Newbie 113 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:14 pm

Post by Tamuz »

If nobody protests we oculd let Kain take up moderatorship of this game since Maximus is gone, Norinel is slow... and Kain still seems interested in the game.

For the sake of moving I would do that, if the rest of you (and Kain) would agree to it.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:49 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I wrote in the New Game Queue that I'd be willing to take this game. I don't know if Norinel is really around right now, but I'm sure he would have agreed to me watching over the game while the current mod is gone .. so if you guys want to send me roles that's fine, or you can wait til Norinel gets back. I'm sure he will return shortly though
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:48 am

Post by Norinel »

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about my absence this weekend when I'd agree to take things temporarily. I'll give it to Nanook then, but here's your deathscene:

Kain (Townie) - lynched Day 1

Send choices to Nanook.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:50 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Meant to do this earlier ...

Little does Norinel know that when he chose me to mod this game I planned to turn it into total chaos :twisted: , Which of course is my specialty. :wink:

On another note, Big_Kahunia was frolicing around last night (in the nude might I add) looking for someone who he believes to be good. Well, someone bad found him and chopped off his manhood. By doing so, BK wasn't able to pursue a career in medicine any longer.

Big_Kahunia, the Doc is dead!

There are 5 of you remaining, which means it takes 3 to Lynch!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Tamuz »

Pah, the Jewish do that all the time, Big_k you're fine, get your ass back in here :D

T'were it to be bolded I'd "Vote: EYNH" due to previously discussed reason of EYNH's supposed scummyness, which I strongly agree with. Lurker behavior, a held vote.

But I don't discount anyone though
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Wow, I'm still alive! Okay, everyone needs to come back to the land of the living and figure out what to do next. I'm still undecided, but want to see what people think after a good night's sleep...

oh, and big_k? Ouch.. :o
Retired as of October 2014.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:48 am

Post by Stam »

Good morning.
I do have some clear suspision here, but I will wait until we hear from everyone.
For now I wil
FOS: NanookTheWolf
. Is it because esme doubted
your
manhood that you pick on to big_k?
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Stam wrote: I do have some clear suspision here, but I will wait until we hear from everyone.
Wait to here what exactly from everyone?

We are basically carrying on our thoughts from 'yesterday' minus a Big_k and Kain. I don't see what you are waiting for, that comment seems full of fluff.
FoS: Stam
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:09 pm

Post by Stam »

I was mainly trying to see if LML and EYNH keep their lurking strategy from yesterday, which they did so far.
But I don't think I will wait any longer. Indeed, I am not saying here more than carrying my thought from yesterday as you put it.
FoS: LML and EYNH
, with a slightly bigger FoS on LML.

LML

Why did you keep acting as if you were forced to vote Kain, when no one was actually forcing you to do that? I reread your posts and it really looks as if you
knew
Kain was innocent all along.

EYNH

Ok, you started a bandwagon on Kain for a reason that intentionally wasn't supposed to make much sense, let's say I believe you that you really thought this is a good strategy. Why did you then leave it for Tamuz and me to continue the interogation of Kain? Why didn't you show your face? Why did you only say that at twilight?
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:44 pm

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

Stam wrote:
EYNH

Ok, you started a bandwagon on Kain for a reason that intentionally wasn't supposed to make much sense, let's say I believe you that you really thought this is a good strategy. Why did you then leave it for Tamuz and me to continue the interogation of Kain? Why didn't you show your face? Why did you only say that at twilight?
I just wasn't paying that much attention to the game. *shrug* I should have clarified earlier. I spoke in twilight because I felt like I should have said something. I understand that the suspicion on me is warranted.

I'm going to assume that the cop is a) LML or b) no one. But I'm leaning towards b) right now, as LML is the most likely scum.
FOS: LML

With that said, I can't see Taumz as LML's partner. I believe Taumz has been acting the most like a townie of anyone in this game. And I am curious about the fact that Stam put a larger FOS on LML than on me: on a LynchOrLose day for the town, a mafia probably wouldn't throw more suspicion on his partner than on an equally suspicious townie. That said, there is one post of Stam's from Day 1 that makes me suspicious: post 71, in which Stam unvotes LML (who has three votes) to put a third on Kain.

As for Flay: I do not know if mafia are given an opportunity to discuss games that begin in day before they start. If not, then I can't see Flay as LML's partner at all: I doubt that scum would go at each other's throats without having coordinating it first. And his post today makes me create an image of a small child saying "No, mommy, I didn't break the cookie jar!" all while holding the shards behind his back. The more I type this post, the more suspicious I become of the mafia being Flay/(Stam/Taumz) pulling the wool over our eyes, but I'll think more about that later. For now, my FOS stands on LML.
prinny, dood
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:06 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I suppose I deserve the suspicion on me for that earlier post. I wanted to hear from people, since there was a big silence after Tamuz' daybreak post, and didn't have anything new to add myself. Then last night we had a storm and I couldn't follow up on it.

Right now I'm leaning towards Stam and LML being our scum, but I want to hear if we got any night results first; unfortunately big_k won't be able to confirm anyone through a successful protection, which would have been the nicest outcome.

I don't like EYNH's whole "I did that specifically for crappy logic reasons" revelation from twilight yesterday, but LML's protestations of innocence still bother me, and Stam still seems wildly inconsistent. Tamuz could go either way, still...which probably means he's scum, given my record. :roll:
EnterYourNameHere wrote:As for Flay: I do not know if mafia are given an opportunity to discuss games that begin in day before they start. If not, then I can't see Flay as LML's partner at all: I doubt that scum would go at each other's throats without having coordinating it first. And his post today makes me create an image of a small child saying "No, mommy, I didn't break the cookie jar!" all while holding the shards behind his back.
In general, but not always, mafia get to talk during the confirmation stage of a Day-dawning game. I don't know which way Maximus went with, since he didn't post much of an opener and I'm not one of the scum.

It's a good consideration, though I generally assume they can talk beforehand (I couldn't in my first game, Newbie 25, and raised holy hell about it afterward, even though we won).
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:52 am

Post by Stam »

Mr. Flay - I am not sure what you meant by me being inconsistent. Can you elaborate on that?

EYNH - Although I still suspect you, I must say your confusion sounds genuine. If you are a scum, you are very good in acting confused.

LML - post or I will vote.

mod
- can you prod LoudmouthLee, just in case he doesn't know we dawned? (not that I believe that)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:06 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Stam wrote:Mr. Flay - I am not sure what you meant by me being inconsistent. Can you elaborate on that?
What I meant was that you are/were being fairly insightful at times, and boneheaded at others (like killing Kain suddenly), or this little gem:
LML - post or I will vote. [/color]
My suspicions on you are not alleviated, Stam, because you threaten to vote him. Possibly *especially* because you threaten to vote him this early, knowing that we are in lynch-or-lose. If either yourself or both of you are scum, however, you know we have nothing to lose from a 1st vote on LML at this point.

Very interesting. I'm tempted to call your bluff, but I want this to be more than a two-person conversation first.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:03 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

LML has been prodded
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Tamuz »

As a single person my list goes as follows

1. EYNH
2. LML
3. Stam
4. Mr. Flay

However, when looking at pairings a Stam EYNH pair looks plausible. Stam went on an attack of EYNH, alienating himself from EYNH, and then quickly nixes that and says his "confession is geniun". After this Stam moves his suspicions to LML, very very quickly and loudly trying to make our choice between LML and EYNH, rather than looking at Stam himself in a mafia.

I don't like Stam atoll anymore, looking in terms of a pair he looks very scummy.

Flay, I still don't like you, but I'm coming to accept that that is your playing style, I want to believe your guilty, but I don't
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:44 am

Post by big_kahunia »

What am I supposed to tell my suga-mommas now?
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:39 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Just tell them my address :P
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:50 pm

Post by Stam »

My list goes as follows

1. LML
2. EYNH
3. Mr. Flay
4. Tamuz

I did not threat LML in order to alleviate anyone's suspision. I did it because it looks like the only way to get him to talk. It's funny that Mr. Flay sees this as an indication that I am a scum with LML and Tamuz sees this as an indication that I am a scum with EYNH.

Tamuz, I said confusion. Not confession. EYNH looked confused when trying to guess who the scums are, and I think confusion is hard to fake, but maybe I am wrong. If you think EYNH is a better target than LML, make your case. I am listening. You didn't give any good argument today besides "previously discussed reason of EYNH's supposed scummyness".

Mr. Flay looks a bit too interested me going ahead and voting on LML. This ring little alarms in my head. But still, my threat is valid. If LML doesn't post - I will vote.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:02 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Hey hey! My internet died teh last few days, and Time Warner just came to fix it!

Let me check what's going on.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:12 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

EYNH wrote: I just wasn't paying that much attention to the game. *shrug* I should have clarified earlier. I spoke in twilight because I felt like I should have said something. I understand that the suspicion on me is warranted.
Clasically, defined as lurking. My internet acess dies for a few days, I get prodded. EYNH is gone for a long time day one? He floats by?

1st and foremost -
FoS: Stam and EYNH
- Stam for forcing the stilly prod, and EYNH for being blatantly scumtastic. Here we are.

By the way, just as an off comment - If there are ANY TWO people on the site that could totally go at each other's throats and be scum together, it's Flay and I. :evil:

But, I want you, again, to look very closely at the people up against me. It's LYNCH AND LOSE right now.

Right now, I'm pretty sure that Flay is innocent. Call it a hunch.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:44 am

Post by Stam »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Hey hey! My internet died teh last few days, and Time Warner just came to fix it!
Switch to Verizon DSL.

Ok, I will not vote on you for now, although I can't say I got much information from your post. Random accusations and random "hunch". It looks like you know you are doomed and you already try to play WIFOM. what about answering any of the questions you were asked?
Anyway, I just observed something that might imply EYNH is a better lynch than you. I need to gather more information to be sure.

Mr. Flay - I try to be as insightful as I can, but yes, I still make mistakes. Killing Kain of cousre was one of them, but I don't understand why you say I did that "suddenly". We were yo-yoing around Kain for several days. I said I was going to kill him once you come back, and nothing happened in the mean time that could indicate his innocence. You said my threat on LML was a bonehead's gem - maybe you are right, I really don't know. I just don't like it when the two most likely being the scums sit back and watch us without taking a part in the conversation or at least answer the questions directed to them.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:45 am

Post by Stam »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Hey hey! My internet died teh last few days, and Time Warner just came to fix it!
Switch to Verizon DSL.

Ok, I will not vote on you for now, although I can't say I got much information from your post. Random accusations and random "hunch". It looks like you know you are doomed and you already try to play WIFOM. what about answering any of the questions you were asked?
Anyway, I just observed something that might imply EYNH is a better lynch than you. I need to gather more information to be sure.

Mr. Flay - I try to be as insightful as I can, but yes, I still make mistakes. Killing Kain of cousre was one of them, but I don't understand why you say I did that "suddenly". We were yo-yoing around Kain for several days. I said I was going to kill him once you come back, and nothing happened in the mean time that could indicate his innocence. You said my threat on LML was a bonehead's gem - maybe you are right, I really don't know. I just don't like it when the two most likely being the scums sit back and watch us without taking a part in the conversation or at least answer the questions directed to them.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm going to take a calculated risk here, but my innocence in nearly everyone's eyes makes it a justifiable one, with big_k dead. Then maybe you'll see why some people thought I was "controlling the game" yesterday.

I'm the cop. If someone wants to make my job easy by claiming against me, feel free. :D I've got one investigation, on a live player, but I won't say who yet, or whether it's pro-town or scum result. I know 4 out of 7 allegiances, then, including myself and the two dead players. If we play our cards right, we should be able to wrap this up today and tomorrow with fairly little struggle.

Going to reread everyone's posts and start correlating known falsehoods; more later.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:33 am

Post by Stam »

YOU are the cop?
I was sure Tamuz was the cop finding EYNH guility.
That would explain his behavior.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:25 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Think of it this way: everyone else is either (a) working off their same suspicions as yesterday, or (b) scum, working their angle as best they can. Either one can account for anyone's behavior except mine, I think...it would make 0 sense for me to false-claim now when everyone already thinks I'm innocent, if I was scum...all I'd have to do is steer the suspicion onto a non-scum, and we'd win.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”