Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by saberwolf »

who did I attack?
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Me.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Empking »

1. Jackinthebox777 (2) - realityfan, Santos
2. Santos (0)
3. Devestation (0)
4. Far_Cry (4) - Flava Flave , Boxman, Jacinthebox777, Pyromaniac
5. RealityFan (0)
6. Flava Flave(1) - Far_Cry
7. Boxman (2) - Michelsabreheart, manho
8. Michelsabreheart (0) -
9. Saberwolf (1) - Chaco
10. manho (0) -
11. Donkeyz (0) -
12. Pyromaniac (0)
13. Chaco (0) -
Not voting (3) - Donkeyz, Sabrewolf, Devestation

7 to lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:20 am

Post by manho »

Pyromaniac wrote:
manho wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
manho wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Far_Cry wrote:Let me ask a question: If I'm lynched, and I'm town, what information will town gain?
That is not the question. If you are lynched and scum then the town could potentially find the 2 other scum. The rewards far outway the risks. Also, Flave Flare's case was very good.
then who are the 2 other scum? and FF's case is very bad.
Saberwolf and donkeyz230940r49275237327208754875048758027707210783357820352107153805087509058310085148770077158032070871707807150770071588818549808994501
and the reasons?
Interactions with far_cry.
can you explain more?

and saber haven't attack you, he is just defending FC, or not. chainsaw defense should at least include a vote or a decent case, imo. and where is your case against FC? the only reason for the lynch is that it can give information if FC flip scum. you should at least prove that FC is likely scum and that information get is really useful first before your vote.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:39 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Apologies for going so long without posting. I had quite a busy week and didn't find the time to properly check on Mafiascum.

I strongly disagree with pyromaniac's evaluation of RealityFan as lurking. True, RF doesn't post much, and his posts aren't long, but I've found his posts to contain a lot of good, useful remarks and content. I don't believe he is avoiding participation in order to stay out of the picture. This is also the reason why I've gone after Boxman but not RealityFan.

Pyromaniac, I agree with you that an information lynch on day 1 can be useful. However, if you are mainly lynching for information, you must make sure that the information gained in the case of a town flip is significant. Otherwise, it is highly likely that no information is gained. Lynching someone because you strongly believe they are scum is fine too, but in that case, don't claim to be lynching for info.

Also, can someone please explain the case against Far_Cry for me? I haven't seen much that convinces me he's scum, and I definately haven't seen enough to hunt for other scum solely by looking at his connections.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Lets reread realityfan.
Post one is a confirmation, ok.
Post 2 has a random vote ok
Post 3 is just agreeing with someone else.
Post 4 says no bandwagons, not scumhunnting kthxbye
Post 5 is acceptable, but still not scumhunting
Post 6 is restating post 5
Post 7 is discussing why a stupid policy vote is not accurate, not saying that it isn’t stupid policy.
Post 8 is
still
not scumhunting and it is lurker, not active lurker, hunting.
Post 9 is more lurking hunting still not scumhunting.
Post 10 is restating
Post 11 is the first scumhunting post he makes. And that is 13 pages into the game.
@manho
saberwolf wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:You don't lynch someone because they are attack another player unless that player is scum. Notes that saberwolf is defending far_cry
how am I defending F_C? I simply said that it is up to us to determine where we think you stand on the most likely scum list. I never mentioned him at all...if anything, I'd be defending Donkey. What is up to YOU is to bring along a case showing US why YOU think a certain person is scummier than you and should be brought to attention. You don't simply say don't lynch me cause I don't think I'm as scummy as others.
From his own lips he isn’t defending him.
Lynching far_cry would not only good for info, but he is probably scum. The weird attack on toast early game, caving to pressure of the bandwagon. He has also spent most of the game defending himself and done very little scumhunting, other then the scumhunting he has to do to prevent him from being completeing focused on him. Which both town and scum would do.
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Devestation »

Jester talk is bad, Pyro.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by manho »

Pyromaniac wrote:@manho
saberwolf wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:You don't lynch someone because they are attack another player unless that player is scum. Notes that saberwolf is defending far_cry
how am I defending F_C? I simply said that it is up to us to determine where we think you stand on the most likely scum list. I never mentioned him at all...if anything, I'd be defending Donkey. What is up to YOU is to bring along a case showing US why YOU think a certain person is scummier than you and should be brought to attention. You don't simply say don't lynch me cause I don't think I'm as scummy as others.
no, saber had not vote, FoS, or make a case on you. he had not even show suspicious on you. so he is not attacking you, he is attacking your case on FC. so he is defending FC without attacking you. that's not a chainsaw defense.
that's true, but it is weird for scum to not defending himself.
Lynching far_cry would not only good for info, but he is probably scum. The weird attack on toast early game, caving to pressure of the bandwagon. He has also spent most of the game defending himself
and now you say FC has defended himself...
and done very little scumhunting, other then the scumhunting he has to do to prevent him from being completeing focused on him. Which both town and scum would do.
if that "other scumhunting" is something that both town and scum would do, then it is proper scumhunting, and it should be counted in the "very little" scumhunting. so FC has done some scumhunting.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by saberwolf »

I like this analysis above ^^

I finally have a place to put my vote:

vote: Pyromaniac
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:16 am

I'm going to refer to ISO postnumbers. For the most part, these will differ 1 from the numbers Pyromaniac used.

Post #3 by RealityFan is questioning and pressuring Saberwolf on his statement that he wanted a bandwagon on someone.

Post #4 and #5 are questioning and pressuring Far_Cry on his stated dilemma between Sudai and Pimj.

Post #7 is questioning and pressuring Jackinthebox in order to get some useful replies from him.

Post #9 is pressuring Donkey on a perceived contradiction.

Post #10 is pressuring me on perceived scummy behaviour.

All of the above posts fit perfectly with the picture of a pro-town player who doesn't know who the scum is, and is questioning whatever grabs his attention in order to get a read on people. All points he raises address potentially scummy behaviour, and the answers he receives will undoubtedly help all players determine the alignement of the players he questions. That seems like a perfect way of finding scum. How can you possibly consider all these posts not scumhunting?
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Devestation wrote:Jester talk is bad, Pyro.
/facepalm lyncher talk is the same thing as jester talk. Notice how I said the thing about the cult? I was fairly clearly being sarcastic.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

manho wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:@manho
saberwolf wrote:
no, saber had not vote, FoS, or make a case on you. he had not even show suspicious on you. so he is not attacking you, he is attacking your case on FC. so he is defending FC without attacking you. that's not a chainsaw defense.
Yeah, its not a chainsaw defense. Its a regular defense. But look, now he is voting for me.
that's true, but it is weird for scum to not defending himself.
What?
Lynching far_cry would not only good for info, but he is probably scum. The weird attack on toast early game, caving to pressure of the bandwagon. He has also spent most of the game defending himself
and now you say FC has defended himself...
I have never said he didn't.
and done very little scumhunting, other then the scumhunting he has to do to prevent him from being completeing focused on him. Which both town and scum would do.
if that "other scumhunting" is something that both town and scum would do, then it is proper scumhunting, and it should be counted in the "very little" scumhunting. so FC has done some scumhunting.
I agree. However, 10 pounds that if I get lynched he will be on my lynching wagon.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

RealityFan wrote:
Far_Cry wrote:
Pimj wrote:To be honest, Toasts post doesn't look scummy to me. If he wouldn't have posted it, I would have done something similar. Simply for the reason that a bunch of random votes and box jokes are not really helping the game.

Vote: Far cry
To tell the truth, this looks like more newb stuff to me, too. Strange how u jump on the wagon friggin page 3 when all there was were random votes.
FoS Pimj
That rubbed me the wrong way too. :/
This is not helpful at all. He is just agreeing with someone else.
RealityFan wrote:And what good comes out of starting a bandwagon?
Not scumhunting. Discussing policy when there is no one to policy.
RealityFan wrote:Why did Devestation's vote make you decide between those two? What changed?
This is valid
RealityFan wrote:Saber, that post might not be accurate, because how many of the posts were game related and not just the RVS?
Not scumhunting/helpful.
RealityFan wrote:@ jack:
Who do you think is the most scummy so far?
Do you think it's a good idea to go after the lurkers?
What's your opinion on FC and saber going after each other?
Next post is ok, though he is a lurker, not an active lurker. Lurker pressure is fine though.
Then his last post is his best post yet.

Though on the reread I do notice that boxman is actively lurker.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

v/la till the 19th. Very small chance that I will be able to post.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Chaco »

Will catch up in a bit, just got home.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Chaco »

Bah, to busy to play in multiple games at once.

Mod: Replacement requested please.[/b[
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Chaco »

EBWOP:

Mod: Replacement requested please.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:46 am

Post by Empking »

Chaco will be replaced
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Devestation »

I'm not willing to place a Pyro lynch, he is making half of our current analysis' ATM.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:04 am

Post by manho »

let's see what's happening.

some of us have suspicious on FC. then flava replacing in and make a case on FC, which i think is not enough to get a lynch. then pryo replacing in and vote FC for an information lynch. when some strong defence go against him, he shift the attention to saber, realityfan and even boxman now. i see it as a scum looking for an easy lynch but fail, and then shift the attention away and even go V/LA.

vote: pyromaniac
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:28 am

Post by saberwolf »

nah, dev is right. I only voted him so that he had a reason to OMGUS me. :P

he is actually providing some good insight, and if we keep him around a little longer, we may get some good out of it if he's pro-town, or possibly some ties if he's anti-town.

unvote
Show

donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:53 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

It seems Far Cry is the most appropriate lynch given how he is probably our most high profiled suspect at the moment. My reason for his lynch is that it provides information in establishing people's connection to me. There are obvious people who has been constantly calling for Far Crys lynch so if he turns up scum, it really gives those people more credibility.

But the reasons as to why Far Cry is scum is not as apparent to me as I would like. There hasn't been a strong enough case against FC to really deem him as total scum but it is Day one and we need information. Lynching Far Cry will provide /shed more light in general.

I prefer a saberwolf lynch over FC but if its between FC or Boxman, I choose FC.

Boxman though is my definition of an active lurker, something that scum usually is. I probably bet he is scum but if he does end up becoming town, then his lynch will doesn't provide much as FC.

vote: Far Cry
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Empking »

Deadline in two weeks
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Flava Flave »

MichelSableheart wrote: Also, can someone please explain the case against Far_Cry for me? I haven't seen much that convinces me he's scum, and I definately haven't seen enough to hunt for other scum solely by looking at his connections.
Sounds like a scumbuddy.
manho wrote:let's see what's happening.

some of us have suspicious on FC. then flava replacing in and make a case on FC, which i think is not enough to get a lynch. then pryo replacing in and vote FC for an information lynch. when some strong defence go against him, he shift the attention to saber, realityfan and even boxman now. i see it as a scum looking for an easy lynch but fail, and then shift the attention away and even go V/LA.

vote: pyromaniac
So he is scum for...suspecting Far_Cry? Nope, not a chainsaw at all. :roll: (rolling eyes smiley notes the sarcasm behind that)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 am

Mod:
if you are going to place a deadline, please also look into inactives, and deal with them without me having to request it. Jackinthebox has been prodded a week ago, and hasn't posted in two weeks. I believe he should be replaced. Boxman hasn't posted in a week, and RealityFan hasn't posted since last monday. Both of them should be prodded.

RealityFan, please post more often. Every weekend I posted, I had to call for you to be prodded.

Seriously people, can we please lynch in the hope of actually hitting the scum, rather then get rid of a good town player because of the info it might give us?

The wagon against Far_Cry is BAD. Of the five people voting him, Flava Flave is the only one who brought up something that resembles a case. Pyromaniac gives some reasons, but seems to be mainly voting for information. JackintheBox and Boxman haven't done much game related, and are voting him because they interpret what FC said differently then how he meant it. Now Donkey joins the wagon, not because he believes FC is scum, but because of the information that it gives should he flip scum.

There are far more better lynches out there. Boxman has been posting but hasn't been contributing. Donkeyz just joined a very bad bandwagon on very weak reasoning. Like Boxman, Santos has made a number of posts, but achieved little overall. If JackintheBox isn't replaced, he'll be completely useless to the town on future days.

Though I would prefer not to lynch one of them, I believe that Devestation, Flava Flave, Pyromaniac and Saberwolf are all better lynches then Far_Cry.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”