Newbie 800 ~ Mafia: The Reality Show (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Echo »

I was under the impression that you said you had it partially written, just not to a standard that you were willing to post it.
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Echo »

(461) haylen wrote:I lied, it isn't ready. I'm a perfectionist and a procrastinater, If i have to much to do, I say i've done things and put them off and off and off until I get called out on it. I should've gone V/LA days ago just so I can keep up with everything. But that's me, I overload myself with work. A combination of perfectionism and procrastination usually leads to dramatic explosions. And yes, I haven't got the hang of knowing my game limits yet.
The combination of "perfectionist" (as in it's there but not perfect yet) and "procrastinater" (you've been working on it but keep getting distracted) is what gave me that impression.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Haylen »

Yep. I have a title and 3 lines. I dont want to post just that.

I have to go V/LA for a bit. For reasons I don't want to discuss, real life stuff. Will be gone between 1 and 3 days, I depends on how I'm feeling. You might see me posting in GD when I feel a little bit better. But for now, I'm have to go V/LA across the entire site. So sorry.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
onion
onion
Goon
onion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:04 am

Post by onion »

Vi wrote:5.
I'm dead. Can I still post?
No. Once you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk. They don't even say "bah". You can watch from the sidelines, but that's as far as your activity in this topic gets.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Not Voting:
Cain, Echo, Haylen, Nikanor, saberwolf
[size=0]Cain 0 | Echo 0 | Haylen 0 | Nikanor 1 | saberwolf 0[/size]
-Haylen's V/LA is noted...

--With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
--Deadline is Sunday, August 23 2009.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cain
Cain
Townie
Cain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Post by Cain »

Vote: Haylen

She is writing about the person im replacing, so then about me! I dont like that kinda thing :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Haylen (1) ~ Cain

Not Voting:
Cain,
Echo, Haylen, Nikanor, saberwolf
[size=0]Cain 0 | Echo 1 | Haylen 1 | Nikanor 2 | saberwolf 1[/size]
---What do you think of my new avvy?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by saberwolf »

cain: thats a very lousy reason. Everyone in this game is entitled to a little scrutiny, and I feel your overreaction to it is scummy

FoS: cain
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by Echo »

In fact, if voting didn't put someone on L-1, I'd happily vote for Cain :/
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by saberwolf »

echo: is that for his hasty vote, or because of past issues as well?
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Echo »

For his hasty vote of course.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by saberwolf »

well then...I find that odd....hmmm

vote: Haylen

I think haylen is scummier. You seem to be jumping onto my side as an ally and making cain look bad.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by saberwolf »

EBWOP

vote: Haylen
Show

Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Echo »

vote: haylen
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by saberwolf »

well, that was easy...

I should replace in lylo games more often :P
Show

Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by Echo »

yeah it was a bit too easy at the end :/
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

Haylen (3) ~ Cain, saberwolf, Echo

Not Voting:
Echo,
Haylen, Nikanor,
saberwolf

[size=0]Cain 0 | Echo 1 | Haylen 1 | Nikanor 2 | saberwolf 1[/size]
---FYI, I consider it rude to spoil the ending. I'm not too upset though.

---

"So if you'll give me a moment, I'll put together a case on Cain..." Haylen started.
"OBJECTION!" yelled Cain as he pounded the countertop and pointed menacingly at Haylen. "Clearly someone who's accusing me of being scum is themselves scum!"
"That's right!" added saberwolf as he pounded the dinner table and pointed a gun at Haylen. After an awkward moment, saberwolf realized what he had done. "...oops." Then a knife fell out of his sleeve and clattered onto the ground. saberwolf started to blush, and his face turned redder as a machete slipped through his shirt and landed on the ground... and then a tube of bug spray became visible in his pants pocket... and a rubber ducky peered out of his overcoat pocket...
"How much stuff did you bring, anyway?" Echo asked. As he walked over to examine the retractable blade that slipped from under saberwolf's wig, he pulled out his own gun and casually shot Haylen.

From somewhere next door...
"I love comic endings."
"Don't we have to do something about the Mafia?"
"Eh, wait for 'em to finish the rest off. Sensational violence will make us the most talked-about show this year."
Just then a massive blast rocked the room, knocking the computers off their desks. The charred bodies of Nikanor and Cain were somewhat identifiable in the producers' room as the two Mafiosi looked through the hole they made in the wall with their rocket launcher (that one was hidden under saberwolf's bed).
"Ah! A twist ending!"
"You moron! Get out of here!"

--Haylen -
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 3.

-A win condition has been met!

--Cain -
Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed Day 3!

--Nikanor -
Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed Day 3!

--Echo -
Mafia Goon
- Survived Day 3!

--saberwolf -
Mafia Goon
- Survived Day 3!

--Game over!

Town
|
Loss

Mafia
|
Win!
Echo
Echo
Goon
Echo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by Echo »

Vi wrote:"How much stuff did you bring, anyway?" Echo asked. As he walked over to examine the retractable blade that slipped from under saberwolf's wig, he pulled out his own gun and casually shot Haylen.
I love being the cool one :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Vi »

This was a fairly newby game, which means that scum were pretty likely to win. Here are some general tips for Town.

*Don't lurk unless you're scum (and not my scumpartner). You need to be active and get other people to be active if you want to have a chance. Special note goes to Haylen for reasons that have already been beaten to death.
*Don't vote early in LyLo unless you're sure you're hitting scum, for reasons you just saw.
*Do your homework. ric was heavily implying he was scum ITT in Mafia Discussion. Had it become a factor in this game, I would have had to modkill ErikTheRed.

Ironically, the two people who came closest to finding the scum were auditor9006 (who nobody liked for what amounted to petty reasons) and Nikanor (who didn't believe it).

Scum did more or less what they were supposed to in this game. I'm not thrilled with the NKs they chose, though. Were it not for the Cop investigating Anticollie (which they didn't know about until later), I think he was a horrible choice. IC or not, his play was pretty textbook scummy, and he wasn't THAT experienced tbh. This changed when Adel replaced in. Adel, experienced and cunning, was easily the BEST kill Mafia could have made.
Night 2, I would have targeted Nikanor for being suspicious of both Mafiosi Day 2. Offing Raskol only served to ambiguously frame Haylen, whereas he probably would have voted Haylen very early D3 if he were kept alive (for what that's worth; Cain did it anyway).

Town MVP - auditor9006
Honorary Scum - Haylen

If you have any questions, by all means ask.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Haylen »

You voted me when I was V/LA? That was low guys...

Good game though, I know exactly what I did wrong here.

Cain, I was killed because of your OMGUS vote (well near OMGUS vote), please try not to OMGUS in games, it's not very...appropriate, and will probably get you lynched. I was going to add that to my things that make you scummy when I returned.

I did notice the MD thread with ric implying he was scum and was going to bring it up, do my homework a little bit too well to the extent I started meta-ing roflcopter in one game because a GD joke post suggested he was ether's alt.

Other than that, did I do ok with the whole advice thing? I'm at IC status now :) This was the game that took me to 5 games finished. I know I went overboard with the helping a little bit...

Nikanor, you played really well! You too Raskol...even with the deciding I'm town, then deciding I'm scum again. Didn't read enough of sabrewolf to decide decide either way. Echo! Don't lurk at the beginning of the game, I was unsure of you all through it, and I think others were attacking you for it too at one point.

I have actually forgotten who else was in the game...serves myself right really, posting having just woken up...

To summarise:
Cain, think carefully in lylo, don't make hasty decisions.
Nikanor and Raskol did really well.
How did my advice thing go?
I get to be an IC now! Yay!
Echo, don't lurk. *cough*hypocritical*cough* (although i dont consider myself to have been lurking)

For the record, this has to have been the worse playstyle type thing I have ever used. My lesson has definately been learnt. And my perfectionism vs procrastination definately needs sorting out.

Oddly, I am actually quite fond of you guys now...which I don't get.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Haylen »

Ok...don't get to IC yet, I miscounted...stupid ruined game showing up in blue...oh well, not ready to do that yet anyway, I suck.

EriktheRed
EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:58 am

Post by EriktheRed »

*Do your homework. ric was heavily implying he was scum ITT in Mafia Discussion. Had it become a factor in this game, I would have had to modkill ErikTheRed.
I wasn't sure how to approach this subject in-game, but I was really uncomfortable with Ric practically giving my role away like that. In hindsight, I should've been responsible and PM'ed Vi with my concerns, instead of flaking wordlessly. My apologies.
-- Erik
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Raskol »

Yeah, scum did well, though we helped them out a LOT by allowing the thread to exist in a state where lurking didn't seem scummy (because everyone was doing it). With all the replacements it was tough to get a read on people, and no one was made to contribute enough to really tell anything about anyone imo. At a few points in this game I was close to giving up...nobody was posting anything and there was no info to go on. Are most of the games here like that? (hope not). Experienced players: what would you have done?

Sideney
: sorry I couldn't bail you out D1 (it feels good to be right about at least one thing! hehe)

Onion
: Sorry, lol. Truth be told, I just didn't see any better option. I didn't want a no lynch and with most others being unresponsive and inactive I didn't think I could get another bandwagon going.

Haylen
: What can I say, you played like scum. I would do the same again (try to pressure you)...though despite what Vi thinks, I wasn't going to vote for you as quickly as Cain did! In fact, I was kinda looking forward to using the whole thing to try to get other people to come in. Despite that, I think town would have lost anyway, as we were in LyLo with no information at all about anyone and with a few of the people having maybe two or three posts to go on total. Not....the best situation.

Cain
: what were you thinking, voting so early in lylo?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Haylen »

Yep, i played stupidly. I admit that. The stuff that wasn't the 'lurking' is a usual thing for me to do as town, it has flaws and i'm trying to work on them. Hell, I would've lynched myself if i could, so you did good.

It just so happens I had loads of things I needed to sort out at the times of this game. My prioritisation is sucky and usually leads to me procrastinating if i have too much work to do.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

Bah!
The game ended when I was V/LA! Not fair at all!
Nikanor, you played really well!
Thank you! Your play was less than spectacular, but I was almost 100% convinced you were town. I would have liked to play in day three, but oh well. :/
I look forward to playing with you all soon!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”