Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Things:

Percy feels like a bad lynch for the day, as every night he claims his hidee is a tempting target for any scumgroup not containing him or his hidee. As it seems likely we have 2 scumgroups, or 1 + SK, I think letting him live for the moment is sensible. If he is scum, he will likely be outed in due course.
SerialClergyman wrote:Empking wasn't killed, and if Percy was scum, why would the scum oblige in outing one of their members? Korlash flipped scum as expected, Percy will flip scum too.
What do you think the odds of there being only one scumgroup are (where SKs count as scumgroups)?

FoS
SC for that post (760). It feels like the “mafia hitman” hypothesis is made to justify advocating a Percy lynch on grounds that fail if there are multiple scum groups. Also, the lack of attention to basic facts (mufasa doctor, not noticing Korlash’s two reasons for fakeclaim [discontinued+kill method]) doesn’t look good.

“Erasure” appears to point to a player/group who is not actually in a comic? Doesn’t feel like a vig kill style to me if this is the right interpretation- more the crazed comic writer SK or similar.

No reason for Vino to claim his visit.

Sajin’s post on Percy is awful. Of all the players in this game, accusing Percy of taking the back seat is totally unwarranted. Feels strongly of scum pushing Percy’s wagon along.

I think Percy’s wagon is scumdriven- although I certainly wouldn’t rule out him being part of a different mafia.

I agree that the posts Tar quotes make it less likely that he is Discontinued.

I have nothing to add to Tar’s analysis of SensFan from yesterday, but I agree with it. Always a horrible way to suspect something, but it’s true.

FoS SC, Sajin, SensFan
- basically, if your name starts with S you are probably scum.
vote: Sajin

I think we should massclaim.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

roflcopter wrote:i'm posting from my phone, i'll be back on a real comp tonight

percy is suffering from a hardcore logic fail, which looks intentional - korlash was not "buddying" with percy, he was defending the ever living shit out of him, doing everything in his power to prevent a percy lynch

for everyone getting their panties in a twist over the difference between if percy -> korlash and if korlash -> percy, of course it goes both waysd, stop being dense
let's please lynch roflcopter
Immoral Acts: 0
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by roflcopter »

percy wrote:Even if I agree that Korlash was defending the ever living shit out of me, doing "everything in his power" to prevent my lynch,
why does that make me scum
?

Defending a townie is a standard scum move. If the person you're defending dies and flips town, you've got a good launching point to try for a mislynch against a townie who pushed for it. If you die before them, it makes whoever it was you're defending look even worse.
essentially, this has already been answered by sc, so i'll just refer you to post 799
percy wrote:Then you go ahead and say "percy->korlash" is the same as "korlash->percy", which is immense logic fail.
no, its not. percy scum meant korlash scum because korlash was derailing a percy lynch / chainsawing against sc. therefore korlash scum means percy scum because
korlash was derailing a percy lynch / chainsawing against sc
. its valid in both directions because the best explanation for korlash's actions is that
you're both scum

meanwhile hascow and fishy are both tickling my "buddies with percy"dar for recent posting. fishy's last post especially looks bad, admitting that percy is scummy but suggesting that we not do anything about it because it'll somehow work itself out. how exactly do you suggest that this is going to work itself out, not forgetting that his claim is synonymous with nightkill immune?

and fishy, what on earth makes you think its appropriate time for a massclaim?

until honcho provides some reason for mindlessly calling for my lynch i'm just going to ignore him. neither of the votes on me are really of any concern.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

roflcopter wrote:
percy wrote:Then you go ahead and say "percy->korlash" is the same as "korlash->percy", which is immense logic fail.
no, its not. percy scum meant korlash scum because korlash was derailing a percy lynch / chainsawing against sc. therefore korlash scum means percy scum because
korlash was derailing a percy lynch / chainsawing against sc
. its valid in both directions because the best explanation for korlash's actions is that
you're both scum
Ok, that makes sense. I don't recall seeing that anywhere else. I'm also not a fan of Percy, because I seem to recall him throwing random accusations at people a couple times, although I'd have to look back a bit to be sure.
Show
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Hascow/Cow are acceptable shortened names, never "Has"
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

roflcopter wrote:fishy's last post especially looks bad, admitting that percy is scummy but suggesting that we not do anything about it because it'll somehow work itself out. how exactly do you suggest that this is going to work itself out, not forgetting that his claim is synonymous with nightkill immune?

and fishy, what on earth makes you think its appropriate time for a massclaim?
1) Putting yourself in the shoes of a scumgroup not containing Percy, all other things being equal, who would you shoot?
2) How likely do you think it is that such a group exists?

I explained how I think it will work out. At some stage, Percy's claimed target will die. If he dies, we have saved a mislynch, if he lives we lynch him. If it gets near lylo and this hasn't happened, sure, we may need to lynch him, but for now it seems stupid.

I didn't say that Percy was scummy. AFAIC, Korlash's defense of him is the only point against him of any merit, and even that could well be buddying. A connection from scum to another player (rather than vice-versa) is a very dangerous thing to put too much trust in- a defense like Korlash's can be faked by the scum and carries practically no risk, as Korlash getting lynched before Percy was an unlikely event.

Massclaim would enable us to assess flavour, setup balance etc., and with so many prs dead I doubt it will hurt us much.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Percy
- I still think he's scummy with his statements and him trying to get out of the first day's hammer.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Percy »

Percy 771 wrote:
Tarhalindur 701 wrote:For everybody not familiar with how this works: you should also push for MoS to claim ASAP. I'll explain why this is the correct course of action after he does so.
Are you still pushing for MoS to claim?
?
I guess not, because:
Tarhalindur 774 wrote:- I currently consider Head_Honcho and MoS semiconfirmed town.
Why?
Tarhalindur 774 wrote:We *might* be able to catch Mafia by figuring out if they're trying to claim mp
What does mp mean?
Tarhalindur 774 wrote:- If that third kill was actually the result of Mufasa... that's two unexplained kills for two nights in a row. Two Mafia factions + an SK is looking increasingly implausible. Not impossible, though... wouldn't rule out Mufasa protecting Empking last night.
I was under the impression that Korlash died because he killed Mufasa - the fact that Gorrad said "The two were killed directly by each other" makes this seem like Mufasa had a power whereby anyone that NKed him got NKed back. That means two scum groups and no protection of Empking makes the most sense.
Sironigous 767 wrote:I have never heard of this webcomic ever... and have not read any part of it yet so I really have no idea who my character actually is. Heh.

Discontinued comic as mafia is VERY interesting though. Hum. Baddies for me usually doesn't mean discontinued.
Smells like scum fakeclaiming to me.
FoS: Sironigous
Tarhalindur 783 wrote:Korlash claims that the bandwagon was a "bandwagon started by town on another town". I started that bandwagon, so... by this logic I am unlikely to be Discontinued scum.
Hmmm... yes, that is plausible.
roflcopter 802 wrote:how exactly do you suggest that this is going to work itself out, not forgetting that his claim is synonymous with nightkill immune?
I'm not NK immune if I publicly state who I'm hiding behind.
Fishythefish wrote:a defense like Korlash's can be faked by the scum and carries practically no risk, as Korlash getting lynched before Percy was an unlikely event.
This. This is why the Korlash => Percy implication is no good.

Just noticed I made an error:
Percy 757 wrote:Hence I'm willing to put the Chuckshot and Beaverstick kills with the "Discontinued Mafia", and the Electrocution to another scum group/SK.
I meant to say "Erasure", not "Electrocution".

I think it's odd that the group/SK with Erasure didn't target me. Now of course you might be thinking that it's because I am that person/part of that group, but I'll say this for when I flip town later - the best interpretation I can come up with regarding last night's actions is that Empking has the Erasure power, and the mafia decided to go after the doctor. Empking couldn't target me without wasting his kill, so decided to hit someone else.
Percy 771 wrote:
roflcopter 493 wrote:in a little while i will post my own version of why percy is scum. it will contain no questions, so he doesn't have to worry about answering anything else. then we can finally get around to lynching him, and once he flips scum, we can lynch korlash too.
I've been waiting on your "own version" for over three weeks now. Notice that this is "if Percy is scum then Korlash is scum".
You have had ample opportunity and a lot of prompting to come up with this. So I take it that your "own version" was a complete fabrication?
Empking 805 wrote:
Vote: Percy
- I still think he's scummy with his statements and him trying to get out of the first day's hammer.
Wow, can you answer my question please?
Percy 728 wrote:
Empking 630 wrote:Percy; Naive speculation is more likely top happen with multiple cops.
Naive speculation happened after the cops died. Here is the first mention that I could find:
Tarhalindur 435 wrote:I strongly doubt we had two full sane cops - either one (coughElancough) was nonsane (naive Elan makes much sense) or we have multicop for multiscum. I'm leaning towards the former.
In fact, that's the only mention of naivete, except for when you said
Empking 617 wrote:Percy: As the point of making Elan a cop is naive speculation.
I still don't understand the point you're making. You said that qwints' claim made you more likely to believe L_C, and now you seem to be suggesting that it's because there was naive speculation. In fact, only one player speculated, and it was well after both the cops were dead. So what exactly made you believe L_C more after qwints' claim?
And just in case you missed the clarification,
Percy 733 wrote:
Sotty7 666 wrote:I understand and agree he needs to explain better, but you tried to say that no one talked about naïve vs sane and I was pointing out that wasn't true. I really don't see how I answered for him, I just debated the fact you said it was only brought up after the lynch.
You misunderstood, not me. Empking said something about naive speculation occurring, which in turn made him more likely to believe L_C. He asked a question about sanity, and was the first and only one to do it before the hammer. This is not the same thing at all.
So please clarify. Adding mystical statements on top of vagueness and then ignoring players when they call you on it is incredibly scummy. If I could vote you again, I would.

For the record, I like Tar's case against SensFan.

I also think Sajin's attitude is pretty bizarre. Firstly, there's this:
Sajin 497 wrote:I dislike serials reasonings on percy. I do not think that play would be made as town. Therefore I will
vote SerialClergy
...which indicates to me that he doesn't think my misread means I'm scum. Then, today he votes me and says:
Sajin 793 wrote:I think if percy was town he would be helping out more and asking for more contributions rather than taking the backseat.
...which is just completely inaccurate. I think I've done anything but take the backseat. This doesn't mention Korlash's attitude towards my wagon at all - so I'm thoroughly confused as to why he'd vote me. Also,
Sajin 793 wrote:Flavor of head hanchos claim fits in with one of the kill methods really really well.
I just looked over the wikia article on Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, and I can't imagine him erasing anything or beating someone to death with a beaverstick. Now there is some mention of electronics, but Head_Honcho was not involved in the death of Korlash - Korlash was killed directly by Mufasa, as the opening post of today says. In light of this, do you still think Head_Honcho is scummy?

I think lynching Empking and waiting on people like SensFan to answer the cases against them will provide good information for today, possibly enough to stave off a fullclaim. However, I'm not totally against the idea, and once I hear back from some other players and we get closer to the deadline, I'm willing to reconsider it.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by roflcopter »

percy wrote:I think lynching Empking and waiting on people like SensFan to answer the cases against them will provide good information for today, possibly enough to stave off a fullclaim. However, I'm not totally against the idea, and once I hear back from some other players and we get closer to the deadline, I'm willing to reconsider it.
i find it hard to express just how blaringly scummy this whole paragraph is.

the lynch isn't about getting information, its about
killing the scum
. lynching for information is an excuse scum use so they can lynch townies. what information exactly do you think an empking lynch would provide you? why should sensfan have a day's reprieve to answer the case against him if you think its so good? why can't you make up your mind about a massclaim now? are you just waiting to see which way the wind blows and find the safest opinion to take?

mufasa was a
doctor
, people. no amount of mod flavor is going to make me believe that he was responsible for korlash's death. stop trying to claim that he was and use that to as roundabout evidence one way or the other on any living player.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

I think scum are much more likely to go to extremes to defend a townie who they think could be lynched than to defend scum who they think could be lynched. It's a classic move which makes them look adorable after the flip. Your complete rejection of that as a possibility strikes me as scummy.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by roflcopter »

you're failing to account for the fact that if percy is scum he is nightkill immune, which is the most valuable member to defend from the lynch because a lynch is the only way they can die.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by roflcopter »

also, for christ's sake guys, look at what sc wrote in 799. korlash wasn't just defending, he was hedging his bets and distancing at the same time.
soi soi soi

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Percy »

roflcopter 807 wrote:the lynch isn't about getting information, its about
killing the scum
. lynching for information is an excuse scum use so they can lynch townies. what information exactly do you think an empking lynch would provide you? why should sensfan have a day's reprieve to answer the case against him if you think its so good? why can't you make up your mind about a massclaim now? are you just waiting to see which way the wind blows and find the safest opinion to take?
Stop twisting my words, please. The paragraph which you quoted was my attempt to explain why I don't think a massclaim is a necessity right now. Elementary mafia theory: massclaim gives the town lots of information to look over, but also reveals that information to the scum. It endangers the town PRs, and if we have any left I would like to not see them NKed.

I think massclaims should be used as a last resort, not "hey Tar's in this game he can break setups let's trust him". Right now, I think Empking is a great lynch, hence my vote. I think SensFan is worth pursuing, and the same with Sajin. If the leads don't go anywhere, then I'll consider saying yes to a massclaim. For now, we have plenty to work with, and talking about massclaim is distracting.

I have stated my strong opinion that Empking is scum, and I want him to die. I was willing to sacrifice my life just to see him die yesterday. So don't try and tell me I'm sitting on the fence here.

Ironically enough, you haven't even mentioned massclaim today, except to feel Fishy out about why he supports it. How do you feel about it? Why is it OK for you to criticise me for not making up my mind when you clearly haven't made up yours?
roflcopter 807 wrote:mufasa was a
doctor
, people. no amount of mod flavor is going to make me believe that he was responsible for korlash's death. stop trying to claim that he was and use that to as roundabout evidence one way or the other on any living player.
Firstly, there is nothing ambiguous about this:
Gorrad 756 wrote:
The other two were killed directly by each other.
How you can interpret that as "a
third
scumfaction killed Korlash" is beyond me. Secondly, the fact is that everyone knew I was hiding behind Empking, and that killing Empking would bag two dead guys. But I already said that it has almost no bearing on why I think Empking is scum. I just think it makes sense, and may be worth investigating later once everyone knows I've been telling the truth all along.
roflcopter 809 wrote:you're failing to account for the fact that if percy is scum he is nightkill immune, which is the most valuable member to defend from the lynch because a lynch is the only way they can die.
I've said this before, but apparently I need to repeat things at least three times before you might notice what I've said. I will publicly declare whoever it is I'm hiding behind each night. I will probably die very soon. I am going to try to hide behind people I think are scum and hope for a crosskill between the factions. You can lynch me if you really want to waste another lynch, but lynching is not the only way I can die.
roflcopter 810 wrote:also, for christ's sake guys, look at what sc wrote in 799. korlash wasn't just defending, he was hedging his bets and distancing at the same time.
Yes, so it was calculated and cautious. It doesn't change the fact that I'm town, and scum defended me in the hopes that
exactly this would occur

Finally,
Percy 806 wrote:
Percy 771 wrote:
roflcopter 493 wrote:in a little while i will post my own version of why percy is scum. it will contain no questions, so he doesn't have to worry about answering anything else. then we can finally get around to lynching him, and once he flips scum, we can lynch korlash too.
I've been waiting on your "own version" for over three weeks now. Notice that this is "if Percy is scum then Korlash is scum".
You have had ample opportunity and a lot of prompting to come up with this. So I take it that your "own version" was a complete fabrication?
You promised your "own version", which I took to mean (at the time) that there was some
other
scummy thing you'd noticed, or some
new
interpretation.
You didn't post it then.
You haven't posted it now.
I've asked you for it at least three times.
You haven't even provided a re-hash of the same case SC was pedalling yesterday and claimed that it was your "own version".

Everything you're talking about today refers to events that came
well after
this post of yours.

I essentially called you a liar in the last post, and you ignored me. What the hell are you doing?!
HoS: roflcopter
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Per a player's request, I am clarifying the flavor. The two were killed by each other as in "next to each other".
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Percy »

In that case,
Percy 806 wrote:I was under the impression that Korlash died because he killed Mufasa - the fact that Gorrad said "The two were killed directly by each other" makes this seem like Mufasa had a power whereby anyone that NKed him got NKed back. That means two scum groups and no protection of Empking makes the most sense.
Percy 806 wrote:I think it's odd that the group/SK with Erasure didn't target me. Now of course you might be thinking that it's because I am that person/part of that group, but I'll say this for when I flip town later - the best interpretation I can come up with regarding last night's actions is that Empking has the Erasure power, and the mafia decided to go after the doctor. Empking couldn't target me without wasting his kill, so decided to hit someone else.
Both of these theories are out the window.

Percy 806 wrote:Also,
Sajin 793 wrote:Flavor of head hanchos claim fits in with one of the kill methods really really well.
I just looked over the wikia article on Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, and I can't imagine him erasing anything or beating someone to death with a beaverstick. Now there is some mention of electronics, but Head_Honcho was not involved in the death of Korlash - Korlash was killed directly by Mufasa, as the opening post of today says. In light of this, do you still think Head_Honcho is scummy?
This question should now be preceded by; this theory should be rejected given that AFAIK Girl Genius is a regularly updated webcomic, and is therefore either a fake claim or a townie claim. In light of this, do you still think Head_Honcho is scummy?

Percy 811 wrote:
roflcopter 807 wrote:mufasa was a doctor, people. no amount of mod flavor is going to make me believe that he was responsible for korlash's death. stop trying to claim that he was and use that to as roundabout evidence one way or the other on any living player.
Firstly, there is nothing ambiguous about this:
Gorrad 756 wrote:
The other two were killed directly by each other.
How you can interpret that as "a third scumfaction killed Korlash" is beyond me. Secondly, the fact is that everyone knew I was hiding behind Empking, and that killing Empking would bag two dead guys. But I already said that it has almost no bearing on why I think Empking is scum. I just think it makes sense, and may be worth investigating later once everyone knows I've been telling the truth all along.
Obviously there are three NKs that are unaccounted for, rather than two. roflcopter's initial observation about Mufasa not being responsible is (almost certainly) correct. Furthermore, if Empking was one of the NKing factions (and so unable to kill me) and the Discontinued Mafia went after Mufasa (at the very least the flavour suggests that), then the third could have hit Empking and therefore me.

The fact that
both
Empking and I are alive today has no obvious explanation that I can think of right now,
even if
you think I'm lying about my claim.

I'll have to rethink things. I may have missed something, but I think the rest of my analysis still stands. Thanks for the clarification, mod.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Percy »

EBWOP: Scratch that bit about Gilgamesh Wulfenbach. It could be a truthful claim from non-Discontinued Mafia scum.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

If I get time, I'm going to look into Korlash's scummeta- I think it's important in determining whether his defense of Percy was of another scum or to look good when he flipped town.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Either roflcopter has superhuman powers of perception to guess that 'killed by each other' meant 'killed right next to each other' or he had something to do with one of the kills. You'd have earned my vote if I wasn't still chugging along on the Percy wagon.

For now, I thought I'd post up some highlight's of Korlash's love/hate relationship of Percy to give something concrete to what I asserted and most people didn't immediately respond to in 799.
Korlash wrote:In his hammer post he doesn't specifically say the "counter claim" is the reason he is voting, he says it "needs addressing today." His explanation was that he felt the counterclaim was unneeded, thus his statement that it needed addressing makes sense. i'm trying hard not to answer this stuff for him but its hard to argue my points without addressing yours...
Korlash wrote:I do agree with you him not including his reasoning about the day investigation at the time of the hammer means that he could be lying here now, but it doesn't prove it. It doesn't even suggest it really, unless you're saying it's impossible for a townie to hammer someone without giving a reason.
Korlash wrote:In all fairness it means very little coming from me and not him, but if I have to answer for him in order to address your BS accusations then I gotta do what I gotta do...
Korlash wrote:Oh yeah, that's very good. Automatically pair the guy your voting and the guy pointing out your BS attacks. How original.

Sarcasm aside, it's not sympathetic. I was all ready to join the wagon on Percy until he posted his explanation, causing me to reread and edit my post the otherway. I actually read the entire thing with the added perspective that I was open to him telling the truth, and you know what, it actually made sense. Why don't you try it and instead of reading it with your biased "i'm right and nothing can change it" attitude and maybe you can make something of this discussion.
Korlash wrote:The sad part about all of this is I originally agreed with you. But that aside...
Korlash wrote:Which means via his explanation there is no lie. Whether or not you believe this is up to you, whether I believe it or not is up to me. My view point on Percy has changed may times today I'm sure it will change many more. But that's irrelevant as I care only about my viewpoint on you atm.
Korlash wrote:This is my biggest issue with you and I would like it clarified before i press on with Percy.
Korlash wrote:Yes, it's indicative of me thinking SC's is pushing the Percy wagon for means other then good old fashioned scum hunting. The fact I had to resort to defending Percy to push my own point is regrettable, but luckily it hasn't seemed to do any damage to the case on him or his own defense.
Korlash wrote:As far as my own defense of Percy goes, Devil's Advocate is a pretty good way to describe it. To make my own point clear I don't disagree with *most* of the attacks on Percy, but the ones I do I need to push against. And I can't do that without in some way shape or form defending Percy in the process. My first and foremost thought has not been to defend Percy but to push my vote on SC, something that has yet to be cleared up mind you. I will say once it has been cleared up I'll have some words for Percy as well, so no fear there eh?
Korlash wrote:And just to ease your troubled mind, when I said "I don't care about... (insert three things I said here)" I didn't mean I don't care about them, just that I don't care about talking about them with SC at that time. I don't want SC to talk about whether or not I should believe percy. I don't want him to talk about percy's lie and what makes it a lie. I almost entirely don't want him talking about Percy at all. (Minus the stuff he has to explain in order to back up his statement I have concerns about.)
I don't see how the comments above make sense in a scum-buddying-town narrative. I don't know why he's so keen to put himself at arm's length from the person he's trying to buddy. It is a textbook chainsaw case - his continued insistence that he is not defending Percy, and that he agrees about much of the case, or he's not even interested in discussing the case about Percy - all he cares about is his case on SC. It's just.. classic. He worked hard to derail the wagon and was a big factor is moving the wagon off Percy (which in and of itself doesn't make much sense from a scum standpoint). Then the continued distancing coupled with the continued defending is a clear scum signal, no matter what WIFOM is spouted (It's just a CLEVER way of buddying :roll:)

Press on, fellow townians! Percy is the lynch, get it done.
I'm old now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

serial wrote:Either roflcopter has superhuman powers of perception to guess that 'killed by each other' meant 'killed right next to each other' or he had something to do with one of the kills.
thats the kind of thing that really, really doesn't need to be pointed out. you're not considering all the possibilities if you think thats enough to have warranted a vote.

@percy: clergyman's original rendition of the case against you is enough on that front. korlash's scum flip should really speak for itself, too.
soi soi soi

Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Sironigous »

Percy wrote:Smells like scum fakeclaiming to me. FoS: Sironigous.
Hey Percy! (or anyone...) Have you heard of that comic before?

You see, I started over and read I think the first 10 strips, but I don't think I saw my character at all.
Trinka Trinka!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Percy »

SerialClergyman 816 wrote:Either roflcopter has superhuman powers of perception to guess that 'killed by each other' meant 'killed right next to each other' or he had something to do with one of the kills. You'd have earned my vote if I wasn't still chugging along on the Percy wagon.
So you're saying that my original interpretation made the most sense, given the flavour Gorrad provided? I certainly thought so. However, I don't think roflcopter's objection to my analysis amounts to his confession of performing the deed... necessarily. His response:
roflcopter 817 wrote:thats the kind of thing that really, really doesn't need to be pointed out.
...makes me think twice. This post is telling SC to shut up and not point out things he thinks is scummy, which is a rather scummy attitude.
SerialClergyman 816 wrote:I don't see how the comments above make sense in a scum-buddying-town narrative.
I am not in a position to answer for Korlash, so I won't even try. However, I think his actions encouraged my wagon, and I came very close to being lynched yesterday. The fact is that I'm town, and Korlash's actions almost got me killed yesterday, and may very well get me lynched today.

@SC: Will you be pressing for a rofl lynch tomorrow when I flip town (after you self-vote and sell your house)?
roflcopter 817 wrote:@percy: clergyman's original rendition of the case against you is enough on that front.
So you have confessed: when you said you had your "own version", you were really just lying to encourage my wagon.

roflcopter is a liar. If I wasn't so sure of Empking's scumminess I'd be voting for him.
Sironigous 818 wrote:Hey Percy! (or anyone...) Have you heard of that comic before?

You see, I started over and read I think the first 10 strips, but I don't think I saw my character at all.
I hadn't heard of the comic, no. I'm not an avid webcomic reader anyway. It was the way you phrased your claim (that you hadn't even looked at the webcomic) and your comment about the Discontinued mafia that threw me.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Sajin Post 793 wrote:I think if percy was town he would be helping out more and asking for more contributions rather than taking the backseat.
How has Percy been taking a back seat?

@Fishy: Just how long are you willing to give Percy before you think he would be a good lynch?

Percy Post 806 wrote:I think it's odd that the group/SK with Erasure didn't target me. Now of course you might be thinking that it's because I am that person/part of that group, but I'll say this for when I flip town later - the best interpretation I can come up with regarding last night's actions is that Empking has the Erasure power, and the mafia decided to go after the doctor. Empking couldn't target me without wasting his kill, so decided to hit someone else.
If you are telling the truth emp wouldn't target you at all. This is why initially I thought emp could be scum, but you seemed to ignore that idea which like I said was very strange. You are basically voting for emp for not answering your questions right? Do you have a actual case on him?

You later say that you strongly believe emp is scum. Your vote post doesn't feel strong to me at all. Can you lay out just why you think emp is scum? Also, what's your opinion on SC right now?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Sajin »

Its not the post amount but rather the post aggressiveness of Percy. It does not match his town meta imo.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Sajin wrote:Its not the post amount but rather the post aggressiveness of Percy. It does not match his town meta imo.
Links?
Show
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Hascow/Cow are acceptable shortened names, never "Has"
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Percy »

Re: my meta:

If you want to look at some aggressive townie-meta from me, check out this game of mine - Jungle Republic. If anyone would like to point out any major deviations in my playstyle between that game and this one, go ahead.

Also, I'd like to point out that Sajin was in this game - True Love with me. Just read my exchange with Kmd, and tell me whether aggressiveness is part of my town meta or not.

HoS: Sajin
. This is the
second time
you've used completely inaccurate arguments against me today.

Sotty7 820 wrote:
Percy Post 806 wrote:I think it's odd that the group/SK with Erasure didn't target me. Now of course you might be thinking that it's because I am that person/part of that group, but I'll say this for when I flip town later - the best interpretation I can come up with regarding last night's actions is that Empking has the Erasure power, and the mafia decided to go after the doctor. Empking couldn't target me without wasting his kill, so decided to hit someone else.
If you are telling the truth emp wouldn't target you at all. This is why initially I thought emp could be scum, but you seemed to ignore that idea which like I said was very strange. You are basically voting for emp for not answering your questions right? Do you have a actual case on him?
Firstly, I clarified how this theory fails in 813. As I said there, I can't think of an obvious explanation for what happened last night, and I don't think anyone else can, even if they think I'm scum (at the very least, I'm yet to see one).
I think your question is like this (if you forgive the paraphrase):
Given that you thought that Mufasa and Korlash killed each other and the Erasure faction targetted someone who wasn't Empking, why did it not initially occur to you that Empking was probably that Erasure faction?
My answer is the same as it was before:
Percy 771 wrote:It is evidence
consistent
with Empking scum, but I don't think it's particularly persuasive evidence
for
it. I think Empking is scum for different reasons.
I think another viable possibility (based
only
on the events of last night) is that Empking is town and I'm town, and after my lynch Empking may well be another mislynch. Two mislynches is good for any scum faction.

My case against Empking is pretty much as it was in 771. He said some pretty inconsistent things. He was incredibly evasive, and used those inconsistent statements to push my wagon. He's dug himself into a hole of contradictions, and has now put his vote back on me without responding to my questions and gone back to lurking.

Yes, it's not the strongest case I've ever put together. But all Empking has contributed to this game is bizarre, inconsistent statements, ignoring questions, anti-town behaviour and pushing my wagon. Empking
will
ignore me if I start talking about anyone else or pushing any other wagons - just like he did in the Jungle Republic game you and I were in that I linked to above (and, for the record, I was right about Empkingscum in that game).

Also, just noticed this:
Korlash 750 wrote:Wow lots of Kise hate coming around... None of it I like. Can we not lynch him and take out SC? Cool, glad I could get a word in edge wise.
Can someone point out to me how the way Korlash treated Kise was different from the way he treated me? If Kise was still alive, I'd expect SC and rofl to be getting stuck into Kise about this, at the very least, with the same terrible justification.
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

people keep saying "if not for ____ I'd ____ rofl___" let's compromise people

I do agree about empking being a good candidate though and I would be down for that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”