LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2005 9:04 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

big K, I'm going to set up a scenario for you.

I'm pro-town, under suspicion.

I have a chance to vote Kain. I didn't, mainly because i didn't think he was scum. I had a chance to send it into night, and, well, I didn't.

Then, I choose to vote him (since my no vote was suspicious) and what do I get? More suspicions.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2005 1:12 am

Post by Stam »

There is no reason to contiue with this yo-yo.
Someone has to pull the trigger, and it might as well be me.
vote: Kain

Jumping once after your name is mentioned is the #1 tell of lurkers and all he has to say to explain it is miracles and more accusations.

big_k, I agree that when EYNH started the bandwagon on Kain there was no much of a case against him, but everything he did since then is very scummy.
By now I am quite certain he is a scum. Certain enough to make the kill.

The behavior of LML here is very wierd, but we will have to deal with it tomorrow.
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2005 6:48 am

Post by Tamuz »

Is this twilight?

Am I allowed to talk, because I have a bit to say... however seeing Kain's alignment will temper that
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2005 7:20 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The mod didn't say we couldn't talk in twilight, so I assume we can. Always remember that anything said can be done from either pro-town or scummy intentions, and may or may not be true...at this point scum will already know whether Kain is theirs or not, which helps.

However, once the mod posts Kain's alignment/death scene, we'll be unable to talk, so I'm not sure what you're waiting for, Tamuz...
Retired as of October 2014.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2005 2:16 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

LML, the mafia can just as easily claim they are pro-town. How about trying to rebuttal some of my points instead of ignoring them like you did.

We may need a replacement mod, cuz Max hasn't been on in a while. This person should have nothing to do with the game.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon
Location: Anywhere inconvenient and always positioned to trip you.

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:35 pm

Post by Kain »

I'm not dead yet!- haha monty python quote-
On page one it says - Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. - Well I'm not lynched yet so here I go!
First seriously go back and reread the thread like Big K has done- of course you will know me to be a townie after the lynching occurs but you will be able to see who the scum are. The scum are Stam, EYNH and possibly LML. More likely it is a Stam/ EYNH Combo but a LML/ EYNH combo is quite possible. Regardless of the combos I seriously suggest that you lynch EYNH after I'm dead. Oh yes thanks Mr. Flay for making my lynching possible with your third vote. :roll:
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:23 pm

Post by Norinel »

Maximus hasn't posted on Scum since May 19, and seems to be missing. I'll look for a (Temporary or permanent) mod replacement; for now, PM me your roles (Particularly Kain), and I'll at least kick off the night.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:09 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thanks, Norinel.

Tamuz, if you were going to post some last-minute observations, now would be a good time...
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:12 am

Post by Kain »

Oh yes just for everyone to consider- the mafia will probably end up knocking somebody off in the middle of the night so that'll leave you with three townies and two mafia- it would be very unwise to vote for someone unless you were conviced that they were mafia. 3 votes lynches somebody- so be careful or the mafia will jump on that innocent guy you vote for and then the game is over with two mafia killing the last two townies. And in closing hhaha I'm not dead yet! LOL
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:05 am

Post by big_kahunia »

If LML and EYNH aren't mafia, I'd be very surprised.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:45 am

Post by Tamuz »

:p Flay I was just going to try a newish tactic, try and make the mafia know I'm important so I'd get NK, but the speed of Maxi didn't help me much

Meh, guess I'll live to see another day.

Norinel I'm forwarding you my role as I type
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote::p Flay I was just going to try a newish tactic, try and make the mafia know I'm important so I'd get NK, but the speed of Maxi didn't help me much
Yeah, I expect Maximus' disappearance has thrown all kind of strategies into disarray...we seem to be accomplishing more in "twilight" than we did the entire Day! Still, the make-'em-think-you're-more-than-a-townie gambit is worth trying once in a while...
Kain wrote:Oh yes just for everyone to consider- the mafia will probably end up knocking somebody off in the middle of the night so that'll leave you with three townies and two mafia- it would be very unwise to vote for someone unless you were conviced that they were mafia.
Unless Kain is the most insane mafioso I've ever met, this is good advice. Start the day tomorrow with FOSes, not votes, unless you want to sabotage the game...

Of course if he's scum, we've got some breathing room, but I don't honestly think so at this point. I guess Stam hasn't become nearly as clever a scum-hunter as I feared... :roll:
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:01 pm

Post by Stam »

I will not believe it until I hear it from whoever will be the mod, but I agree that Kain has no reason to lie now, so it doesn't look good. A pity. I was really sure I got it this time. I guess scum-hunting is not
that
easy.
And yes, of course, if we find ourselves in a LynchOrLose tomorrow - start with FOSs, not votes.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Post by Kain »

Well I'm not lynched yet- WOOOHOOO! okay now that my innocence has been established ( or soon will be after the mod posts my death) I just want everyone to really go back and reread the thread and look for what I said already- that there was a rather lousy bandwagon put on me by I do believe EYNH so I think you should reread his posts especially. I suspect LML to be a possbile mafia member but I really think Stam and EYNH are the scum. Cop investigate EYNH, not LML! I'd like to point out that EYNH has been very quite for the past long while also it seems. Most likely( another thing to point out) that both mafia are voting for me right now- they are as following: Tamuz, Mr. Flay, EYNH, Stam. In some mafia games the mafia would probably just have one of thiers vote on a person and the other one lay low or vote for someone else but in this game I think that they got very tired of how long day one was taking and they voted for me. Basically i am using this as additional evidence that EYNH and Stam are the scums. Okay I don't think I have anymore to say on the topic now- And yes MR. Flay I'd be one insane mafia to be saying/ doing all this stuff during the twilight before I am lynched. And if we have a doctor please protect Mr. Flay. Well adios yall until tommorow- hopefully the mod will not have lynched me by then! lol wow this is one long twilight!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Kain wrote:And if we have a doctor please protect Mr. Flay. Well adios yall until tommorow- hopefully the mod will not have lynched me by then! lol wow this is one long twilight!
*laugh* Now why couldn't you be this sensible and logical before we lynched you? :evil: But yes, I would appreciate the doctor's attention this evening....
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:44 am

Post by Stam »

I think LML is a better choice for cop investigation, but I want to hear more opinions.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:10 am

Post by Kain »

Of course you want the attention off of EYNH, Stam! I think that LML unfortunaely has possbily been bandwagoned innocently also- if anyone is a better selection it would be you or EYNH. Sorry nothing personal but you're mafia. Yes LML has said some very odd things that should arise suspicion on our part but by virture of the fact that EYNH held his vote on me for the same BOGUS reasons throughtout all the commotion surrounding me is a clear sign that he is scum. A good townie would have seen the errors in his logic as I so clearly pointed thme out- yes I was frantic but I was logically! As I was saying a good townie upon seeing the errors of his logic would have unvoted but does EYNH ever take his vote off me? No. Tamuz does based on good logic but then comes back on board- his reasons were legitimiate thought. Mr. Flay voted to put pressure on me which was fine considering the possibly scummy behavior it appeared I was doing. Now concerning Stam- it would make sense for one mafia memeber( supposing that both were voting me at one point) to have one of them unvote me like I recall Stam did and then vote for me later based on a pretty BOGUS reason. Also because it was based on a bogus reason The fact that you dealt me the death blow is possibly a sign of scumminess in this long game where I wouldn't be suprised if a mafia memeber would now jump on the chance to hurry the game on to day two. And Mr. Flay come on I was logical-i was just really frantic also! I think that you should be protected because you've held a lot of sway this game and perhaps they fear you'll get them next. Aie aie aie....this seriously is a way insansley long twilight.And Aie aie aie I hope that I'm not being incohenrent or anything and that this is making SOME sense to yall....and in closing " I'm nt dead yet!" Go Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail!
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:57 am

Post by Stam »

I don't want the attention off of EYNH.
In fact, if you are indeed innocent, I agree with big_k that the pair LML/EYNH is most likely. I just think the LML made more wierd posts, so I prefer if he gets investigated.
You want to investigate EYNH - noted.
LML want to be investigated himself - noted.
I want more opinions, especially from the more experienced players.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

At this point I'm not sure who should be investigated; everything since twilight began has been vastly different than before Kain got his fourth vote. Stam's regressed quite a bit, big_k clammed back up, Kain has been expounding at great length (if you're town, Kain, I want to play with you again, but please...paragraphs??). LML and EYNH have both shut up entirely, which could mean they're lurking scum waiting not to get caught, or maybe they just assume we're in twilight and have gone on to their other games. Tamuz tried a weird gambit there, but he's been hard to read all along.

Who don't I think should be investigated? Well, me, for one... but that's easy, because I know who I am (pro-town), and everyone seems to think I'm pretty confirmed as a good guy. Unfortunately it also paints a big bullseye on my forehead... which is why I explicitly agreed that the doctor should protect me.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:42 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

Wow, I've been leaving this game alone for a looooong time. I guess the suspicion on me is deserved.

But anyway: yes, the reasons I used to start Kain hardly had a leg to stand on. It's part of the way I play. I tend to accuse people on the most BS reasons possible, and see how they react. If Kain had reacted like a townie would, I would have definitely unvoted him. But he didn't. If he is telling the truth about being a townie (which I believe NOW, due to the way he's been acting in twilight), I guess I screwed up.

I realize how suspicious I seem, and I'm inviting the cop to investigate me.

With that said, if Kain is a townie, I believe that Stam is a mafia, and his partner is either LML or Taumz, with LML more likely. I'm running out of time here, I may post more later tonight (7-8 PST), but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on. Hopefully I will.
prinny, dood
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:26 am

Post by Kain »

Ahhhh! This is a crazy twilight session indeed- I agree with Mr. Flay that we have accomplished more in this twilight than some games accomplish in a day. Well I didn't come on to just say that. I came on to point out some BOGUS points made by some people- Okay it's establish that I am a townie now- right-?right.

I would like to point that until now EYNH and Stam seem to have not touched each other with even a 10 FOOT pole. I find this very scummy because perhaps they are now pointing the finger at each other now that I , the innocent townie, have been preaching thier scummy behavior for oh I don't know the past 5 pages. LOL!

Now concerning EYNH's tactic (see post 144 right above this)I say that the town benefits most from GOOD LOGIC and that the mafia benefits most from poor logic. Therefore I say EYNH is scum because he seems to think that the town benefits from attacking people( me!) based on poor logic. I find his tactic to be very scummy after I pointed out earlier several times that the TOWN benefits from good logic( as in good logical points against a player not BOGUS ones) and mafia from the bad ones and he CONTINUED to attack me.

He knew his points were bogus- I logically pointed them out to be bogus several times so I ask why did he then stick on me like glue when I defended myself based on logic? My scum radar is going crazy due to his behavior! In other words your defense is bogus EYNH.

Now concerning his invite for the cop to investigate him- that is possibly a mafia ploy. Mr. Flay in this game or another game I read him say something along the lines of " i invited the cop to investigate me and I was scum that game." Just something to consider for our Cop...if we have one!!!!

Well I hope that made all sense- Don't let the mafia confuse you fellow townies in this twilight session! In closing LET LOGIC GUIDE YOU!

Are you enjoying these paragraphs Mr. Flay? I did them just for you! :D
Yes I would enjoy playing another game with you also- you did an awesome job in newbie 102 with Mr. Stoofer. Well I'll talk with yall later tonight- suppossing Im not lynched by then.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:18 am

Post by Tamuz »

I just kind of wanted to say that I'm alive and not lurking still :P

Not much to say excluding welcome back EYNH, time for the doc to save us from mafia.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Kain wrote:Mr. Flay in this game or another game I read him say something along the lines of " i invited the cop to investigate me and I was scum that game."
I'm pretty sure that was game 73, when I was scum and trying a "Wine In Front of Me" gambit. Surely no scum would bald-faced ask to be investigated, therefore the cop would move on and investigate someone else... it didn't work for an entirely different reason (mafia strategies change when the cop comes out Day One, and the doc survives...). So while it might very well be a ploy by LML, I'm not as sure of it as you are.
Kain wrote:Just something to consider for our Cop...if we have one!!!!
I don't know, Maximus' game setup was so minimal, I didn't even consider if he was using the maybe-no-cop, maybe-no-doc scenario (sometimes called Variant 93). We could have 3, 4, or 5 townies, and 2, 1, or no power roles. But I'm going to proceed with assuming not, since I think he'd have mentioned that possibility. 1 cop, 1 doc, 3 townies, 2 mafia is still standard newbie game setup.

And yes, thank you VERY much for the paragraphs. My eyes, I can see@!!!1!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:50 am

Post by big_kahunia »

I'm here, but waiting for a mod replacement or Norinel to make it night. Naming someone for the cop to investigate isn't bad, the most suspicious person should be investigated, but it is up to that player (provided we have that role) to make the choice not on the behalf of the group. Scum could be influencing the choice since they are apart of the group. The same goes for the doc if we have one. Saying whom the doc should protect is WIFOM for the doc and mafia. I don't think there's much gained for that topic. The player can listen and sift through what is said.
With the random 4 set up, it's fruitless to try to figure out which one we are in.

I echo Mr. Flay's sentiments, lets play again sometime Kain
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:19 pm

Post by Kain »

Thanks Big K- I appreciate that I'd like to play with you again 2. Shesh Norinel where are you? i've been waiting with this noose around my neck for a while now.

Hey Doc/Cop big k has a point but keep in mind that after my death all my statements will be validated as legitimate ones and the people I'm pointing towards you protecting or investigating are very valid targets( in my opinion of course) but hey it's an opinion that is scum free eh?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”