Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Looker »

To help Greg Out:

Pick the scum out of each
1. MSG or DJ
2. Battousai
3. Icerint
4. Mastin

I guess for the last three you can just give a yea or nay.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by molestargazer »

guy-who-wants-me-dead wrote:fine then.

please post again and use someones name. if it is a minor infraction then you should at least recive some sort of warning and not a modkill.
No. That's plain ridiculous.
Once, as a mistake, can easily be forgiven by a mod. Doing it again, on purpose, could easily be modkillable.
This just seems like a roundabout way to achieve your goal - my death my modkill. Which makes me think you're even more scummy.
satan-guy wrote:You're misunderstanding. The Mod has said that whether or not rules are real will not affect how he enforces them. For example, if I claimed to be under a restriction where I could post using only smilies, I would be punished for breaking that rule even if it were only an imaginary, self-imposed rule. So whether --- gets a warning or not via your method is null with regard to both her alignment and whether she is lying.
Note - I'm a he. :P
This is, however, a valid point.
guy-who-wants-me-dead wrote:the fact that there was no warning and that the mod is retroactively backing up the story makes me think the mod took some time to think on this one lending more towards --- being a big fat liar.
Have you ever paused to consider the idea that the mod doesn't want to intervene at all as that could actively tip the balance of the game?
You're also being aggressive.
Why isn't this guy dead?!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

Batt is getting a little free with the scumwand. I would find this worrisome except that I agree with him. :(

MSG, I actually agree with DJ that the Mod being reluctant to intervene comes down on the side of the rule not being mod-derived. I think the Mod would be comparatively dogmatic about mod-derived rules.

Looker, is there a reason you're not asking Greg about Kmd?
Gregory
Gregory
Goon
Gregory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Gregory »

Looker wrote:To help Greg Out:

Pick the scum out of each
1. MSG or DJ
2. Battousai
3. Icerint
4. Mastin

I guess for the last three you can just give a yea or nay.
DJ
closest to town
town
town

I gave my answers. We need info from you. we'll do the same thing.

1. DJ
2. MSG
3. KMD
4. Phily
5. Mastin

I like this
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Iecerint »

That group of 5 is your scumlist?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Battousai »

Nah, I think he's throwing the "Are these players town or scum" back at looker. He has Mastin on that list and he has Mastin as town.
Gregory
Gregory
Goon
Gregory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Gregory »

batt get's it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Iecerint »

Come to think of it, I'd have thought that Greg'd be less incredulous of MSG's post restriction if his insane doc status were real. His role allegedly changed (albeit later) on account of (he speculates) opening the Hospital door; MSG's is alleged to have changed upon opening the Dark Room door.

Another thought -- if Greg's alleged rolechange is attributed to his opening the Hospital door, then it is probably null with regard to his alignment.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

Greg, you're said that you think MSG is scum, or at least more likely scum than DJ. (Please clarify that, btw.) Do you think MSG is lying about his restriction?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Iecerint wrote:Come to think of it, I'd have thought that Greg'd be less incredulous of MSG's post restriction if his insane doc status were real. His role allegedly changed (albeit later) on account of (he speculates) opening the Hospital door; MSG's is alleged to have changed upon opening the Dark Room door.

Another thought -- if Greg's alleged rolechange is attributed to his opening the Hospital door, then it is probably null with regard to his alignment.
I agree, but I think he is lying. Mainly because he claims he is
insane
doc.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by don_johnson »

even if he's telling the truth, he's an ass backwards power role. look, we need to thin the populace and sitting on our hands isn't going to do it. greg is scummy and has made an extremely questionable claim which(according to 1132) is null in regards to his alignment anyways. so either he is scummy looking, potentially harmful town, or he is scum with a new trick up his sleeve. hmm, wait a minute. maybe if we keep him alive then we can test him out by having him kill someone tonight? it would certainly help serve the purpose of thinning the herd.

unvote, vote batt
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Battousai »

You want him to kill a townie tonight? And you called me worthless... So, let's see. DJ has wanted to test out two hypothesis, which would result in two townies' death and at least one would be a powerrole if he is wrong. Ya, somehow I don't see this as a good idea.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Posting this in all my games. After I leave my house around 4:45 EST tomorrow morning, I won't be home to post until Tuesday. Whether I post before then or not depends on whether or not I get brief laptop access.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Let me make sure I understand you, DJ. You want to risk the cop on Greg instead of killing Greg today. You think that Batt is the second-most-likely scum. Do I have that right?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Looker »

Ice's Post 1127 - KMD wasn't on the list because he wasn't voting Greg. You think he ought to have been?

Greg's Post 1128 - Lol, he says he likes it. Well, here we go...

1. DJ - Leaning scum due to his anxiousness to kill, whether it be by wagon or modkill, but then that could also just be the way he likes to play. I can definitely see scum being amongst the ranks of DJ, MSG, Batt, and Greg (you). I just have to figure out who. Still workin on that, tho.

2. MSG - I'm guessin town but I don't know about the post restriction thing. I guess it just kind of blew over. I don't know. I see nothing wrong with him, tho, and his vote on DJ makes me a lean a little bit more toward DJ being scum, but that's still tentative.

3. KMD - Don't know much about this guy. Definitely scummier than PhilyEc to me, but I'm waiting for a replacement for Phily before I swap my vote.

4. Phily - The only reason I'm voting Phily is because he's not here and I don't want his spot to go overlooked. Seems town to me, tho.

5. Mastin - To be honest, I think either you're scum or Mastin's scum, not both and not neither. Right now, due to his vote post, I'm leaning toward him being scum.

To be honest, I think that one out of MSG, DJ, Batt, & Greg are scum; one out of KMD, Looker, & Phily are scum; either Icerint or Greg is scum; and either Mastin or Greg is scum. So if Greg is scum, I'd clear Icerint and Mastin for now; however, if he isn't, I'd say both Icerint and Mastin were scum, but that's just me and I'm still workin here.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Looker, I'm not sure about Kmd. I asked about him because I'd just brought it up and it seemed to be ignored. I didn't know if you were trying to minimize the case against him.

Also, you think I'm potentially scum with Mastin? Why?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Looker »

Lack of buddying in the thread shouldn't imply a lack of affiliation. I think (at least for the moment[- it's kind of like a snapshot of my mental processes]) that either Greg is scum or you and Mastin are scum. So if Greg turns up scum, then I'll clear the both of you; however, if he doesn't, I'd look to you two being the scum next. However, that would still leave one scum being amongst KMD, myself, and Phily, or MSG, DJ, & Batt - if Greg dies town.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I came out wanting to lynch Mastin and kept my vote there for like 2 rl weeks or something, though. It's not just lack of buddying. I agree that keeping possibilities open is useful, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. What's the basis of your Iec-Mastin link? Why are you excluding Tenchi from consideration?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Looker »

Because he's not here, Iec. What do you think of him? I agree and I was trying to keep the absent people under consideration; however, I forgot about Tenchi, I guess because I'm not voting him. My mistake. Do you think he's scummy?
Gregory
Gregory
Goon
Gregory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Gregory »

Iecerint wrote:Greg, you're said that you think MSG is scum, or at least more likely scum than DJ. (Please clarify that, btw.) Do you think MSG is lying about his restriction?
no, I said DJ is more likely scum.
don_johnson wrote: hmm, wait a minute. maybe if we keep him alive then we can test him out by having him kill someone tonight? it would certainly help serve the purpose of thinning the herd.
are you crazy? do you think I'm a vig or something? If someone investigates me, he'll die. Do you want to send a powerrole to investigate me, and have your cop or vig dead next day?
allways a bad thing. If I'm lying, the cop will survive, and he'll know I'm a bad guy, but, he'll needs to claim too. If I'm not lying, your cop will die, and nobody can certify I'm town.
Looker wrote:To be honest, I think that one out of MSG, DJ, Batt, & Greg are scum; one out of KMD, Looker, & Phily are scum; either Icerint or Greg is scum; and either Mastin or Greg is scum. So if Greg is scum, I'd clear Icerint and Mastin for now; however, if he isn't, I'd say both Icerint and Mastin were scum, but that's just me and I'm still workin here.

for most I agree, but I don't know why Mastin and I can't be scum or town together.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 am

Post by Looker »

Well that's because I don't know how many scum there are. I was assuming it was four so I'd just pick one out of each group. You thinkin somethin' different?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

Gregory wrote: are you crazy? do you think I'm a vig or something? If someone investigates me, he'll die. Do you want to send a powerrole to investigate me, and have your cop or vig dead next day?
allways a bad thing. If I'm lying, the cop will survive, and he'll know I'm a bad guy, but, he'll needs to claim too. If I'm not lying, your cop will die, and nobody can certify I'm town.
sorry, i misunderstood. i was thinking that as insane doc, you would kill the person you try to protect and could therefore be used as a vig. honestly, the way you are stating your role works make you a detriment to town. also, it makes no sense whatsoever for the mod to give you so much information about this role. i.e. cops rarely, if ever, know thir sanity. why would mod give you this info?

unvote, vote greg

whoever said i'm suspicious because i want someone to get lynched is a jackass. the game will go nowhere if we sit on the fence all day. let's lynch the useless "insane doc" who can't be investigated.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Iecerint »

Looker, I asked about Tenchi because you included Phily, but not Tenchi. Neither player is here, so it doesn't make sense to me that you'd include one but not the other. I think both Tenchi and Phily are worthy of consideration based on their play yesterday, though it's hard to keep them in the picture after all the shenanigans today. Also, you still haven't said where the Iec-Mastin link comes from.

I was about to switch to voting DJ on the basis of his "plan," but it looks like he misremembered Greg's role or something, so maybe I should disregard it. Do other people think he's telling the truth about misremembering? I'm not crazy about him picking up Batt's rhetoric just a few posts after thinking Batt's scum.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:42 am

Post by don_johnson »

Battousai wrote:You want him to kill a townie tonight? And you called me worthless... So, let's see. DJ has wanted to test out two hypothesis, which would result in two townies' death and at least one would be a powerrole if he is wrong. Ya, somehow I don't see this as a good idea.
this rhetoric? i completely think this statement is crap. who said anything about we wanting "kill townies". i was thinking "insane doc". insane docs usually kill whoever they protect, therefore he could use his ability as a vig effect. i never suggested he kill a townie. his choice would obviously be someone we all thought to be possible scum.

ice: i am glad to lynch either batt or greg today. please don't misrepresent me here. i know i screwed up with my idea, but what batt is suggesting isn't even close to what i said.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

Nah, I'm referring to the places where Batt's been emphasizing that the Mod wouldn't inform Greg about his sanity. He's continuously mentioned as much, and no one else's really taken to that particular point IIRC, so you must have picked it up from him. This is strange because you want to lynch Batt for his last couple of positions, but now you're advocating one of his positions.

An alternative explanation is that you're not reading all of Batt's posts and happened to independently come to the same conclusion as him, which is similarly suspect.

Please let me know if there is an third explanation I have missed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”