Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by tubby216 »

EtherealCookie wrote:...
Well, you have tubby's support. . I really, really, want to lynch him bad, but meta tells me that he behaves this way regularly. Agrees with Meji, vote. Amazing. Just amazing.
are you shocked more about my play or that your partner is at l-2 and you don't wether to join us or try to get me lynched,,,,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

tubby - what links do you have showing between bfl and cookie then?
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

No, I'm shocked at the fact you're extremely unintelligent, and that's putting it nicely.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by tubby216 »

EtherealCookie wrote:No, I'm shocked at the fact you're extremely unintelligent, and that's putting it nicely.
oh come on don't be bitter,, you know best laid plans and all
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Meji Fan wrote:tubby - what links do you have showing between bfl and cookie then?
for starters re-read page 10,
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

See?
That shows absolutely nothing.
You just say reread page 10. That means nothing.
It's not helping town.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by tubby216 »

bjl wrote:no night kill, eh? looks like we have a doc, and they got lucky.
bjl wrote:
Meji Fan wrote:Okay, Im definitely looking at bfl, first one to get to speculating on the doc is suspicious, not entirely unlike 'congratulating the doctor'

how/why is it suspicious? what other explanation is there? I guess it's possible the mafia chose to not kill, but that's not likely and doesn't make sense. If we had been past the 72 hour time-limit for night, I would have considered the possibility that the mafia didn't get their orders in.
bjl wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: Why not? It gets everyone thinking doctor, and then the doctor (if there is one) becomes tempted to claim with the information they think they gained. It's actually a more common tactic than one might think. (Also consider that it can make for a good fake claim by mafia later in the game should it become clear to them that there is no doctor.)

how are people not already "thinking doctor" with no one dying during the night?

What's the common tactic? Not killing so it looks like there is a doc, so you can claim doc? That seems quite risky.

these three posts alone warrant a lynch, almost baiting any potential power roles to out themselves.

now lets have a look at cookie shall we?

buddying attempt #1
EtherealCookie wrote:I found some meta on Tubby. It's normal for him to act like this, and everyone suspects him of scum but it turns out he isn't. That doesn't mean we dismiss him from being scum, but his behavior isn't as odd as it might seem. I more of see "Useless Townie" than "Scummy".
buddying attempt #2
EtherealCookie wrote:I have meta on Tubby that shows he behaves like this as Town anyhow. I don't see why people are saying I have lots of information on him. I just quoted some stuff and wrote a one liner response. Manho is #2 most scummy for me. However, your posts just seemed scummy to me. I especially didn't like the first quote about "If I were mafia" comment catching attention. I also didn't understand why you announced you were trying to get a response out of Manho and then FoS'd him. If he knows your intent, and he's scum, it's not likely he's going to react heavily.
EtherealCookie wrote:Well, I'd imagine scum would want to avoid doing something like this because it'd draw so much attention.
WIFOM
EtherealCookie wrote:...
Well, you have tubby's support. . I really, really, want to lynch him bad, but meta tells me that he behaves this way regularly. Agrees with Meji, vote. Amazing. Just amazing.
setting up mislynch

scum responses
EtherealCookie wrote:Well.
I was wrong about Wrath. I'm surprised, honestly.
First, we need to examine the bandwagon on Wrath. Look for those who have very little reasoning for their votes.
quote="EtherealCookie"]Why is it suspicious to assume first that we have a doctor? Nobody died tonight. It's not surprising someone might think there's a doctor.[/quote]
misleading town

you know what you talked me out of lynching your buddy

unvote vote: cookie
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by tubby216 »

EtherealCookie wrote:See?
That shows absolutely nothing.
You just say reread page 10. That means nothing.
It's not helping town.
take a deep breathe, I said "for starters" wich is implied there is more to follow, now after calmly reading my post then you can frea out and flame the day away go ahead i won't be mad at you
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

these three posts alone warrant a lynch, almost baiting any potential power roles to out themselves.
Cool, through three points alone, you claim it warrants a lynch. And I'm pretty sure any power role has sense enough NOT to come out in the first place.
buddying attempt #1
EtherealCookie wrote:
I found some meta on Tubby. It's normal for him to act like this, and everyone suspects him of scum but it turns out he isn't. That doesn't mean we dismiss him from being scum, but his behavior isn't as odd as it might seem. I more of see "Useless Townie" than "Scummy".

buddying attempt #2
EtherealCookie wrote:
I have meta on Tubby that shows he behaves like this as Town anyhow. I don't see why people are saying I have lots of information on him. I just quoted some stuff and wrote a one liner response. Manho is #2 most scummy for me. However, your posts just seemed scummy to me. I especially didn't like the first quote about "If I were mafia" comment catching attention. I also didn't understand why you announced you were trying to get a response out of Manho and then FoS'd him. If he knows your intent, and he's scum, it's not likely he's going to react heavily.
Oh look.
I pointed out you act completely useless in all your games, have terrible points.
That must be a buddying attempt!

Once again, I feel the urge to point out you have terrible reasons to vote for me.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by tubby216 »

^i feel the urge to task you ,, you have no defense then other then to say i am a poor player with poor points? awesomeness pure awesomeness
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:56 am

Post by manho »

cookie and bjl are likely to be the two scum. let's see their ISO.

yernab:
#0: confirming
#1: the "if you were scum" agrument ok for starting a discussion, but he said he would do "something" if he was scum and as he is town he will do "other things". seems trying hard to look pro-town, which is a scum tell for me.
#2: give up his "method" when someone disagree with it.
#3: "Pretty confident, then? =P " when someone accuse him. avoid defend himself
#4: say he would be playing safe the rest of the day, and that he knew there will be risk by starting the discussion, which implies he would play safe from the start if he is scum. trying to look pro-town again.
#5: defending himself against soyasushi, and the defense is acceptable. but the last part is interesting:
yernab wrote:After reading EtherealCookie's analysis, I decided to look at manho's posts exclusively. If you're reading this, go ahead - at the bottom of the page, set the user to "manho" and see what you get. Although the bulk of EtherealCookie's analysis is aimed at tubby, who has been... rather unhelpful on the whole, manho's posts are even more devoid of substance. And he's an SE, too - if anything, he should be using the benefit of his experience to help us scumhunt. But so far, nothing.
EtherealCookie wrote:I didn't know I could set to user posts. Thanks for that. Makes reading people much more easier.
scummy talking with scum-buddy?

bjl:
#1: dodging soyasushi's question about yernab
#2: said yernab's "trying to look pro-town" as a newbie town mistake, which i disagree. said he had reread the thread a few times but don't find anything blatantly scummy. and then implied we should not scumhunt in day 1. but then ask for reasons for wrath's wagon. maybe trying to find reason to jump on the wagon.
#3: congratulating the doctor
#4-5: explaining why everyone should think there is a doctor

cookie:
#0: confirming as replacement
#1: analysing tubby, wrath and me. and the analysis is acceptable
#2: give a case on wrath, and the case is good
#3: buddying tubby, as tubby said
#4: responding to yernab's #5 post, and i've quoted it above. seems talking to scum-buddy
#5: talking about the post filter
#6: buddying tubby again, as tubby said. attacking wrath and secretly approve of yernab's "if i were scum" question
#7: talking about tubby FoS me for my "contradiction" of haven't been scum before but have been scum. (see post 133)
#8: saying wrath's vote on him is more like a retaliation
#9-15: defending himself and attacking wrath, which i agreed
#16-18: discussing who is the next target if wrath flips scum. probably looking for the next mislynch
#19: "Did he just kill him?"
#20: said he knew who to look for if wrath flips
town

#21: said wrath should do better if he is
town

#22: buddying tubby again
#23: finding the mod
#24: "Well. I was wrong about Wrath. I'm surprised, honestly." the word "honestly" didn't seem honest
#25-26: defending bjl
#27-30: defending himself and attacking tubby.

conclusion: yernab and bjl is scum, and cookie is likely to be scum and scum-buddy of yernab/bjl. there are scum interaction between them. cookie is pro-town and scumhunting well in day 1, but he seems know wrath would flip town in twilight, see #20-21. and then he is confident that he is right in day 2. really inconsisting.

so,
vote: bjl
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:56 am

Post by Soyasushi »

Thanks for the list, manho.

And also, for perhaps the 3rd/4th time - I would like to point out that yernab had been, over and over again, dodging most of my important points and only concentrating on the "smiley" crap (which at first I meant that he's just trying to buddy up with townspeople), and making it seem as if the whole "smiley" thing was my only argument. It's pretty scummy to me, and bjl's "I dunno, newb town mistake?" avoiding of question makes it all the more scummy.

So just like yesterday, I'm still sticking on yernab/bjl. They seem more scummy than anything now.
I only play one game at a time, until further notice.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Kay.
I just feel the need to point out you are wrong, you are looking at the wrong people, and I am pretty sure BJL will not flip scum. Once again, turn your attention the bandwagon, because that's where the scum lies. So. Bandwagon on bjl, if you must. We'll see where that leads.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

EtherealCookie wrote:Kay.
I just feel the need to point out you are wrong, you are looking at the wrong people, and I am pretty sure BJL will not flip scum.
Once again, turn your attention the bandwagon, because that's where the scum lies. So. Bandwagon on bjl, if you must. We'll see where that leads.
Vote: EtherealCookie

The bold in the quotes pretty much says it all.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Mmm. If you feel so. I have a feeling scum is pushing BJL lynch, and will probably push my lynch. Zach seems pro town at the moment, but I can't tell.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah well see, at the same time you insist BJL will flip town you're also fine with his bandwagon.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Well. Given people seem convinced on this BJL is scum thing, there's not much I can do, especially if people are passing me off as scumbuddies with him. I don't believe he is scum. I believe the scum is trying to push for his death. I will give a read of those people tomorrow.
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Soyasushi »

What makes you so sure that BJL will not flip scum? Do you have more information than we do?

I can't be completely sure that bjl is scum, but he's definitely the scummiest. But here you are saying that he definitely will not be scum, without even stating any reason to prove otherwise. What makes you think he isn't scum? What points do you have in his defense?

Then again, I don't really think scum would be so protective of their scumbuddy as they would at least try some form of distancing, but that's WIFOM, and I might be wrong.

If you don't think bjl is scum, at least say something as to why you don't think he's scum. It's possible that you're not scum and instead have a power role, but for the time being, IGMEOY, Cookie.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:56 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

I've already said why I don't think BJL is scum. I think scum was on Wraith of Shadow's bandwagon.
I think scum is probably on BJL's bandwagon.

So, let's examine people who voted for Wraith.
Manho -
i don't think 75% is concrete. and focusing on 3 people in a review is not a concrete reason for voting someone, especially when you say you rarely vote. so, vote: Wrath
Wrath's vote on EtherealCookie is 25% OMGUS and 75% for him focusing on 3 people, which is not a scum tell. so, wrath's vote didn't have much basis but OMGUS, which is scummy. and that he said before that he won't vote without concrete reason, which lead to inconsistence, which is also scummy.
He pointed out something that was genuinely scummy. Wrath was contradicting himself. Manho had a good reason for voting for Wrath, in my opinion, and didn't just jump onto the bandwagon.

Town vibes.

Zach -
Unvote, Vote: Wraith

Not wanting people to do scumlists is a style of play that tends to stifle scumhunting and is an anti-town position. Sure, the scum could take advantage of information we discuss, but scum have the advantage anyway. Discussion is vital to the town's success, and scumlists are one of the best ways a lot of players find to communicate their stances.

I am also disliking how suddenly suspicious he became of ethereal only after Ethereal voted for him. I'd be interested to know what Wraith thought of Ethereal before Ethereal voted for him, but that presents the problem of whether I could take Wraith at his word for it.
First paragraph. Great.
Second paragraph. Already mentioned above. He's just repeating what has already been said.
Neutral vibes.
Okay, I went back and looked over this whole crazy scumlist battle and the Wrath/Cookie war

Zach / Cookie - do note on the scumlist topic

tubby - good, but near the end of the day
manho - bit anti-town
myself - you have to decide yourself
soyasuhi - doesnt seem to have an opinion (was asking)

Zach + Cookie - like scumlists

Hardly unaminous support, I hardly find the opinion that scumlists are less helpful to be a great scumtell

That said - lets look at Wrath's posts

55 - nothing, says net down
59 - says the discussion could be interesting, but doesnt share any of these interesting insights. Also assures me he knows of the scum lurk bit (which I said I didnt suspect him of really)
65 - Assures me AGAIN (ookay. Im sure my 61 wasnt that accusatory), answers soyasushi's question, says starting discussion is pro-town
66 - cant post much
82 - FoS Manho . . for no discerned reason to gather response? (I question in 83)
92 - not doing anything suspicious makes you suspicious? Right, a version of the too-townie fallacy almost? Also doesnt like scumlists
95 - more on not liking scumlists
103 - votes only when concrete. Arguing with Zach on scumlists and Zach saying he isnt scum hunting really

And then in 131 the Cookie go round begins!
And his main focus in 131 is 'Cookie is smart and charismatic, and has other options, so why me?'

Im not to terribly impressed . . . especially with his, uh, not one shred of suspicion generated toward ANYONE in the previous 6 posts (not counting the net down one), the FoS Manho doesnt count, since didnt give any reason for suspicion (and blatantly said, in the post where he FoSed, just to see reaction)

I am beginning to think yeah, we have our scum here

We need a votecount <b>Mod, votecount please</b>

But Im happy with Wrath now, just dont want to accidentally hammer before the 'good at end of day' scumlists appear
I don't find any of these great points at all. I've already pointed out the thing with manho. Okay, you pointed out he said I was intelligent yet I voted for him. How is that a scum tell? He's just asking why I suspected him the most.
ure, lets see. Why vote for Wrath?

First off - he hasnt posted since Oct 3, and suddenly shows up to post right when he goes to L-1?

His Cookie vote is not very solid, (11th Wrath post). Cookie is 'intelligent and can sway any argument' and that Cookie had two other cases that apparently were good. The cases also werent good enough for Wrath, since he voted Cookie

He in his 12th apparently it was bad of Cookie for focusing on him, manho, and tubby. Yet in the SAME post he notes he has 3 ideas for scum also. How is that a case on Cookie?

13+14 - not so interesting. But definitely not convincing me Cookie is better

15 - Ah, Im bad now that I voted for him? (And he finally posts again when he is at L-1). Why not post when I made my case earlier on him when I said I was going to vote

The day is nearing a close and Im deciding Wrath is looking like the best bet

My earlier case still seems valid, but this is a fresh look at it
Yea, suspicious that he came back at L-1, but a townie would do the same thing.

You've also mentioned the part about "He's intelligent" before, but yes, if he agrees with my points, why did he vote for me? That shows OMGUS.

Third paragraph is once again true.

And yes, it is odd that you're suddenly scum because you voted for him.

Neutral vibes.
well i still like yernab for scum, but with the deadline comeing
i'll just have to look into BJL later then
unvote, vote wrathofshadows
Oh look. He hasn't mentioned a SINGLE thing about suspecting Wrath, yet he hammers him. And yet people are looking at BJL? All right, I think it's time I dug deeper into his meta.
Tubby, I am requesting both games of you as scum and as town.
I've found one game myself, I lost the other. It is #729. From what I see, he votes people and has REASONS for voting them. He also is town #729. However, in this game, he provides no reasoning on his hammer. Later, it's "someone had to do it," as a reasoning.

Scum vibes.

I'll examine BJL wagon in a bit.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:23 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

BJL wagon:
Okay, Ive done a reread on bfl . . . and he, like yernab, contributed almost nothing. Especially nothing on the whole Wrath case despite having at least a few people spefically ask him his thoughts. He just said he didnt see anything scummy, and asked what the case on Wrath was. And never replied after I presented my case

bfl is my new favorite person
Vote: bfl
Okay, contributed nothing. Understandable reason.
Okay, Im definitely looking at bfl, first one to get to speculating on the doc is suspicious, not entirely unlike 'congratulating the doctor'
I'd have probably done it otherwise. This is a newbie game, and I'd have thought doctor protected someone from dying too.

Once again, neutral vibe.

Tubby.
close ach, but what i believe ethreal and bfl are looking for is the cop claim.

see scum don't nite kill, leaves town thin doc suceeded , cop feel safe to claim knowing there is a doc to protect him, scum kill cop

however if we have one or both roles both should be quiet about who they are
Yay, he's already put me as scum, for one sentence. How nice. I'm looking for the cop, apparently! Oh, one question, tubby. Why are you assuming we have a cop? That is pretty suspicious.
agrees with meji,

vote:bfl
Wow. Great reason. Way to bring something new into the case.

Scum vibes, still.

Soyasushi
Okay, I can understand that. You had a previous case on Yernab, and thought he was scum.
I can't be completely sure that bjl is scum, but he's definitely the scummiest. But here you are saying that he definitely will not be scum, without even stating any reason to prove otherwise. What makes you think he isn't scum? What points do you have in his defense? /quote]
Really? Did you NOT see tubby hammer someone with no reason?
Then again, I don't really think scum would be so protective of their scumbuddy as they would at least try some form of distancing, but that's WIFOM, and I might be wrong.
And you might be wrong if you do think scum would be protective of their scum buddy. It works either way.

Manho

yernab:
#1: the "if you were scum" agrument ok for starting a discussion, but he said he would do "something" if he was scum and as he is town he will do "other things". seems trying hard to look pro-town, which is a scum tell for me.
#4: say he would be playing safe the rest of the day, and that he knew there will be risk by starting the discussion, which implies he would play safe from the start if he is scum. trying to look pro-town again.
#5: defending himself against soyasushi, and the defense is acceptable. but the last part is interesting:
yernab wrote:
After reading EtherealCookie's analysis, I decided to look at manho's posts exclusively. If you're reading this, go ahead - at the bottom of the page, set the user to "manho" and see what you get. Although the bulk of EtherealCookie's analysis is aimed at tubby, who has been... rather unhelpful on the whole, manho's posts are even more devoid of substance. And he's an SE, too - if anything, he should be using the benefit of his experience to help us scumhunt. But so far, nothing.

EtherealCookie wrote:
I didn't know I could set to user posts. Thanks for that. Makes reading people much more easier.

bjl:
#2: said yernab's "trying to look pro-town" as a newbie town mistake, which i disagree. said he had reread the thread a few times but don't find anything blatantly scummy. and then implied we should not scumhunt in day 1. but then ask for reasons for wrath's wagon. maybe trying to find reason to jump on the wagon.

conclusion: yernab and bjl is scum, and cookie is likely to be scum and scum-buddy of yernab/bjl. there are scum interaction between them. cookie is pro-town and scumhunting well in day 1, but he seems know wrath would flip town in twilight, see #20-21. and then he is confident that he is right in day 2. really inconsisting.

so, vote: bjl
Oh man, Manho. The guy who followed me onto Wrath's bandwagon quickly, and now I'm scum? Huh. I think my Day II read is going to be much different on you. If I had to guess who were most likely scumbuddies, I'd go with you and Tubby. You both seem keen to support the "EC is Scum!" case. Oh look, you don't like Yernab because he wants to examine you closely. Then BJL comes along. Decent case against BJL. Nothing worthy of a lynching.

The EC Bandwagon!

Tubby! Yay!
are you shocked more about my play or that your partner is at l-2 and you don't wether to join us or try to get me lynched,,,,
Oh look, he's trying to make it seem like I'm partners with BJL without really accusing me of it. Just subtly saying it. Huh. Why not just confront me and pull out a case claiming I'm scumbuddies with him? Oh, simple, he doesn't have a good case. He just wants me dead.
No case. He just tells people that we're scum and is trying to influence people to vote for me.
buddying attempt #1
EtherealCookie wrote:
I found some meta on Tubby. It's normal for him to act like this, and everyone suspects him of scum but it turns out he isn't. That doesn't mean we dismiss him from being scum, but his behavior isn't as odd as it might seem. I more of see "Useless Townie" than "Scummy".

buddying attempt #2
EtherealCookie wrote:
I have meta on Tubby that shows he behaves like this as Town anyhow. I don't see why people are saying I have lots of information on him. I just quoted some stuff and wrote a one liner response. Manho is #2 most scummy for me. However, your posts just seemed scummy to me. I especially didn't like the first quote about "If I were mafia" comment catching attention. I also didn't understand why you announced you were trying to get a response out of Manho and then FoS'd him. If he knows your intent, and he's scum, it's not likely he's going to react heavily.

EtherealCookie wrote:
Well, I'd imagine scum would want to avoid doing something like this because it'd draw so much attention.

WIFOM

EtherealCookie wrote:

setting up mislynch

scum responses
EtherealCookie wrote:
Well.
I was wrong about Wrath. I'm surprised, honestly.
First, we need to examine the bandwagon on Wrath. Look for those who have very little reasoning for their votes.

quote="EtherealCookie"]Why is it suspicious to assume first that we have a doctor? Nobody died tonight. It's not surprising someone might think there's a doctor.

misleading town

you know what you talked me out of lynching your buddy

unvote vote: cookie
I'm sorry, did I insult you by showing everyone that you are completely useless? My bad.

As for the WIFOM, I wasn't aware we should always consider only the obvious. Keep that policy up, buddy. Let the scum pass by you, unless, of course, you're scum.

Oh, and I talked you out of lynching my buddy? How? That makes no sense. If you thought my buddy was scum, wouldn't you lynch him first? If he showed scum, then you'd lynch me. However, by lynching me first, it doesn't prove anything if BJL is scum or not. I could just be defending him because I see you have a terrible case against him. You're just looking for an opportunity to get rid of me, Tubby. It's obvious, now.

Manho
cookie:
#0: confirming as replacement
#1: analysing tubby, wrath and me. and the analysis is acceptable
#2: give a case on wrath, and the case is good
#3: buddying tubby, as tubby said
#4: responding to yernab's #5 post, and i've quoted it above. seems talking to scum-buddy
#5: talking about the post filter
#6: buddying tubby again, as tubby said. attacking wrath and secretly approve of yernab's "if i were scum" question
#7: talking about tubby FoS me for my "contradiction" of haven't been scum before but have been scum. (see post 133)
#8: saying wrath's vote on him is more like a retaliation
#9-15: defending himself and attacking wrath, which i agreed
#16-18: discussing who is the next target if wrath flips scum. probably looking for the next mislynch
#19: "Did he just kill him?"
#20: said he knew who to look for if wrath flips town
#21: said wrath should do better if he is town
#22: buddying tubby again
#23: finding the mod
#24: "Well. I was wrong about Wrath. I'm surprised, honestly." the word "honestly" didn't seem honest
#25-26: defending bjl
#27-30: defending himself and attacking tubby.

All useless points, and I never knew that I could display posts from only single users. Wow, scum talk. yea, sure. I wasn't aware you could detect if I'm lying or not through how I say a word when I typed it on the internet. Did I stumble while saying honestly? I must've been lying!

As for 20 and 21...
Wow.
Well, if Wrath shows townie, I'll know who to look at next.
A guy just hammered. Am I not supposed to look at him?
Well, if you're really town, I fail to see why you didn't put any effort into defending yourself at the end, and instead gave up.
Uhm... He claimed he's town. He's dead. Why would he lie? I'm just irritated he didn't put effort into defending himself.

Anyhow, consider this carefully. Manho, while attacking me and BJL, has been defending Tubby silently. The quotes from me that he calls suspicious are also ones that attack Tubby.

So, with that in mind.

Scum vibe.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:43 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Okay. Back on the computer.
With my cases presented, here:
Vote:Tubby216

FoS: Manho

Also, I screwed over my quoting.
I can't be completely sure that bjl is scum, but he's definitely the scummiest. But here you are saying that he definitely will not be scum, without even stating any reason to prove otherwise. What makes you think he isn't scum? What points do you have in his defense?
Really? Did you NOT see tubby hammer someone with no reason?
And you might be wrong if you do think scum would be protective of their scum buddy. It works either way.
Manho
Quote:

yernab:
yernab wrote:
After reading EtherealCookie's analysis, I decided to look at manho's posts exclusively. If you're reading this, go ahead - at the bottom of the page, set the user to "manho" and see what you get. Although the bulk of EtherealCookie's analysis is aimed at tubby, who has been... rather unhelpful on the whole, manho's posts are even more devoid of substance. And he's an SE, too - if anything, he should be using the benefit of his experience to help us scumhunt. But so far, nothing.

EtherealCookie wrote:
I didn't know I could set to user posts. Thanks for that. Makes reading people much more easier.

bjl:

so, vote: bjl
Oh man, Manho. The guy who followed me onto Wrath's bandwagon quickly, and now I'm scum? Huh. I think my Day II read is going to be much different on you. If I had to guess who were most likely scumbuddies, I'd go with you and Tubby. You both seem keen to support the "EC is Scum!" case. Oh look, you don't like Yernab because he wants to examine you closely. Then BJL comes along. Decent case against BJL. Nothing worthy of a lynching.

The EC Bandwagon!

Tubby! Yay!
Oh look, he's trying to make it seem like I'm partners with BJL without really accusing me of it. Just subtly saying it. Huh. Why not just confront me and pull out a case claiming I'm scumbuddies with him? Oh, simple, he doesn't have a good case. He just wants me dead.
No case. He just tells people that we're scum and is trying to influence people to vote for me.

------------------------------------------------
Fixed.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

When doing lots of quotes like that, please use the quote function where it can say stuff like 'Meji wrote' etc (you didnt attribute the stuff I said to me in the above), like in Zach's post above yours

Unfortunately I don't use quotes, so I can't actually tell you how to do that . . . but its harder to follow the not so attributed quotes

And my actual commentary will come later today
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I thought I put the people I was addressing before quoting them.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by manho »

@cookie, so you are voting tubby and FoSing me as we are accusing you? tubby's hammer is anti-town, but he is always anti-town, and if you really think wrath is scum, you should be ok with tubby hammering the scum. and you are FoSing me for what reason? the only reason i can find is that i'm accusing you and bjl. so that's an OMGUS vote.

confirm vote: bjl, confirm FoS: cookie
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Once again, off you go defending Tubby. Chainsaw defense, much? Let Tubby speak for himself first. You're not his voice. And, if that's the only reason you can find, maybe you should read my posts carefully, because skimming doesn't help, and this is obviously not an OMGUS vote given I have a case on both of you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”