Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by charter »

Vote Count

Gorrad - 2 (WeyounsLastClone, Sajin)
dramonic - 3 (Vaya, Hoopla, Synx)

AlmasterGM - 1 (Kast)
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 1 (AlmasterGM)
ortolan - 1 (dramonic)
Hoopla - 1 (ortolan)

Not Voting

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Gorrad
ElectricBadger

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is September 12, midnight.
Last edited by charter on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Anyways, I went back through the earlier posts looking for habits I've come to associate with the person having a higher probability of being scum and found five people who I think are a cut above... Synx, Vaya, EB, Gorrad, and Hoopla.

For now I believe Gorrad's early behavior with the breadcrumbing (and what's the point of breadcrumbing if no one is likely to decipher the meaning of your crumb or that it's so broad that it could be multiple things) to be unlikely to be more likely to be town than scum. Hoopla's post read very neutral right now to me so for now she rest towards the bottom of this list. I don't like EB's quick self meta defense, but I don't have much room to talk as I've done the same thing as town. Which leaves Synx and Vaya as the two people I believe most likely to be scum. Of the two I think Synx is currently the better choice...

Vote: Synx
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Gorrad »

DDD, the crumb is meant to back up a possible future claim, not be there after death, so it shouldn't be deciphered.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by charter »

Prodding Synx.

Kast, AlamasterGM, and Vaya are almost due for prods...
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Vaya »

Unvote

@DDD
Why do you think I'm scummy?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:24 am

Gorrad wrote:DDD, the crumb is meant to back up a possible future claim, not be there after death, so it shouldn't be deciphered.
I can come up with at least three seperate claims based off that date which restricts you a little bit, but it'll hardly authenticate any claim you might happen to make later.
@DDD
Why do you think I'm scummy?
Besides fitting one of the general archetypes I look for you've almost completely iso'ed so far on poor bumbling dramonic. I'm inherently suspicious of people on wagons I don't like.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:32 am

Post by ortolan »

DDD = town
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

ortolan wrote:DDD = town
Um, why?

P.S. - No need for a prod, I'm present and accounted for.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vote AlmasterGM

AlmasterGM wrote:
Um, why?
Valid question, though.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Kast »

dramonic wrote:if the numbers did play a role I doubt I'd be vanilla at 8 <<
WLC's point was that if there is a player with number 8 Colonel who is not you, then the player might choose to not counter-claim you.

-There are 12 unique pieces, however, the board game has different numbers of each piece. We could each have a unique role, we could have duplicate roles. Mafia (and masons) are in a better position to gauge that than regular townies.
EB wrote:assuming all ranks are represented, a mass claim WILL net 1 mafia: the engineer and bomb can't be on the same side.
This is not necessarily true. Unless you are admitting knowledge of either a bomb's or a miner's actual role, then this is just speculation on a possible role interaction. Possibly fishing. Possibly setting up a false dilemma if we do a mass claim.

-It doesn't look like we're anywhere near agreeing on a lynch candidate. I'd like to see more votes on AlmasterGM (EB, why did you vote AlmasterGM?).
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Vaya »

Agreed.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Besides fitting one of the general archetypes I look for you've almost completely iso'ed so far on poor bumbling dramonic. I'm inherently suspicious of people on wagons I don't like.
Fair enough, I was tunneling dramonic. Up until he claimed, I wasn't sure if he was incompetent town or scum. No one else really jumped out at me as suspicious, so I focused on him.

I should go read through this thread a little more closely. I believe dramonic is town now, and I'm not sure who else I should vote for, maybe Hoopla.

@Hoopla
Earlier on in the game, you were agreeing with ortolan about dramonic, but why did you wait until after my vote to place your vote on him? Were you waiting to see if your vote would have any support and if a wagon would form?

As I believe Kast pointed out earlier, I don't like how you seemed to be misinterpreting some things that dramonic was saying.

You've pretty much been tunneling dramonic this whole game. I can't incriminate you too much for this as I've been doing the same, but could you share you're thoughts on other players, particularly who you think may be scum?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Almaster's a solid lynch. I still don't like Dramonic though. Or EB, for that matter.

Actually, come to think of it,
Vote: Dramonic
. I did NOT like that rolefishing earlier.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Sajin »

Neither did I Gorrad. But dramonic is likely town. You are not. You ignored my last question and continue to state things in order to get town to give up info.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by dramonic »

I still maintain the intended purpose wasn't rolefishing
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by ortolan »

I would rather not say why I found DDD town at present.

I think a Synx wagon is in order

Unvote
Vote: Synx
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Gorrad »

What question, Sajin?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Vaya wrote: You've pretty much been tunneling dramonic this whole game. I can't incriminate you too much for this as I've been doing the same, but could you share you're thoughts on other players, particularly who you think may be scum?
Sure, the latter half of the dramonic wagon is scummy as hell. How can you put someone to L-1, get them to claim vanilla, then jump off the bandwagon? That is about as blatant as rolefishing could possibly be, and is bad news for the town as it narrows the powerrole pool.

Ortolan, EB and Sajin look the most opportunistic, in this sense. Ortolan because of how easily he convinced himself that dramonic was town after he had claimed. He had a convenient placeholder of suspicion early which helped his cause, so I'm more focussed on the other two.

Sajin is the worst in this respect. He's 4th on the wagon and then look at his next two posts after dramonic claims;
Sajin wrote:
Unvote
while I ponder more.
Sajin wrote:I still like my gorrad vote.
Vote: Gorrad
The fact that Sajin had another preferrable lynch choice in Gorrad suggests he was pushing the wagon for the sake of pushing. I can't believe he hasn't warranted any attention from this.

Electricbadger's (197) sucks. The way he gets his vote off dramonic is well scummy. You don't think 8 is going to be mafia? You shouldn't have put him at L-1 and fished for a claim if you were going to jump off that easily.

Unvote, vote: Sajin

Seriously, this guy needs more attention.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Hoopla wrote:Electricbadger's (197) sucks. The way he gets his vote off dramonic is well scummy. You don't think 8 is going to be mafia? You shouldn't have put him at L-1 and fished for a claim if you were going to jump off that easily.
That easily? My vote certainly didn't stop a hammer. I waited two days to withdraw it, at which point the wagon was L-3 with no indication at all of any motion forward. Helping to break the stasis to allow further investigation seemed logical.

Your tunneling on dramonic and continued bullying are suspect, however. You aren't making any further case against him or refuting any arguments as to his towniness - you're just outraged at being denied a lynch. Why so eager for his blood? Why no response to the content of the unvotes? If dramonic is town, you stand out as a circling shark.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by dramonic »

I don't want to be bled :(

rereading for case building.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:39 am

Post by Vaya »

@Hoopla
I could understand why a person might have thought dramonic was town after his claim. I agree with what EB just said. If you feel that he should have been lynched, I think that suggests that you feel he may be scum. But you don't seem too concerned about figuring out if he's scum or proving it, you just seem upset that he wasn't lynched.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Hoopla »

Vaya wrote:@Hoopla
I could understand why a person might have thought dramonic was town after his claim. I agree with what EB just said. If you feel that he should have been lynched, I think that suggests that you feel he may be scum. But you don't seem too concerned about figuring out if he's scum or proving it, you just seem upset that he wasn't lynched.
I'm upset with people pushing dramonic's lynch and being unprepared to lynch a vanilla. It indicates to me that it was scum-driven.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Hoopla, do you think dramonic is scum or townie?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Hoopla »

ElectricBadger wrote:Hoopla, do you think dramonic is scum or townie?
I thought he was scum up until he claimed, and even then I thought he was a decent chance (as decent as you can get on D1). The fact that so many people bailed from the wagon as soon as he claimed makes me think he's likelier to be a townie, and scum don't want to get caught with their name stuck on an innocent.

If dramonic is scum, we're all idiots for missing an opportunity. It was a very bizarre wagon that definitely has some scum involvement - although I think it's a lot more likely it was pushed by scum, than scum being pushed.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:45 am

V/LA (Camping) through late Sunday and possibly even Monday
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hoopla wrote:
Unvote, vote: Sajin

Seriously, this guy needs more attention.
This is a dangerous lynch. If Sajin has a very high number like he hinted at the beginning, we could be taking out an extremely powerful pro-town player. Remember, we still don't know how this number system works.

I'm upset with people pushing dramonic's lynch and being unprepared to lynch a vanilla. It indicates to me that it was scum-driven.

Agreed. Stratego is a game about getting and retaining information. The fact that we just gave away dramonic's number and got nothing in return is a really, really bad thing. Who was the send-to-last person to vote and the first person to unvote even though dramonic did NOTHING in-between his vote and unvote other than claim vanilla town?

Unvote. Vote: Sajin.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”