
I'm a hoot
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

semioldguy wrote:
ZykeZero wrote:There may be an issue with grave robbing. We should really nominate ONE person that we are positive is village to do it every night. No sense in dolling out insanities when they are unnecessary, they will begin to pile up and cause the game to become more confusing and harder to keep track of.
We are nominating one person. It's zwetschenwasser.
Knowing the insanity beforehand is better because it prevents a situation like "Why didn't you do X?" "Oh, well I have ___ insanity I can't do that" and similar situations. It's not something that needs to be kept track of, but is better if it is known beforehand. Why do you think it is a better idea to keep insanities secret from the town?
I misread then, I thought the plan was to nominate one person each night, not the same person.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Post by Sarag »

arelian 225 wrote:Would there have been any action a cultist could have wanted to take other than craft fetish last night? Would there be any point in doing something else?
Yeah they might want wards and medkits to protect eachother from townie vigs and murderers.
nhammen 296 wrote:In Texas Justice, all members of the town have a 1-shot vig. It has been discovered that there is a breaking strategy in Texas Justice: If a list is made with all of the players in a random order, and everyone vigs the person below them on the list on the same night, then town wins unless the scum happen to be next to each other on the list.
Even if the odds were still good in this game, it wouldn't work because of this:
Percy wrote:
Chaos
- If
every living player
is Bloody at any time, all Investigators gain the Psychopathy insanity, and the Day phase no longer occurs. For this state to be triggered, there must be at least three more Investigators than Cultists remaining.
chenhsi 344 wrote:DeathNote is confusing the entire town. I think that we should vig him, and worry about someone else.
I don't think Investigators should frivolously use our one kill. While it's true what Drench said about the lynch giving us more information and thus being more valuable from that perspective, night killing is a lot more costly. It means you use two night actions, three if you launder, plus it gives 2 insanities and blood.
semioldguy 297 wrote:I think we should nominate one person each day to Rob Grave the person we lynch so that multiple people aren't doing it and all gaining insanity and so that at least someone does it so that we know the alignment of the players we lynch.
I think this is a good plan. But maybe we should nominate someone who didn't hear noise instead of zwet? The cult could decide to kill the nominated person and make the items less likely to come into play in a useful way.
ZykeZero 369 wrote:There may be an issue with grave robbing. We should really nominate ONE person that we are positive is village to do it every night. No sense in dolling out insanities when they are unnecessary, they will begin to pile up and cause the game to become more confusing and harder to keep track of.
Uh no, I disagree with this. If the insanities pile up on one person, we potentially laden an Investigator with a huge number of drawbacks. We could just get the person we nominate each time to take Twitchy which has no drawbacks. Also if we happen to nominate a cultist or murderer then that's fine too, because it interferes with their plans and we lynch them if they don't do it.

I think we should get them to take Twitchy. I don't think any of the insanities can realistically be proven (although I should double check). Someone suggested Avolition, but it requires the person to be on a bandwagon that would otherwise result in a lynch, and even then there's no way to be sure it's the person we think it is.

I'm not really inclined to lynch either Mastin or DeathNote. I'm still catching up and still need to read through and decide who I think is the best lynch today.
*twitches*
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by Drench »

I think vigging both Mastin and DN at this stage would be better then lynching them. Not sure how exactly we should go about doing said vigging as of yet, though, but they should be vigged.
join your union
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:15 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I'll take the twitchy one.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:27 am

Post by Sarag »

Drench wrote:I think vigging both Mastin and DN at this stage would be better then lynching them. Not sure how exactly we should go about doing said vigging as of yet, though, but they should be vigged.
You seriously think we have enough to go on to use up 3 nights worth of actions and gain two insanities and blood? Are you planning on killing one of them yourself?
*twitches*
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Sarag »

In fact,
vote: Drench
. This talk of vigging people who are "distracting" seems pretty anti-town to me.
*twitches*
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Percy »

ryan2754 replaces JasonT1981.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Magua »

How is Drench's plan distracting or anti-town? I actually found Drench's post on vigging Mastin to be quite well reasoned. Why do you think taking advantage of our one-shot vigs would be classified as antitown?
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:28 am

Post by ZykeZero »

Either Mastin or DN are mafia. All these people trying to switch the vote is highly curious. It could even be a plot for one person to try and get the lynch of Mastin/DN and then someone else retort and vote for that person. Creating a wider spread vote tally. I'm sticking with my gut.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:47 am

Post by chenhsi »

ZykeZero wrote:Either Mastin or DN are mafia.
Why? How do you know?
I lost the game.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:10 am

Post by DeathNote »

because i acted scummy
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Sarag »

Magua wrote:How is Drench's plan distracting or anti-town? I actually found Drench's post on vigging Mastin to be quite well reasoned. Why do you think taking advantage of our one-shot vigs would be classified as antitown?
I didn't say it was distracting,
he
said Mastin and DN were distracting and hence worth a night kill. I'm saying it's anit-town because I hardly think we can know enough on day 1 to decide who we should use a costly night kill on.
*twitches*
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:35 am

Post by ZykeZero »

chenhsi wrote:
Why? How do you know?
Watch, this day is going to be referred to often. The mafia are work in teams. The odds are that they've already tried to move votes around. When we get mafia confirmation this first day is going to be important.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:43 am

Post by chenhsi »

ZykeZero wrote:
chenhsi wrote:
Why? How do you know?
Watch, this day is going to be referred to often. The mafia are work in teams. The odds are that they've already tried to move votes around. When we get mafia confirmation this first day is going to be important.
Yes, I know that. How do you know that one of them is scum?
Sarag wrote:
Magua wrote:How is Drench's plan distracting or anti-town? I actually found Drench's post on vigging Mastin to be quite well reasoned. Why do you think taking advantage of our one-shot vigs would be classified as antitown?
I didn't say it was distracting,
he
said Mastin and DN were distracting and hence worth a night kill. I'm saying it's anit-town because I hardly think we can know enough on day 1 to decide who we should use a costly night kill on.
Do you think that Mastin is scum? What about DeathNote?
I lost the game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:09 am

Post by dramonic »

I think I know what Zyke means. It is highly likely that Mastin or DN are scum, but not both and there really is no way to know which one is right now.
I'm a hoot
arelian
arelian
Goon
arelian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:15 am

Post by arelian »

Sarag wrote:
semioldguy wrote:I think we should nominate one person each day to Rob Grave the person we lynch so that multiple people aren't doing it and all gaining insanity and so that at least someone does it so that we know the alignment of the players we lynch.
I think this is a good plan. But maybe we should nominate someone who didn't hear noise instead of zwet? The cult could decide to kill the nominated person and make the items less likely to come into play in a useful way.
I agree with this. I don't really have any problem with zwet so far but we would be better off with someone who didn't hear noise. I know the main goal in robbing grave is to reveal the alignment of the person, but still the equipment they have could be useful. If Zwet heard noise, he's potentially at risk of getting killed and we won't get the equipment.
5% of the world's population causes 95% of the world's problems.
sideney
sideney
Goon
sideney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:16 am

Post by sideney »

I'll be V/LA until August 2.
Show
As Town 2/3 Lose with 1/2 nk and 1/2 lynched.
As Scum 1/3 Win but 1/1 Lynch
As doc 1 time.
As cop 1 time.
I'm a fucking noob!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:28 am

Post by semioldguy »

I'd be surprised if zwetschenwasser was killed on night one by scum. He often isn't because he isn't extremely difficult to get a mislynch on in the event that he is town.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:29 am

Post by dramonic »

so true XD
I'm a hoot
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:28 am

Post by ZykeZero »

dramonic wrote:I think I know what Zyke means. It is highly likely that Mastin or DN are scum, but not both and there really is no way to know which one is right now.
exactly, the amount of attention this lynch has garnered is rather suspicious.
chenhsi wrote:
ZykeZero wrote:
chenhsi wrote:
Why? How do you know?
Yes, I know that. How do you know that one of them is scum?
I can't know for certain, but it is highly suspicious.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”