Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 3:59 am

Post by Stam »

I was a scum for less than 24 hours. And not a very good one. :?

I am not sure if big_k is lurking, 2 posts out of 20 is not such a small number.
I do agree that he doesn't contribute much to the conversation.
I also looked at his last posts and it looks like in many cases he enters the site, writes in many threads, but doesn't write anything here.
Is this scummy? I don't know. I once played a game (Newbie 100) where both Pinky and Halo Freak were behaving like that. Eventually Pinky came out to be a townie and Halo Freak was a scum. I had a very hard time pinlinching there.

Bottom line - this behavior is not necessarily scummy, but it should be discouraged.

I think that the pairs big_k/Kain and big_k/EYNH both make some sense, but I still think the pair LML/Kain explains a lot more.
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 3:59 am

Post by Stam »

I am not sure if big_k is lurking, 2 posts out of 20 is not such a small number.
I also looked at his last posts and it looks like in many cases he enters the site, writes in many threads, but doesn't write anything here.
Is this scummy? I don't know. I once played a game (Newbie 100) where both Pinky and Halo Freak were behaving like that. Eventually Pinky came out to be a townie and Halo Freak was a scum. I had a very hard time pinlinching there.

Bottom line - this behavior is not necessarily scummy, but it should be discouraged.

I think that the pairs big_k/Kain and big_k/EYNH both make some sense, but I still think the pair LML/Kain explains a lot more.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 4:01 am

Post by Stam »

Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 4:04 am

Post by Stam »

I have a problem posting here.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 6:06 am

Post by Stam »

ok, I see this site is having some problems.
This is not the best time for lurker-hunting.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 8:34 am

Post by big_kahunia »

My thoughts on the players:

Mr. Flay: posting many times. Voted Kain, putting him at two. He seems to want to stop the game from a stand-still, which is good.

Stam, I’m not sure quite yet. I have to cautch the bus in 9 minutes. So I don’t have time to write analysis of him.
Kain and Tamuz are playing like they don’t know what’s happening.

EYNH is not.
EYNH in post 41 wrote:Well, of course he's one or the other. Indecisive statements will get you nowhere….

I haven't been here long enough to know, but it seems that you are a well-respected veteran, and, as I know from the chat room I play in, that newbies and vets alike tend to "be chummy" with the other veterans. I'd say that Lee "being chummy" with you is just an example of this, not Lee being a scum.
Indecisiveness can be attributed to not knowing alignments. If you only know that you yourself are innocent, then you will indecisive about the innocents of others. This makes me think that you know something the rest of us don’t—who’s mafia and who’s not.
Mr. Flay in 46 wrote: * EYNH and LML also don't have any suspicions/thoughts about each other, which is a little more surprising.
Scum usually try to avoid each other early in the game. They don’t want to be seen associating themselves.

[quote="Tamuz'”]LML missed a chance to kill Kain, maybe he was too busy... but he didn't take such an opportunity (as did flay and Big_k)[/quote]
LML wrote: So, you'd rather me vote someone who I'm not quite sure is scum yet?
By voting Kain, LML would have set himself up for a lynch tomorrow.
Only a few moments later, he says he was set to defend Kain and then votes him. I think LML is going w/ the flow of the game.
I like my vote on LML

Sorry folks that I haven't been super postive, but my comp access isn't the greatest right now.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 1:59 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Glad to see more out of big_kahunia. I apologize for being quieter lately, I'm at a conference and have 20-40 minutes access from the Sacramento library a day.

Now, that being said, I do *not* apologize for "exercising control" over the game, as Tamuz tried to characterize it. If I have any "authority", it is because other players let me have it and thus make their decisions for them.

Unvote
for now, just so I don't rush into a lynch on anyone. Will read more fully on Sunday, hopefully the forum will be more stable by then.
Retired as of October 2014.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2005 5:30 pm

Post by Stam »

big_kahunia wrote: Stam, I’m not sure quite yet. I have to
cautch
the bus in 9 minutes. So I don’t have time to write analysis of him.
Was this spelling error intentional?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 12:02 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Vote Count

2 - Kain (EnterYourNameHere, LML)
1 - LML (big_kahunia)
1 - Stam (Kain)

not voting:
Mr. Flay, Stam, Tamuz
Takes 4 to lynch.

[quote=”Mr. Flay”] just so I don't rush into a lynch on anyone[/quote]
No one is in danger. I think we have a good case against LML and EYNH. Most newbie game day 1s last about 4-5 pages. A point comes when we must lynch someone. We can’t go on arguing for 10 pages. Well, we could, but I doubt much would be gained from it. The mod may set a deadline if he gets here, but I don't know.
I’m saying we need to “rush” a lynch. Our lynch should be logical. The most suspicious person should be lynched day 1. I move that the most suspicious person is LML.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

er.. it always seems that I forget to change the ".." in the quotes.

btw: Stam - what do you mean? I was in a hurry. I didn't have time to correct it w/ spell check. I use MS word for my posts, except short ones like this.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 1:49 pm

Post by Stam »

ok, I guess it was a typo.
I just had a feeling you were trying to hint on the coaching theory in some wierd way, and I didn't know what to think about it.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Little too much analytical reading IMO Stam

Adressing Flay: Yeah, I know that the control you have is because nobody else is taking it, so you are stepping into the breach. I'm not really attacking you about that, I just get uneasy about people wielding more votes than their own in this game.

Big_k, you are right, we have as of now, done much of what a day1 should do, we have pressured some people and made them talk, and mayhaps slip up... along with the interesting bits of our own votes. That dance is full of mini-tells.

No vote for now, but if a deadline comes up I have a vote ready in a heartbeat
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2005 5:08 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Tamuz wrote:Big_k, you are right, we have as of now, done much of what a day1 should do, we have pressured some people and made them talk, and mayhaps slip up... along with the interesting bits of our own votes. That dance is full of mini-tells.
That's good info to have. What strikes me the most is the way people interact w/ each other. Some may indirectly support a player or directly support them. This is what scum like to do, the indirect one, cuz they don't want to be tied to each other. The problem w/ that is of course, that they are tied to each other. By looking at interactions, indirect/direct support, and voting patterns, many scum can be caught. But nothing is full-proof.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

big_kahunia wrote:I’m saying we need to “rush” a lynch. Our lynch should be logical. The most suspicious person should be lynched day 1. I move that the most suspicious person is LML.
Presumably, you meant to say "we don't need to rush a lynch"... and I agree. But I just don't want my vote, while I'm mostly absent, to help lynch an innocent. I'll reread, and likely revote, when I get back in town. Already I've seen something that makes me recalculate who I think are scum...
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2005 5:43 pm

Post by Stam »

Kain,
my idea when unvoting you was to see a bit more of your behavior with less pressure on you.
Since then you thanked me and then fell into a long silence.
This is not the kind of response I was looking for.
When I said I will try to open my mind to possibilities other than the LML/Kain pair I meant for you to take a part in this discussion.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon
Location: Anywhere inconvenient and always positioned to trip you.

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2005 6:11 pm

Post by Kain »

Stam, I'm just waiting for the rest of the town to go back reread the posts and figure out who the two scums are.I totally support Mr. Flay in his choice to go back and reread the thread- I think it is a very wise idea as it will help a person determine who is mafia and who is not. I'm fairly positive that you and EYNH are the scums...possibly LML(not as positive as I am about you two).So that is in repsonse to your inquiry to my silence and oh just one more thing to say-. I was kinda unable to use the computer starting thursday and ending today(saturday).I still live at home( cheap insurance rates) and I was banned from the comp until I did something.
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2005 10:43 am

Post by Tamuz »

Kain, I haven't forgotten about you at all. You are still here and even higher on my list after your small hiatus. As it was used against me "the I couldn't get on excuse is used all the time.... eventually it can't be right". Interesting how you post right after you were called out, but nothing before that, when that talk directly influences your fate.

As to your defense, 99% of what you say is "reread the thread". Guess what? I have... and the vibes I get from you, mixed with your actions under pressure, and then lack thereof when not under pressure drive me to re
vote: Kain

This is a third vote for you, if you have anything you have been saving, other than reread the thread; say it now. Quite frankly, in my eyes, you are the most guilty seeming. On top of that, I agree with Big_k's statement on "rushing" a lynch. At the moment, this is dead, nothing is happening. So--Here's to something.

Flay, Big_k, Stam & Kain, the ball is in your court now. Not that I'd expect the two lurkers currently voting for Kain to say much of anything.

(yes LML and EYNH, You are still in view)
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2005 12:01 pm

Post by Stam »

Kain,
let me get this straight - you were silent for 86 hours because you were banned from the computer, and when you were allowed back it happened to be less than half an hour after I adressed you? Very unlikely.
The only reason I don't kill you right now is that I don't want to end the day while Mr. Flay is away.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2005 8:38 pm

Post by Kain »

Um yes Stam- concidences do occur just like miracles do and other odd occurences.And please do lynch me Stam really I do insist- becuase then ( hopefully) the town will see you for the scum for that you are. Really I insist deal me the death blow and my death will most likely equal yours as well as it will be revealed that I am townie.
And Tamuz I have already stated or strongly hinted as to who I think is mafia several times- I dont' think theres much purpose to continue to point out why to yall if yall haven't figure out already hence another reason for my silence....and seriously I was banned from the computer for many hours.
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 10:24 am

Post by big_kahunia »

yeah Mr. Flay, I did mean that we don't need to rush into a lynch.
EYNH wrote: I am very suspicious of Kain's asking for a vote count. That, plus his previous post in which he FOSes and almost votes LML, makes me think he's a scum trying to see if he can jump on the LML bandwagon without getting "found out."
More evidence that EYNH and LML are scum. EYNH is trying to protect LML, voting Kain for asking for a vote count? Oh come on.

What’s the case against Kain? His retaliation against EYNH at the bottom of page 3 for EYNH's bs reason. I reread the thread and it only brought up more evidence that points to a LML-EYNH connection. I won't lynch anyone but one of those two for day 1. Folks, look at Lee's posts. One time he says he's all set to defend Kain and then votes him later? What happened that changed his views so fast? Going w/ the flow. He and EYNH are both voting the same person.
Neither of them have responded to my post (105). Their absence tells me they're scum.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 11:07 am

Post by Tamuz »

Aye, Big_k I haven't forgot their dissapearance, I even note that in my last post.

However, Kain's actions under pressure and his "coincidental" appearance/dissapearance bug me.

Maybe my newbieness is showing through, but I'd like to get moving. We are on *day1* and our thread is longer than most *finished* newbies.

Unvote: Kain
Vote: LoudMouthLee

2's here I believe
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 4:53 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Okay, I'm back. I'm really not liking Kain's lurking-and-then-returning, or LML's almost-gonna-vote-you.

What I "noticed" earlier is Stam fishing for theories that don't include the current ones going, and his backing off of Kain. So
Revote: Kain
to see what happens (that should be 3 of 4 needed?)...
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by Tamuz »

:P we are both yo-yoing on Kain.
First I go vote, then I unvote; there you step into the breach and vote, then you unvote... and boom! What d'ya know? I vote--and unvote, and now you vote again. Hehe, not really maki8ng abything of it, just finding it funny. Too bad we don't have activity from much of our town (LML & EYNH) 'else I believe it would be much easier to do something.

Moooo
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 7:20 pm

Post by Kain »

LOL oh this is really a quite funny. This is only my second game of mafia so I don't have much experience but in retrospect of this one I am quite amused at all the " hey let's vote for Kain!" And then soon follows the "Hey let's unvote kain and vote this guy or that guy." LOL! So yes Tamuz I find your yo-yoing very amusing.And Big K thank you for rereading the post and seeing that my posts made logical sense. You have some very good points concering EYNH and LML in your posts -some that I need to consider as I go back and reread the post.
And Happy memorial day everyone.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 7:23 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Tamuz wrote:Aye, Big_k I haven't forgot their dissapearance, I even note that in my last post.

However, Kain's actions under pressure and his "coincidental" appearance/dissapearance bug me.

Maybe my newbieness is showing through, but I'd like to get moving. We are on *day1* and our thread is longer than most *finished* newbies.

Unvote: Kain
Vote: LoudMouthLee

2's here I believe
By the way, you should be HAPPY. Most newbie games are not nearly this active.

I'm going to STAND BY MY THOUGHT that, IMHO, Stam and Tam are the Mafia. However, since no one trusts me, and I'm damned with any play I make, my vote is going to stay.

I have given sufficient reasons to why both have been acting scummy. No one even listens.

Bah.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”