sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:07 am

Post by sigma »

I'm sure he had the actual PM, but there's nothing preventing the mod from sending that to people who don't have a vanilla role. That's the whole point of a safeclaim, which it seems to me is borderline mandatory in games where the vanilla PM isn't quoted in the rules. I would think RC would have done that to prevent confirmation.

Competent mods don't let games get screwed up by PM-quoting.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Ojanen »

DRK should absolutely not be hammered on the basis of this. It looks prettty obvious that the mod has given different rolenames to town aligned players. I've seen that done several times before.
This is also not a strict confirmation of anyone, since RC could have easily given mafiosos town-aligned model role pm(s). Let's wait for RC's ruling, but hammering on the basis of the townie rolename is absolutely terrible imo.
Also no unnecessary heavy hinting of being vanilla, please.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:10 am

Post by sigma »

I also don't think he is scum and have said as much before the claim.
Why'd you say this then?
The football stuff is what made me say DRK wasn't the lynch
That's what I was responding to.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Ojanen »

Can't resist posting this mod WIFOM though:
I think there's a reason why vanilla pm isn't quoted in first post. (different rolenames)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

sigma Post 550 wrote:
Competent mods don't let games get screwed up by PM-quoting.
Very true. We just disagree on DRK then.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Sotty7 »

sigma Post 552 wrote:
I also don't think he is scum and have said as much before the claim.
Why'd you say this then?
The football stuff is what made me say DRK wasn't the lynch
That's what I was responding to.
The second quote of me came right after DRK made his claim in my eyes just enforced that he wasn't scum. However, your point about competent mods rings true. I have never played under Red before, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of Mod that would make a mistake like this as far as the role PMs go.

So my confidence in DRK not being scum has been downgraded again, but I still think he is likely town
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Ojanen wrote:Also no unnecessary heavy hinting of being vanilla, please.
I'm afraid, it already happened.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Ojanen »

Col.Cathart wrote:
Ojanen wrote:Also no unnecessary heavy hinting of being vanilla, please.
I'm afraid, it already happened.
I know. :x
Should have said no more unnecessary etc.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ojanen Post 553 wrote:Can't resist posting this mod WIFOM though:
I think there's a reason why vanilla pm isn't quoted in first post. (different rolenames)
Looks that way.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

All players in this game were given the official "Vanilla Townie" role PM, so there was/is nothing to prevent any non-town/town sided roles "confirming" with role PM flavor,
except
for the fact that it was intended to be (as I'm sure all players expect it to be) against the rules. That being said, DRK seems to have attempted to get around this rule by paraphrasing, which, unlike quoting, wasn't explicitly forbidden. Regardless as to DRK's role, it was not my intention for any player to be seen as any more or less likely to be a certain role outside of their own merits.

The question then became whether or not it was in the spirit of the rule that paraphrasing should be assumed prohibited as well, but for the sake of maintaining the game's integrity, taking into account the likelihood of DRK being lynched, wanting not to use the modkill to disrupt gameplay, and giving DRK every benefit of the doubt that my rules were unclear, I decided not to intervene at all, worried that my intervention could unfairly harm the game's balance; This obviously can no longer be avoided. I apologize to all the players of the game because I wrote the rules out myself and, thus, should've taken more time to look over them before using them in the game.

It is my judgment that this day can no longer be continued fairly to all players present, and DeathRowKitty,
Vanilla Townie
, will be removed from play without prejudice.

The game will now be moved to the Night Two phase.
The game will continue with the understanding to all players that any more mention of flavor, regardless as to whether all players have access to said flavor or not, role PMs, or Mod PMs, outside of the context of claiming a role and one's powers, will result in immediate modkills.
No posts will be edited or deleted by me in any way,
and no further in-game discussion about the matter is necessary nor permitted (under penalty of modkill).

If
any
living player, feels as though themselves and/or their party can no longer compete fairly, I will end the game, release the players, and assume full responsibility for the stoppage. In other words, any and all PMs made to me regarding this issue will be read only by me and will no names will be published in the thread.

Edit: The rules have been edited to account for this, please refer to them again, specifically the prohibitions section.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"...and pre-season football", DeathRowKitty said, with a mischievous grin on his face. The eyes of some of the town members collectively widened, thinking that only true townies would be interested in pre-season football. "Hmmm...", pondered Cruciare, "this doesn't mean anything!", cried sigma, and the town began to argue some more. With dusk approaching, headlights could be seen far into the distance. The next second, twilight had struck Lynchem, far earlier than it ever had. The headlights drew closer and closer, multiple cars in the form of a convoy headed straight for town central. sigma spoke up once more, "I called someone I know, Red Coyote, Texas Ranger, to help settle this... but I didn't expect this". The vehicles could be seen and heard well now, only several feet away from the gathering as everyone backed quickly away from DeathRowKitty. The three dark, black Hummers hardly slowed down, leaving a trail of thick dust and dirt wafting in the air as they circled DeathRowKitty. Through the dust cloud, it was hard to make out what was going on, but the Hummers appeared to stop for just a moment. Driving away as quickly as they arrived, unidentified people are heard coughing and asking what was happening. When the dust finally settles, DeathRowKitty is no longer amongst them, and all that's left is a strange note:

The nine remaining players looked at one another, and then hurried back to their houses for the night.

Final Day 2 Vote Count
  • DeathRowKitty
    (Cruciare - imaginality - sigma - Col.Cathart - charter)

Cruciare
    (
    charter
    - Sotty7)

charter
    (Vi - Ojanen)

imaginality
    (DeathRowKitty)

Col.Cathart
    (Porkens)
With ten alive, it takes six to lynch.

There is no lynch (modkill), but the day has been officially ended.
Night 2 has begun, the thread is locked, and all night actions must be submit before is
October 1st
at or around 12 PM Noon CST.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Let me attempt to clarify this once more after having slept on it and coming back to the situation. Discussion doesn't have to cease on the happenings of the end of Day 2, the only message I really want to get across is that every player in this game received the "Vanilla Townie" post, and it was my judgment that, because I wasn't clear enough about that aspect of the game to begin with, it would've necessarily given compromised perceptions of DRK based not on DRK's play but on the way the game itself was created.

There was
nothing wrong
with any of the discussion that happened after the fact, DRK essentially pushed on an area that I felt wasn't made clear and open enough to everyone from the beginning of the game, and it is my judgment that more action was necessary than just an explanation in order to rectify it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Dawn breaks. imaginality walks hurriedly down Center Street, hoping to be first arrive downtown. During his walk, he notices what appears to be someone running down the alleyway. He pursues the shadowy figure, hoping to become the town's hero (or hoping to find a fall guy?). He stays in lockstep, turning the corner to follow the mysterious figure, when suddenly he feels a striking blow across his forehead. He can't quite make out the face, but he was definitely hit was the butt of a pistol. He tries to reach out, but he finds himself dazed and buried in a... sandbox? His mother calls out to him, "imaginality, get inside this house!"

There's a knock on the door, imaginality gets out of bed and hurries downstairs. The whole town is out front, and Sotty speaks up first, "...and that's eight."

The last house is Ojanen's, and the town doesn't have to go far to understand the delay. Still sitting on her porch swing, Ojanen's lifeless body is a harsh reminder of work left to be done. charter steps up, opening her purse cautiously to look for clues to her side. He pulls out a Dallas Cowboys pre-season television schedule, and that was all the town needed to see to confirm her as a
Vanilla Townie

Day 3
  • Not Voting
    (Cruciare - imaginality - sigma - Col.Cathart - Sotty7 - charter - Vi - Porkens)
With eight alive, it takes five to lynch.
The current deadline is set for
October 15th
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Ojanen »

Bah. :(
Town gogogo.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Vote: Col. C

Never did get around to those thoughts. Rode that all the way to the bank.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:33 am

Post by charter »

I am going to start out with a
Vote Vi
because I think there is more support for a Vi wagon than Cruciare and also because I thought post 541 was incredibly fishy. More from me later.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Vi »

charter 565 wrote:I am going to start out with a
Vote Vi
because I think there is more support for a Vi wagon than Cruciare and also because I thought post 541 was incredibly fishy. More from me later.
I'd love to know why.

charter is effectively confirmed Town, so my suspect list is down to... one and one quarter people. imaginality is the 1/4. The 1 is...

Vote: Porkens
(L-4)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:charter is effectively confirmed Town
how?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by Vi »

Porkens 567 wrote:
Vi wrote:charter is effectively confirmed Town
how?
...actually, I believe I misread.
RedCoyote 561 wrote:every player in this game received the "Vanilla Townie" post
@mod: Please explain this.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

It's self-explanatory, isn't it?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Vi »

Porkens 568 wrote:It's self-explanatory, isn't it?
I would like clarification.
If it's what I think it's saying, my reads are going to jumble again.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

All players, regardless of alignment, had recieved the "Vanilla Townie" role PM and the flavor that went along with it. Because I wasn't clear enough about that in the rules, D2 was ended before any speculation about that could take place.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:00 am

Post by Porkens »

charter wrote:I am going to start out with a
Vote Vi
oh charter, at least your honest.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vote: Vi

I agree with charter about 541.

I will echo Porkens in wanting to hear from CC today. I am also interested in who Sigma finds scummy now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Vi »

RedCoyote 571 wrote:
All players, regardless of alignment, had recieved the "Vanilla Townie" role PM and the flavor that went along with it. Because I wasn't clear enough about that in the rules, D2 was ended before any speculation about that could take place.
That... screws up a lot of things.

I have a lot of questions now, almost all of which will be seen as anti-Town. So instead I'm going to let some other people talk for a while.

Sotty, what did you and imaginality talk about last Night?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”