hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 am

Post by hohum »

cow's going for an easy lynch target. Scum love to hide behind lurker hunts.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:02 am

Post by peacesells »

hohum wrote:it's a little man waving his arms.

The lies being specifically that I'm posting in other games.
Well..maybe he should provide links or game names?
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Kill-kill »

Nikanor wrote: Why Toro in particular? Why not peacesells or Cow?
He has flipped from the peacesells bandwagon to the hohum wagon, the two competing wagons to saberwolf.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Nikanor wrote:
Cow wrote:he is flat-out active lurking. He posted a smiley for reasons either to avoid a forced replacement or avoid a prod. He has said nothing of value for over a week when he's had plenty of chances to and is posting in other games. This is straight-up scummy.
I didn't realise he was posting in other games. In another game I was in with him, he just got mislynched today for doing almost the same as he's done here. Can you provide game names (since our mod doesn't allow links, although honestly I don't see the problem when we're just using the links to cite easily verifiable fact)?
First off, talking about ongoing games is the same thing as giving links to them. You just don't discuss them. Ever. That's one of the main rules of this entire site.

Second, even if not for that, I couldn't as search is broken, but I have seen him posting elsewhere, and the fact that he came in and posted something that's actually nothing ticked me off so incredibly much that I found it to be the scummiest thing to this point in the game.

now that he's back and actually posting, however,
unvote

re: post 475, what horrible logic. Sometimes lurkers are scum, especially when they come in and post just to avoid a prod/replacement, because that shows they don't care about anything except not dying.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont. vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows. he's not a liberal. thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Hascow/Cow are acceptable shortened names, never "Has"
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:27 am

Post by hohum »

It isn't horrible logic at all. Others can wagon me for lynching. That's one thing. You took it one step further by inventing fathom posts that I am NOT making.

It's not good enough for yoy to call me on the shit I actually did. You need to manufacture evidence to support your case, because you've literally got nothing.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:27 am

Post by hohum »

EBWOP: others can wagon me for lurking if they want to.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:28 am

Post by hohum »

pardon of the crudity of my posts. I apparently fail at typing and using the preview button today.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 am

Post by hasdgfas »

hohum wrote:It isn't horrible logic at all. Others can wagon me for lynching. That's one thing. You took it one step further by inventing fathom posts that I am NOT making.

It's not good enough for yoy to call me on the shit I actually did. You need to manufacture evidence to support your case, because you've literally got nothing.
you're posting now, and I unvoted.
I can't find evidence on you posting elsewhere, but you said "I'm modding, that takes precedence" which is blatantly posting in other games. If you were going to have trouble being in games, replace out or let us know, don't just stop posting, because it looks bad, especially if you're modding a game, because that will lead to assumptions that you're posting in other games instead of here.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont. vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows. he's not a liberal. thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Nikanor »

Cow wrote:First off, talking about ongoing games is the same thing as giving links to them. You just don't discuss them. Ever. That's one of the main rules of this entire site.
I was providing only hard facts that could be discerned by reading the thread. Is that still not allowed? I mean, how else does one provide evidence for claims like, 'He has been posting elsewhere, therefore he's lurking.' I agree with not actually discussing ongoing games, but if the link is used only as a citation, it should be okay to use, in my opinion.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:36 am

Post by peacesells »

hasdgfas wrote:
First off, talking about ongoing games is the same thing as giving links to them. You just don't discuss them. Ever. That's one of the main rules of this entire site.

I had no clue this was a rule...the first game I was in had multiple link posts in it. Please point me to this rule.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:38 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Nikanor wrote:
Cow wrote:First off, talking about ongoing games is the same thing as giving links to them. You just don't discuss them. Ever. That's one of the main rules of this entire site.
I was providing only hard facts that could be discerned by reading the thread. Is that still not allowed? I mean, how else does one provide evidence for claims like, 'He has been posting elsewhere, therefore he's lurking.' I agree with not actually discussing ongoing games, but if the link is used only as a citation, it should be okay to use, in my opinion.
if search were working it would be easy, however it's disabled right now.

but one of the explicit site and mod rules is "don't link to/discuss ongoing games". You can say stuff like "posting elsewhere, therefore lurking" and tell others to go look for themselves, but you can't do anything that could influence another specific game by saying it. Linking to it can influence it, not to mention that that specific game is influencing another ongoing game as well.

@peacesells: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 343#789343

you can discuss finished games, but most definitely not ongoing ones,
especially
when it's in the mod's specific rules for the game.
----
very much a liberal now
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 am

Post by peacesells »

From the sticky. Bolded the pertinant ruling...ie there is no problem with using outside games as a basis for scum hunting. Feel free to mention or post links. :P

"Mafia Specific Rules

Breaking rules, not posting, or certain other behavior may result in a modkill or replacement in individual games; rules regarding this should be (and generally are) included up front by the moderator. Some rules apply to most games, and should be assumed to hold unless the moderator explicitly says otherwise. These are:

Do not attempt to play the same game under more than one name.

Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc.
Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable
, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.

Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.

Do not edit/delete posts.

Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is usually ok.

Do not talk after you are dead or replaced. Some moderators do allow contentless "Bah!" posts, but you should never reveal information once you are dead.

Play to win the game"
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 am

Post by hohum »

This whole discussion about when it is and isn't acceptable to reference games is a giant distraction. Stop it. Now.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 am

Post by hasdgfas »

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

an ongoing game is not a previous game.

see the rule just below.
----
very much a liberal now
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Nikanor »

@peacesells: Yes, you're allowed to use information from completed games, but not from ongoing games. I knew this rule, but I was not aware that you could not cite verifiable evidence by linking to the game.
/Newbie rule discussion.

@Mod: Please edit my posts as you see fit to remove references to ongoing games.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:44 am

Post by hasdgfas »

hohum wrote:This whole discussion about when it is and isn't acceptable to reference games is a giant distraction. Stop it. Now.
I don't care. I'd much rather be distracting and end up losing this game than let everyone go through the game not understanding site rules, which could get you modkilled and/or banned from the whole site for breaking.
----
very much a liberal now
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:47 am

Post by peacesells »

I think it is pretty thin to consider saying someone is posting in another game as discussing THAT game. I think you are arguing semantics for a dubious reason.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Nikanor »

peacesells wrote:I think it is pretty thin to consider saying someone is posting in another game as discussing THAT game. I think you are arguing semantics for a dubious reason.
Wow, talk about crappy accusations.
FoS: peacesells.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:51 am

Post by hasdgfas »

peacesells wrote:I think it is pretty thin to consider saying someone is posting in another game as discussing THAT game. I think you are arguing semantics for a dubious reason.
you just can't specifically reference it. Saying "they're posting in another game" is fine, you can't say "they're posting in Game X" because it affects that game, even if you don't think so.

Plus, please explain what is dubious and how, because that's incredibly unspecific and looks like just trying to get people on your side against me.
----
very much a liberal now
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:57 am

Post by peacesells »

hasdgfas wrote:
you just can't specifically reference it. Saying "they're posting in another game" is fine, you can't say "they're posting in Game X" because it affects that game, even if you don't think so.

Plus, please explain what is dubious and how, because that's incredibly unspecific and looks like just trying to get people on your side against me.
I understand now...thought you were saying it can't be talked about.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:59 am

Post by peacesells »

EDWOP Clarification...that you were saying specifically that someone was posting in another game...

Ignore the dubuios as this has been clarified.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Town

Vote : Has

He's lying about Hohum posting in other games. When you do the posts search, you can click on the google search and look up Hohum. I can verify in at least three games that hohum is playing that his absence is consistent with this game.

Do an ISO read on hohum and verify the time stamps.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Wait my bad.

Unvote

Vote: Hohum

Hohum posted in other games after the 17th. Some are lengthy posts I just checked the September time stamps and misread. Has' case is verified.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Toro »

DTMaster wrote:Wait my bad.

Unvote

Hohum posted in other games after the 17th. Some are lengthy posts I just checked the September time stamps and misread. Has' case is verified.
In that case then my vote stays where it is.
Kill-kill wrote:He has flipped from the peacesells bandwagon to the hohum wagon, the two competing wagons to saberwolf.
*Headdesk*

If Saber was scum why would I vote for him earlier in the game and not take it off when he was at
L-2
?
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Toro »

Toro wrote:
DTMaster wrote:Wait my bad.

Unvote

In that case then my vote stays where it is.
Kill-kill wrote:He has flipped from the peacesells bandwagon to the hohum wagon, the two competing wagons to saberwolf.
*Headdesk*

If Saber was scum why would I vote for him earlier in the game and not take it off when he was at
L-2
?
Ah Christ, let me reword this.

Earlier you said that I'd look really scummy if Saber is lynched and came up scum, because I avoided his bandwagon. Don't you think I'd have taken off my vote on him of his original bandwagon if we were aligned together when it reached L-2?
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”