Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Neopi, nothing else to say? Have you read the entire game?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Starbuck »

I was thinking about coming up with cases for everyone on my wagon, but it's just a waste of time if I'm just gonna die anyways whether you guys believe me or not.

Unvote

Vote: Neopi

At least until he comes up with his own case and isn't piggybacking off of 5 other people.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Unvote

Not ready for a lynch just yet. Neopi, could you explain why you want a vote on Starbuck? You can't just come in and say you agree with the other 5 voting her. Actually make a case, please.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 am

Post by semioldguy »

Unvote; Vote: Neopi

fuzzylightning was bad. Your entry into the game is looking like you just want to slip right into day two unnoticed and without much to be held against you by putting everyone a day behind in getting a read on you. You need to provide some more solid thoughts on the game thus far rather than an "I agree, let's go!" post.

Coming to that conclusion after supposedly going through the whole thread in less than an hour doesn't look so hot either.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by chamber »

vote fuzzylightning
I'm happy.
Taking a break from the site.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Crazy »

I agree that fuzzylightning was bad; I wish he had stayed long enough to answer my question.

I'll give Neopi time to respond more in-depthly first, though.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by chamber »

unvote fuzzylightning vote neopi
because I'm a moron.
Taking a break from the site.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Crazy wrote:
SC wrote:Didn't I just tell Crazy it's too early to speculate on what name could be what role? We have absolutely nothing solid.
Have you looked at the roles from the last game, dude?

Bolt - Vanilla Townie
-Bolt is a TV superhero that believes he has powers but really doesn't.

Violet - Cop
-Violet has the power to turn invisible, which would make a very good cop.

Kenai - Jailkeeper
-A man that turned into a bear and who ends up taking care of a young bear cub.

Kronk - Vanilla Townie
-He appears strong, but he's pretty dumb, so he doesn't end up helping do anything in the film.

Diego - Vigilante
-Diego is totally a rebel, all the way.

Lightning McQueen - Bus Driver
-He is a car, and he drives pretty fast. XD

Stitch - Traitor
-He appears as a dog to Lilo, but all he really likes to do is cause destruction.

Remy - Weak Tracker
-Still don't quite get this, although Remy
is
a rat.

RJ - Theif
-One of the most obvious; he's a raccoon that's stealing a collection of food to ward off a hungry bear.

Po - Vanilla Townie
-Po is very incapable compared to the rest of the martial arts characters.

Dory - Vanilla Townie
-Has short-term memory loss and she never really initiated anything by herself.

Morph - Some kind of redirector or something
-I'm actually not familiar with Treasure Planet, but the character and role both involves morphing.
And all of this information helps me in this particular game how? I find it easier and more effective to scumhunt than to concentrate on claims and potentially get caught in a mod-WIFOM game. If you want to give me a lesson on Good Claims and Bad Claims 101, you can, but I'd rather it be in Mafia Discussion, and it's probably safest to do that when the game is over.

Morph was actually a framer in the last game, not a redirector.
semioldguy wrote:StrangerCoug is becoming suspicious to me, and maybe you’ll just be one of those players who I always find suspicious, but I really don’t understand your strong town read on me earlier. No one else had a town read on me then, and if I’m being perfectly honest, I would have a somewhere in the neutral read on myself.
Perhaps I like thinking of everybody as innocent until proven guilty. I don't think I help anybody by trying to explain the subconscious, but people who make good cases look town to me.

And I'm not the towniest player around, hence why I call myself a village idiot.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
semioldguy wrote:StrangerCoug is becoming suspicious to me, and maybe you’ll just be one of those players who I always find suspicious, but I really don’t understand your strong town read on me earlier. No one else had a town read on me then, and if I’m being perfectly honest,
I would have a somewhere in the neutral read on myself.
Are you admitting to not playing pro-town? :?
This comes off a bit jumpy.
Neopi wrote:i agree with all of the star buck case and with that

Vote: Starbuck
Would you like to give your own input?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Brandi »

Wow Neopi, you could have at least posted some sort of assessment on the game so far? Why are you voting for starbuck other than you agree with the wagon? What points do you agree with? You do know that you put her at L-1?

I do notice that Neopi has only 6 posts on the entire site. Either he's really noob town or really noob scum... but seriously, is this your first mafia game Neopi?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Brandi wrote:Wow Neopi, you could have at least posted some sort of assessment on the game so far? Why are you voting for starbuck other than you agree with the wagon? What points do you agree with? You do know that you put her at L-1?

I do notice that Neopi has only 6 posts on the entire site. Either he's really noob town or really noob scum... but seriously, is this your first mafia game Neopi?
Doing a search of his posts gives me a seventh one in Mish Mash, but that doesn't invalidate a very good point you made.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

StrangerCoug wrote: Perhaps I like thinking of everybody as innocent until proven guilty. I don't think I help anybody by trying to explain the subconscious, but people who make good cases look town to me.

And I'm not the towniest player around, hence why I call myself a village idiot.
This is an extremely scummy statement. Western law should not be a model applied to mafia. Mafia is about mob justice, not courtroom justice. No one is innocent until proven guilty, it is guilty until proven innocent. This just sounds like a ploy to muddy the waters.

And the "village idiot" stamtment is bogus too, I know SC to be intelligent. This just sounds like an attempt to explain future scummy behavior.

FOS: StrangerCoug
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:24 pm
Starbuck wrote:I would hammer myself to move the game along if I was scum. Since I'm not scum, I'm not going to hammer myself.
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm
Starbuck wrote:Ok, you want role info, fine. I'm done trying to save myself, this town is doomed anyways.

Unvote

I'm frustrated and I've had enough.

I'm sorry, but saying that if you were scum you would hammer yourself, and then trying to hammer yourself 17 minutes later sure looks like scum to me.

There is nothing "opportunistic" about me voting you at L-2 after you purported to self-hammer in such a scummy fashion.

Also, while I do not post much, I am not "lurking" - I just don't get a lot of time to read and post due to the site being blocked at work, leaving only short periods of time in the evening for me to play during the week. This weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada and I was away for most of it, and I made a special effort to get online and caught up yesterday.

I remain suspicious of chamber and Gorrad, but will do a complete re-read when I can.

I see that I now have two more pages to catch up on since yesterday, which I will do tonight.

Regards,
Jazz
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: Perhaps I like thinking of everybody as innocent until proven guilty. I don't think I help anybody by trying to explain the subconscious, but people who make good cases look town to me.

This is an extremely scummy statement. Western law should not be a model applied to mafia. Mafia is about mob justice, not courtroom justice. No one is innocent until proven guilty, it is guilty until proven innocent. This just sounds like a ploy to muddy the waters.

And the "village idiot" stamtment is bogus too, I know SC to be intelligent. This just sounds like an attempt to explain future scummy behavior.

FOS: StrangerCoug
You are reading too much into my post. The "innocent until proven guilty" bit was a conjecture about my play, not a definitive statement about it. I play as I go and often pay very little attention to myself. If I notice something about my play, it is often well after the fact. I am not asking semioldguy to accept that I think that players are innocent until proven guilty à la court justice. If he knows my playstyle to be otherwise, then he knows my playstyle to be otherwise. That simple.

As for the village idiot statement, I am not questioning my own intelligence; I am questioning my own play. Of course I am intelligent. I used to be on the Academic Decathlon, have played awhile in a quiz bowl, and own a Jeopardy! board game that I've won a couple times. Mafia is by no means anything like AcaDec or trivia games. It doesn't matter who ruled France when; if you can't make convincing statements and closely monitor your play, you will not be a good Mafia player.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Crazy »

SC wrote:And all of this information helps me in this particular game how? I find it easier and more effective to scumhunt than to concentrate on claims and potentially get caught in a mod-WIFOM game. If you want to give me a lesson on Good Claims and Bad Claims 101, you can, but I'd rather it be in Mafia Discussion, and it's probably safest to do that when the game is over.
Scum-hunting is used mainly to determine who we want to claim. The claim will result in a lynch (if the claim sucks), a refusal to lynch (if the claim is good), or more scum-hunting (if it's neither). If we're going to pick "more scum-hunting" every time, regardless of what the claim is, then there's really no point in claiming.

Personally, I think Starbuck's claim is good. It matches the ability nicely in a somewhat unexpected way, which is what you'd expect from a good role PM. And it matches the generality of the role PMs of the last game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Jazzmyn wrote:Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:24 pm
Starbuck wrote:I would hammer myself to move the game along if I was scum. Since I'm not scum, I'm not going to hammer myself.
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm
Starbuck wrote:Ok, you want role info, fine. I'm done trying to save myself, this town is doomed anyways.

Unvote

I'm frustrated and I've had enough.

I'm sorry, but saying that if you were scum you would hammer yourself, and then trying to hammer yourself 17 minutes later sure looks like scum to me.

There is nothing "opportunistic" about me voting you at L-2 after you purported to self-hammer in such a scummy fashion.

Also, while I do not post much, I am not "lurking" - I just don't get a lot of time to read and post due to the site being blocked at work, leaving only short periods of time in the evening for me to play during the week. This weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada and I was away for most of it, and I made a special effort to get online and caught up yesterday.

I remain suspicious of chamber and Gorrad, but will do a complete re-read when I can.

I see that I now have two more pages to catch up on since yesterday, which I will do tonight.

Regards,
Jazz
I definitely think that you keep using excuses for not posting.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Gorrad »

Crazy wrote:Personally, I think Starbuck's claim is good. It matches the ability nicely in a somewhat unexpected way, which is what you'd expect from a good role PM. And it matches the generality of the role PMs of the last game.
What ability?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Crazy »

Gorrad wrote:
Crazy wrote:Personally, I think Starbuck's claim is good. It matches the ability nicely in a somewhat unexpected way, which is what you'd expect from a good role PM. And it matches the generality of the role PMs of the last game.
What ability?
Vanilla. :P
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:52 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I have recently noticed that this is occuring this weekend, which is at the same time as the current deadline. Due to that the deadline is being extended to Monday October 19th, 9PM, PST, in order to prevent any conflict. If for any reason the site happens to be down for longer, I will add time as needed.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Neopi »

yes this is my first game, i am sorry if i seem noobish, im new at forum mafia, the mafia i ve played is kinda different
pie for all and all for pie!
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Neopi »

and starbuck in accorance to your comment, thats all the case there is for me to come up with, i have reviewed the case and im thinking aobut changing my vote, im sorry
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Neopi »

chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
How am I being anti-town? I'm just trying to gauge Monkey's reaction

Starbuck wrote:
Wow, Monkey. You seem to be getting worked up over something so small.

In what way do statements like this help you judge his reaction?

You responded to this last time but it didn't actually answer the question and I think its relevent now. What I point out here is my main issue with you, though it carried forward to future posts. It never felt like you were trying to figure out his alignment, only trying to paint him as scum the whole time.

chamber wrote:
Also, I just reread you[starbuck] in iso, and I seriously want a full case, in your words, against monkey.

You never responded to this, please do.

this summus up my point espically starbucks reaction
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Starbuck »

Neopi wrote:
chamber wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
How am I being anti-town? I'm just trying to gauge Monkey's reaction

Starbuck wrote:
Wow, Monkey. You seem to be getting worked up over something so small.

In what way do statements like this help you judge his reaction?

You responded to this last time but it didn't actually answer the question and I think its relevent now. What I point out here is my main issue with you, though it carried forward to future posts. It never felt like you were trying to figure out his alignment, only trying to paint him as scum the whole time.

chamber wrote:
Also, I just reread you[starbuck] in iso, and I seriously want a full case, in your words, against monkey.

You never responded to this, please do.

this summus up my point espically starbucks reaction
You are still parroting off of others and not coming up with your own case. New or not, you say you've played mafia before.
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Neopi »

well not forum mafia much witch is a whole different animal, so eh opinion is yours, and i have all right to agree with someone
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Starbuck »

On this forum, normally, if you don't come up with your own case, new to the game or not, it's seen as being scummy and just not being able to do so.

You have no comments on anyone else other than me? No questions for me or anyone else?
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Neopi »

i was mostly focusing on who the main cases were against so eh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”