SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

As an aside: looks like the jumpin around mechanic is going to play a larger role than I hoped.

It's a Tar game, what can I say?

(sorry, I had to say it at least once)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Porkens »

Uh huh, HIDE that power role of yours.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

Its part of my plan you know.

If I'm anti-town for not caring about the other games AND anti-town for my alliance the two negatives theorem kicks in and thusly I am the towniest player that has ever played. EVER.

Would lyncher even BE a power role? Or just a jerk?

Remind me to answer this post game. Any answer I give now could be mod bias
Show

Proud member of BaM
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Quagmire »

vote sociopath
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SpyreX wrote: So you think that Sociopath is "looking for scum" versus "looking for a lynch"?

I'll give you that FF is definitely a nice solid choice for a backup lynch but seriously?
AFter his last post, I think it's possible his questioning of porker is just standard townie paranoia. Sociopath wouldn't be a terrible lynch, but at the moment, I think FF's behavior has been worse.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Porkens »

I'd lynch either of them. I'd be a
little
happier about lynching FF today just to put a monkey wrench into SpyreX's super secret scum plans. But I wont change wagons until it's clear that's where we are going.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

The more I think about it the more I'm not thrilled with the fact this jump happened while we were in day.

I've been playing around with theories about how this sucker works and the best I can come up with is: a town* player in the OTHER game that is at night targeted A person and the other two were aftereffects of -crazy portal mechanic-

*simply means not in the -scum- group because if they can move players around I call teaparty.

This simply means that I hope that said person doesn't get all willy nilly with it because SERIOUS REPERCUSSIONS.

There's another juicy tidbit in the Sociopath lynch that really makes me want it - aside from, ya know, him being scum and all.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

25) SpyreX- Probably town. I don't like the alliance suggestion, but it brought up nice reactions, which he was probably aiming for. So I disagree with his play, but I don't find him scummy.
5) Budja-found him scummy reading the other subgame.
27) Zazie-Seemed to be questioning a lot early. Typical of Zazie as town.
28) populartajo-More than likely town.
29) Yosarian2-I think he's scum. Jumped on Spy for the alliance thing hard and then backed off of it saying it was for pressure when he started to take heat.
31) Mufasa-I think he's town. Not a good player, but town.
32) Quagmire-No read on Quag.
33) Porkens-Town. I think I know what he's doing with the sig, and it's pretty cool. (No, I'm not suggesting he's a vig who is breadcrumbing or anything dumb like that)
34) Flava Flave-obvtown
35) SocioPath-Wait, what's the case on this guy?
36) jammer -Scum. He's V/LA, but trying really hard to post. I think he's afraid of looking scummy.

Vote Yos

Also willing to lynch Budja or Jammer.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

... Willing to lynch a player that hasn't even posted in this game yet but Zazie is AOK?

Yos is "taking heat"?

I...

If I were a vig, I'd shoot Flava Flave.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Flava Flave wrote: 29) Yosarian2-I think he's scum. Jumped on Spy for the alliance thing hard and then backed off of it saying it was for pressure when he started to take heat.
False.

I said it was for pressure, right from the beginning. I declared that I was willing to leave it when spy said he didn't actually mean the alliance thing, since getting him away from that was the entire point of my vote in the first place.

Interesting that I vote for you and your response is to lie about my actions and vote me.

And by "interesting", I mean you're obvscum and need to die ASAP.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SpyreX wrote:I've been playing around with theories about how this sucker works and the best I can come up with is: a town* player in the OTHER game that is at night targeted A person and the other two were aftereffects of -crazy portal mechanic-
One thing that bothers me is this:

Us, and the pro-town people in the other games, are not on the same team here. At all.

If they think someone in their game is likely scum, then they have every motive to get that person out of their game and send him here, and vice versa. We, the pro-town people in this game, win if the scum are either killed OR removed from our game, which means if we send a scum into another game, it improves our chances of winning. (It's not as good as actually killing a scum, of course, because there is a risk they might get sent back.) Frankly, if a bunch of scum get sent into one of the other games and then the scum win that game, that actually helps the pro-town people here win.

Of course, another thing that makes that even more complicated for any protown person is that there's a chance they might get sent to another game, in which case they would then have THAT game's town win condition, not our town win condition, so on some level we do wish the other towns well just in case we end up there.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Yes I think we should lynch anyone that gets sent here haha

But for now I can settle with a
vote : Sociopath
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

L-2

Why yes. Yes it is
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by SocioPath »

I'm liking this wagoning on me, it is superb.

The chatter between SpyreX and Porkens is also cute.

SpyreX wrote:
Examples. Please.

However, even without them - what has removed your worry? In fact, I quoted it blankly - shouldn't you be MORE worried? Further if this was your actual concern the fact he did it enough to make it a talking point should be evidence to keep your vote there, but somehow it wasn't.
His response removed HALF of my worries. So I'm less worried overall.

As for examples, that is going to take actual time searching, as much time has passed since I've read the game(s). So I'll save that for another post.

SpyreX wrote: And the latter brings me to a new point:
Yos wrote: He's semi-lruking, he's even reading and commenting on other games, but his comments on this game are quite lacking. He voted spy for a bad reason. Then he defended his vote for spy and removed it in the same post (where he unovted Spy, but at the same time, said that he "didn't like it that spy wasn't going to read the other games.) Then he tried to have it both ways about my opposition to spy's alliance (he both agreed with me and said the strength of my opposition was "a little weird" in the same sentance). And that's all he's said about this game, despite apparently having enough time to read and comment on the other games.

I don't think he's at all interested in scumhunting in this game, which probably means he's scum.
So you think that Sociopath is "looking for scum" versus "looking for a lynch"?

I'll give you that FF is definitely a nice solid choice for a backup lynch but seriously?
This is a weird little bit. I'm pretty positive that Yos was referring to Flav, hence the vote, and yet you quote that and mention me. Are you purposely trying to misconstrue words to draw more attention to me? Whats worse is Yos ignores that completely. Spy and Yos might actually be scum together, and Yos' attacks are that of a distancing nature.

Vote: SpyreX
FOS: Yosarian2

What has also piqued my interest in recent events is the Tar vote count after the new day: "ELDER DRAGON HIGHLANDER!"

A popular Highlander is 'there can only be one'...which leads me to believe that another dragon (SK) actually killed Kinetic.

...but don't worry about THAT, its in another game. A completely other game that has nothing to do with us. Despite the fact that players an switch games, and the fact that the games have to be balanced with each other. Which means similar roles and concepts. But hey, lets forget all about THAT now, shall we? :P
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SocioPath wrote:
SpyreX wrote: And the latter brings me to a new point:
Yos wrote: He's semi-lruking, he's even reading and commenting on other games, but his comments on this game are quite lacking. He voted spy for a bad reason. Then he defended his vote for spy and removed it in the same post (where he unovted Spy, but at the same time, said that he "didn't like it that spy wasn't going to read the other games.) Then he tried to have it both ways about my opposition to spy's alliance (he both agreed with me and said the strength of my opposition was "a little weird" in the same sentance). And that's all he's said about this game, despite apparently having enough time to read and comment on the other games.

I don't think he's at all interested in scumhunting in this game, which probably means he's scum.
So you think that Sociopath is "looking for scum" versus "looking for a lynch"?

This is a weird little bit. I'm pretty positive that Yos was referring to Flav, hence the vote, and yet you quote that and mention me. Are you purposely trying to misconstrue words to draw more attention to me? Whats worse is Yos ignores that completely. Spy and Yos might actually be scum together, and Yos' attacks are that of a distancing nature.

Vote: SpyreX
FOS: Yosarian2
Um...was that a delibrate misinterpretation, Sociopath, or did you actualyl not get what spyrex was saying there?

I said Flava Flav did not appear to be scumhunting. He, in response, asked me if I thought you were scumhunting (because he obviously thinks you look worse then flav on that front). He was asking me why I was voting for flav instead of you, when, in his mind, you look worse then flav.

I didn't think his post was that unclear; I don't agree with it, but I find it odd you apparently didn't understand what he was saying.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh...those last 3 paragraphs were not supposed be in the above post; they were the rest of the quote I ment to deleate. Ignore that.

What three paragraphs?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Budja »

Seems I just got shifted into this game.

It had absolutely nothing to do with me if anyone is asking.
No time to read/post for about 24hrs.

(@mod very LA until Saturday AEST).

Noted.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Yos:

I've got more travel concerns/ideas but that can wait. ONTO THE SHOW:
His response removed HALF of my worries. So I'm less worried overall.

As for examples, that is going to take actual time searching, as much time has passed since I've read the game(s). So I'll save that for another post.
Ohh giant letters. Lets see if what we've seen in the past would make any semblance of HALF make sense:
I'm
happy
with Porkens now that he humored my wishes.
Unvote
Swish.
Yos started this and although we're on our way to being BFF's (dare I say UNBREAKABLE BFF's) allow me to retort:
Yos wrote:I don't think he's at all interested in scumhunting in this game, which probably means he's scum.
While I agree with Yos's sentiment, I find your absence of these things greater. Hence my confusion when, to me, Yos is voting for someone doing the same things you are doing to a lesser extent.

So yes Yos was able to properly infer my meaning from that statement. How that would equate to us being scum together...it is a mystery.
...but don't worry about THAT, its in another game. A completely other game that has nothing to do with us. Despite the fact that players an switch games, and the fact that the games have to be balanced with each other. Which means similar roles and concepts. But hey, lets forget all about THAT now, shall we? Razz
At least you are willing to affirm over and over again that your win condition sure isn't the same as mine.

Budja is now part of my universe. Hence, he will be parsed and dealt with accordingly. Sadly, Zito is past the stars now and hopefully will find his giant bed of Syreens to lie about with but he is gone.

We weep, we move on. So the story goes.

But, lets play your game for a skosh. What were said "recent events" and how does talking about THAT versus finding said scum in THIS game help further OUR winning. (Well, my winning - I think we know that it does help YOUR winning).

(hint: if the response is any form of "I'm not going to SPOON FEED you PLEB the sweetest of INFORMATION" then lets skip the middle man and go right to the fakeclaim and lynch)
Show

Proud member of BaM
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:13 am

Post by SocioPath »

SpyreX wrote: At least you are willing to affirm over and over again that your win condition sure isn't the same as mine.
You keep talking about your own win condition, and saying that mine is different from yours. I am willing to believe that, because you speak with such certainty, but to imply that your win condition is a town based one and thereby saying mine is not because of how it differs from yours, is a stretch.

I would reeeeeeeally like to see what you would do if you were to switch games. Your whole world would turn upside down. You would be lynched in a second, and then lose your game, because everyone in other games should act like you too, right? You die, they fulfill their win conditions...and so forth. Really, it seems like you are only pushing debates for your own selfish reasons...when you don't actually know how the win conditions are played out.

Those selfish reasons might be SK in nature. Maybe you think that if I am scum...that lynching me will put you in the clear. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you turned up being another elder dragon.

But thats not important right now, because I still find Yos and you to be rather nice-nice to each other in a warped way.

But say what you're implying is correct, about the win con, and that would imply that all town in other games should be treated as scum if they were to show up. They're certainly not of your faction. They are of their own subgames faction. So townies from other games need to die too?

Then that would mean...scum or not, everyone switched needs to die. The whole debate about 'switch scum out and in games to help/hurt the games' would be void. There could be multiple scum groups apart from SKs only. So really...every single person that is switch, would be assumed to be 'scum' to this games win conditions.

That is certainly a xenophobic way to look at things.

That would also mean that everyone by default should support a Budja vote, for he is not one of us.

"ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!"

I don't wish to resort to that yet.

Unvote
for now though, until I see some fanciful Spy-posts in response to these win conditions.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Quagmire »

SocioPath's attempts to distract attention away from his current bandwagon are duly noted. I'm fully confident he's mafia panicking as he tries to get out of his current bind.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Quagmire »

Also...
Quagmire wrote:I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but Yos I really don't like the way you're using a vote to punish SpryeX for something stupid that he suggested.
Yosarian2 wrote:Interesting that I vote for you and your response is to lie about my actions and vote me.

And by "interesting", I mean you're obvscum and need to die ASAP.
Replace "SpryeX" with "Flava Flave" and you've got the exact same shady punishment deal going on here... except this time Yosarian didn't vote for him. Something's really really fishy here. I think you're scum.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Quagmire »

Back to SocioPath though for a moment...
SocioPath wrote:I would reeeeeeeally like to see what you would do if you were to switch games. Your whole world would turn upside down. You would be lynched in a second, and then lose your game, because everyone in other games should act like you too, right? You die, they fulfill their win conditions...and so forth. Really, it seems like you are only pushing debates for your own selfish reasons...when you don't actually know how the win conditions are played out.

Those selfish reasons might be SK in nature. Maybe you think that if I am scum...that lynching me will put you in the clear. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you turned up being another elder dragon.
One thing I notice that scum always always tends to do when they're in danger of being lynched is start to panic and overreact whenever there's a point made against them. This is what SocioPath is doing, except there's not even much pressure on him right now -- despite being at L-2 -- because nobody really buys the case or has spelled out their reasons for voting for him yet (at least as far as I've seen). There was still fruitiful discussion going on AND he had the distraction of a new player entering the game so he could have continually played it cool.

I think SocioPath looked at his L-2 number and started to accuse everyone in a loose-cannon kind of way in order to keep the spotlight off of him. He might bring up a couple of good cases here or there, but I think I can see through the transparency.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Porkens »

SocioPath wrote:
SpyreX wrote: At least you are willing to affirm over and over again that your win condition sure isn't the same as mine.
You keep talking about your own win condition, and saying that mine is different from yours. I am willing to believe that, because you speak with such certainty, but to imply that your win condition is a town based one and thereby saying mine is not because of how it differs from yours, is a stretch.

I would reeeeeeeally like to see what you would do if you were to switch games. Your whole world would turn upside down. You would be lynched in a second, and then lose your game, because everyone in other games should act like you too, right? You die, they fulfill their win conditions...and so forth. Really, it seems like you are only pushing debates for your own selfish reasons...when you don't actually know how the win conditions are played out.

But thats not important right now, because I still find Yos and you to be rather nice-nice to each other in a warped way.

But say what you're implying is correct, about the win con, and that would imply that all town in other games should be treated as scum if they were to show up. They're certainly not of your faction. They are of their own subgames faction. So townies from other games need to die too?

Then that would mean...scum or not, everyone switched needs to die. The whole debate about 'switch scum out and in games to help/hurt the games' would be void. There could be multiple scum groups apart from SKs only. So really...every single person that is switch, would be assumed to be 'scum' to this games win conditions.

That is certainly a xenophobic way to look at things.

That would also mean that everyone by default should support a Budja vote, for he is not one of us.

"ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!"

I don't wish to resort to that yet.

Unvote
for now though, until I see some fanciful Spy-posts in response to these win conditions.
I'd lynch Budja.

If I were vig, I'd shoot Flava Flave.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”