ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I hate it when the scum just kill off the person who was talking the most.
(I also hate it when people kill of zazie regardless)

It is also possible zaz was on the right track:
ZazieR wrote:Also, the scum:
-Saber
-Kill
-Hohum
-Peace

I'm having doubts between 2 players for the fifth spot.
Obviously he was wrong about saber, but I would not be against a lynch of, say, hohum. (note that saber, another confirmed town, also had hohum pegged as scum)

vote: hohum
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I have no idea why Zazie was killed, but speculating on the nightkill is probably not a good idea.
ThAdmiral, what happened to your suspicion of Scott from yesterday? Are you still suspicious of him?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:47 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Nikanor wrote:I have no idea why Zazie was killed, but speculating on the nightkill is probably not a good idea.
ThAdmiral, what happened to your suspicion of Scott from yesterday? Are you still suspicious of him?
Not as suspicious. At least he's probably not a werewolf. I tried to goad him in to killing me yesterday and since that didn't happen I feel like there is a fairly low chance he's a wolf. He still could be mafia but I'm willing to look at others for now.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 am

Post by ZazieR »

ThAd wrote:I also hate it when people kill of zazie regardless
So do I :cry:
Good Luck Town.
Ignore the ''R''
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

It's clear hohum is going to pop in whenever necessary to avoid replacement and avoid giving any information to the town. Jumped on the SW wagon toward the end as well.

Vote: hohum

nik: Late D1, we had a discussion how you didn't like the hohum wagon and through lynch all lurkers was stupid.
Nikanor wrote:
Scott wrote:Is there an actual reason why you don't like the hohum wagon?
Because Lynch all Lurkers is stupid.
Going back through the thread I found this.
Nikanor wrote:This game is turning into newb central. -_-;

FoS: Everyone who is lurking

Lurking is more of a scumtell in this game. Mafia-tell, specifically. If the mafia can lay low enough to not get lynched or nk'd by the werewolves, they win automatically after three days of continual lynched/nk'd townies. I tell this to the werewolves as well. It's in both the town's and werewolves' best interest for nk's to be directed at mafia. Aim for the lurkers, and you will be more likely to hit mafia, werewolves.
Why the contradiction?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scott wrote:nik: Late D1, we had a discussion how you didn't like the hohum wagon and through lynch all lurkers was stupid.
Nikanor wrote:
Scott wrote: Is there an actual reason why you don't like the hohum wagon?
Because Lynch all Lurkers is stupid.

Going back through the thread I found this.
Nikanor wrote: This game is turning into newb central. -_-;
FoS: Everyone who is lurking
Lurking is more of a scumtell in this game. Mafia-tell, specifically. If the mafia can lay low enough to not get lynched or nk'd by the werewolves, they win automatically after three days of continual lynched/nk'd townies. I tell this to the werewolves as well. It's in both the town's and werewolves' best interest for nk's to be directed at mafia. Aim for the lurkers, and you will be more likely to hit mafia, werewolves.
Why the contradiction?
Actually, my main intention with that post was to get some of the lurkers to speak up, as well as to direct the wolves to kill off some of the more anti-town members of our town.
The first part worked; we started hearing from Cain and lumi at least because of that. (Would have to reread to see if anyone else started speaking up because of that. Also, correlation does not imply causation, so I'd be careful about trying to use the 'he started talking after Nik said lurking was a scumtell!' argument).
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

So today you would still rather lynch someone more active than hohum?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scott wrote:So today you would still rather lynch someone more active than hohum?
If possible, I'd like for hohum to show up and start playing the game. If that's not possible, I'd like for a replacement. If that isn't possible, then I might go for a hohum deadline lynch if we can't find anyone better to lynch.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

V/LA of sorts, won't really be able to post until Sunday
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:04 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Zazie. Noooo. I'll still answer your questions for town discussions since they are still pending. :<

763: I did not believe Kill warranted my vote at that time due to the situation of Hohum's lurker actions. I used the harder HoS because Kill's posts are contradictary and wanted him to explain himself. When I wasn't satisfied with Kill's 633 defense post, I voted him in my next one.

Hohum is actively lurking. My prevous posts against hohum supports this.

766: i would ask you to clarify about the first point, but. :<. Any townies have a point to make about Zazie's first point in this post?

772/773: Lol are you suggesting (and Nik) I soft claimed scum in that post? Self voting/hammering without discussion is literally the elephant in the room. It's an issue that hangs there and all attention from scum hunting is diverted to him. Which is why in the second half of my statement I said:
DTM wrote: Scum hunt now and I'll unvote.
Town discussion cannot continue effectively with Sabre's "lynch me now statements". He began to actively scum hunt more but I was away on the deadline day to change my vote. Scott hammered and night fell before I could respond to your posts.

774: I have meta evidence based on an ongoing game that Sabre and I was in. I already did the meta, simillar to how I did it on Has' argument. That is why I told the town to do it, and also I'm busy IRL to post links to the games.

Sabre could have confirmed this but any townie can confirm this through my wiki link. I would have retorted with: why didn't you do the meta? but you be dead now. :<.

783: I asked it to weigh the pros and cons of a Hohum lynch in terms of player interaction information? I thought I was clear about that. What kind of answer where you looking for? (addressed to town)

My vote was on him because he lied, I asked the question to expand on discussion with the above reasoning.

@Hohum
751/752 - You are actively lurking. Why? This is my second time asking this./

Also what about the charges made against you by the town that you lied to us about not posting in other games when you were "busy". Like 3rd time asking this.

@Kill
Your answers to Zazie's questions and your responses to my posts, and your current top picks as scum. I request them when your classes do not take up all your time.

I'd much prefer focusing on Kill at the moment, but what I addressed to hohum puts him at number two in terms of scummiest.

Vote: Kill-kill
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Vote Hohum
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Toro »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Vote Hohum
Any real reason for this vote Shotty?
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Toro wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:
Vote Hohum
Any real reason for this vote Shotty?
Pretty sure I elaborated on this plenty yesterday. Considering Hohum didn't get lynched that means at least one faction wasn't pushing him. It would've been an easy kill of a townie, so someone(s) with role knowledge didn't want him dead.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Most likely mafia since they're bigger.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Shotty wrote:Considering Hohum didn't get lynched that means at least one faction wasn't pushing him. It would've been an easy kill of a townie, so someone(s) with role knowledge didn't want him dead.
I think your logic is flawed here, Shotty. It would be pretty easy for scum to blend in with the town by bussing their partner under Lynch all Liars/Lurkers if they thought he was going to be lynched. In that case, if he does flip scum, I'd look at the players who voted hohum without much reasoning. i.e. Toro and Scott.
Also, why did you assume it would be an easy kill of a 'townie,' specifically?

I need to look into DTM's iso for interactions with Zazie and saber; I might be able to find something there. Right now, I think that answering Zazie's questions after he died was decidedly pro-town (unless he thought he couldn't get away with not answering them, which I doubt), but I want to look into his reasoning behind defending saber.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:42 am

Nikanor wrote:
Shotty wrote:Considering Hohum didn't get lynched that means at least one faction wasn't pushing him. It would've been an easy kill of a townie, so someone(s) with role knowledge didn't want him dead.
I think your logic is flawed here, Shotty. It would be pretty easy for scum to blend in with the town by bussing their partner under Lynch all Liars/Lurkers if they thought he was going to be lynched. In that case, if he does flip scum, I'd look at the players who voted hohum without much reasoning. i.e. Toro and Scott.
Also, why did you assume it would be an easy kill of a 'townie,' specifically?

I need to look into DTM's iso for interactions with Zazie and saber; I might be able to find something there. Right now, I think that answering Zazie's questions after he died was decidedly pro-town (unless he thought he couldn't get away with not answering them, which I doubt), but I want to look into his reasoning behind defending saber.
Why bus when Saber gave them an easy lynch? There aren't any PRs besides seer and he wouldnt've dropped tells on D1 so I just used townie.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:43 am

I'm rereading DTM and Toro in iso, but I'd rather not let Hohum get away again.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Nikanor »

Shotty wrote:Why bus when Saber gave them an easy lynch? There aren't any PRs besides seer and he wouldnt've dropped tells on D1 so I just used townie.
Bussing probably wouldn't be the best term. Distancing would be a better term. If hohum had a smart team, his partner(s) would keep their vote on hohum throughout day one, then, when saber flipped town, would bus hohum into oblivion on subsequent days, in an attempt to look very town on subsequent days.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Nikanor wrote:
Scott wrote:So today you would still rather lynch someone more active than hohum?
If possible, I'd like for hohum to show up and start playing the game. If that's not possible, I'd like for a replacement. If that isn't possible, then I might go for a hohum deadline lynch if we can't find anyone better to lynch.
so are you saying that hohum's scummy behavior of day 1 should be ignored because he's lurking? Because he's done plenty of stuff that I'd lynch active players for, and letting him be replaced is basically ignoring all of that.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by peacesells »

Well..I really hate the way they handle night phases here. I don't see any reason why we should not be able to continue to discuss the game during that phase.

I've completely lost track in this game and will need to do a thorough re-read. This won't take place til mid week next week unfortunately. Sorry guys.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

peacesells wrote:Well..I really hate the way they handle night phases here. I don't see any reason why we should not be able to continue to discuss the game during that phase.
besides the fact that, you know, flavor-wise, everyone's sleeping?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Toro »

hasdgfas wrote:
peacesells wrote:Well..I really hate the way they handle night phases here. I don't see any reason why we should not be able to continue to discuss the game during that phase.
Well, peacesells is an insomniac, good to know.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Kill-kill »

I have to go V/LA until further notice--I have lost the one day I could really spend serious time on Mafia. I will still be reading, and can make short posts, but don't expect any huge posts from me for the time being...

(I am not planning to join any more games after the ones I am in finish, just for the record)
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by peacesells »

Toro wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Well, peacesells is an insomniac, good to know.
Next week this will be true as I will be working the graveyard shift.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hasdgfas wrote:
Nikanor wrote:
so are you saying that hohum's scummy behavior of day 1 should be ignored because he's lurking? Because he's done plenty of stuff that I'd lynch active players for, and letting him be replaced is basically ignoring all of that.
No, I just don't believe in Lynch all Lurkers policy.
If hohum gets replaced, great. If hohum starts actively participating, that's even better. hohum's lying and whatnot aren't going to disappear. Unless you believe that any and all replacements earn themselves a free halo that clears themselves of all guilt, I don't see how waiting for a replacement is a bad idea.
On the other hand, if we lynch him today for lurking without even trying to get a replacement, we'll have very little information regarding inter-player reactions, reagardless of alignment.
What I'm trying to say in that post is that we need either hohum ITT, or a hohum replacement.
@Mod:Prod hohum, please?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”