Mini 847 Murder in Zachtown (Game over!)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:I think what YB is trying to say is that you can't expect her to answer for CSL's actions because she's not CSL - a statement which I agree with. I think her play has been perfectly fine...and I think we would be rather remiss if we were to lynch her when she's just arrived.
This is incredibly poor. Especially from someone who is in favour of policy lynching me. Lol

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

KittyMo wrote:Honestly, Battle Mage, I feel horrible. What can I do to get you to forgive me? :( :( :( :( :( :(
lol you can vote with me for the rest of the day. I think you're probably town anyway, so i might be willing to return the favour tomorrow.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:01 am

Post by KittyMo »

Fair enough.
unvote
Use it well.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Zachrulez »

17th vote count of day 1:

Netopolis - 4 (jasonT1981, DTMaster, Nikanor, Battle Mage)
Maemuki - 2 (hitogoroshi, yellowbunny)
Yellowbunny - 1 (Sotty7)
Battle Mage - 1 (Netopolis)
Kittymo - 1 (Haylen)
Hitogoroshi - 1 (Maemuki)
Nikanor - 1 (ckool5000)

Not voting (Kittymo)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Deadline is September 30th at 9pm central. No further extension will be granted.

Still looking for a replacement for ckool5000
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:04 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote: Netopalis
=S
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Netopalis »

Battle Mage wrote:just weighing in to say, i dont support the current wagon on Maemuki. Due to information from outside of the game, that has been brought to my attention recently, i think applying standard scumtells to Maemuki is a bad idea. I also feel that if anyone will be able to give an accurate read on Maemuki, it is Haylen. So, we need to hear from her.

I'm catching up now, but without the go-ahead from Haylen, i wont be voting Maemuki at deadline (whenever that is).

BM
Now wait just a cotton-picking minute. You spend the *entire* game going against Maemuki, then suddenly flip due to vague "outside information"???

And then you accuse me of being scum because *Nikanor* is scum???

??!?

????!!!!

!!!!!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yellowbunny wrote:@BM: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D
BM wrote:INCORRECT, INCORRECT, INCORRECT. Anyone who told you that "being wishy-washy" was a scumtell, should be strung up irl. It's one of the few strong towntells left these days...

<other stuff>
Haha, rather than feeding people utter BS, how about you ask around? This applies to everyone. Ask as many experienced players as you can whether being openly wishy-washy is a towntell or a scumtell, and i guarantee you that anyone worth their salt in mafia will tell you the same as i have.

Your last question hits the nail on the head. I think that 98% of players who are Mafia will try and play as honestly as possible as far as they can, on things that can be outright proven or disproven.

Please can i direct your attention to Appenine Mafia, in the New York forum. It's just finished, and we had a discussion like this earlier in that game. Once again, i was under attack for "wishy-washiness", and my stance was the same. It is a towntell. Needless to say, i was town there too.

It's fairly easy to understand why. The vast majority of scumbags-with the possible exception of vets, will play for consistency points, because, for a long time, people DID follow the wiki, and believed that any inconsistency regarding their suspicions would be viewed as scummy. It's for this reason too, that tunnel-visioning was often exploited by scum, in order to let them cruise through the game, without having to answer for much. See Ready Salted Mafia, also in the New York forum, for an example of BM-scum doing this, and getting to a 3 person endgame, only to be hammered by the remaining player. That was a long time ago though, and things have moved on since then.

Being openly inconsistent always attracts attention, and scum dont want lots of attention on them. Especially when they are naturally scummy-seeming players.

But, as i said, don't just take this from me. Ask Yosarian2/ MeMe/ Fonzie.
Okay, I can see your point about it ceasing to be a scum tell (scum learn its a scum tell, so avoid it). But I fail to see how its a town tell. If you're an intelligent scum (you = some scum in general, not you = BM), and know that being consistent is considered the new scum tell (for reasons you described), then you behave in a wishy-washy manner to avoid that. So according to your argument, that would seem that consistency in voting has devolved into a null-tell, no? Or am I missing something?
I take your point, and perhaps you are right. It's hard to explain, but in practice, i feel there is a mid-point, as below:

1. Inconsistency is deemed scummy.
2. Scum play consistently.
3. Consistency becomes deemed scummy.

I think we are at 2. That is, scum play for consistency points, because Consistency hasnt been widely-deemed a scumtell. The proof of this can be found with you, and countless others who didnt realise that consistency was scummy. Because the majority haven't worked it out yet, the majority of scumbags won't have caught on. So, i believe atm, Consistency still can be considered a scumtell, although that will inevitably change in time.
YB wrote:
BM wrote:Ya know what, thanks to you, i might actually reply to YB's big rant post TONIGHT. Very Happy
Aw, it isn't a rant -- its a comprehensive post. Its not my fault you gave me the most to comment on! :P Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions plz kk thx. ^^
Yeh, i never actually got round to it. Haha. Will do tonight perhaps.
YB wrote:
DT wrote:CSL = man to save the damsel in distress? Lol. That is an odd basis. Where did you get this from? Meta evidence? The only way you can base this mentality is that you know him. It's much more likely that CSL has a reason to defend Mae then anything.
I already explained my rational here. That was my best guess based on how CSL was behaving. CSL is town aligned, and he and Mae are not tied together in any way (ie they aren't a mason pair or anything like that) so that is my best guess.
Turns out this is true. CSL and Mae actually are lovers. Ironically, I was right all along. xD

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Netopalis »

Incidentally, since I'm at L-2, do you folks want a claim?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:10 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Ungh, the specter of 'out of game information' rears it's ugly head...as I said before, I'm really reluctant to lynch an active player with so many lurkers. That makes lurking a 'winning move', because of course someone who's posting content can have their posts dissected while people who are not posting never say anything scummy! For now, my vote's going to stay where it is. I know that a no-lynch is bad for town and because of the chaining you've mentioned we could get some information off of a Neto lynch, but to be quite frank I'm not currently comfortable lynching neto and giving scum a potential don't-talk pass. It will depend in part on what Haylen and Maemuki say, if anything. (and ck-replacement, if he/she is here before deadline.)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:just weighing in to say, i dont support the current wagon on Maemuki. Due to information from outside of the game, that has been brought to my attention recently, i think applying standard scumtells to Maemuki is a bad idea. I also feel that if anyone will be able to give an accurate read on Maemuki, it is Haylen. So, we need to hear from her.

I'm catching up now, but without the go-ahead from Haylen, i wont be voting Maemuki at deadline (whenever that is).

BM
Now wait just a cotton-picking minute. You spend the *entire* game going against Maemuki, then suddenly flip due to vague "outside information"???
Lol, i havent spent the entire game going against Maemuki. I thought she was worth pursuing early on. My vote hasn't been on her for ages. Previously i was voting YellowBunny. Who is still probably scum.
Netopalis wrote: And then you accuse me of being scum because *Nikanor* is scum???

??!?

????!!!!

!!!!!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not BECAUSE Nikanor is scum. Although i feel if you flip scum, he will definitely be worth pursuing. I dont see any need to post a case on you atm. But, you can answer the following:

Who else should we be lynching today?
Why are you not casting a remotely useful vote?

From the VC, im not sure we have alot of other choice today. There's no alternative wagons out there. So, you should probably claim too. If you're a Cop or something, i might consider taking my vote(s) off. ;)

Also, thanks Kitty. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:Incidentally, since I'm at L-2, do you folks want a claim?
Let's put it like this: Claim Cop, or die.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:19 am

Post by KittyMo »

hitogoroshi wrote:Ungh, the specter of 'out of game information' rears it's ugly head...as I said before, I'm really reluctant to lynch an active player with so many lurkers. That makes lurking a 'winning move', because of course someone who's posting content can have their posts dissected while people who are not posting never say anything scummy! For now, my vote's going to stay where it is. I know that a no-lynch is bad for town and because of the chaining you've mentioned we could get some information off of a Neto lynch, but to be quite frank I'm not currently comfortable lynching neto and giving scum a potential don't-talk pass. It will depend in part on what Haylen and Maemuki say, if anything. (and ck-replacement, if he/she is here before deadline.)
QFT. I wish my vote was on someone else, but I may be biased because I <3 Neto.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hitogoroshi wrote:Ungh, the specter of 'out of game information' rears it's ugly head...as I said before, I'm really reluctant to lynch an active player with so many lurkers. That makes lurking a 'winning move', because of course someone who's posting content can have their posts dissected while people who are not posting never say anything scummy! For now, my vote's going to stay where it is. I know that a no-lynch is bad for town and because of the chaining you've mentioned we could get some information off of a Neto lynch, but to be quite frank I'm not currently comfortable lynching neto and giving scum a potential don't-talk pass. It will depend in part on what Haylen and Maemuki say, if anything. (and ck-replacement, if he/she is here before deadline.)
My issue with this is my recently completely Large Normal - Appenine Mafia. We basically lost because we felt obliged to lynch lurkers, and the active mafia cruised to victory. Lurking isnt a horrendous problem in this game, and frankly, a lurker is more useful to the town than Neto anyway.

And yes, while you mention Ckool-i could see him as scum. His "for the good of the town" post was very wierd...

If you switch your vote to him, or better still, Yellowbunny, i might be willing to hop over there at deadline. But i'm not allowing Maemuki to be lynched without the go-ahead from Haylen.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, I've posted cases on you numerous times. I'm not going to reiterate it. I think that you're an illogical player, a bully and you smell of pea soup.

With that in mind, I'm not going to claim just based on *your* post. I want to know what the *town* thinks, and you don't quite seem to understand that you are not the town.

I am not casitng a "useful vote" as you put it because I'm not 100% convinced on Maemuki. If it comes to deadline, sure, I'll vote for her. That being said, I don't feel that strongly about it and would really just do so because I think that it's slightly more likely than not that she's scum.

I'm not voting for Nikanor because I don't want to be accused of an OMGUS attack or some sort of bussing play being read into my posts which, I assure you, is not there because I am most certainly town.

None of the other players really strike me as that scummy, although I am incredibly disappointed that Kittymo let you bully her into voting as you wish and not based on how she actually feels.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:No...but I don't see *her* actions as scummy and I don't see people attacking her for *her* actions - I see people attacking her for CSL's actions which were indeed scummy.
This post indicates that you really aren't following the game at all....

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Netopalis »

That post was 4 pages back. That indicates that *you* aren't following the game at all, if you're just now jumping on that.

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Maemuki »

Battle Mage wrote:just weighing in to say, i dont support the current wagon on Maemuki. Due to information from outside of the game, that has been brought to my attention recently, i think applying standard scumtells to Maemuki is a bad idea.
lolwhy? Wait.
WHAT THE HECK DID HAYL (assuming that it was her) TELL YOU?
I also feel that if anyone will be able to give an accurate read on Maemuki, it is Haylen. So, we need to hear from her.
Why? *turns head*

BM
*turns head again* Why?

---
Trying to write a wall of text on why Day 2 will be much harder if you guys lynch me. Half of it is done.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Netopalis »

Maemuki wrote: Trying to write a wall of text on why Day 2 will be much harder if you guys lynch me. Half of it is done.
Well, that settles it. Nothing would please me more than having fewer walls and more relevant discussion.

Unvote, vote: Maemuki
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:30 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Battle Mage wrote:
My issue with this is my recently completely Large Normal - Appenine Mafia. We basically lost because we felt obliged to lynch lurkers, and the active mafia cruised to victory. Lurking isnt a horrendous problem in this game, and frankly, a lurker is more useful to the town than Neto anyway.

And yes, while you mention Ckool-i could see him as scum. His "for the good of the town" post was very wierd...

If you switch your vote to him, or better still, Yellowbunny, i might be willing to hop over there at deadline. But i'm not allowing Maemuki to be lynched without the go-ahead from Haylen.

BM
That's entirely fair. I can certainly understand that an obligation to lynch lurkers is an over-reaction. And Maemuki isn't the only lurker out there.

unvote.

It would be unfair to lynch c-kool replacement at deadline, perhaps, but he's been lurking just as bad.

Normally I keep it rather secret how I figure out how I want to lynch. But as we want more activity, I'll make my voting guidelines, in this rare case, completely explicit.

If this Neto case convinces me (and it hasn't so far) I'll vote him. If this Haylen thing doesn't pan out (that is, if Hayl doesn't give some reason not to lynch Mae) I'm voting Mae. And if YB doesn't post between now and deadline, or if one of her posts rubs me the wrong way, I'll vote her. The second half can be said of c-kool replacement (I won't vote c-kool if a replacement doesn't show up, but replacements tend to say a lot in the first content post and I would, again only in this rare situation, be willing to vote/lynch off of a single scummy post.) Trumping all of these is that a lynch is better than a no-lynch, although there are one or two people that I'm sure enough are town (I'm sure as hell not saying these names!) that I would break this for.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:Well, I've posted cases on you numerous times. I'm not going to reiterate it. I think that you're an illogical player, a bully and you smell of pea soup.
I've given you ample opportunity to do something helpful. All you've done is whinge and whine and attempted to bait me. Instead of playing mafia, you've tried to start a personal conflict, and shown that you are unwilling to give people a chance. I'm not an illogical player, but i'll concede that being a bully is sometimes necessary in this game. *shrug*

But, if you want an example of something completely devoid of logic, how about this:
Netopalis wrote: With that in mind, I'm not going to claim just based on *your* post. I want to know what the *town* thinks, and you don't quite seem to understand that you are not the town.
You dont seem to realise how ridiculous your request is. IF you were town, you'd know that claiming may be essential to save your ass. Are you going to trust the judgement of people who want you lynched? Likewise, what kind of answer do you expect from people who aren't part of your wagon?

I dont see any reason for someone who is town, to ask whether they should claim or not. It's just an attempt to appeal and look compliant.
Netopalis wrote: I am not casitng a "useful vote" as you put it because I'm not 100% convinced on Maemuki. If it comes to deadline, sure, I'll vote for her. That being said, I don't feel that strongly about it and would really just do so because I think that it's slightly more likely than not that she's scum.
Who said anything about Maemuki being the only useful vote? I dont think she is even that! :P

You feel there is a more than 50% chance she is scum? Your vote should be on her. It isn't. Because you are talking utter trash.
Netopalis wrote: I'm not voting for Nikanor because I don't want to be accused of an OMGUS attack or some sort of bussing play being read into my posts which, I assure you, is not there because I am most certainly town.
Haha, if you are town, why are you afraid to vote Nikanor because you might look scummy?
Netopalis wrote: None of the other players really strike me as that scummy, although I am incredibly disappointed that Kittymo let you bully her into voting as you wish and not based on how she actually feels.
Appeal to emotion. It's for the best anyway. As she herself acknowledged-her personal opinion on you has affected her read. This way, she can move her vote as she wishes, without you guilt-tripping her. Which btw, is terrible form. :x

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Netopalis »

Fine, then. I'll claim. Great job, you just outed your Doc.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:That post was 4 pages back. That indicates that *you* aren't following the game at all, if you're just now jumping on that.
I've been V/LA. I'm catching up now. Are you really attacking me based on activity, when your case on me rides solely on the fact that i post alot? lmao :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:Fine, then. I'll claim. Great job, you just outed your Doc.
Lol, not sure i'm buying it. It's THE classic scum claim on Day 1.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Netopalis »

Fine. Lynch me if you want. I'm out of here for a few hours, I need to get some work done.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Netopalis wrote:
Maemuki wrote: Trying to write a wall of text on why Day 2 will be much harder if you guys lynch me. Half of it is done.
Well, that settles it. Nothing would please me more than having fewer walls and more relevant discussion.

Unvote, vote: Maemuki
this, from Mr Spam himself? rofl
Netopalis wrote: Fine. Lynch me if you want. I'm out of here for a few hours, I need to get some work done.
Do you have a better idea? Your role is a detriment until we get a claimed cop.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”