Mini 855: Colorless Rainbow Town (Halted for list mod error)

Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Raivann »

Dizzle wrote:
Raivann wrote:
Dizzle wrote:I agree with cruelty here, proclaiming Fuzzy as leaning town seems premature given his, and the general, lack of posts. I look forward to hearing Raivann's reasoning.
Voting me for giving a town read on someone? Giving town reads on players is protown and my scumdar is operating at maximum effectiveness.
Yeah, not sure what this is all about as neither I nor cruelty have voted for you. It seems that your scumdar is in need of repair.

Also, do you have any other thoughts on the discussion since you last checked in?
I take back what I said earlier about being able to read.
I really need to get caught up and reread thread.
Scien wrote: I don't get why you think that giving town reads is protown... How so?
I've noticed that your saying 'meh' and 'eh' less than the game we played where you were scum.
I just finished a game and it worked pretty well. Check it out, it's only like 12 pages...
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12253

I haven't been ignoring questions on purpose. Will answer questions sometime tonight.

@d3x- I said another because I thought you were buddying up to Manz there in the beginning, I only read thread once though.
I've been just spitting out my thoughts in my posts.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Raivann »

Scien wrote: So. Fuzzy just voted for Zee because of one action. Similiar in my eyes to the way that dx3 FoSed you for one action of not explaining a concern. What makes one person "come up with a case out of thin air" and the other have a position that you think is townish? Just the fact that one was targeting you?
meh, no. I agree with Fuzzy on Zee. Disagree with d3x on me.
Chinaman wrote:alright, I have been announced officially now and have read through this game once so far....I now have headache. Some is due to the back and forth which seems to have occurred rapidly, and the other is due to the damned yellow and pink colors used by ZEE. I don't mind highlighting the tread and all, but just looking at the color gives me a headache. You do not have to do anything I ask Zee, but pretty please with a cherry on top, stop using the yellow. I'm begging you man. On my proverbial knees and everything.

Anyway, like I said, I made it through and am pretty much current. Not being involved in the first 7 pages of discussion, it's hard to get as good a read on anyone as of yet. I am going to re-read, and come back with some questions and comments. My predecessor made one post and that was an RVS vote on the now current bandwagon. I do not yet know how I feel about him, but I have read some good points made by you all about some scummy things he's doing. In my first read through, I had to agree with most of the points on him, but as I haven't had a chance to ask him any questions or come up with a solid argument for why I am on the wagon, I must
UNVOTE
till I feel that the vote on him is from me and not left over from Sweep.
Townie post.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Scien »

Raivann wrote:I've noticed that your saying 'meh' and 'eh' less than the game we played where you were scum.
Heh, you should see me in real life... I meh and eh more there than I do as scum here LOL.

Ok. I'll give you a chance to reread. My vote stays until I start doubting my read though.

As for your link, I'll give 'er a read tomorrow. As it stands currently, I still think it is a bad idea to ask for townie lists... One question in the meantime though. If you think its a good idea, is the only thing holding you back the fact that you haven't responded to Monkey yet? Or are you withholding for other reasons?

As it stands at the moment... I think that your views on people suspecting you are negative... and your views on the people saying they might not suspect you are positive. Don't know what to think about that...

(Fuzzy points elsewhere... You think this is townie.
D3x points you... you think scum.
Chinaman unvotes you... you think townie.)

I assume some of my suspicion is based on the fact that you have not been keeping up... and so have just been commenting on what is extremely important to you (self-preservation), which is inherently neither townie or scummy. So I am interested in your views as you catch up. However, until that happens and your plays change my mind, my vote stays.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Scien »

Requote for clarity:
Heh, you should see me in real life... I meh and eh more there than I do as scum here LOL.

Heh, you should see me in real life... I 'meh' and 'eh' more IRL than I do in mafia, as scum or townie. LOL.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Raivann »

For Raivann:

1. Has your opinion on d3x changed since you fingered him earlier?

Yes, actually.
unvote

2. Why are you so hesitant to summarize the manczar case? D3x correctly stated that it was supicious that you voted without any real explanation of understanding the case against him.

When did I vote Manz ?

3. Do you think it is more likely that scum would hammer you at L-1 or that an overzealous town would(if you are town).

Hmmm... Don't really know about that one.

5. Who are your top 3 scum suspects at this point. And who do you think are the top 3 towniest players?

probscum=Zeenon,MM

probtown= China, Fuzzy

6. If you were to be lynched, and flipped town, who do you think would be the most suspicious?
Probably MM for saying I was lurking for not posting over the weekend, then voting me.

Hopefully I wont get lynched just yet.
P.S.I usually look scummy. Hell I've been reading my posts and even I think I'm scummy.
Go ahead and lynch me but be forwarned you're just gonna find out that I'm a townie.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by cruelty »

Raivann wrote: P.S.I usually look scummy. Hell I've been reading my posts and even I think I'm scummy.
Go ahead and lynch me but be forwarned you're just gonna find out that I'm a townie.

Ugh, I don't like statements like that. Very WIFOM.

I think that if you're not scum, you're dangerous to town anyway in that you appear scummy, you admit to appearing scummy and you were drawing conclusions very early in the game with very little information.

vote: Raivann
the nexus of the crisis
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

I agree with cruelty in that wifomish confessions of scumminess are bad. I also disagree with the notion that one needs to have a vote on somebody before being questioned on their reasoning. You have also succeeded in ignoring others' correct ideas that giving protown reads is townish. I think Scien's theory of you supporting causes that point away from you is plausible, but not quite there yet.

Convince me to keep my vote off of you.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I'm going to have to agree here. I did not like that my name came up on your probtown list. A: I personally felt it was buddying. Just something off about it. I have posted once and that post happened to remove a vote from your train. That doesn't make me town, it makes me want my vote to be mine not my predecessors. B: This puts a huge target on my back. If you are town, scum knows it. If you think I'm town and say so, it gives scum a very nice shopping list. Especially if you are lynched and flip town.

What do you feel you accomplished toward reaching a town goal by naming myself and Fuzzy on your probtown list? Especially when you have a fairly large bandwagon on you. On the flip side, how about your probscum list. I'm not saying I disagree with your names, I'm just wondering how it helps town currently. What are your cases on them? Why should their actions be viewed as more scummy than yours? (not calling you scummy at this point, just looking for answers)
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well herro there.
I've read up and there's a bunch of things I'd like ot bring up.
The first thing is the debate between MM and M (My predecessor)
Almost every player here at one point or another has suggested that they thought that one or the other was town. But most of those players then go back and put suspicion, or at least, keep talking about, that initial conversation anyways.
That is BAD TOWN PLAY. Town play should look at what originally happened, make a decision about it, and instead of just going around in circles, look at how everyone ELSE looked at it.
For example, Scien's first couple posts in the game were completely focused on getting MM and M to attack each other more. He put out no opinion of his own - even when he did start agreeing with people, he never built onto the suggestions or opinions others were building on. This leaves him absolutely Scotch Free if those cases later turn into mislynches. That's scumplay.

Additionally, Raivann got pushed up awful quickly in votes after a certain incident happened:

In Zeenon's latest post-count-boosting batch of mini-posts, he answered almost every statement and put out additional inquiries except one:
ZEEnon wrote:
Raivann wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:
Scien's questioning can both be seen a pro-town and scummy, in my opinion. I have a null tell on him/her.
Why did you post this?
Before I answer, let me ask you a question. In what situation would posting this be bad?
This would be really inconsequential, except:
Scien wrote:

In light of current game state, and due to the fact that my vote is still RVS, I am going to want to revote:
Unvote: d3x

Vote: Raivann

I believe that vote is the fourth (L-3) judging from last vote count.

The town read is suspicious (even if I am dittoing everyone).
The jumping on d3x while feeling Fuzzy pro-town is suspicious.
The mistake about Manz vote placement, is curious.
The unexplained first dx3 "scummy post", is curious.
Right afterwards Scien voted Raivann. Zeenon has not been back to explain and in the meanwhile, while I'm not sure what's going on, Raivann is being under scrutiny for no reason that I Can see except that SCien just 'decided' to vote him. Raivann is one of the players who spent most of their posts trying to keep people focused on MM nad M (see post 80 for example), so it's not like I think he's above suspicion, however,

I think he asked a pretty good question of Zeenon and Scien's response to that question (And Zeenon's stalling of it) put BOTH of them into my "potential partners" category. A third player is also acting suspiciously in regards to those two, but I'd rather look at them first and then incorporate the third later.

(I'm replacing MAnzcar bytheway. Chinaman posted before he officially replaced Sweep so I imagine it's okay if I do the same, I have my role and everything)
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Scien »

Welcome Skruffs.
Skruffs wrote:For example, Scien's first couple posts in the game were completely focused on getting MM and M to attack each other more. He put out no opinion of his own - even when he did start agreeing with people, he never built onto the suggestions or opinions others were building on. This leaves him absolutely Scotch Free if those cases later turn into mislynches. That's scumplay.
I would like to see where you think I was doing that. At the time I believed they were both blowing stuff up, and I was asking questions to see if I could figure out a motive for that. I believe I have already expressed something to that regard in this thread, effectively 'putting out my opinion'.

As for me ignoring the other people reading meaning in that initial fight, since I believed that both people were town vs town, and were arguing about stuff that they didn't even say initially, any meaning derived out of it was faulty anyway. I was not going to subscribe to cases build using arguments about things that didn't even happen.

So you are basically saying here that the fact that I didn't participate in the blowing things up, and get involved on one side or the other is scummy? What if I believe that it was town vs town, and I was just looking at the motives of the sidelines, and verifying my thoughts on MM and Manz every once in a while? Which is more scummy in your eyes? Getting involved and taking a side in an argument that is just a bunch of hot air, or staying out of it and looking elsewhere?

Just as a final note, to reiterate, I think that fight was town-vs-town. That is my opinion, and always was.
Skruffs wrote:Raivann is being under scrutiny for no reason that I Can see except that SCien just 'decided' to vote him.
That is an interesting observation. I was the fourth vote. There is a fifth on him now. You single my vote as his only scrutiny? Why am I targeted there? A good deal of the town is suspicious of him. What's your motive for incorrectly trying to single me out here?

Besides that, I have listed my concerns, and other people have mentioned their griefs. How is that not scrutiny?

I don't understand this point of yours...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Skruffs »

I singled your vote because your vote came immediately after Zeenon 'passed' on answering the question Raivann asked about why Zeenon thought you were 'null' if your behavior was striking him as both town AND scum. The implications seem pretty obvious to me.

You also tried to 'pass' discussing this at all. This is bad for You, because if someone was saying "This person is both townish and scummy, I'm not going to talk abou tthem", and then passed on further qualifying, *I* would personally be worried that that person might be a scum trying to lay the rails down for a "one-two" mafia lynch later on. IE - YOU should be getting on Zeenon as well, NOT targetting Raivann. My post was to Completely bring out into hte open, something that I see as now TWO (maybe more) players trying to sweep under the carpet. Sinec both players in that partnership, Zeenon, AND scien, have both now tried to avoid that situation by focusin on *everything* else, my suspicions are much more concrete.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Scien »

Skruffs wrote:I singled your vote because your vote came immediately after Zeenon 'passed' on answering the question Raivann asked about why Zeenon thought you were 'null' if your behavior was striking him as both town AND scum. The implications seem pretty obvious to me.
Okay... I have not been on him because that was an obvious miswording. I don't even understand how someone can be both townie AND scummy... and naturally assumed that this was not his intended meaning. How can someone be both?

I'm not deliberately trying to defend him here, I am trying to defend myself, but I am making an assumption about what he meant by that phrase. I think he was trying to say that my questioning was inherently neither pro-town nor pro-scum and suggest that he had not made up his mind on me yet. In other words, he screwed up the conjunction, he meant OR, not AND. By me making this assumption that he misworded when he made that statement, I guess I don't see what I should be concerned about. What does him using 'and' imply?

You are suggesting that that statement was setting up some kind of chain lynch scenario? How? I just don't see it. If I don't see it, I can't be concerned about it.

Should I be concerned that you might be doing this chain lynch suggestion here? I think so.

Now back to you:
Singling me out is fair I guess if you have concerns with my play. But do you honestly think that my vote is the only scrutiniziation that Raivann is receiving? Have I not explained why I was voting? Have not other people? I don't think its fair for you to say that there is no legitimate concerns that I have of Raivann, and suggest that I have not made them known.

Also, in the past two posts, you have suggested that I should have either attacked your predecessor, or Monkey if I was townie, then followed it up with I should have attacked Zee. Why all these suggestions about who I should have attacked? I've asked questions to all you are pointing at. Even have some serious ones out to Zee at the moment I believe. Why do I need to be so aggressive for you to believe me town?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Scien »

I don't even understand how someone can be both townie AND scummy

I don't even understand how someone can appear both townie AND scummy.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Raivann »

cruelty wrote:
Raivann wrote: P.S.I usually look scummy. Hell I've been reading my posts and even I think I'm scummy.

Ugh, I don't like statements like that. Very WIFOM.

I think that if you're not scum, you're dangerous to town anyway in that you appear scummy, you admit to appearing scummy and you were drawing conclusions very early in the game with very little information.

vote: Raivann
Well at least your not fencesitting anymore.
Just hoping on the popular wagon with a reason that I've been drawing conclusions on day 1.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Skruffs wrote:I singled your vote because your vote came immediately after Zeenon 'passed' on answering the question Raivann asked about why Zeenon thought you were 'null' if your behavior was striking him as both town AND scum. The implications seem pretty obvious to me.

You also tried to 'pass' discussing this at all. This is bad for You, because if someone was saying "This person is both townish and scummy, I'm not going to talk abou tthem", and then passed on further qualifying, *I* would personally be worried that that person might be a scum trying to lay the rails down for a "one-two" mafia lynch later on. IE - YOU should be getting on Zeenon as well, NOT targetting Raivann. My post was to Completely bring out into hte open, something that I see as now TWO (maybe more) players trying to sweep under the carpet. Sinec both players in that partnership, Zeenon, AND scien, have both now tried to avoid that situation by focusin on *everything* else, my suspicions are much more concrete.
Are you playing this game? I don't see you on the roster.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Scien »

He's the Manz replacement. It just isn't announced yet.
Skruffs wrote:(I'm replacing MAnzcar bytheway. Chinaman posted before he officially replaced Sweep so I imagine it's okay if I do the same, I have my role and everything)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:52 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ah, ok.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Scien »

Are you still catching up Raivann?
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

MOD NOTE: Skruffs has replaced Manzcar.

Vote count in a few minutes.

Note to self: Tell replacements not to post until I announce them.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Skruffs »

Scien wrote:
Okay... I have not been on him because that was an obvious miswording. I don't even understand how someone can be both townie AND scummy... and naturally assumed that this was not his intended meaning. How can someone be both?
If he said you were both, you should have been asking this question, to him, yourself. That's part of why I'm suspicious. Why weren't YOU suspicious?
Scien wrote: I'm not deliberately trying to defend him here, I am trying to defend myself, but I am making an assumption about what he meant by that phrase. I think he was trying to say that my questioning was inherently neither pro-town nor pro-scum and suggest that he had not made up his mind on me yet. In other words, he screwed up the conjunction, he meant OR, not AND. By me making this assumption that he misworded when he made that statement, I guess I don't see what I should be concerned about. What does him using 'and' imply?
You are in effect both switching out conjunctives AND reversing his statement:
He said:
ZEEnon wrote:
Scien's questioning can both be seen a pro-town and scummy, in my opinion. I have a null tell on him/her.
You said he said:
scien wrote:I think he was trying to say that my questioning was inherently neither pro-town nor pro-scum and suggest that he had not made up his mind on me yet.
This is making me Very suspicious. First: We are lookign for people who are both town and scum, because ALL players are going to try to act town. Scummy players try to act town while still getting pro-scum results. So ZEEnon saying that you were both pro town AND scummy SHOULD HAVE made him say, "And that's suspicious", instead of disregarding it in the same sentence.
You are suggesting that that statement was setting up some kind of chain lynch scenario? How? I just don't see it. If I don't see it, I can't be concerned about it.
How did you get a chain-lynch scenario out of that? And who are you referencing to? Zeenon was actively distancing/derailing from you there, Raivann could be conceptually setting up a chain-lynch scenario, but I do not believe that that was his plan at all sinec neither he, nor zeenon, nor you put more than a sentence towards that line of questioning before I came in. I believe that forcing the idea of a 'chain lynch' scenario is distracting from the situation as it really happened by trying to put malevolent impetus on Raivann, who is currently at the highest number of votes.
Should I be concerned that you might be doing this chain lynch suggestion here? I think so.
The only chain lynch that could be suggested would start with Zeenon and end with you if Zeenon is guilty. But since the only questions you have asked Zeenom have been actually directed towards teh MM and M quandary, it seems very, very clear to me that you do not think that Zeenon could be mafia. If you did think he was mafia, or at least, if you were town and thought he was mafia, you would have taken more of an interest in him suspiciously, rather than playing him off of the other players. Concordantly, if you were town and saw him buddying up to you, shouldn't you be concerned?

I believe my line of questions is based almost entirely on you and Zeenon being too comfortable with each other this early in the game. There *should* be subconcious distrust, however, you two seem to be working as a team to goad other players into being more outspoken.
Now back to you:
Singling me out is fair I guess if you have concerns with my play. But do you honestly think that my vote is the only scrutiniziation that Raivann is receiving? Have I not explained why I was voting? Have not other people? I don't think its fair for you to say that there is no legitimate concerns that I have of Raivann, and suggest that I have not made them known.
I believe that Raivann is coming under scrutiny, and when the scrutiny on her has dropped off, I will probably ask them a few questions of my own. The fact that you are voting Raivann does not Automatically Validate the idea that you have concerns of them, though, it only suggests that you are willing to lynch Raivann. The concerns you are posting as the reason for your vote; I am not analyzing them at this moment because I am focussed on something that I see as much more rewarding (if I am correct).
Also, in the past two posts, you have suggested that I should have either attacked your predecessor, or Monkey if I was townie, then followed it up with I should have attacked Zee. Why all these suggestions about who I should have attacked? I've asked questions to all you are pointing at. Even have some serious ones out to Zee at the moment I believe. Why do I need to be so aggressive for you to believe me town?
Those were not directly posited to you, but rather to ANY townie player.
After the initial conflict is resolved (by a lynching or aquiescence on the side of both parties, which we could say it was when more than one person suggested it was two townies ((which is not to suggest that it is a true statement, merely that it was a commonly accepted one))), then the next course of action would be to look at how the other players interacted with the first two players who were in teh conflict.
Players who appear to have been trying to inflame the argument between two players 'commonly believed to be town', should be looked at next, and then players who hid mostly or completely behind the words of other players. Why? because the point of hiding behind other players is to avoid scrutiny yourself, which helps scum. And the point of inflaming a fight is to get a quick lynch, which helps scum.

Players who continually try to keep the focus on two players who had a lot of players voting for them (if not at the same time) are much mroe likely to be scum than players who 'move on' and continue to look for scum. You have to LOOK for scum, not try to FORCE people to "be scum".

I believe, personally, that if the other players can disregard my speech patterns, which always seems to incite votes, enough look at you and Zeenon's interactions with each other, they will see where I am coming from.

Raivann - You seem to have no interest in this conversation - why?
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

Well, that was a bit more than a few minutes......

VOTE COUNT

Raivann 5:
d3x (136), ZEEnon (150), Scien (176), MonkeyMan576 (179), cruelty (230)
ZEEnon 1:
Fuzzyman (100)
Hero764 1:
jasonT1981 (4)

Not voting: Dizzle, Hero764, Skruffs, Raivann, Chinaman

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Scien »

Skruffs wrote:If he said you were both, you should have been asking this question, to him, yourself. That's part of why I'm suspicious. Why weren't YOU suspicious?
As I have said before, I made an assumption that was the most logical thing he really meant. I believe I know what he was trying to say, and what he was trying to say was not suspicious to me.
Skruffs wrote:This is making me Very suspicious. First: We are lookign for people who are both town and scum, because ALL players are going to try to act town. Scummy players try to act town while still getting pro-scum results. So ZEEnon saying that you were both pro town AND scummy SHOULD HAVE made him say, "And that's suspicious", instead of disregarding it in the same sentence.
Eh... you're right. Him saying that doesn't make sense with his second statement saying it was a null read. What could explain this? Oh! His first sentence had a mistake in it. Not trying to be too condescending here, but I don't think he is saying what you think he is saying. What I believe he is saying is not suspicious and didn't deserve a question from me.
Skruffs wrote:How did you get a chain-lynch scenario out of that? And who are you referencing to? Zeenon was actively distancing/derailing from you there, Raivann could be conceptually setting up a chain-lynch scenario, but I do not believe that that was his plan at all sinec neither he, nor zeenon, nor you put more than a sentence towards that line of questioning before I came in. I believe that forcing the idea of a 'chain lynch' scenario is distracting from the situation as it really happened by trying to put malevolent impetus on Raivann, who is currently at the highest number of votes.
Huh? I thought when you said that one-two mafia lynch you were suggesting that he was setting up some kind of scenario that would result in a chain-lynch. What do you mean one-two mafia lynch? I'm confused apparently.

I don't think Raivann was setting up a chain lynch either, I think we have something we don't understand with each other here.

As for the rest of the above, I don't understand that either, I think its all stemming from my not understanding what you were trying to get at with 'one-two scum lynch'.
Skruffs wrote:[1]The only chain lynch that could be suggested would start with Zeenon and end with you if Zeenon is guilty. [2] But since the only questions you have asked Zeenom have been actually directed towards teh MM and M quandary, [3] it seems very, very clear to me that you do not think that Zeenon could be mafia. If you did think he was mafia, or at least, [4] if you were town and thought he was mafia, you would have taken more of an interest in him suspiciously, rather than playing him off of the other players. Concordantly, [5] if you were town and saw him buddying up to you, shouldn't you be concerned?
[1] Yep that's what I was implying. Are you suggesting that the town does that? Are you confident enough of your read on Zee and I that would suggest that you think this is the correct course of action?

[2] I argue that you are incorrect. My questions to Zee were about things he has said, and thoughts he has expressed. Every question directed to him so far were to get him to explain his views, and claims.

[3] The hell? You are wrong, he could be scum. That's why I am asking him to explain his inconsistent views on certain areas. I am suspicious of him.

[4] Who was playing him off other players? I was asking him questions about the views he has expressed in game. Every question was something that he said that didn't make sense. He is the one that is looking at the fight you are crying about. I am looking at him looking. How am I playing him off anyone?

[5] Yes, if I saw were he was buddying I would be concerned. I haven't seen him do it yet.
Skruffs wrote:I believe my line of questions is based almost entirely on you and Zeenon being too comfortable with each other this early in the game. There *should* be subconcious distrust, however, you two seem to be working as a team to goad other players into being more outspoken.
Ah, I see. Because we both ask questions at other people :roll:

I've been doing the same questioning to him. You are stretching pretty hard man.
Skruffs wrote:I believe that Raivann is coming under scrutiny, and when the scrutiny on her has dropped off, I will probably ask them a few questions of my own. The fact that you are voting Raivann does not Automatically Validate the idea that you have concerns of them, though, it only suggests that you are willing to lynch Raivann. The concerns you are posting as the reason for your vote; I am not analyzing them at this moment because I am focussed on something that I see as much more rewarding (if I am correct).
You said the only scrutiny on him was my vote. That doesn't make sense. That's why I am asking about it. You say there is scrutiny on him now? Has your thoughts changed since you said this:
Skruffs wrote:Raivann is being under scrutiny for no reason that I Can see except that SCien just 'decided' to vote him.
First off, nothing has really happened in his direction since then. Second off, I listed why I voted when I voted. As have others. I have informed everyone of my concerns, and have explicitly told him and you what they are.

Oh, thinking about what you mean, you are saying that if I am scum, the reasons I give for my vote don't matter, because I just want the lynch? I suppose that is true to some degree. But my listing of them counts as scrutiny. It gives him a way to counter my attack. It gives others a way to see my claimed motives. I don't see how you can claim that you can just write off my points against him. If you believe me scum, and the points are answered, how can I maintain good townie image while maintaining my vote? If I am townie, my points are used to drive discussion, and to verify that my vote is well placed.

I don't understand. My points and other's points count as scrutiny.
Skruffs wrote:then the next course of action would be to look at how the other players interacted with the first two players who were in teh conflict.
LAWL. What the heck do you think I was doing when I was questioning everyone about their freggin views on the fight? I wasn't asking about the fight in particular, but about their views. What on earth is going through your head?
Skruffs wrote:Players who appear to have been trying to inflame the argument between two players 'commonly believed to be town'
Again I would like to see where you think I have done that. For the second time. I was inflaming nothing. I was examining people participating in what I thought to be a town-vs-town fight from the get go.
Skruffs wrote:Players who continually try to keep the focus on two players who had a lot of players voting for them (if not at the same time) are much mroe likely to be scum than players who 'move on' and continue to look for scum. You have to LOOK for scum, not try to FORCE people to "be scum".
I was looking for scum. That's why I was questioning other people's views. I was not fanning any flames. You are wrong.
Skruffs wrote:I believe, personally, that if the other players can disregard my speech patterns, which always seems to incite votes, enough look at you and Zeenon's interactions with each other, they will see where I am coming from.
Meh, I sure the hell can't.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Hate to butt in on ya'lls convo here, but...
cruelty wrote:I think that if you're not scum, you're dangerous to town anyway in that you appear scummy
@cruelty: So is it ok to lynch town just because they come off scummy? That's basically what you are saying here. It's almost like you know a mislynch is going to happen on him and want an out. "Well, he wasn't helping out either way, so I voted for him." I'm not saying I disagree with where your vote is, I am saying that putting an "out" so to speak in the same post you vote for him is a little off. Do you have doubt that he will flip scum? If yes, why is your vote on him?

I personally like to come off a little scummy as a town player....keeps me alive longer. Is it possible that this is what he is doing?
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Raivann »

Skruffs wrote: Raivann - You seem to have no interest in this conversation - why?
Not true. I have hard time reading Scien. I do find myself agreeing with your points.
Scien wrote:
In light of current game state, and due to the fact that my vote is still RVS, I am going to want to revote:
Unvote: d3x
Vote: Raivann

I believe that vote is the fourth (L-3) judging from last vote count.

The town read is suspicious (even if I am dittoing everyone).
The jumping on d3x while feeling Fuzzy pro-town is suspicious.
The mistake about Manz vote placement, is curious.
The unexplained first dx3 "scummy post", is curious.
This does read like scum hopping on a wagon to me. Sure he has posted his reasons but it reads like he doesn't really believe them.
I'm suspicious of all the players on my wagon but they can't all be scum.
I support either a Scien or Zeenon lynch.
Vote:Scien

Scien also can't wait to get the pressure off him and back to me.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Raivann »

Chinaman wrote:I'm going to have to agree here. I did not like that my name came up on your probtown list. A: I personally felt it was buddying. Just something off about it. I have posted once and that post happened to remove a vote from your train. That doesn't make me town, it makes me want my vote to be mine not my predecessors. B: This puts a huge target on my back. If you are town, scum knows it. If you think I'm town and say so, it gives scum a very nice shopping list. Especially if you are lynched and flip town.

What do you feel you accomplished toward reaching a town goal by naming myself and Fuzzy on your probtown list? Especially when you have a fairly large bandwagon on you. On the flip side, how about your probscum list. I'm not saying I disagree with your names, I'm just wondering how it helps town currently. What are your cases on them? Why should their actions be viewed as more scummy than yours? (not calling you scummy at this point, just looking for answers)
I think pushing your town reads is important just like pushing your scum reads.The prob townie reads I gave were mainly gut reads i got, a vibe.

My prob scum has changed now with Scien in there but MM was for continually asking me to make a case on Manz when I never even voted him.

Zeenon was on there for this post...
Raivann wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:My point is I don't think a pro-town player would have asked the question, or implied my position was anti-town.
So you are very confident that Manzcar is scum, correct?
So you are very confident that Manzcar is scum, correct?
ZEEnon wrote:
Why did you post this?
Evading the second question and the first part I dont like the wording, looks like he's trying to set a trap that's why I asked him the same question back. Then he votes me for saying jumpy and jumpin.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”