Mini 855: Colorless Rainbow Town (Halted for list mod error)

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:21 am

Post by Scien »

Meh, I couldn't make my mind up about MM while in game. I was a bit focused on self preservation though.

Amished, that was some hardcore third party defense there. Did you really think that
nothing
of MM's plays was... well... at least unhelpful during day 1?

Not criticizing, just not understanding. That defense was so strong it made me question your motives left and right, and I couldn't understand why you would do that.

As for getting both the SK and the Scum to try and hit you, lawl. Nice work.

Not really surprised about Chinaman, he seemed to back off my case as well in late day one, just like MM. I think Amished did too to an extent.

Meh sorry I played so weak guys, if I played a bit better you might have had a home run in day 1. I've never been lynched day 1 before so that was new. Oh well lol.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Amished »

I thought that he was unhelpful, but I've seen him be ... more unhelpful and the early scum rolefishing was actually well played and after looking back that's 90% of the reason I thought he was town.

I'm glad I was right about 1 of my scumspects; sorry Scien :( I just did see Raiv do more with you than anybody else, which set off alarms. I need to just stick with solo scumtells rather than linked (because of WIFOM).

I thought it was well played on me for getting all anti-town killing factions to go after me, since I can only protect myself once (I intentionally left that out; and here's where cruel comes into play): I wanted to try to WIFOM the scum out of killing Jason (so I wasn't actually going to protect him tonight) and then protect him N3 so that we can get 2 results for sure.

I think jason's "bussing" is more of you just plain hopping on a leading bandwagon for any reason at all. You always said "oh, that makes sense" to whatever recent case was out there and your lack of caring who got lynched was a major scumtell in that regards. If you were with him, it'd be bussing, otherwise it's just scummy.

Yeah, end of D1 I wish we had more time. I replaced in with 3 days and I had to get my suspicions out without analyzing them a 2nd time that normally helps. I was seeing ZEE's backing off and my strong town read on him (not sure why you all didn't see it, but that's a "whatever" point for me) made me doubt myself too. You actually being around to defend yourself and made some good points (while getting away from my points, I still hold by that) made me kinda question myself too.

@Jason: I was hoping that you were going to investigate China; mostly just for my own sanity; but I didn't want to just come out and say it and "direct the cop". I didn't want you to waste an invest. on me/somebody I "knew" to be town.

@MMan: The reason you "screwed up" your claim was in the fact that you said you could roleblock anybody you wanted as many times as you wanted. Knowing my flavor (could protect in a "rainbow" way) made me suspect that you weren't a pro-town role. 1-shot doc on a cop is balanced (which made me believe him). Then, a cop isn't going to investigate a person more than once really. Since I couldn't protect somebody more than once, that's what gave you away to me.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:53 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Amished wrote: @MMan: The reason you "screwed up" your claim was in the fact that you said you could roleblock anybody you wanted as many times as you wanted. Knowing my flavor (could protect in a "rainbow" way) made me suspect that you weren't a pro-town role. 1-shot doc on a cop is balanced (which made me believe him). Then, a cop isn't going to investigate a person more than once really. Since I couldn't protect somebody more than once, that's what gave you away to me.
That's not a logical conclusion. Just because you have a curtailed role, doesn't mean every role is like that. Restricting a vigilante role is normal. Restricting a roleblocker role isn't. I know you'd like to take credit for "outing" me but it just isn't the case.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Amished »

I don't take credit, but even before the cop claim I was ready to lynch you because of what I thought I understood the "flavor" to be. A pro-town protective role (kinda like a roleblocker) that didn't have a similar flavor was suspicious to me. Cops + SKs typically don't need to target the same person more than once so it was a "rainbow" type of town. That's what I thought would happen from the non-scum perspective. Also, another game where a roleblocker is scum only.

No, my name is not "Ed."
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:03 am

Post by d3x »

[grumble]picked both Scum with my first two suspects...would've gotten a solid W for the Town...always target CM if I don't have any other solid leads next...[/grumble]

Seriously, though. Great game everyone! It was freaking fun as hell and crazy furious. Both the Dawn and End of D1 along with Dawn of D2 were crazy! Lots of fast posting to keep up with.

jason- rest up and feel better man.

Thank you for the replace-o-Mod, SC.

I look forward to playing with all of you again very soon!
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:03 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Amished wrote:I don't take credit, but even before the cop claim I was ready to lynch you because of what I thought I understood the "flavor" to be. A pro-town protective role (kinda like a roleblocker) that didn't have a similar flavor was suspicious to me. Cops + SKs typically don't need to target the same person more than once so it was a "rainbow" type of town. That's what I thought would happen from the non-scum perspective. Also, another game where a roleblocker is scum only.
Well, you may have been right about the lynch, but your logic was still flawed.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:06 am

Post by d3x »

MM- Why weren't you answering my questions? I'm still very curious about that.

GTKAS - d3x
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:07 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

d3x wrote:MM- Why weren't you answering my questions? I'm still very curious about that.
Your posting style is all over the place, and it's difficult to discern what's a question or not. Plus you were demanding immediate answers for some posts that require more effort and it was a little off-putting.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 am

Post by d3x »

Fair enough. You can't say it didn't work, though.

GTKAS - d3x
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Amished »

I don't think it's that flawed. Had the mod put in any more pro-town power roles, I think it would've been along similar lines as me.

@d3x: I don't recall you really being suspicious of China, or are you talking about Raiv and Monkey?

No, my name is not "Ed."
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:55 am

Post by d3x »

In general. I know CM in real life, so I know how he works. If you read back a few of my games, I go after him at random times because I know a bit about how he thinks. It would've only been a matter of time before I started pushing him in this game as well. I think that may have forced him to drop a Tell.

It doesn't say anything in his PM about investigating 'clean' but I know that's an SK thing. If he had been investigated, would he have shown 'Innocent'? That would've really boned us.

GTKAS - d3x
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Amished »

No, SK's are guilty. If it was a mafia-cop (i.e. mafia/not mafia) clearly he would've been not mafia. However, SKs are not innocent, so they turn up guilty.

No, my name is not "Ed."
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I really feel bad about not being able to play as much, you talk to anyone who knows me and I love Mafia, its something that actually keeps me sane at the minute.

Truth of the matter is I am in and out of rehab, the muscles at the base of my spine are disintegrating and I have knee ligament damage, years of sporting injuries and working on through them without care have caught up on me.

But I will say what I did see, was fun. China, the only reason I suspected bussing was with Monkeys claim, and how there was no kill and him claiming roll blocking. I knew he was lying from this and seen it as bussing. If I was not the cop and had a guilty on him I would have bought it completely though and was a great play.
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Dizzle »

Damn, I was enjoying this game. Obviously not surprised about Monkey and I definitely don't think China was "in the clear." Oh well, now we'll never know.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Scien »

Any way, I hope to play with you guys again. Next time I think I will play a better game though.

Sorry bout that.

Thanks for modding you two!
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

Hi, all. Great game!

I apologize if it was a bit unbalanced. It was my first game modding (a fact which I tried to keep as low-key as possible), and I think it worked well.

@SC: Thanks for the birthday wishes.

@Raivann: Were you honestly trying to get modkilled? I'm confused.

@MonkeyMan: Fascinating play.

Everyone else: Thanks for being in my first game, even though I wasn't able to hang on till the end.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Amished »

It seemed balanced. Cop + a doc that can only protect him once is a good town setup, without giving away to the doc that a cop *is* in the setup.

2 mafia, 1 sk, 7 vts, 1 cop and 1 1-shot for everybody cop seems like it should work out pretty well.

No, my name is not "Ed."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:38 am

Post by cruelty »

Damn, this game was fun.

I'm pleased I was right about my two main suspects (mm +rai), I was pretty confident I was right about MM and I couldn't understand why you were defending him so hardcore, Amished (playing as an NK magnet or not).

Anyway, thanks all, and both mods.
the nexus of the crisis
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:51 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Great game everyone. Nice job MonkeyMan576. I like your play, Scien.
Amished, I agreed with so much of what you said but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to come off as buddying.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Amished »

@ZEEnon: TBH, I thought your had to use rainbow colors because you were a town PR but didn't want to say anything, that's kinda why I hinted at wanting you back today... Misread that one, but still got the pro-town right =\

No, my name is not "Ed."
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Is it me, or is there a fad of self-imposed posting resrictions?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Scien »

Dunno about that... mainly don't see how its really a restriction. I thought about doing similar to him, but I was just going to claim a color. I wanted to me Mr. Blue or Mr. Green heh.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Amished »

I want Col. Mustard!

No, my name is not "Ed."
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:42 am

Post by d3x »

Prof. Plum all the way, baby! There should be a Clue Mafia. Just sayin'.

GTKAS - d3x
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Amished »

I'll work on it. I bet I know somebody that could help me out designing it. I'll let you know when I get it up and running if you want, d3x. It'll probably be a couple months for sure though before I get it balanced and through the list mod after I finish modding my current game...

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”