NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

After going through each players PBP, these are my conclusions.

AGM
: Most posts are one line and tend to lack in content for the most part. Most of the posts talk about how he doesn't like peabody or CoCo (though he does give reasonable explanation as to why he dislikes CoCo.) What really turns me off, however, is his post about messiah.
AGM wrote:I'm getting tired of you not being at L-0.
He seemed far too willing to lynch with no further info from hoopla. This is concerning to me.

charlatan
: His posts seem to be very organized and his though process as well as his reasoning seem to be very clearly layed out (No confusion= good for town). I get a very town vibe from him, but he could also be very clever scum, and if that is the case, I feel we are in deep trouble.

CoCo
: Low post count as well as low content. He says he has been working unusual hours, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now in hopes he post more very soon.

CooLDoG
: Seems to be town, but was dumb enough to go to a halo odst gaming party, so im not convinced of his stance. Also, in regards to milkshake, I only half agree. There is no problem in being "info hungry" but milkshake also has not done too much in the way of scumhuntung IMO.

Empking
: Has a major lack of post content. His only given reason in voting messiah was "faith", and not to offend religious people, but faith won't help the town.

hiphop
: High post count and content, he doesn't seem to mind stirring things up and digging deep, which to me is a pro-town move. I dont quite get hoopla's feeling toward him.

hoopla
: Very unusual play in regards to the whole code-and-reaction, but for the most part i like it, and I don't believe scum would put themselfs out this much. However, I do reserve the right to believe that hoopla is appealing to this very emotion. For now hoopla seems to be more pro-town, but I will take everything she says with a grain of salt.

lobstermania
: obviscum :P

Messiah
: Seemed to keep his cool under pressure, always using logic instead of OMGUS to guide his posts in the face of some unfair votes IMO.

Milkshake
: My intial reaction was anti-town from milkshake, since he seemed to go along with hoopla too easily, but after a re-read, I get a more town feeling from milkshake. It may be due to the deliciousness of a banana split though. I'm on the fence about milkshake.

NewAgeWarrior
: If sexy-townie was a role, NAW would be the poster child.

Peabody
: Low post count but they all seem to contain some useful info, and since it's his birthday weekend, ill give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.

Sposh
: He seems to be going with the flow more than anything, and seemed too willing to jump on messiah without asking for further info. All of his play so far does not sit well with me.

All in all, I will go with a
Vote: AlmasterGM
and a
FoS: Sposh, Empking
, with hope of more info from
peabody, CoCo, and Empking.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
Townie: 1-2
In Progress: 2 alive
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:But what you fail to realize is it puts nobody under pressure if they're aware the pressure from you will only be fleeting or nearly equally distributed. As scum, I never fear those sort of players because they're so easily prone to manipulation by the crowd, or herd instinct. If you fail to assert beliefs (or spread them like butter) nobody will really be influenced by your decisions, because they are admittedly weak whether you realize it or not.
I don't realize it, and I don't care to realize it. There are still people like you who ignore questions completely. That only makes me look harder at your posts. Where have I shown I can be manipulated by anybody? Besides at the end of the day nobody knows who I find scummy. That only leads to me being NK, because I am unpredictable. As long as the town wins, I don't care. At least than people get the suspicion that they do. Am I supposed to leave suspicious post untouched?
AlmasterGM wrote:Liking hiphop less and less by the post.
Nice of you to join the bw. At least now you can suspect everybody who you don't like? Also, again you fail to provide reason.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Hoopla »

hiphop wrote: I don't realize it, and I don't care to realize it. There are still people like you who ignore questions completely. That only makes me look harder at your posts. Where have I shown I can be manipulated by anybody?
Besides at the end of the day nobody knows who I find scummy
. That only leads to me being NK, because I am unpredictable. As long as the town wins, I don't care. At least than people get the suspicion that they do. Am I supposed to leave suspicious post untouched?
Yeah, not even you. Image
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:Yeah, not even you. Image
That is why I go by my gut. Best thing to do on day one.
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

Yes, your gut feeling > logical arguments from information obtained.
What use could come from just using a gut feeling? Probability would make it that you are probably going to choose a townie, then after a NK, we are down 2 members with not much info that we had to start off with.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by hiphop »

NewAgeWarrior wrote:
Yes, your gut feeling > logical arguments from information obtained.
What use could come from just using a gut feeling? Probability would make it that you are probably going to choose a townie, then after a NK, we are down 2 members with not much info that we had to start off with.
What facts have you got on day one? Make sure they are facts, before you post them. Day two there are facts.
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

When did I ever say facts? I said information, which is different, and plenty of information can be taken from day 1.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by milkshake »

merely a bluff to generate an early wagon
Go figure. I actually had hoped we were getting data. I like data way better than mindless arguing.
a 'well, shrug, you're probably town going by pure probability' attitude
*raises hand* This is me.

At least the wagon did do some useful stuff.

See, I'm confused, because hiphop didn't make any sense when he was trying to explain how, whatever Messiah flipped, the town would lose the game because of it, but I mostly agree with his vote on Peabody, which demonstrates that he actually does have a brain.

I think Messiah and hiphop are scum buddies *shrug*.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by hiphop »

The only information that I have right now is how people feel about other people, and that is a nulltell because scum can bus. For instance if I am scum could hoopla be scum? Possibly. Is there something I am missing? What kind of information do you have? Notice how I said "kind", and not "what is". There is more information that can be used for day 2, but I am talking about day one's lynch.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:demonstrates that he actually does have a brain.
Never on day one in any game.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by Sposh »

People voting Messiah:

What do you think of CooLDoG?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 am

Post by CooLDoG »

not liking hip-pops last posts, and not really liking the way he plays, i think I might

unvote, vote hiphop
after a wank.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

I still think Hiphop is more scummy than most but I have to say I don't like Peeabody's actions and how they effected the Messiah wagon.

Vote: Peabody
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Sposh »

The Messiah AND the Hiphop wagons have built up really fast... but I hate second guessing myself. Empking, can you tell me what actions specifically were performed by Peabody that effected the Messiah wagon?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Reading him in ISO suggests I was wrong. (Though his posts did help reduce the effect of the Messiah bandwagon there isn't enough of them to suggest there's an intent to reduce the Messiah bandwagon.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:27 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Emp king, would you plz, plz get an avvy, because it makes it easy to identify the poster. As for my vote on hip-hop, I was having to get ready and go someplaece very fast but now i'm back.

I don't like hip's posts because His logic is very broken. He does not really scum hunt ether and is more for making long posts so he does not get "ur a lurker!" shouted at him. He seems to be more like a talking-head then anything else.

I am also not likeing hoopla. She lied to the twon so my scum meter has shot up higher on her. Maybe a scum type slip for scum cop, but I don't know. I am just not getting good vibes from her.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

EBWOP: One more thing I just noted! hip-hop has been avid posting on this page after his vote count got up! Also the stuff he says has little to no worth in my eyes. He is looking worse to me the further the day goes.
after a wank.
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:53 am

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

I am getting really bad vibes from Empking due to his recent post hopping. It seems he didn't have much reason at all to vote for Peabody, and then went and unvoted in his next post, basicly saying after he read the ISO he felt different, but to me if feels like he isn't paying attention.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

NewAgeWarrior wrote:
AGM
: Most posts are one line and tend to lack in content for the most part. Most of the posts talk about how he doesn't like peabody or CoCo (though he does give reasonable explanation as to why he dislikes CoCo.) What really turns me off, however, is his post about messiah.
AGM wrote:I'm getting tired of you not being at L-0.
He seemed far too willing to lynch with no further info from hoopla. This is concerning to me.
When people make interesting claims on D1, I believe them. If they lie, we can just smack them on D2, so there's really no point. I'm confused as to why more people aren't believing Hoopla.

I don't see how you can criticize me not liking Peabody and CoCo given that I've made legitimate arguments against them and they are both scummy. Also, I'm adding hiphop to the list of people I don't like.
CoCo
: Low post count as well as low content. He says he has been working unusual hours, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now in hopes he post more very soon.
Wrong. CoCo is scum.
CooLDoG
: Seems to be town, but was dumb enough to go to a halo odst gaming party, so im not convinced of his stance. Also, in regards to milkshake, I only half agree. There is no problem in being "info hungry" but milkshake also has not done too much in the way of scumhuntung IMO.
ODST gaming party sounds like the best idea ever.
Empking
: Has a major lack of post content. His only given reason in voting messiah was "faith", and not to offend religious people, but faith won't help the town.
Meh. I have faith that this guy is going to come through for us later.
Peabody
: Low post count but they all seem to contain some useful info, and since it's his birthday weekend, ill give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.
Scum.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Empking wrote:
Unvote

I still think Hiphop is more scummy than most but I have to say I don't like Peeabody's actions and how they effected the Messiah wagon.

Vote: Peabody
I got really happy when I saw this, then you unvoted. Thanks for the letdown.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 am

Post by milkshake »

When people make interesting claims on D1, I believe them. If they lie, we can just smack them on D2, so there's really no point. I'm confused as to why more people aren't believing Hoopla.
Hoopla pre-retroactively (new word) unclaimed.

I could go for Peabody... if hiphop and Messiah are scumbuddies, it could mean he was exclusively bussing his scumbuddies. Hiphop, Messiah, CooLDoG, and Peabody scum team. There you go! (If only things really worked like that... all wrapped up in a tight little ball. :P )
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:03 am

Post by milkshake »

(I realized CooLDoG probably won't realize why his name is tossed in there (and will get upset about it). It's because he's the only other person Peabody voted in my hypothetic and unlikely Peabody-betrays-all-his-scumbuddies-by-voting-them scenario is CooLDoG. By the way, Peabody never did explain that vote. Nor did he ever unvote. Hm!)
NewAgeWarrior
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
NewAgeWarrior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:06 am

Post by NewAgeWarrior »

Sorry AGM, I don't see things in black and white like you appear to do. You never really gave any other reason for you feeling, you basically just seemed to contradict me for the fun of it.
AGM wrote:I don't see how you can criticize me not liking Peabody and CoCo given that I've made legitimate arguments against them and they are both scummy. Also, I'm adding hiphop to the list of people I don't like.
AGM wrote:Wrong. CoCo is scum.
AGM wrote:Scum.
I'll go through and try and find your arguments, but all I can remember is your reasons vs CoCo.
ITSA, United States Navy
W-L
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:51 am

Post by charlatan »

Okay, getting some much stronger town reads on a few people, and a few better scum reads.
Messiah wrote:
charlatan wrote:Honestly, I don't even consider myself to be pushing a case on you at all, but you make reference to one, so can you also summarize for me what you think my (and Sposh's, if it helps you) case is?
-Jumping on(Parroting?) CoCo(NAW?)
-Scummy/easy vote on something that was likely not even game-related.
-Backpedaling

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, that's basically it. However, with Hoopla's admission that she was lying, the jig is up. I wanted to see some pressure applied, too. I think you're probably a townie. If not, you're good at keeping your cool under the spotlight. Either way, I'm moving on from this, unless you'd like to revisit it at another time.

------
hiphop wrote:I believe it was VPbaltar who told me that if a town has bad case on an individual, than it is the town's civil duty to tear the case to pieces.
The problem with this statement is that you didn't tear anything to pieces. All you've really done it taken seemingly random potshots at several different players in an unfocused, wild manner that doesn't seem to have any advantages from a town perspective. If I misunderstand your strategy, please educate me, but it does seem more likely that you're making shallow and frantic accusations all over the place to see what sticks. Your insistence that Messiah is not scum is particularly damning, regardless of her alignment. Here are the possibilities I see:

1) You're both scum. You wanted to derail your scumbuddy's wagon.

2) You're scum, she's not. You wanted to derail it to buddy up OR didn't want to be on a wagon that you knew would end in a townie lynch.

3) You're not scum and you don't know her alignment. You truly do not find anything she's done this entire game remotely worth investigation or pressure, though you've attacked other players for atom-thin reasons throughout Day 1.

I find the first two possibilities more likely.

I did not point out these issues with your play when you were attacking me because I wanted to see how easily you'd drop your "case" on me if I neglected to imply that I think you're anything other than a townie. The fact that your mind is changed so easily tells me you're not thinking through your accusations.

------

I like Milkshake for a scumbuddy right now. Reading him/her in isolation, they basically have done nothing today but go with the flow and call for full disclosure from Hoopla. The rest of Milkshake's energy has been devoted to a strangely amicable debate with HipHop, which I'd encourage everyone to read in isolation. It appears to be an argument on the surface, but neither makes any indication of suspicion about the other or casts votes. It looks like distancing without the risk.

------

I'm inclined to believe that Hoopla is not gambiting scum at the moment, but I'll be watching closely in the upcoming days. Lying (even if you call it a gambit) is still lying, and this move would make sense from a scum perspective as well as town perspective.

------

In conclusion:
Vote: HipHop
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:55 am

Post by charlatan »

Oh, and another point about Milkshake I forgot before:
milkshake wrote:I think Messiah and hiphop are scum buddies *shrug*.
I think they're probably sticking to the Messiah vote after all this time in hopes that the Little Bandwagon That Could still runs up a townie lynch, but tossing hiphop into the mix for a little bit of added distance.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”