MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Hello everyone, checking in.

I've quickly skimmed the thread thus far, but haven't read it thoroughly. I'm hoping to give some more solid contributions once I've spent more time studying the game.

I'm going to
unvote
, because I'm not comfortable with having someone on L-3 when I haven't studied the case against him.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Devestation wrote: @Far_Cry
Please point us at some of these "Stupid Posts" of Saberwolf's. I want some actual post numbers, not "Uhhh that stupid post on paage six".
(Everything before this was about absolutely nothing)
saberwolf wrote:fair enough i suppose. I'm lousy at ice-breakers too -_-
saberwolf wrote:enough of this...

FAR CRY! I ACCUSE YOU OF BEING SCUM, BUT I DON'T HAVE A GOOD REASON, OTHER THAN I LIKE TO SEE YOU SQUIRM :P

Discuss

At this point I'm not too worried about the FC BW...it isn't even at L-3 yet...he's still fine, and it means nothing so far.

FC, help me catch scum, and I will gladly switch my vote :D
saberwolf wrote:FC and I have had some small scuffles in the past...I'm simply trying to keep that little moment of ours alive lol

There's no way he'd make a mistake this early in the game, but I figured I'd might as well start a BW on
someone
, and it's already got one other person on board thus far...
Nothing above.
saberwolf wrote:well the problem is this game is moving at a very slow pace. I had hoped by creating a BW we would get somewhere, but that seemed to fail.

I'll try a new approach:

toast, why are you so confident about FC being scum? I have 0.1% certainty he is scum..my vote was to create discussion, but I'm not sure what yours was about...
please discuss your reasonings.

unvote; vote: toast
saberwolf wrote:EBWOP: sorry, I actually meant PimJ, not toast. got the two mixed up :/

unvote; vote: Pimj
0.1% O.o. And I'm not rly sure if you made a mistake.
saberwolf wrote:[mainly want to know why he put down a vote with almost no explanation]
Don't like this. Utility votes are not needed.
saberwolf wrote:damn it. the scum aren't targeting us..they're targeting the game! the game is dead, thanks to scum! *realization sets in* :P

ok, so new rule...all scummy players start acting scummy, and all other players start acting pro-town...starting......hold on...wait for it....NOW. :P

FoS on all people not contributing to the game thus far
We don't need FoS's like this.

saberwolf wrote:I'm just gonna dismiss sudai's FoS. I know I haven't done anything scummy. I've had an honest RVS, explained my BW attempt on FC, and attempted to get this game going. It could of been a conversation prompter, but it isn't going to do much in my opinion...five posts later maybe and we'll be back where we started. Later on in the game if FC doesnt force it out of him earlier, I'll have him explain his actions.
I disagree with everything hav said. You did NOT have and "honest RVS," and I'm not so certain that you are not scum.

I can go on and I might, but this is enough to see that saber has talked a lot of crap.
Far_Cry wrote: The only reason I'm not voting for u is because I dont completly believe that you are scum.
Why?
I've had some games with saber. I know his playing style. He would be a little more defensive probably if he was scum. However, I'm not ruling him out as scum.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Chaco »

Alright, so. Sorry for not being able to get my thoughts done yet. I just had to change a tire on my boat trailer, and I've got lots of homework to do. So, I'll try my hardest to get em up by tomorrow afternoon. I'm terribly sorry about this.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by saberwolf »

haha...FC, you THINK you know my playing style, but if you knew anything about me, it's that I'm a meta evader. So think twice about your assumptions. However you'd be correct in assuming that I am most likely not scum, so congrats there. Unfortunately, you cannot celebrate that yet until my death or the game being over confirms it. Anyways, as you brought up in your quote wall of me, I said that if you scumhunt well enough, I'd take my vote off you and focus on someone else...so far you seem to be not scumhunting. To show you how bad it is, you aren't even scumhunting by trying to show that I'm scum. You've been trying to show everyone that I'm a moron by showing them how much of an imbecile I am through the contents of my posts. When you get back on the right track, let me know.

and welcome to the game MSH :D
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Welcome to all the replacements!

Devestation

*It is from my perspective that I don't think anyone stands out. Far Cry is the most apparent because I can't really understand the case on him. It's just been saberwolf and FC attacking each other but there hasn't really been evidence yet for me.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Devestation »

You haven't gathered any scumtells from Far Cry or saberwolfs arguing? In that case, what scumtells that everyone else have picked up are the ones that stick out for you? Are there any scumtells that people have picked up that arent really tells?

Far_Cry, don't bother with metagaming. Saber, please refrain from blocking the metagaming by claiming you are a living WIFOM.
manho wrote:i'm not saying that is a scumtell, but just trying to look pro-town. both scum and town will try to look pro-town.
Then how is that a tell... for anything... there is nothing less anti-town than the truth...
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:33 am

Post by Empking »

1. Jackinthebox777 (0) - realityfan
2. Santos (0)
3. Devestation (0)
4. Far_Cry (3) - Toast , Boxman, Saberwolf
5. RealityFan (0)
6. Toast (1) - Far_Cry
7. Boxman (1) - Jackinthebox777
8. Michelsabreheart (1) - Sudai
9. Saberwolf (0) -
10. manho (1) - Pimj,
11. Donkeyz (0) -
12. Sudai (0)
13. Chaco (0) -
Not voting (4) - , Chaco , Santos, Donkeyz, Michelsabreheart
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Chaco »

Alright, well, this D1 is really weird. Like as I'm reading through it, I'm seriously wondering WTF is going on. First off, Saber. You've tossed so many AtoE's. Like in comparison to everyone else, you scream red flag to me. I don't see how Manho thinks you're leading the town either. Really, I'm going to go back and read more. Cause I'm missing a lot that's going on here.

@Dev: Why did you call Sudai a hypocrite?
@Far Cry: I don't see why you continue the "fight" with Saber. Just drop it. It's not even really accusations as much as it is idiocy. No offense.

And for right now,
Vote: Saber
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:51 am

Read the first 7 pages, but am now too tired to go on. Some remarks.

Mod:
According to the rules, days last three weeks max. Does this mean we have a deadline? And if so, when does that deadline hit?

@Sudai. Suppose two players make their first vote of the game. One player gives as his reason for voting "because your name is first alphabetically". The other player gives as his reason "you were the last to confirm. I think it is possible that you wanted to prolong Night 0 in order to gain more nighttalk with your buddies". Which player would you find more suspicious, and why?

@Saberwolf and Far_Cry. I would like to hear your opinions on the Random Voting Stage. What is it? Why does it exist? How should people behave during the RVS? When does it end?

@Saberwolf. Please give me your definition of lurking. Do you believe lurking is scummy? Why (not)?

@Saberwolf, responding to #148. You are aware this is a normal game? Thatwould mean no abnormal rules/roles, and therefore no postrestrictions.

Opinions follow when I've read the entire thread.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

MichelSableheart wrote:

@Saberwolf and Far_Cry. I would like to hear your opinions on the Random Voting Stage. What is it? Why does it exist? How should people behave during the RVS? When does it end?
RVS is a stage (most often at the beginning of the game) where people make random votes, that have no clear purpose other than to get the game going.

IMO, people should be very attentive during the RVS. Many people are careless during this stage; however, as town, you must look for people who can leak scum tells. As mafia, you must do your best not to give away easy tells.

I believe the RVS ends when someone does something suspicious (even slightly suspicious), and than everyone will start attacking everyone else. At this point, votes usually are serious and have reason.

Q to Michel: Why did you ask this?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by saberwolf »

MichelSableheart wrote:

@Saberwolf. Please give me your definition of lurking. Do you believe lurking is scummy? Why (not)?

@Saberwolf, responding to #148. You are aware this is a normal game? Thatwould mean no abnormal rules/roles, and therefore no postrestrictions.
Really? Ok then, thanks for the clear up there.

Opinions follow when I've read the entire thread.
This is not helping town in any way MSH, but just to humour you:

RVS is a random voting stage, where players choose a person to vote for as possible scum. The votes usually fall under random, policy, or a mixture of both. It exists because none of the town know 100% for sure who scum truly is, therefore they need to take a stab in the dark so to speak to get reactions to their votes and get the game started off. If it didn't exist, there'd be no game.

Lurking to me is defined as:

1. People notice that you are posting in other games, but leaving their specific game uncommented on.

2. anything more than 36-48 hours of inactivity

3. There is also active lurking, where a person posts non-game or minimal-game content [also known as fluff] to avoid playing the game.

lurking can be and not be scummy. There is no one size fits all rule. It depends on the player
and the circumstances.

now, MSH: how did these questions/answers help your scumhunting?

Although I do think a good point was raised. There is a lot of tension between F_C and myself, and not much elsewhere. The banter between me and F_C is distracting me and possibly others from focusing on others. As an act of faith towards F_C, so that I can chase other people for a while:

unvote

Now time to see what comes around the corner for us next.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by saberwolf »

EBWOP: also, RVS is important because you can sense sometimes the genuine from the BS explanations for each vote. Looking for RVS patterns can be useful sometimes too. For the most part however, I don't think too much can be read from RVS alone though. RVS + other stuff yes.
Show

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Post by Empking »

Michel; As this game day has beenm fraught with absenses I'm only going to put on a deadline when discussion is at an unacceptable level.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:55 am

Post by manho »

really don't know what to add in. i still don't know the case on FC. and i haven't heard comments from our new replacements (Welcome!!).
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Chaco »

I specifically pointed something out about you in my post. Either you're just not reading, or I dunno what. Also, I commented on it to. The case on Far Cry is dumb at best. Saber is so wishy washy that it's hysterical, so I don't see why you are basing him as leader of the town. His posts are lackluster at best, and FC has contributed so much more than him.

That's mainly the reason my vote is on Saber.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Chaco wrote:I specifically pointed something out about you in my post. Either you're just not reading, or I dunno what. Also, I commented on it to. The case on Far Cry is dumb at best. Saber is so wishy washy that it's hysterical, so I don't see why you are basing him as leader of the town. His posts are lackluster at best, and FC has contributed so much more than him.

I'd agree with what you have said; however, it looks to me like you may be trying to choose sides here. I'm not saying that necessarily scummy right now, but considering that you are inexperienced, it maybe just a noob thing. However, I'm still noting it down.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Chaco »

I'm not taking your side on this. Don't get that idea. I'll have a post on you soon.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Chaco wrote:I'm not taking your side on this. Don't get that idea. I'll have a post on you soon.
I never said you were specifically taking my side.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Chaco wrote:I specifically pointed something out about you in my post. Either you're just not reading, or I dunno what. Also, I commented on it to. The case on Far Cry is dumb at best. Saber is so wishy washy that it's hysterical, so I don't see why you are basing him as leader of the town. His posts are lackluster at best, and FC has contributed so much more than him.

the funny part is, I'm going to QFT this :P

All the more reason why I ask myself why I got labeled as pro-town. I didn't even label myself that. I think the F_C case sucks too, but there was not much else to go on at that point, that and the fact that we entered a little spat.

I'm having troubles getting internet time, so I will do my best to respond with stuff soon. Announcing a possible V/LA till monday.
Show

donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Yes, the fighting between saberwolf and Farcry is practically useless. It's all jumbled up and I'm not even completely sure what their exact fighting is all about.

As for me, I do like Michael's way of questioning about things unassociated within the specific game itself like questions about "lurking."

I feel anyone can give an opinion on that but the biggest draw comes from whether a person who feels one way initially, changes down the road in the long haul.

Like for example if I say "I hate lurkers but don't think they should be exiled because scum can't possibly lurk in a game where they have an important position" then later on in the game I see a lurker and my position changes initially to "I think this person should be exiled because he/she is a lurker" then it's an obvious scumtell.

So saberwolf, although u think Michael's questioning is a bit irrelevant, it does serve a purpose.

Devestation - Well the on-going fighting between Saberwolf and Farcry really just represent innocent town tells fighting against one another. One person is accused and then a whole bunch of OMGUS fighting I feel.

The game has been jumbled up and mixed with new players coming in and out taht its hard to find scum tells.

---

I would actually like to see this actually. Without actually voting, I want everyone to indicate who they would lynch AT THE MOMENT THEY SEE THIS.

WHO DO YOU LYNCH, NOW. REASON and WHY. Do not actually vote. (just state who you would vote at this very moment. I don't want people to bold their vote or actually vote because I want people to express freely without worry they will accidentally hammer or something)

My vote would go to saberwolf. His fighting with Far Cry could possibly be scum vs town but its unlikely. I think if saberwolf turns up town, then Far Cry could very possibly be scum. however if saberwolf turns up scum, then far cry is less likely to be scum. I just don't think scums would draw attention to each other so quickly, especially in first round. Then again its really WIFOM what scum would or would not do.

So state freely who you guys would vote at this very INSTANT.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by Boxman »

Far_Cry. The whole promoting the "supertown" thing, along with other reasons.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:33 am

The reasons I asked these questions is that I noticed anti-town behaviour in both your play, which could be explained by the way you two answered those questions. However, if your answers differed from how you acted, those actions would have been a major scumtell.

To show more clearly what I mean, I'll start by answering the questions I posed to Saberwolf and Far_Cry.
MichelSableheart wrote:I would like to hear your opinions on the Random Voting Stage. What is it? Why does it exist? How should people behave during the RVS? When does it end?
Personally, I would define the RVS as the part in the beginning of the game where it is accepted that players joke around a bit without being very serious. In my opinion, there should be no such thing as a RVS. Discussion should be started, and voting arbitrarely is a way to start discussion, but it is not THE way to start a game. In fact, I find it a very suboptimal way to start the game, especially because people know random votes are generally accepted and are therefore not very likely to respond to them. If there is such a thing as a RVS, it should end as soon as possible, to be replaced by discussion that is more likely to be productive.

Considering this, post #51 by Far_Cry struck me as anti-town. Toast was the first player who actually posted something that had a chance of getting conversation going other then probably unproductive random votes. I may be misunderstanding what Far_Cry was trying to say, but it seems to me he was attacking Toast at least partially because Toast basically said "let's talk some", in other words because Toast was trying to get actual useful conversation going, or even harsher formulated: for doing exactly what should be done by town during the RVS. The facts that FC believes useful information can be drawn out of the random voting stage, and that he believes conversation does not automatically end the RVS, make his move there less suspicious.

What I most wanted to hear from Saberwolf was how he believes the RVS ends. The reason for this is his vote in post #57, and his later comments on it. At that point in time, there were some serious things that could be discussed. In particular, Toasts questions could be answered, or he could have elaborated on Far_Cry's response that Toast's post was scummy. But instead, he voted one of the players involved in the starting discussion, Far_Cry, for reasons that were not game related, while commenting he wanted to get back to the RVS. He basically continued the RVS when I believe he should have tried to end it. The fact that he feels that not much can be read from the RVS alone makes this behaviour more suspicious.
MichelSableheart wrote:Please give me your definition of lurking. Do you believe lurking is scummy? Why (not)?
Personally, I make a difference between lurking and being inactive. Someone lurks if he keeps up with the game, posting often enough not to be replaced, but intentionally doesn't contribute much, in order to stay under people's scumdars. I consider this scummy behaviour, as there is a definite advantage for scum to stay out of other people's sights, whereas town generally need to be more proactive to find the scum. On the other hand, someone is inactive when he simply doesn't post enough to be considered playing the game. Such a player should end up being replaced. I don't consider being inactive on purpose an acceptable game strategy: if you signed up for a game, you should play it, and if you're replaced, you aren't playing the game anymore, and therefore can't win. Because of this, I don't consider inactivity to be scummy behaviour.

In post #144, saberwolf made a list of all players in the game, along with the number of posts they made. He called those that made the least posts lurkers, and placed a vote on one of them. He failed to show why the person he was voting for was more likely scum, and he failed to show why it was unlikely the person he voted for would be replaced. I consider this to be antitown, because you are far more likely to hit inactives rather then lurkers this way. His answer to my question did not alleviate my suspicion. If lurking is only scummy depending on the circumstances, he should IMO have provided the reasons why lurking was suspicious in the case of jackinthebox in post #144.

I find it very interesting that saberwolf dismisses my questions as unhelpful to town first, and only asks why I asked them after that.

I very strongly dislike how donkeyz fills in my reasons for asking those questions without waiting for an explanation from me. In particular, I did not consider my questions to be unassociated with this particular game.

For reasons similar to Far_Cry and Saberwolf, I would like to see Sudai answer his question too. Unfortunately, the value of his reply has diminished now that he is aware of my reasons for asking these questions.

---
Donkeyz, I will state exactly who I want to see lynched, why I want to see them lynched and vote for them to get them lynched, but only after I've read the entire thread thoroughly.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 am

Post by manho »

Pimj, which is replaced by MSH now. as he was too defensive on the accusation by FC on toast. toast will be next if Pimj turns scum.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Chaco »

Saber, for reasons already stated.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:47 am

Post by ZazieR »

Flava Flave has PM'ed me (And hopefully Empking as well), that he's willing to replace. So when Empking has sent him his role PM, we'll have a full cast again ^.^
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”