Mini 847 Murder in Zachtown (Game over!)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:54 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I can sort of see the interpretation that BM's taking that leaves him to say that. But of course, I don't want to rush into a lynch, ESPECIALLY with a deadline in place anyway. Sometimes it's a bit murky when the discussion has stopped being good for town, but it's almost certainly longer than ten days, so we should probably play as close to the deadline as we can while still having everyone cast a vote not in haste.

Anyway, this is kind of an incestuous little group here. For all we know we're all town and the scum players just haven't gotten a chance to catch up with us yet! I think it's far too early to start speaking in absolutist terms.

8th vote count of day 1:

Battle Mage - 2 (Nikanor, Netopolis)
CSL - 2 (DTMaster, Sotty7)
Kittymo - 1 (Haylen)
Hitogoroshi - 1 (Maemuki)
Nikanor - 1 (ckool5000)
Haylen - 1 (Kittymo)

Not voting (CSL, jasonT1981, hitogoroshi, Battle Mage)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Deadline will also fall on Wednesday September 23rd at 9pm central.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 am

Post by CSL »

hito, we may be hasty because of Battle Mage, and I'm still getting a scumvibe from him, but yeah, let's not rush things.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Netopalis »

Hito - I wasn't advocating an early lynch - I was advocating a shift in discussion. In order to facilitate such, let me pose a few questions to all players:

1) Battle Mage seems to think that he can simply put a vote on someone without reason and expect them to claim. Is this scummy, or is it merely meta? If it is meta, how should we interpret that in-game?

2) There were several players who seemed willing to proxy their votes based on a joke. This seems rather reckless to me, but what are your takes on that?

3) Does the note from the mod and BM's response imply anything about his role? It seemed odd when I first read it.

4) What is your general playstyle and meta, since it seems to be rather important in this game?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:17 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

1. Ignore it. I think he was being sarcastic. If not, ignore it anyway. That's stupid.

2. I'd rather not say, because if we're not careful it can turn into WIFOM (obviously BM was seeing who the easily maniuplated townies are. No! They were scum trying to look like townies. No! They were townies who were...). Still, there's the chance someone could say something later that we can refute by saying 'but you did the proxy thing.'

3. If you mean the 'proxy votes do nothing' note, I don't think that implies anything. But if there's another note, please point it out.

4. I'm usually pretty quiet. I don't like to babble too much. I'm WAY more conservative with my vote than most people. I ask few questions, but when I do, I tend to hound on them until they get answered. My style ends up getting me accused of being scum more than my fair share (I've never actually been scum in a mafiascum.net game) but it also makes me a better scumhunter because my votes/questions tend to count more and I don't usually offend anyone.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Netopalis »

Hito, in re: #3, it's actually BM's response to the proxy votes do nothing. Here's his entire post:
Battle Mage wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Mod
- What is your policy regarding Proxy votes? Do you count them together, or can they be used separately?
Proxy votes do not count unless you actually vote by the stated rules.
Please explain. By PM if you like.

BM
Seems like he's a bit unnerved that proxies aren't allowed.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Haylen »

BM wrote: Dw, you're MORE than a player to me. You're a friend!
Awwww! *hugs*, *buddies back* :p

The coughcr3t1nscough comment was about camn buddying me, and you not recognising that. Even as scum, you would have been worried bout another scum faction. It's just interesting that you would attack me there (the buddy) and not the possible other scum faction (the buddier). lol. Hypocrisy.

I can confirm that he asks for claims when as soon as he votes you when he's town.

Ok, keep being serious! :P
BM wrote: you're giving me townvibes, and that unnerves me. :P
*shrugs* ICing has made me a better scumhunter and all round player.
CSL wrote: HAHAHAHA! You crack me up...
HAHAHAHA! CRACK!
Neto wrote: 2) There were several players who seemed willing to proxy their votes based on a joke. This seems rather reckless to me, but what are your takes on that?
As one of those players, I can say that I did it because I thought it would be fun. And I wanted to see other peoples reactions to it, where Hito placed my vote for a start - see where he stands.
Neto wrote: 3) Does the note from the mod and BM's response imply anything about his role? It seemed odd when I first read it.
I don;t think anything of it, I ask mods questions too. If he really wanted to keep it a secret, he would've PM'd the mod rather than post the question in thread.
Neto wrote: 4) What is your general playstyle and meta, since it seems to be rather important in this game?
I'm not really sure how to describe it, since I've only just started being able to scumhunt properly. My playstyle is still developing. Yos describes it as playing by gut, instincts and emotions. He said it reminds him a little bit of DGB...I am very well known to be paranoid of claims and comments of other players. Since the camn buddying thing in cr3t1n's, I've adopted a policy: You're all scum and you're all out to get me. So to me, everbody is scum until my instincts say otherwise. lol. You can find more info about my meta ect on my wiki.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Haylen »

I DIPPED MY ELBOW IN CUSTARD!!!

Thought I would announce that.

Daykill: BM

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:36 am

Post by CSL »

Haylen wrote:I DIPPED MY ELBOW IN CUSTARD!!!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's funny...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Mod, can we get a
vote count
? People are flinging their votes around left and right.
Yeah I know, I'm trying to catch up on that now. Look at the top of each page, I am putting one at the top of all of the pages.
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 am

Post by ckool5000 »

Jeez. My computer still sucks, so I'm-a using my laptop.

So a proxy vote is a vote for the future, correct?
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Netopalis »

Ckool - no proxies.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:48 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sorry, I have been rather MIA since the game began. It was my birthday this weekend and was away for the best part of it. Zach was aware of this, sorry I should have actually posted in the game saying I was away.

I should be fully caught up by tomorrow afternoon UK time
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Netopalis »

Happy birthday, Jason! If it were a few days ago, I'd give you a birthday vote...

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

PBPA trying to get us back on topic:
Battle Mage: He's hard to get a read on because he is so confusing, and I have reason to believe he is not sane. I don't think most of what he's done this game is pro-town, though.

ckcool500: Hasn't posted any content...didn't random vote til DTMaster told him to.
FOS: ckool500

CSL: CSL is being stupid, as usual. However, my meta on him is giving me more of a CSL-stupid-town than CSL-stupid-scum. *cannot go into meta*

DTMaster: Seems fairly protown. Should vote more though.

Haylen: Like BM, she's a difficult read. The whole "claim" thing strikes me as rolefishing, though, even if she's talking about ducks and peanut butter. My gut says town, though.

Hitogoroshi: Level-headed and pro-town. Yaaay.

jasont1981: No content thus far. Please work on that...

Maemuki: Her posts have an active lurking feel, and the way she's been responding to Battle Mage is kinda uptight.

Netopalis: He seems pretty protown to me, now that he's been posting more. But, he's good at mafia from what I've seen, so I'm going to keep a close eye on him anyways.

Nikanor: I'm liking the posts from him so far. When he's scum, it's fairly obvious to most intelligent people based on his actions, so I'll look into that later on.

Sotty7: I see pro-townness.

Note that I'm posting this while in an amazing mood, so that may explain the large about of town reads.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
ckool5000
ckool5000
Goon
ckool5000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by ckool5000 »

KittyMo wrote: ckcool500: ...didn't random vote til DTMaster told him to.

And that's bad because.........
http://ckool5000.mybrute.com
What I've always wanted to hear from someone:
Kublai Khan: "@ckool5000: Aw, crap. You're right."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by KittyMo »

You never explained why you were or weren't random voting. You just decided to blindly follow DTMaster.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Also, if you're watching the thread this attentively, why have you not posted any content?

"plz don't swear" -- N
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by CSL »

hh, excuse me, just how am I stupid?
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Haylen »

cause whatever comes out of my mouth will be immature and silly...I agree with your analysis. Need more orca wang though. I have quite a lot of outside evidence to suggest BM is clearly insane...yet i do not use it to get him locked away .__.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Haylen »

BLOODY SIMULPOSTING!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by KittyMo »

CSL wrote: Well, is the RVS over?
CSL wrote: I dunno.

Vote: KittyMo
because her name sounds cool.
CSL wrote:
Proxy vote to hito
PROXY BAAAAAAAAAANDWAGON!
CSL wrote:
Unproxy vote

Proxy vote
on Maemuki because I can.
CSL wrote: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's funny...
Uhhh, almost every post you made in Newbie 806. And the game I just replaced you in I just replaced out right afterward because I didn't want to deal with having to talk my way out of everything you'd said. =S

Though, I didn't actually mean stupid. I meant insane. Mah bad.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Netopalis wrote:1) Battle Mage seems to think that he can simply put a vote on someone without reason and expect them to claim. Is this scummy, or is it merely meta? If it is meta, how should we interpret that in-game?
Well, I wouldn't say he doesn't have a reason for voting. He's right; Maemuki is scummy.
4) What is your general playstyle and meta, since it seems to be rather important in this game?
I have no general playstyle that I know of. Feel free to look at my meta, though. There are links to all my games on my wiki page.
I'm ignoring your other two questions because I have nothing to say about them.
KittyMo wrote:Nikanor: I'm liking the posts from him so far. When he's scum, it's fairly obvious to most intelligent people based on his actions, so I'll look into that later on.
But you didn't think I was obvscum in our game together. Are you insulting yourself? :P

I like CSL's insistance to go down with his scumbuddy.
Unvote. Vote: CSL.
BM wrote:Maemuki is very scummy, and needs to be run up.
I thought you said you wanted to kill the buddier before the buddiee? What changed your mind, specifically?
I agree that they both need to die, because they're both scum, but why Maemuki over CSL now?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Town
Sorry. I was away from this game so I
Claim: Guy who did not read this game since page 3

So I'll give my responses.
Neto 67: Meh so basically everyone is cleared since it's too early to tell and not enough information is given about them. That makes for poor discussion for the early game.

Sotty7: AtE is appeal to emotion. Basically it's when you use emotion on the town to prove a point rather then typical evidence.

Also part of townie play is to sift through the information between the town tells and the scum tells. If you are hunting scum your first instinct shouldn't automatically assume the actions are scummy. You weigh the time, the context and the content of the posts with the rest of the discussion and consider all the possibilities you can. Then you press on it.

If we do have a jester in this game, then that changes perspective of the person's posts (aka we cannot determine strong scum links just based on his play alone.)

BM 72: Lol you just sarcasticly soft claimed British Mafia Goon. Do they kill with hot scalding English tea and choke people with biscuits? Talk about flavour text (literal flavour, with some cream to balance out the tea)

Page 4-5: What is proxy voting? Why isn't just regular voting just as effective. :< Everyone just let BM lead them, but I guess the mind set was still in the RVS so it's not that serious. It led into the early parts of Page 6 x.x.

BM 140: Agreed. Here we start!

BM 154: Why is trying to end the RVS a scum-tell?

BM 157: So depending on the person, you attack the person who follows with the proxy vote or the person who attacks the idea of proxy voting. That basically leaves only the people who ignored your proxy voting...

That is a broad amount of people to attack and consider scummy BM, it leaves a lot of people wide open to attack and you can use your two arguments on anyone in particular. Scum-BM would be very powerful here.

CSL 162: Wait wut... OMGUS indirectly means chainsaw attack? o-o.

Neto 167: Note the link between Neto and Maekumi.

BM 172: I'm unloved here BM. :(

CSL 186: Vote hopping isn't scummy if BM is the one who's leading/attacking both bandwagons at the same time. >>

BM 188: I have meta evidence where vote hopping can be considered scummy. The game is ongoing though but it's in my wiki. I'll give you a hint, the flavor text is quite self inflicting. (Mod if that's too much then delete this line)

But considering the scenario it can be both null/scummy to me. Here it's null since you are leading the main attacks.

Page 9: What... you guys are unvoting due to "it's too early to before deadline" ?

Neto 215: You are fretting over a small votes. If her reactions turn out to be townie, then the votes come off. If they turn out scummy they stay. Town will prevent quick lynches before this will happen. If a quick lynch does happen, you can bet scum had a hand in running it and its more beneficial to analyze it to catch easy scum.

Neto 227:
1. His style screams his normal meta. I seen it before (game ongoing though so can't link). The best thing is to do two things: be critical of his posts and be critical of the people's reactions. BM earned his signature that scum is afraid of him for a reason since his analysis and scum hunting nose is usually correct.

2. We are out of the RVS are we not? Normal votes would have had the same effect.

3. Role fishing? o-o This is a normal setup is it not? There isn't some crazy role to clarify since he has so much experience in the game.

4. I don't think we can answer 4 ourselves honestly without some Bias. Check my wiki or ask BM/Nik/Zach/Jason for their metas on me.

Haylen 231: Real DK? Did everyone just ignore that? I assume it's fake considering Zach updated the votes and no kill yet.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Nikanor wrote:
BM wrote:Maemuki is very scummy, and needs to be run up.
I thought you said you wanted to kill the buddier before the buddiee? What changed your mind, specifically?
I agree that they both need to die, because they're both scum, but why Maemuki over CSL now?
Apparently the CSL buddying thing is just a joke based on a previous game they shared. I suspect CSL is just messing around in the same manner i was, and is just inadvertantly distracting us from Maemuki.

@DTmaster - i WISH being British was all tea and biscuits! *Sips tea* lmao

Trying to end the RVS is scummy, because the RVS is decidedly protown. People have to move their vote around, but there is no prospect of a mislynch. Scum hate long RVS's, because while nobody is being serious, they arent making any progress. A completely separate point, is that the majority of people on site dont realise the above, and consider the RVS to be bad. Therefore, saying "im going to END THE RVS" is an attempt to look more town, and rubs off as scummy.

You make a good point about the proxy thing. But, you really think, as scum, id draw myself out into the open like that? I'm far less controversial as scum :P

More responses later.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:Hito, in re: #3, it's actually BM's response to the proxy votes do nothing. Here's his entire post:
Battle Mage wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Mod
- What is your policy regarding Proxy votes? Do you count them together, or can they be used separately?
Proxy votes do not count unless you actually vote by the stated rules.
Please explain. By PM if you like.

BM
Seems like he's a bit unnerved that proxies aren't allowed.
Not unnerved. I just didnt understand whether he meant proxies werent allowed, or there was a specific way they had to be made.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”