peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:30 am

Post by peacesells »

Well, I was asked about the people who've voted for Toro. I was not asked about Toro himself.

Now reading shotty's post and can see where he is coming from. Quick jumping may lead to helping a lynch happen. Or, it could be unsure townee. But I don't think his jumping around is as scummy as his lack of contribution. If I recall correctly Toro pretty much post's fluff. That in combination with his vote jumping doesn't look good. I'm pretty sure this
VOTE TORO
puts him at L-1.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Nikanor »

peacesells wrote:Well, I was asked about the people who've voted for Toro. I was not asked about Toro himself.
You're kidding, right? From an experienced mafia player like yourself, I believe we can expect more than this from you.

And yes, Toro is at L-1 now.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

peacesells wrote:Well, I was asked about the people who've voted for Toro. I was not asked about Toro himself.

Now reading shotty's post and can see where he is coming from. Quick jumping may lead to helping a lynch happen. Or, it could be unsure townee. But I don't think his jumping around is as scummy as his lack of contribution. If I recall correctly Toro pretty much post's fluff. That in combination with his vote jumping doesn't look good. I'm pretty sure this
VOTE TORO
puts him at L-1.
As Nik said, the first part of this is pretty bad. It's like you don't want to participate unless someone provokes you to.

Anyone getting a vibe that peacesells is bussing here? His last few posts were pretty much fence-sitting and even this post reeks of it a little, saying Toro could be unsure townie.

As I said in the beginning of the day, I do think Toro has been trying to blend in, but I'm not ready to end this day yet.

Unvote
Vote: peacesells
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:49 am

Post by peacesells »

I answered a specific question that was asked of me. No, I was not kidding.

I answered they way I did because you were attempting to lead others to believe I was skirting a question, and I was not.

And to make sure I answer Shotty's question, I still have a "feeling" as lame as that is that Scott is scummy. Still basing this on his "helpful" play on day 1.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:54 am

Post by peacesells »

Scott Brosius wrote:
His last few posts were pretty much fence-sitting and even this post reeks of it a little, saying Toro could be unsure townie.
Fencesitting, maybe. Probably because since I am not scum I don't know how is and who isn't. It's strange to me you can be so sure of yourself at this stage of the game. I'm pretty sure all town are fence sitting right now. Otherwise...they wouldn't be town.

You guys throw accusations around like mud at a wall. You just hope and pray something sticks without regard to who gets dirty.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scott wrote:Anyone getting a vibe that peacesells is bussing here? His last few posts were pretty much fence-sitting and even this post reeks of it a little, saying Toro could be unsure townie.
I am getting this feeling as well. However, I do think that we should get Toro in the noose first. That's not to say that I want to end the day now, though.
peacesells wrote:I answered they way I did because you were attempting to lead others to believe I was skirting a question, and I was not.
And you are misrepresenting me. That was not my intention, I can assure you.
The point is that failing to talk about something is just as scummy as avoiding a question, especially for an experienced player such as yourself.
You acted like the Toro wagon was non-existent, and avoided commenting on Toro. That is what I was saying in that post.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:04 am

Post by peacesells »

As I said before there were 2 whole votes on Toro when the question was asked. THat is not what I consider a wagon. Is that what you consider one?

Also, You keep mentioning my experience...you have no clue how I have played before. How about looking at my meta and seeing how I've played day 1 here on mafiascum.net.

My experience is elsewhere and the way I play there completely rubs people the wrong way here. So your references to experience are hogwash and if you insist on using that statement then please link where it is pertinant.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 am

Post by peacesells »

So, I find it neccessary to refute Niks claim I was misrepresenting him. Lets start at the vote count. 2 players on Toro

:
fuzzylightning wrote:
Vote Count #16

Shotty to the Body
: 1
(Scott Brosius)

Nikanor
(Toro)

Toro
: 2
(Nikanor, ThAdmiral)

Not Voting
:
(hasdgfas, Shotty to the Body, DTMaster, peacesells)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Here is DTM's exact question:
DTMaster wrote:@Peace

Who would you accuse to be scummy on the bandwagon Peace and why?
Here is my first reply concerning the Admiral
peacesells wrote:I don't know if I'd consider there being a bandwagon with just 2 votes. But the admiral really hasn't done anything in this game. Hard to figure his reasoning to vote.
Then I re-read his posts and changed my mind.
peacesells wrote:Actually, I change my mind. Just did a re-read of all of TheAdmirals posts and he's been on Toro a long time. I just forgot about that.
Then that default to Nik being the scummiest but I wasn't so sure and posted this.
peacesells wrote:I guess that leaves Nik. But I don't neccessarily consider him scummy either.

The problem I have with his "revelation" play is that without disclosing his reasoning and without me having my own "revelation" I'm not gonna follow his vote just because he thinks we should.
--side track here --Notice Nik doesn't even address my "revelation" concern in way yet he accuses me of not addressing Toro as scum. --

Now here is where Nik basically implies I wasn't answering a question.
Nikanor wrote: What I really want to hear is peacesells's thoughts on this here Toro wagon. So far we've got, 'One of ThAdmiral or Nik is scum,' with no mention at all of Toro.
and I refuted by stating I answered the question asked. Does he even consider I'm not ready to address Toro yet? No...he attacks. He played his Toro "revelation" gambit and now he is trying another one on me.

I'm gonna do a blatant OMGUS and change my vote now.

Unvote

Vote Nik
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 am

Post by hasdgfas »

peacesells wrote:I answered a specific question that was asked of me. No, I was not kidding.

I answered they way I did because you were attempting to lead others to believe I was skirting a question, and I was not.

And to make sure I answer Shotty's question, I still have a "feeling" as lame as that is that Scott is scummy. Still basing this on his "helpful" play on day 1.
really? Isn't it convenient that you do this just after he votes you.

I also have no idea why you're voting for nik. It seems like it's just because he wanted you to answer a question you didn't want to.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont. vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows. he's not a liberal. thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Hascow/Cow are acceptable shortened names, never "Has"
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:58 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Vote Count #16

peacesells
(Scott Brosius)

Nikanor
: 2
(Toro, peacesells)

Toro
: 3
(Nikanor, ThAdmiral, Shotty to the Body)

Not Voting
:
(hasdgfas, DTMaster)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:15 am

Post by peacesells »

hasdgfas wrote:
peacesells wrote:I answered a specific question that was asked of me. No, I was not kidding.

I also have no idea why you're voting for nik. It seems like it's just because he wanted you to answer a question you didn't want to.
Cow, you need to re-read and pay attention. Nik has NOT voted me. So your conclusion is false.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

peacesells wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:

Cow, you need to re-read and pay attention. Nik has NOT voted me. So your conclusion is false.
But I voted you, and then you called me scummy after that and then after Nik questioned you, you placed a self-admitting OMGUS vote.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 am

Post by peacesells »

Scott Brosius wrote:
peacesells wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:

But I voted you, and then you called me scummy after that and then after Nik questioned you, you placed a self-admitting OMGUS vote.
My post calling you scummy happened the same time you posted. But I called you scummy a long time ago.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:50 am

Post by peacesells »

This is my original "Scott is scum" Post.
peacesells wrote: Scott: Someone had mentioned that Scott seems pretty town/helpfull so far. I don't get this. To me all he has done is fence sit and make general "mafia game" comments..."this usually happens" type stuff. They are the kinds of posts that make someone seem helpfull and "good" without actually committing to the game. Basically a play it safe style to avoid attention. Definitely not active scum hunting.

Vote Scott

lumi
Kill
DT
Toro
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Can we focus? I want opinions on Toro and an explanation of why you think either Nik or peace is more scummy then him at this point in time. What do you think of Toro Cow?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Nikanor »

peacesells wrote:My experience is elsewhere and the way I play there completely rubs people the wrong way here. So your references to experience are hogwash and if you insist on using that statement then please link where it is pertinant.
All I learnt about your past experience from your first game is that a) You like to hammer before deadline, and b) You like to no-lynch if you don't know who the scum is, both of which rub people the wrong way on this site because it is against site meta to do those things. This has NOTHING to do with the debate at hand! If I'm missing something I should be seeing in your first game on this site, by all means, point it out. However, I assume that, from your experience, we should be able to expect more than just, 'You didn't ask me about that, so you shouldn't expect me to comment about it.'
Now here is where Nik basically implies I wasn't answering a question.
I specifically said, 'with no mention at all of Toro.' NOWHERE in that statement did I accuse you of avoiding ANY questions.
Does he even consider I'm not ready to address Toro yet?
Oh, I'm sorry, I should have waited until you had your fake suspicions of Toro ready. :roll:
And I was seriously considering an off-handed comment about your maturity level, but I decided you probably wouldn't be able to handle it. :P
He played his Toro "revelation" gambit and now he is trying another one on me.
Found a scumslip. Either he a) thinks I'm town who has caught scum, or b) thinks Toro is town and that I'm scum.
Now, if a) is the case, why is he voting me? If b) is the case, why had he voted Toro?
I think peacesells has made it abundantly clear that he is mafia with Toro.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:30 am

Post by peacesells »

Nikanor wrote:
And I was seriously considering an off-handed comment about your maturity level, but I decided you probably wouldn't be able to handle it. :P
just because you put a smiley behind it and doesn't mean it was not an insult.

I don't think that thus type of play is going to get you the result you expect. Please refrain from personal insults in the future.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Nikanor »

peacesells wrote:just because you put a smiley behind it and doesn't mean it was not an insult.

I don't think that thus type of play is going to get you the result you expect. Please refrain from personal insults in the future.
Ignoring the insult (which was clearly in poor form), do you have anything to say to my 990?
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 am

Post by peacesells »

How about two more choices.

C. Thinks your town and your gambit resulted in a null tell.

Or

d. Thinks you are scum that will try gambits to attempt to make others look scummy.

My reason to vote toro was much more in line with shotys reasoning than yours.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Toro »

I'm not joking when I say that 990-992 was the biggest f**king De Ja Vu I've ever had.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Nikanor »

peacesells wrote:
How about two more choices.

C. Thinks your town and your gambit resulted in a null tell.

Or

d. Thinks you are scum that will try gambits to attempt to make others look scummy.
So, which is it?
Toro wrote:
I'm not joking when I say that 990-992 was the biggest f**king De Ja Vu I've ever had.
Yeah? Why's that?
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Toro »

You know when you just sorta visualize something happening (or in this case, someone saying something) and then it happens. Yeah, that's what just happened.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Nikanor »

Toro, what do you think of peacesells at this moment?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Nik

I'm still getting mildly bad vibes coming from this attack on Toro. Even with your "gambit" the 912,913,914 reads as someone obvious to mafia role. It might be bias based on Internal Mafia though.

In a way your little gambit can be considered a deflection away from the Scott wagon with some distancing mixed into it. It's faint in subtext, but it's there and might warrant a reread.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Actually: @Town

Can you describe Hohum's meta to me? I was skimming a few ISO posts and came across something particular. Specifically: Is he known to self hammer himself in games?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”