Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #2 of Day 2

Scien (2) <-~ Zorblag, Papa Zito
Nikanor (1) <-~ Sajin

Not voting (4) <-~ hohum, MiteyMouse, Nikanor, Scien

With 7 living, 4 will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Scien »

I have general questions to the town while I am rereading.

Sajin made a mistake in early game as well. It was tossed around what the mistake meant towards his alignment.

Do you think that mistake and the possibly intentional scum mistake have any connection? Do you think that the earlier mistake was pulled in the same manner as this one? Do you think that somehow the earlier mistake connects Sajin in on the more recent scum ploy?

I'm not suggesting I think one way or the other. Just want to hear other people's thoughts, and today has been quiet so far.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Ok...well I have read the Zorblag/Scien exchange and have a few thoughts.

Scien...lurking is more beneficial to the Scum than the Town. Lurking serves no purpose except to provide nothing in the way of a read on a player. This is good for Scum but, not at all for Town. Cojin being Scum was a bonus but, an inactive Town player is useless to us as a team. I don't always agree with lynching lurkers but, in a game like this with such tight deadlines and nothing more substancial to go on, it was a good choice. Do you think that Cojin's "mistake" was enough to lynch him over?

Also Scien...one of your lines really jumped out at me and I'd love if you could explain it for me...please.
Scien wrote: 4) I am Town... you don't know that and I look horrible apparently. Either I save myself, or you lynch me and find out I actually am on your side.
2 things here.
1) How do you know that Zorblag would not know this?
2)How do you know that you and he are on "the same side"?

I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday. My body was trying to pass a kindey stone and I was in quite a bit of pain...and my brain wasn't working properly because of it.

Can we get a prod on Hohum please Incognito?
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Sajin »

I have a meta for voting people for fence sitting posts and that is a fence sitting post if I ever saw one. If your going to ask peoples opinions about something have one of your own. To not be doing so is keeping your options open and keeping your options open is scummy.

But about the post-I was trying to break the game in the towns favor. So if you truly believe I made the mistake then I should be considered town.

If I was lying about the mistake, fine. But since I was called out on the mistake why would I tell my supposed scum partner to do the same thing to get put under scrutiny? What advantage did I seek to gain when I made the mistake intentionally?

So which one are you saying I did?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Incognito »

hohum has been prodded.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Scien »

MiteyMouse wrote:1) How do you know that Zorblag would not know this?
2)How do you know that you and he are on "the same side"?
1) I don't.
2) I don't.
As I tried to explain a bit in a previous post, I do buy the idea that the Cojin mistake was concocted. If we assume it was for the moment, the first person that made mention of the idea that it was probably a scum trick was Zorblag.

Let's take the game state at the time and run it through a bit of sanity checking. End of day 1, very close to deadline. Cojin and Mitey are under a fair bit of pressure. Scum come up with the idea to have Cojin make a mistake that would appear to be a pro-town mistake. Why would a Zorblag partner immediately point out the mistake for a trap, then finish off the day by removing the partner? To make himself look more townie? Possibly, but I find it unlikely.

It would have been a stronger play I believe to capitalize on the mistake to push the lynch your way. Now I can be wrong here, maybe Zorblag did contrive it all to make himself look pro-town. However I think that that was unnecessary, and a bit unlikely unlikely.

So that means that right now I am kinda holding him to be town, which means that he is on my side, and he doesn't know it.
Sajin wrote:1)I have a meta for voting people for fence sitting posts and that is a fence sitting post if I ever saw one. If your going to ask peoples opinions about something have one of your own. To not be doing so is keeping your options open and keeping your options open is scummy.

2) But about the post-I was trying to break the game in the towns favor. So if you truly believe I made the mistake then I should be considered town.

If I was lying about the mistake, fine. But since I was called out on the mistake why would I tell my supposed scum partner to do the same thing to get put under scrutiny? What advantage did I seek to gain when I made the mistake intentionally?

So which one are you saying I did?
1) Heh, ok. I never suggested that I didn't have an opinion. I said that my asking was not pointing to me thinking one way or the other. I was withholding it to see what other people said without me influencing them. But whatever, me playing mind games never works out well, so I might as well share it with you since you are all defensive.
Scien wrote:[1] Do you think that mistake and the possibly intentional scum mistake have any connection? [2] Do you think that the earlier mistake was pulled in the same manner as this one? [3] Do you think that somehow the earlier mistake connects Sajin in on the more recent scum ploy?
1) I think the mistake pulled at end of day could very well be related to the mistake you made at start of day. However that connection doesn't necessarily mean that you personally are involved. What I mean by this is that is that the mistake had the same kind of implications there as the end of day Cojin mistake. The mistake eventually could have been seen in a pro-town light. Does that mean the scum saw this and tried to mimic? Does it mean that you are scum, and mimicked it at end of day? Does it mean that the initial mistake was also planned? I don't know the answers to any of them. If you want my opinion there as well, I doubt your mistake was planned. But that doesn't answer if you are scum or not.

2) That kind of depends on some factors. But I already said that I thought it was kind of unlikely that you made the mistake intentionally. BTW, if the chosen did know that they were chosen, would you have broken the game? What would have played out if that was the case?

3) I doubt you were lying about your mistake. However in the process of getting called out, a good majority of the town looked at your perceived motives and concluded that they were most likely townish. That's not a bad outcome for a mistake. Looking at Cojin's mistake, a similar thing was planned to happen. The town was supposed to look at it and say, 'Hmm a scum could not make that mistake, so this dude must not be scum'. Even if your mistake was a true mistake, witnessing the towns reaction to it might have prompted the idea for the second, either from yours or others.

I still would like to hear other people's take my questions.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Zorblag »

Scien wrote:2) That kind of depends on some factors. But I already said that I thought it was kind of unlikely that you made the mistake intentionally. BTW, if the chosen did know that they were chosen, would you have broken the game? What would have played out if that was the case?
Remind Troll to answer this after Sajin does.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Sajin »

1- Can you point out what 2nd mistake your refering to?

2- Yes I would of broken the game. Did you read my first post with my original assumptions? (which its odd to say you have not as I remember you implying you thought the same) If the chosen knew who they were and claimed, scum could not both claim chosen or neither claim chosen as either of those options was auto town win. And then since scum must exist in either group (claimed chosen and not claimed chosen) it would of created clears as soon as one scum went down. Odds would of been strongly favoring town (as in 1/3 chance for auto win and a ~60 percent chance to win overall not even factoring in reads)

3- How would this make me scum then? Both town and scum would have motivation to mimic this way if it thought it would show them town and in no way would that be indicative of my own alignment. So I am puzzled why you would bring this point up except to mudsling.

/remind troll
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Zorblag »

Sajin no seemed to fully realize it at the time (or apparently now) but his plan of having the chosen claim would have been an automatic win for the town if it was followed. If we have a group of at most four people we that know includes both the chosen then we simply lynch anyone outside that group at all every day and eventually win. With only two scum them can never have enough others in the chosen pool to stop the town from being able to lynch a non-chosen and that be all that the town needs to do to win.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Sajin »

I suppose thats true. Heh, it would be auto victory. No matter if scum claimed 1 chosen and 1 not.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Scien »

Sajin wrote:1- Can you point out what 2nd mistake your refering to?

2- Yes I would of broken the game. Did you read my first post with my original assumptions? (which its odd to say you have not as I remember you implying you thought the same) If the chosen knew who they were and claimed, scum could not both claim chosen or neither claim chosen as either of those options was auto town win. And then since scum must exist in either group (claimed chosen and not claimed chosen) it would of created clears as soon as one scum went down. Odds would of been strongly favoring town (as in 1/3 chance for auto win and a ~60 percent chance to win overall not even factoring in reads)

3- How would this make me scum then? Both town and scum would have motivation to mimic this way if it thought it would show them town and in no way would that be indicative of my own alignment. So I am puzzled why you would bring this point up except to mudsling.
1) I am being general in game sense... I say first mistake, your asking for a claim. I say second mistake, Cojin 'not knowing'. I am not trying to imply you made both mistakes.
2) My question was trying to ask if it was automatic game win or the odds that you brought up above. Hence Troll's observation. You talked odds at game begin as well, I was just wondering if you were holding back the total win condition for some reason.
3) Hence why I said "you or others" could capitalize on it. Check the quote. I never said you were the necessarily the scum in this situation. I brought up the point because you faulted me for not answering my own questions immediately, and said that my waiting for others was your definition of fence sitting. 3 is an answer to my 3rd question. I never said that my opinion was a sure fire on either side, I said I wanted to hear what others thought.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Sajin »

@troll- I was eyeballing the odds from a lynch out of the chosen or scum side first. I did not consider the whole picture. Sorry.

@Scien- And my point still stands. You do not like me being considered town by some others. Therefore your trying to mudsling. Say it straight if your going to say it.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Scien...he could have been bussing. That is a possibility. I really don't like what could have been PIS in the statement that I quoted from you. You may think that you are on the same team but, you don't know that and you sounded very sure.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Scien wrote:I have general questions to the town while I am rereading.

Sajin made a mistake in early game as well. It was tossed around what the mistake meant towards his alignment.

Do you think that mistake and the possibly intentional scum mistake have any connection? Do you think that the earlier mistake was pulled in the same manner as this one? Do you think that somehow the earlier mistake connects Sajin in on the more recent scum ploy?
I am not really sure Scien. It could have been a Scum ploy to make Cojin look better in the eyes of Town but, it would have been terribly risky and I guess, I have a hard time thinking that the Scum would take such a risk that close to deadline. It would have taken a really ballsy Scum to do that. I'm not saying that it is not possible but, most of the players that I have experience with here would have really had to stretch to pull it off.

I'm not sure that if Sajin was the other Scum here, he would really want his partner to do the same thing as him earlier in the game. It would make them look too aligned.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Scien »

Sajin wrote:@Scien- And my point still stands. You do not like me being considered town by some others. Therefore your trying to mudsling. Say it straight if your going to say it.
I'm confused. I was asking for opinions. Where am I mudslinging again?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Scien »

MiteyMouse wrote:[1] It could have been a Scum ploy to make Cojin look better in the eyes of Town but, it would have been terribly risky and I guess, I have a hard time thinking that the Scum would take such a risk that close to deadline. It would have taken a really ballsy Scum to do that. I'm not saying that it is not possible but, most of the players that I have experience with here would have really had to stretch to pull it off.

2) I'm not sure that if Sajin was the other Scum here, he would really want his partner to do the same thing as him earlier in the game. It would make them look too aligned.
1) So what do you think about the action of someone suggesting it was part of some plan, then ending up hitting scum using that as strong supporting evidence. Do you think the person saying it was a plan is suspicious?

2) Eh, maybe. However if we didn't lynch Cojin, we would not have known that he was scum. The plan was made before the lynch. Does that change your answer? Or do you believe that the risk would have been too much for any scum to take?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Scien wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:[1] It could have been a Scum ploy to make Cojin look better in the eyes of Town but, it would have been terribly risky and I guess, I have a hard time thinking that the Scum would take such a risk that close to deadline. It would have taken a really ballsy Scum to do that. I'm not saying that it is not possible but, most of the players that I have experience with here would have really had to stretch to pull it off.

2) I'm not sure that if Sajin was the other Scum here, he would really want his partner to do the same thing as him earlier in the game. It would make them look too aligned.
1) So what do you think about the action of someone suggesting it was part of some plan, then ending up hitting scum using that as strong supporting evidence. Do you think the person saying it was a plan is suspicious?

2) Eh, maybe. However if we didn't lynch Cojin, we would not have known that he was scum. The plan was made before the lynch. Does that change your answer? Or do you believe that the risk would have been too much for any scum to take?
Scien...short answer, I don't know. It's something that I'll really have to think about.

Again though, how do you know that the plan was made before the lynch or that there was a plan at all?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Scien »

MiteyMouse wrote:Again though, how do you know that the plan was made before the lynch or that there was a plan at all?
If there was a plan it was necessarily made before the lynch. Because the plan would have included the mistake. And the mistake happened before the lynch.

I'm not 100% positive there was a plan, but I do think that it is fairly likely. Mainly because of a few facts. Cojin's percentages changed at endgame, and he was taking the time to figure vetoes into those percentages. Cojin was scum, and should have had intimate knowledge of scum pre-game actions. That mistake could have easily been read as a pro-town mistake to make.

Basically breaking it down, he should have known easily how many vetoes he had used, and even if it was out of his hands, he was taking the time to formulate a defensive post with math, and it should have jogged his memory. He most likely knew, and just said the wrong thing. Meaning he did it on purpose, meaning there was a plan.

Now it could have just been Cojin not being careful, and making an unintentional mistake true. However the fact that the mistake could have been so easily read as town makes me suspicious, especially with what we know now.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Zorblag »

You know, Troll be fairly put off by the fact that two of Troll's top three suspects be the ones who be doing the least in this thread at this time.

Nikanor, you no need to completely absorb the exchange that Scien and Troll had to have opinions to share. hohum Troll knows you have been about as you have been posting in other threads. Troll finds this lack of participation on both of your parts while Scien be under the microscope to be most unhelpful.

Unvote

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Ok Scien...fair enough. My concern is that it seemed that you knew that there was a plan.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Hohum...please come back. I'll give hugs to you if you return!
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Scien »

Heh. Quiet game is quiet. Did I do that?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Papa Zito »

You and Troll.

Actually, I'm waiting for hohum to show up and Nikanor to do something.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Incognito »

hohum has not responded to his prod in-thread within the allotted time period listed in my game rules thus I will be replacing him. If he responds before I find a replacement, he may remain in the game.

Also, Nikanor has been prodded.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Incognito »

dramonic replaces hohum effective immediately. Thanks, dramonic!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”