Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

I think both sides of this argument are overreacting. I'm not sure that "Oh look this person is overreacting...SCUM" is entirely applicable when you have so many new players around (who, I've found, tend to be a tad more emotional in their posting).

The wagon was kind of dumb but I don't think it was scummy. These things happen.
Peabody wrote:Dang it, I need to get a random vote in before discussion starts:

vote mathcam
because I suck at math.
This is a pretty terrible vote. "Before discussion starts"? You're only two pages late on that score... are you sure that it's the only reason?
Vote: Peabody
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Harumafuji
Harumafuji
Townie
Harumafuji
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by Harumafuji »

Post, Cyberbob good.

If Cyberbob, Stained glass Peabody interesting choices in this quote? Something I can not see the name of Peabody.
Peabody wrote: If the point of RVS is to get discussion rolling, why is hoopla already at L-2?
Something fishy is going on
. Honestly, I'd say I agree with CoCo, le Chat and Col.Cathart on this subject. A L-2 is not good this early.
FoS: Peabody

However, the players here and I "Coco" Finally I can read the 21 polling day.
I love playing the mafia!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Talitha »

1.) Bandwagon good

2.) Coco... Not sure

3.)
vote: Peabody
That was a weird random vote when there was plenty else going on.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Talitha »

er,
unvote: Hoopla
vote: Peabody
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 am

Post by CoCo »

Unvote

FOS Charter.

charter wrote:Early reports say both Hoopla and Vaya are town. Coco looks pretty suspect with his Vaya inquisition but ignoring the bandwagon votes of others. Looks like he's trying to build up a lynch on Vaya rather than question bandwagon votes.

unvote, vote CoCo
charter wrote:
Peabody wrote:Charter, why are you getting a town reading on Hoopla and Vaya? Can you please point out specific posts that make you come to this conclusion?
Hoopla's reaction to the wagon on her wasn't scummy, so I'm leaning town on her.
Pretty much every post of Vaya's I've agreed with, so town there as well.

Vaya, I wouldn't continue to waste your breath defending yourself against CoCo (aka it's way too early in the game for quote wars). I can't imagine anyone is actually buying what he's selling, I'm certainly not.
Like I said, these aren't reports. They aren't even facts.

FOS Mathcam

mathcam wrote:
charter wrote:Early reports say both Hoopla and Vaya are town. Coco looks pretty suspect with his Vaya inquisition but ignoring the bandwagon votes of others. Looks like he's trying to build up a lynch on Vaya rather than question bandwagon votes.

unvote, vote CoCo
Was going to make the same piont myself.
Unvote, vote: Coco.

Cam
mathcam wrote:Ahhh...I suspect Haru is a non-native speaker. That should be interesting. ;)

And I don't think we need to be too harsh on CoCo -- certainly common wisdom raises an eyebrow at a 5-person bandwaggon in the first few posts of a game. That he finds this suspicious is not that surprising. The whole "The bandwaggon is scummy" vs. "No its not" quote war isn't particularly informative, imho.

Cam
mathcam wrote:
Vaya wrote:If that's how you feel, then why are you voting for him?
Cuz there's a difference between finding someone scummy and being condescending to them?

Cam
Looks like both of them have shabby reasons for voting for me. I think some REAL explanations are due.
Show
Record:

Town: 3
Power Role: 3
Special: 1
Scum: 0
Ongoing: 2

W/L/D: 3/1/0
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:10 am

Post by charter »

It's just a phrase. Obviously I don't have any facts on anyone, it's like three pages in to the game.

My reason isn't shabby. You claimed to be questioning bandwagoners, but you weren't questioning everyone who was doing it, just Vaya. This makes me think that you don't care one way or the other about bandwagoners, you just wanted to build up a case on Vaya. You were selectively applying the logic.

Now you're OMGUSing as well.

Peabody wagon is good.
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:39 am

Post by CoCo »

Ummm, no. Where are these "early reports?" You're twisting the argument.
Show
Record:

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:42 am

Post by charter »

Those were just my thoughts. Saying "early reports say blah and blah" is just another way of saying "well, I think blah".
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:49 am

Post by CoCo »

I don't think so. Your choice of words makes it sound as though you had additional information.
Show
Record:

le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:23 am

Post by le Chat »

no CoCo, even I understood the 'early reports' to be a phrase of speech and not a claim to have game information.

i think Harumafuji's posts make everything interesting. :]
Vaya wrote:
le Chat wrote:
mathcam wrote:Can we all vote to embrace Communism & Joseph Stalin? Then we all win with none of that unsightly bloodshed.
I don't know about
you
but I love America and by God I'm going to lynch all the Commie bastards.
Vaya wrote:It was a completely random early bandwagon vote. I doubt anyone on it has any real intention of getting here lynched yet, so I don't see anything wrong or scummy about it.
All 5 of you have bandwagoned Hoopla without any real intention of getting her lynched yet? I don't understand.
What do you not understand about it? Every time you bandwagon, do you always have the intention of pushing it to a lynch?
No, what I should have emphasized was the "All 5 of you" because I found it odd that you could speak for the alignment of everyone on the wagon. Sorry for seemingly digging that back up but I hadn't had a chance to respond even though things have developed after it.

I do not yet know what to think about Vaya v CoCo. I can absolutely understand now that the bandwagon didn't really threaten Hoopla (at first I saw 5 votes and immediately kneejerked "scum is on there!") once I think that if people would have made the last two votes they would have been extremely suspect so i bet nobody would hammer and that, yes, the wagon did bring about a lot of discussion more effectively than I had expected. However, CoCo is pushing very hard against Vaya and does not seem to come to the same understanding as I am. Right now though I feel like choosing between the two is just a false dilemma.

Hoopla why is it still your birthday this is ridiculous.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 am

Post by le Chat »

charter wrote:
Peabody wrote:Charter, why are you getting a town reading on Hoopla and Vaya? Can you please point out specific posts that make you come to this conclusion?
Hoopla's reaction to the wagon on her wasn't scummy, so I'm leaning town on her. Pretty much every post of Vaya's I've agreed with, so town there as well.
what would a scummy reaction from hoopla @ her 5man wagon be?

pertaining to Peabody, I understand that pb was late with the RVS vote and could have simply remarked on the game's goings-on instead but i dont see how that is a scumtell.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Vaya »

le Chat wrote: No, what I should have emphasized was the "All 5 of you" because I found it odd that you could speak for the alignment of everyone on the wagon. Sorry for seemingly digging that back up but I hadn't had a chance to respond even though things have developed after it.
I wasn't saying that everyone on the wagon is town, I was simply saying that the act of jumping on the bandwagon probably didn't have scummy motivations behind it. So if anyone on the wagon is scum, I don't think their voting on the wagon is a sign of it.

Also, seconding what Le chat said about Peabody. I don't get why people are voting him either.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Peabody »

Cyberbob wrote:This is a pretty terrible vote. "Before discussion starts"? You're only two pages late on that score... are you sure that it's the only reason? Vote: Peabody
Yup, I'm sure its the only reason.

Harumafuji, I don't see what's wrong with my wording in the quote you bolded.

Charter wrote: Hoopla's reaction to the wagon on her wasn't scummy, so I'm leaning town on her. Pretty much every post of Vaya's I've agreed with, so town there as well.
Charter, I fail to understand your reasoning for calling both Hoopla and Vaya town. I hardly heard anything from hoopla, and the Vaya reading seems a little weak. You said you agree with everything Vaya said so far? Honestly, I find some of Vaya's posts a bit disagreeable. Can you please point out which post exactly you are referencing when you say you agree with Vaya?

Unvote; Vote Charter
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:06 am

Post by CoCo »

Exactly, Peabody. But I'm not going to vote until Mathcam explains himself (or tries to) before I make any votes.
Show
Record:

CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 am

Post by CoCo »

^Woah, too much coffee today, you think?
Show
Record:

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:47 am

Post by mathcam »

What do you mean explain myself? I gave the exact reason for my vote:
Coco looks pretty suspect with his Vaya inquisition but ignoring the bandwagon votes of others. Looks like he's trying to build up a lynch on Vaya rather than question bandwagon votes.
In post 59, you call out Vaya for being opportunistic, but no one else on the bandwagon. charter mentions this in his quote in post 62. You ignore this question. He then asks again in 72:
Charter wrote:CoCo, what makes Vaya's vote so scummy but not Sens' and mine?
You again ignore this, posting in 74, 76, 78, and several more. It's only when Vaya asks it that you respond to the argument in post 87, and even then it's a pretty pathetic excuse for a reason:
CoCo wrote: Is this post a good enough reason?
Most of the argument in that post occurred
after
Charter and I wanted an explanation, so no, it's not a good enough reason. Not by far.

You can forgive us for finding it scummy that an argument that two people agreed was a strong point against you was ignored for so long. Perhaps because you couldn't think of a valid response?

That you think
you
now deserve an explanation is laughable.

Cam
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by CoCo »

Your quotes in my post 104 say otherwise.
Show
Record:

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by mathcam »

I have no idea what you're talking about. You quoted those quotes without making any additional commentary, and seem to think you've made a point. Most of those quotes are meta-mafia and hardly seem relevant.

Cam
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The back and forth between Coco and co. is starting to become an irrelevant typing contest. The only thing of note coming from that was Coco's 104 which is rife with OMGUS and over-defensiveness.
Cyberbob wrote:I think both sides of this argument are overreacting. I'm not sure that "Oh look this person is overreacting...SCUM" is entirely applicable when you have so many new players around (who, I've found, tend to be a tad more emotional in their posting).

The wagon was kind of dumb but I don't think it was scummy. These things happen.
Peabody wrote:Dang it, I need to get a random vote in before discussion starts:

vote mathcam
because I suck at math.
This is a pretty terrible vote. "Before discussion starts"? You're only two pages late on that score... are you sure that it's the only reason?
Good posting. This wagon needs to generate more steam.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Peabody wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:This is a pretty terrible vote. "Before discussion starts"? You're only two pages late on that score... are you sure that it's the only reason? Vote: Peabody
Yup, I'm sure its the only reason.
Yeah that question was (obviously) kind of rhetorical. I'm really after a response to two questions: firstly, why you made the "random" vote in the first place when there had been 2 pages of discussion already on which you could have made a "real" one and secondly, given the aforementioned 2 pages of discussion, why you thought "before discussion starts" was an appropriate thing to say when that boat had clearly sailed.
Peabody wrote:Charter, I fail to understand your reasoning for calling both Hoopla and Vaya town. I hardly heard anything from hoopla, and the Vaya reading seems a little weak. You said you agree with everything Vaya said so far? Honestly, I find some of Vaya's posts a bit disagreeable. Can you please point out which post exactly you are referencing when you say you agree with Vaya?

Unvote; Vote Charter
This is another questionable vote. Are you always this jumpy?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

D'oh. Late to the party, everything is said already ~^

CoCo: At first I was agreeing with you, when you argued with Vaya, but now you're just pushing the limits with Charter and Mathcam. You caught two quotes from them both, and you're mangling them to death. They both answered it. Clearly. You may like the answer or not, but there's no reason to go into circular posting. You had a question, they answered. Like it? Leave it be. Don't like it? Vote. I don't think anything more can be squeezed from this.

I think for now, that Peabody's vote was a simple mistake, not a real scum-tell. His jumpiness to vote others IS quite suspicious though.

Also, can someone translate Harumafuji's posts to me? As not an English native speaker, those posts are giving me real hard time :|
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
CoCo
CoCo
Goon
CoCo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 am

Post by CoCo »

Allow me to make myself clear.

Charter posts about early reports showing Vaya as town. When asked, he says its simply because he agrees. I want to know exactly what posts he agrees with that point town on Vaya.

Second, Mathcam quotes the post by Charter and says he was "about to make that point himself."
What point? There was nothing to go on in that post. Also, he later tells people not to be so hard on me because the wagon did indeed look suspicious. When confronted about why he's voting for me in that case, he responds saying there is a difference between finding someone scummy and being condescending. After making 104, he responds with YET ANOTHER reason that has nothing to do with the quotes in question.

And this isn't OMGUS. I actually have a reason for wanting to vote for one of them. It appears their reasons are lacking substance.
Show
Record:

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Cyberbob »

coco/vaya/mathcam/charter argument is a giant mass of red herring, overreaction and nulltell
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:36 am

Post by charter »

Col.Cathart wrote:I think for now, that Peabody's vote was a simple mistake, not a real scum-tell. His jumpiness to vote others IS quite suspicious though.
Why are you defending Peabody? If Peabody comes up scum, you're the first to go.
unvote, vote Peabody
Cyberbob wrote:coco/vaya/mathcam/charter argument is a giant mass of red herring, overreaction and nulltell
Um, no. Go back and read my post (62).
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

charter wrote:
Col.Cathart wrote:I think for now, that Peabody's vote was a simple mistake, not a real scum-tell. His jumpiness to vote others IS quite suspicious though.
Why are you defending Peabody? If Peabody comes up scum, you're the first to go.
unvote, vote Peabody
So I should take my torch and follow the angry mob, without even looking at the case? No thanks, this isn't Medieval. I like to see the situation from all of the angles, before deciding anything.

Also, I'm not defending him. That's his job, not mine. From my point of view, not so random 'random' vote, and little jumpiness with voting is definitely not enough for vote, especially now, when he has 4 votes already. Mild FoS at best, but nothing more IMO.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”